Click column header to sort
Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
1. Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis.
2. Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
3. Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
4. Analyzes assigned contracts' projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
5. Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
6. Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
7. Participates in the preparation of cost proposals.
8. Conducts audits and analysis of their organization's direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
9. May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
10. Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Conducts cyber security compliance assessments of existing and emerging technologies. Conducts field surveys, installs and operational support. Implements Risk Management Framework Security Controls. Performs procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Associated tasks include;
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs as a CECS Migration Planner overseeing worldwide engineering and installation projects. In charge of up to 15 projects per year. Associated tasks include:
1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks
2. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitors tasks to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program.
3. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
4. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
5. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements.
6. Performs business development activities.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Analyzes acquisition data (such as financial/budget information, congressional tracking, programmatic support, etc.) and makes recommendations for program improvements.
1. Applies knowledge of the defense acquisition process to support customers in the analysis and improvement of acquisition programs.
2. Assists government procurement agencies in defining proposals and qualifying vendors.
3. Devises strategies for developing and implementing new acquisition program initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of implementation.
4. Uses quantitative analytical techniques to assess system acquisition process issues and develop risk reduction/mitigation approaches for improving acquisition/program planning, control, and execution.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
NAVAL SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN
This position provides technical support for Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) by providing the system and equipment expertise to aid in troubleshooting, assessment analysis, inspection, root cause localization and identification, test, certification, maintenance training, logistics configuration support, alteration development, and long-term problem resolution related to naval satellite communications equipment.
The position includes performing tasks on board USN ships. Approximately 40% of the work is performed in an office environment and 60% in a shipboard environment which includes working aloft or in confined or secure spaces.
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Develops QA Workbooks. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
11. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a plus.
Develops, codes, deploys and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Provides application development and technical support for customer websites.
2. Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics that support interactive, marketing-focused content.
3. Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
4. Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written, and then designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs.
5. Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
6. Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action.
7. May prepare technical user guides.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Resolution and tracking of incidents. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers and related equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot.
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.