Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Middleware Administrator. The successful candidate will maintain application hosting environment at various data centers and provide hosting services to approximately 300 applications and systems, both internally and externally facing. As a part of the middleware group the individual will be responsible for maintaining and securing the WebSphere application server environment. The successful candidate must have strong working knowledge and hands-on support experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX/Linux server operating systems; must lead the development, review and approval of standards and procedures, both operational and functional; and may be required to support different shifts to enable 24x7 support. Must carry a pager and be on call. Limited travel may be required.
This Middleware Administrator is a key member of a dedicated Middleware team to perform all activities associated with managing, supporting and troubleshooting a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report directly to the Middleware manager.
- Maintain and ensure availability and capacity of Middleware AppServer products and services and support client applications in a large and complex environment.
- Work independently or semi-independently with limited guidance or direction.
- Provide technical leadership in the development efforts that may span multiple USPS and contractor teams.
- Plan and implement the Middleware AppServer environment for all stages of development as well as production.
- Install, support, maintain and upgrade Middleware AppServer products and services.
- Develop and maintain project plans in accordance with client standards.
- Develop, document, and implement procedures that support, maintain and enhance the Middleware AppServer environment.
- Interact with other Postal organizations and individuals, such as developers and end users, to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Diagnose and resolve complex problems in the Middleware AppServer environments.
- Develop growth plans to ensure that the hosting environment is capable of supporting the projected growth.
- Serve as the escalation point for all issues not resolved by the other support staff.
- Develop and implement procedures that support proactive problem detection and avoidance, including disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Balance hardware, network, software and architecture issues to arrive at a scalable and maintainable solution that meets client requirements for uptime, performance and functionality. Also recommend solutions and alternatives.
- Perform logical and physical appserver design (HA, multi-jvm, and multi-cell).
- Ensure all changes are documented and develop Quality Assurance plans and procedures.
- Perform SSL Certificate management.
- Research new and developing technology and their applicability to the USPS environment.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Security Control Assessor (SCA) is the Information Assurance (IA) Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) role in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) workflow. The SCA role requires an IA professional with in-depth system security knowledge and skills to provide Assessment & Authorization (A&A) support throughout a systems lifecycle. The SCA conducts full and partial assessments of security controls implemented on customer owned and sponsored Information System’s (IS), enhances IS security awareness of Directorates & Offices’ staff, ensures proper IS security resources are appropriately applied as well as acts as IS liaison between the Directorates & Offices and the Government.
- Review information systems for compliance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance
- Provide IS security advice and guidance in accordance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance to Government and industry partners for the protection of data at all classification levels including SCI
- Provide IS technical guidance and support in preparing responses for USG approval to A&A questions asked by Government and industry partners;
- Evaluate and recommend approval, disapproval, or waiver(s) for IS processing national security data at industry and/or Government facilities
- Support development and implementation of directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management policies
- Provide input for consideration in the promulgation of future IS security policy
- Support and/or conduct site visits and assessments to inspect and verify IS reports and plans at industrial and Government locations as approved by the Government, and provide a written report for review and approval by the USG;
- Track completion of the Security Assessment Package and report status;
- Support the preparation of the Security Assessment Report (SAR). The SAR contents include, but is not limited to the, Summary of Assessment results and Authorization Recommendation;
- Review, coordinate, and respond to IS security issues as requested by the Government;
- Perform short term (less than 90 days) CONUS and OCONUS travel to conduct site security inspections when approved by the Government;
- Provide A&A support to the Government for the protection of special programs and tactical operations related activities.
- Participates in special projects as required
• Experience identifying valid threat targets across various mission AORs and conducting all-source target analysis using multiple tools and databases; minimum of one year experience with IC targeting tools
• Ability to prepare messages on targets and communicate results through the preparation of targeting packages.
• Demonstrated experience with customer targeting
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting, business, economics or finance (preferred) or demonstrate strong understanding of global finance through experience or knowledge
• Demonstrated experience using customer messaging system
• Minimum of one year of experience working with foreign partners.
• Minimum of one year of experience providing training or giving presentations to foreign partners.
Contract: I2TS 3
Graphics Specialist (L2)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Graphics Specialist:
- Develops network, data center, and architecture graphics to support IT enterprise documentation
- Assists in the preparation of presentation graphics and supports the development of contract deliverables and reports by developing and updating graphic presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these Examples include: network diagrams, communication DODAF diagrams, rack elevations, and JT block diagrams
- Is responsible for integrating the graphics generated with automated tools and the deliverable documents
- Is capable of managing several tasks from several different requestors at one time
- Utilizes current graphic design technology and software applications to produce graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, marketing materials, websites, and other visual communications media
- Prepares illustrations from concept drawings, sketches, models, and/or written and verbal instructions
- Selects styles and sizes of type, lays out material, and performs related tasks
- May participate in the design and creation of videos using computer and video equipment
- May prepare storyboards for use in video or computer presentations
- Prepares notes and instructions for printing
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrated specialized experience using commercial graphics or computer aided design programs
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the preparation of graphics materials
- Knowledge of and ability to use various graphic design software applications
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Info. Security Analyst
Support MPE Implementation
A successful candidate must be able to:
- Manage the Host Based Security System (HBSS) of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Implement, operate, and maintain network security devices.
- Work with security engineering team to integrate new capabilities, plan lifecycle replacements, and provide input into the security architecture roadmaps.
- Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Make recommendations for hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Identify ports, protocols, and services used, network data requirements, data flow diagrams and/or descriptions, hosting environment for the application, web application encryption methods, documentation of applicable Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementations, and if the system stores or processes Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Implement and provide documentation for applicable STIGs.
- Assist with identifying mitigations to non-compliant CCIs or STIG items.
- Implement protections as identified by the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program provided by DISA.
