Click column header to sort
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. the ability to create data fixes for applications
12. create software release packages, run a large software upgrade, and develop triggers and database procedures for applications
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
1. Performs expert level development and delivery of highly complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives
2. Must have instructional, and operational experience with the customer
3. Must have a strong technical background, and field experience
4. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives
5. Is recognized as a subject matter expert in the field in which he/she is training
6. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
7. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness
8. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance
9. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead
11. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies
12. Provides analysis and research for national security, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability
13. Prepares assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information
14. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success
15. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas
17. Participates in special projects as required
Performs Shipboard Installation and testing of C4I CANES Infrastructure. Routes, tests and terminates cabling for associated system/components
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. May provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Performs preventative maintenance.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Ability to read and interpret NAVSEA drawings and possess knowledge/capability to support electrical trades.
11. Skill with cable removal; cable installation; open/close of MCT's (multi-cable transits); lagging and painting
Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Engineer, Network – Network Engineer (L3)
Location: Fort Meade, MD
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Engineer:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Designs and performs integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manages the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Skills / Experience:
- Provide research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env: CCNA to start and must obtain CCNP within 180 days of their start date.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
GDIT is hiring an experienced Clinical Research Nurse to join our team in support of our client Navy Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD) in California.
“From the original tent dispensary established in 1914 to the modern facility of today, Naval Medical Center San Diego’s (NMCSD) mission has remained constant: provide the finest medical care in a family-centered environment to military service members, their families and those who served in the past”
Find out more about NMCSD HERE
The Clinical Research Nurse will:
- Conduct patient interviews, patient recruitment, enrollment, and verify patient eligibility for clinical investigative studies.
- Observe patients after administration of study medication for adverse events.
- Take and properly record vital signs, performing venipuncture and specimen collection and processing.
- Complete case report forms, maintain up-to-date research logs, schedule appointments, prepare patient recruitment letters, and various other study correspondence as required.
- Educate patients about clinical research protocols, study requirements and expectations.
- Adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Collaborate with other members of the research team to ensure consistent practice in patient care management.
- Monitor on-site study sites to meet with, assist and consult with study investigators.
- Recruit and schedule all study site personnel as required.
- Ensure compliance with subject consenting and reporting of adverse events and side effects.
- Track the expenditures for all study-related activities, including supplies and equipment.
- Create study documents, including protocols and amendments thereof, consent forms, data collections forms.
- Provide inputs to final reports that document the research findings for human use protocols including, but not limited to those listed above.
Senior Functional Analyst
System: GRCS - Guardrail
Location: Hunter Airfield, Savannah, GA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army’s Communications Electronics Command’s (CECOM) Software Engineering Center’s (SEC) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers software to enable the Expeditionary Army while supporting the SEC mission of ensuring operational readiness by developing, providing, integrating and maintaining Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Logistics and Business software. Support covers a wide range of garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies to the users of strategic and tactical command, control, communication, and computer (C4), business, and logistics management systems.
GDIT support will be provided to the various functional areas within the CECOM SEC to include Regional Field Support, Operations Center, and world-wide Customer Support Center offices established by SEC Field Support Division (FSD).
- Analyze & manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems, and suggest emerging technological advances that may improve current platforms.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to users on a larger grouping of systems; support multiple end-users at Brigade/Division level.
- Manage functionality & efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- May supervise a local team of field software service engineers & field service analysts and managing process improvement.
- Possess exceptional oral & written communications skills and the ability to work independently, with minimal direction; self-motivated and results-focused mindset are a must.
- Prepare status report/briefings for the customer and upper management. Develop plans & schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
- Be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations.
GRCS - Guardrail Senior Functional Analyst Requirements / Skill Sets
- Conduct functional testing of Military Intelligence systems, and write and update system documentation, procedures and training materials.
- Analysis of user requirements and determine functional requirements to customize, maintain, and install ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.
- Configure LDAP & maintain operator accounts and resolve any operator account related issues.
- Responsible for functional testing & implementation of backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Install, maintain and configure DNS Servers & maintain host configuration.
- Perform daily checks on GRCS applications & tools
- Monitor & configure Safemove data replication.
- Knowledge of client & server software interaction including web-based application design, support, integration.
- Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation etc
- Understand Information Assurance methodology principles.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Minimum Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
- Comptia Server +, or
- Comptia Linux +
- Preferred CE: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
- All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Expertise at configuring AWS/C2S Cloud environments following best practices.
• Assemble and integrate cloud operating platforms using open source & partner tools.
• Integrate infrastructure builds with continuous code deployment processes.
• Build automated deployments using configuration management playbooks and recipes.
• Ensure the performance, reliability, security and ease of maintenance for deployments.
• Measure success through the hand-over and successful adoption of solutions.
• Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry.
• Experience working in a Linux environment
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Implementing build pipelines with Git commit hooks (Code Commit/Code Deloy), Jenkins plug-ins, configuration management and AMI builders.
• Using configuration management with tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
• Creating automation scripts with Python, bash (Cloud Formation, Cloud Init)
• Linux OS and package management.
• RDS and NoSQL storage (DynamoDB).
• Experience building and running Docker containers is a plus.
• AWS Developer, SysOps or DevOps Certification is a plus.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
3. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
8. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
9. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs various advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of a company or customer executive. Typically supports executive(s) at the VP level.
Manage the workflow of continuously changing priorities, schedules, and action items for Chief and Deputy Chief. Answer phone calls, receive visitors, and maintain appointment calendars while resolving conflicts using discretion, forethought, and tactfulness. Present clear and concise information in both written and verbal formats, to include creating and responding to administrative correspondences, assisting with preparation of informational briefings to various audiences, and maintaining internal communications media. Coordinate travel plans for the Chief and Deputy Chief to ensure travel arrangements are prepared and communicated ahead of the anticipated travel and that all necessary travel documents are obtained in advance. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling competing priorities from different principles. Knowledge of Sponsor's travel system, hiring process, and access systems desired. Core hours: 8:00-4:00.
1. Prepares and types correspondence, reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
3. Prepares and maintains files and other records.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
5. May take dictation and transcribe notes.
6. Processes expense reports.
7. Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
8. May provide work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.