Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to join our team to support the United States Army Medical Material Development Activity (USAMMDA) located at Ft Detrick, MD. USAMMDA is the premier developer of world class military medical capabilities with a mission to develop and deliver quality medical capabilities to protect, treat, and sustain the health of Our Service Members. This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland.
The Systems Integration Engineer will support theWarfighter Health, Performance and Evacuation (WHPE) PMO at USAMMDA in the following tasks. This is not a programming position.
- Provide systems integration engineering support for product development of systems such as the Health Readiness and Performance System (HRAPS). Apply engineering principles for the effective integration of technology(s) into a system of systems, such as HRAPS, using an incremental, phased approach.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend Government off the shelf (GOTS) and Commercial off the shelf (COTS) sensors, algorithms and suggested leader actions into actionable information based on, but not limited to, requirements, technology maturity and availability for inclusion to programs of record in an incremental, phased approach.
- Develop plans, schedules and estimates as they relate to systems integration.
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents.
- Utilize knowledge of wearable devices, physiological sensors and algorithms into actionable information that allows small unit leaders to make data-driven decisions on unit performance and safety.
- Apply software and/or systems engineering knowledge, skills and experience in integrating technology into a system of systems using an incremental approach.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and experience creating and manipulating systems engineering models using Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Participate in special projects as required.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Help Desk Specialist.
Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Acts as the overall lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues. Oversees contractor execution of the contract requirements. Manages acquisition and employment of program/project resources. Provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. This technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the incumbent troubleshoots computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems, managed services software, Windows 10, 7, Active Directory, Network Basics, VPN Basics, and Mobile Device Basics.
Required Skills/Experience: CMA required. Candidate must have Team Lead experience. Network Engineering knowledge to support special projects, possess excellent Customer Service skills (proactive, good communicator, responsive to customer needs). Demonstrated experience with Active Directory, ESMT, Windows 10 desktop support, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
Enterprise Data Management (EDM) of Enterprise Analytics, addresses common data issues across the enterprise and enables a consistent, repeatable approach to manage data as a corporate asset. EDM has been working on creating the functions and foundation for a better management of data usage within the Postal Environment. EDM is implementing Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog tool to help providing visibility of organizational data. The EDC tool is one of the components to build metadata and a catalog of what data is stored in the USPS application data stores. The EDC tools works by:
- Scanning application data storage
- Cataloging and storing the metadata (in terms of tables and columns, related structures) in an internal repository
- The tool provides access to this catalog repository via secured web browser and enables visibility on what data is stored where.
In summary the EDC tool, offers insight into technical metadata of source applications, the flow of data across different application components and logical grouping of Data Domains.
- Enables Data Discovery (with a google like search of the repository) and Lineage Analysis.
- Enables vision of transformation logic and relationships between data assets.
- Enables association of business terms with technical assets.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Unix and Windows Hardware support
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products..
- Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, etc..
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
Position Title: Lead Technician, Network – Installation Specialist (L2)
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Installation Specialist:
- Conducts hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design
- Makes recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements
- Provides installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status
- Plans, builds, and installs cable patch panels and cable infrastructures
- Installs and terminates all types of standard IT cable and fiber
- Provides equipment rack installation and equipment installations within a variety of locations that includes, but is not limited to, data centers, equipment rooms, communications closets, operations centers, and user workspaces
- Performs installs and terminations for all types of standard IT cable and fiber
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with network infrastructure and/or components
- Recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
Skills / Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment (CE) certification: CCENT
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel maybe required in support of the mission
The GDIT ADCNOMS Team is hosting a two day Hiring EVENT for all potential and incumbent candidates, for the NETCOM ADCNOMS contract. This event is scheduled for October 17th (9am-6pm) & October 18th (9am-12pm) at the Thunder Mountain Activity Center on Ft. Huachuca. In preparation for this event, GDIT’s recruiting team is trying to collect as much candidate information as possible. To accomplish this, we have posted this generic ADCNOMS Hiring Requisition to allow applicants to create a GDIT profile and upload a resume. Please apply to this requisition if you are interested in meeting our recruiting team and those of our partners to hear more about our ADCNOMS opportunities. We look forward to meeting you soon, and will be in touch regarding the next steps in our hiring process. Thank you!
Please start the process by clicking the “Apply for this job online” button to the right.
Please share this site with a friend by clicking the “Email this job to a friend” button to the right.
Researches, monitors, and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data.
The successful Technical Targeting Analyst identifies communication links and associated networks, conducts development and provides recommendations in support of future technical collection and targeting efforts. Will perform link analyses on new and existing networks in order to identify access vectors and vulnerabilities. They may obtain current overhead imagery of all high priority targets and produce advanced visualization mapping products for Intelligence Community leaders. They will use various technical targeting tools to identify, task and exploit selectors associated with targets, target organizations and networks.
Demonstrated experience supporting teams on sponsor projects, associated with cable writing and other sponsor correspondence.
Demonstrated experience supporting HUMINT and SIGINT enabled operations with both OCONUS partners and via unilateral accesses.
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
As such, GD Information Technology (GDIT) seeks a Systems Administrator Senior with comprehensive knowledge in applying in-depth sustainment support of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detection of them when prevention fails.
Functional duties consist of:
- Managing the functionality and efficiency of systems associated with the HBSS framework and product suites.
- Providing O&M support to Linux-based appliances and servers.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of network devices.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintaining system documentation
- Interacting with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Making recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Developing and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Providing advice and training to end-users.
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participating in special projects as required.
Info. Security Analyst
Support MPE Implementation
A successful candidate must be able to:
- Manage the Host Based Security System (HBSS) of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Implement, operate, and maintain network security devices.
- Work with security engineering team to integrate new capabilities, plan lifecycle replacements, and provide input into the security architecture roadmaps.
- Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Make recommendations for hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Identify ports, protocols, and services used, network data requirements, data flow diagrams and/or descriptions, hosting environment for the application, web application encryption methods, documentation of applicable Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementations, and if the system stores or processes Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Implement and provide documentation for applicable STIGs.
- Assist with identifying mitigations to non-compliant CCIs or STIG items.
- Implement protections as identified by the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program provided by DISA.
- Identify mitigations to non-compliant IAVM items.
- Ensure findings of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scans are remediated or mitigations are identified that reduce the risk of an exploit to an acceptable level.
- Implement all cryptographic routines such that they are compatible with FIPS 140-2 requirements.
This role is not yet funded
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
The O&S Senior Level Oracle DBA/Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Being a technical resource for Oracle related design, performance, security and configuration issues
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for Oracle related issues
- Developing and maintaining O&S operating procedures for the Compute infrastructure in addition to providing on-the-job training to O&S Tier II personnel
- Support both VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases
- Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
- Some interaction with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan
- Supporting the Certification and Accreditation process - running SRR, resolving findings, documenting solutions, workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts, practices and procedures.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.