- Identify mitigations to non-compliant IAVM items.
- Ensure findings of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scans are remediated or mitigations are identified that reduce the risk of an exploit to an acceptable level.
- Implement all cryptographic routines such that they are compatible with FIPS 140-2 requirements.
Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Designs and produces metal and plastic project components and other mechanical parts from raw materials.
1. Operates CNC machinery, and is familiar with CNC machine tool technology and Haas CNC Milling Machines. Operates traditional machine shoptools such as lathes, drill presses, band saws, grinders, benders, etc.
2. Conducts moderately complex research, design, and construction of hardware and mechanical components in a variety of metals and plastics.
3. Designs new products and/or modifies existing products to support project solutions.
4. Develops technical specifications to support and enhance component production.
5. Analyzes hardware designs and recommends changes for improved performance and quality.
6. Tests hardware performance to specifications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced hardware engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Supports multiple Naval Suppy System Command (NAVSUP) Country Program Managers and Transportation Specialists in the transportation of Security Cooperation and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) material. Performs all aspects of transportation coordination and support for multiple foreign partner countries involving classified, hazardous and general cargo. Duties include but are not limited to: working all FMS case transportation issues for all contracted countries; originate and coordinate classified, hazardous material and unclassified transportation plans; track outbound/inbound shipments of material to/from FMS partner countries and resolve frustrated freight situations. Coordinate all aspects of Special Assignment Airlift Missions (SAAM). Perform other duties as required.
- Coordinates with FMS Country Representatives for weapons systems transportation support; providing planning and recommendations for each customer as needed to fulfill their Program's transportation requirements;
- Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs including program; classified; or comsec transportation plans;
- Researches; identifies; and recommends resources required for task execution and completion;
- Analyzes shipments of high-value; sensitive; explosive; and/or classified assets for clients; determines cost effective modes of transportation to international destinations; arranges and plans SAAM flights and coordinated channel airlift;
- Attends meetings for FMS customers subscribing to the NAVAIR Transportation Team to provide technical briefings; reports; and status on major transportation policy issues;
- Coordinates with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of Significant Military Equipment and Freight Forwarders to ensure effective shipment of assets;
- Evaluates FMS customer country's transportation procedures/concepts to determine compliance with U.S. Government export/import laws and policies and recommends alternative support procedures/concepts;
- Serves as technical advisor to senior level client personnel in assigned subject areas; recommends functional changes; and identifies areas for further investigation;
- May represent NAVAIR's Director of Logistics for International Programs on international transportation issues with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency of the Department of Homeland Security; Department of State; Defense Security Cooperation Agency; and Navy International Programs;
- Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures; presentations; and training materials;
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities;
- May perform business development activities;
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas;
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Test DDG FCS software during CM builds and formal cold test evolutions using FCS simulators
- When necessary manage a test team to assist with executing test procedure. Ensure that all elements of the test procedure are completed satisfactorily.
- Identify FCS software testing needs/ resources and attend daily LBES stand-up meeting to deconflict resources with other programs
- Assist software developers with testing SPIR fixes during unit testing.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues to determine if issue is hardware or software based.
- Integrate FCS testing/ troubleshooting efforts with MCS and other related hardware components
- Write SPIRs for issues discovered during testing.
- Communicate severity to DDG Mod FCS Team Lead
- Work with test coordinator lead and software lead to determine prioritization
- Assist with design and development of new FCS simulators in LBES
- Review drawings and make design recommendations
- Test and troubleshoot newly installed simulators
- Attend daily and weekly status meetings
- Communicate status of FCS issues and resource needs at daily stand-up meetings and weekly software meetings as appropriate
- Communicate status of testing efforts with external teams and at weekly DDG FCS Team meeting
Develops, codes, deploys, and maintains web applications and websites. The successful candidate will develop , support and maintain websites on the Customer’s network. This effort shall also include developing web-based training (WBT) courses. The Web Developer and Web Graphics Designer tasks include collecting and analyzing user needs to determine website content and technical/graphical design requirements; designing, building, and maintaining websites and course-related WBT using scripting languages, management tools and digital/multi-media; communicating with the Customer to determine prioritized needs, resolving conflicts, and developing content criteria in conjunction with subject experts and customers.
1. Develops, tests, and produces server setup utilizing Linux and Windows Operating Systems
2. Utilizes and establishes relational databases such as Oracle or MYSQL
3. Develops and evaluates code to ensure validity, proper structure, customer and industry standards and compatibility with the customer's browsers, devices and operating systems
4. Identifies issues through testing and corrects problems using industry and customer standard testing protocols and customer feedback
5. Maintains knowledge of current web technologies and web/graphic design technologies available to the customer
6. Performs and documents the requirements, implementation of the final products and any updates
7. Strong emphasis and experience on user interface design and programming. Ability to translate designs into a content management system (Wordpress, SharePoint or Joomla.
9. Experience working in the PC environment with Adobe Creative Suite and similar products
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
As a Cyber security analyst you will assess, plan, and enact security measures to help protect an organization from security breaches and attacks on its computer networks and systems.
- Leads investigation, clean up, and reporting of all malware infections, suspicious files, and other issues
- Analyzes all relevant cyber security event data and other sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches
- Produces reports, assists in the coordination during incidents, and coordinates with the Network Defense O&M to ensure all security monitoring systems are on-line, up to date and operational
- Applies knowledge of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs)
- Detects, triages, investigates, responds and reports on all of the monitored networks
- Demonstrates experience with RMF, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53, and NISPOM
- Demonstrates experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC)
Demonstrated experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (XACTA, RedSeal, Nessus, Splunk, McAfee ePO, and/or other vulnerability scanners)
Board certified in relevant security programs (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, NCSF, CAP, etc.)
Excellent writing and communication skills
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.