Click column header to sort
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The successful Systems Administrator will have experience managing secure information systems, establishing user accounts, and baselining workstations and servers using secure rule sets (e.g. CIS, NIST), and supporting Tier 3 engineering level analysis of operational systems. He or she will support the development, testing, and deployment of specialized laptops, applications, network enclaves, and end-to-end telecommunication systems, when required. The candidate will be capable of developing scripts (PERL, C++) for managing server logs, backup systems, and monitoring server health. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for managing fielded servers/workstations and scripts which are operationally focused to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer IT objectives. There can be up to 4-5 trips for travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations for maintenance work. O&M requires maintaining customer system(s) with current security patches, anti-virus protection, and up-to-date operating systems.
1. Proficient with Windows Server 2016, PowerShell scripting, VMWare, Windows10, Windows Server Update Service (WSUS), Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and or RHEL 7, Linux kernel development, user account management, managing Linux images, networking with Windows, managing data acccess controls with Active Directory Services.
2. Demonstrated experience with standalone systems (ie non-enterprise)
3. Demonstrated experience with anti-virus scanning and updates (ie McAfee)
4. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP
5. Practical experience with OpenVPN, and IPSec tunneling
6. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performance-tuning skills
7. Ability to follow strong engineering and programming practices
8. Communicate effectively with peers and support staff to highlight and claify software and system design elements
9. Networking experience with Cisco preferred
Supports planning, designing, engineering, development, testing, configuring, deployment, and 24/7 operations of secure Global IT/Telecommunications systems/networks (WAN/VPNs/IPSEC). The team is operationally focused to meet both quick react and strategic customer objectives. Domestic and international travel possible up to four trips (1-2 weeks each) per year.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Experience defining, designing and implementing multi-layer VOIP networks.
4. Experience specifying, testing, and operating both hardware and software defined firewalls (Cisco FirePower).
5. Experience detecting and preventing network intrusions and DNS attacks along with performing network log analysis.
6. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
7. Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems and ability to maintain and configure network interfaces to routers and switches.
8. Experience with Field travel, and interfacing with other network operations centers.
9. Experience with configuring, testing, and managing Cisco networking equipment.
10. Hands on experience with IT system monitoring and management tools (ie SolarWinds & InterMapper).
11. Strong understanding of TCP/IP and IP Address management.
12. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSEC tunneling.
13. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and network performance-tuning skills.
14. Ability to develop good engineering and programming practices and build workflows.
15. Analyzes network topologies as well as traffic and capacity requirements.
16. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
17. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
18. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
19. May perform network administration duties.
20. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
21. Serves as technical team or task leader.
22. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
23. Participates in special projects as required.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
** Requires an additional scrub** The AA will need to have experience using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. Preferably the AA will have some familiarity with these, but training can be provided if needed (Adobe, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Access Request System, Procurement System, Internal Communication System and Dissemination). Requires excellent attention to detail and critical thinking. Manage/order office supplies. Schedule, coordinate and track IT, Facilities, and Logistics requirements. Assist with on/off boarding of personnel. Submit vault request, accesses, IT, and other requests. Prepare work stations for arriving officers. Update/maintain rosters, phone lists, and org charts. Track the progress of onboarding actions. Assist with schedule meetings, conference rooms, and arrange for transportation. As needed, assist with travel arrangements, including gathering/delivering/retrieving travel documentation. Prepare itineraries and vouchers. No prior experience is needed with Travel systems.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
- Supports/Administers/Configures a network environment such as servers, routers, switches, circuits, firewalls, wireless, intrusion prevention devices,
- Able to implement/support/monitor/troubleshoot/rectify network issues on a physical and/ or virtual network a they
- Possesses an understanding on how to manage group policies, local security policies, and government standards for: Creating, modifying, and removing user accounts
- Manages the functionalities and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating
- Reports status and discrepancies as they are observed in system performance in a clear, concise and complete manner,
- Analyzes, interprets and refines IT related requests to assure understanding of assignment(s)
- Collaborates with the E2 team when additional information is needed to perform root cause analysis.
- Supports the E2 team with the validation and verification of new software builds during installs, assists with troubleshooting and documenting on the spot fixes to remedy issues post
- Using a solution-oriented approach, suggest and champion system enhancements and/or workarounds to the factory baseline to improve system reliability and
- Will be required to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid
- Performs daily system monitoring to maintain a high state of
- Write and/or review system Operational Procedures and system documentation. Change to Support the review and updating of Program operational procedures, as required
- Participates in special projects as required.
The Security Training Specialist tasks include:
- Provide a thorough analysis and research and provide recommendations to the scope and content of security related training;
- Design appropriate instructional solutions in order to solve a problem or fulfill a need identified during analysis, and convey this information in the form of a Course Design Document for review and approval by Government;
- Develop and provide Instructor and Participant Guides and Implementation Plans based on the Government approved Course Design Document;
- Develop and deliver training based on the Government approved Implementation Plans, e.g. web based, instructor lead, or handouts/brochures;
- Deliver the training specified in each Implementation Plan within the agreed upon timelines;
- Define, prepare, document and distribute training course materials as required to support all phases of the training product life-cycle as approved by Government;
- Draw on the expertise and abilities of various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other functional specialists throughout the training product development and delivery stages;
- Solicit and analyze course evaluations to provide written feedback and recommendations for course improvements for review and approval by Government;
- Annually review and update existing CLB sponsored training to ensure timely and accurate content as approved by the Government;
- Perform quality and assurance review for all training efforts under this contract;
- Assist with responses to TIER action items related to security training initiatives.
GDIT duties include:
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients' functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Develops research & development plans.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task lead.
8. Makes changes to methods, design or equipment where necessary.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Administrator, Systems – Systems Administrator (L3)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices,
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Skills / Experience:
- Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated ticket
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: MCSA Server 2016 (You can start with the first exam completed (70-740) and must obtain the full MCSA Server 2016 within 180 days from start date.)
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required in support of the customer's mission requirements
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator / Web Server Admin for our Navy customer in Crane, Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you. Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges!
As a Sr. Systems Server Administrator you will be involved in operating system and application maintenance and configuration, from acquisition to maintenance intervals and upgrades, to end of life planning. You will be responsible for security and configuration compliance and will work with other members of the IT System Administration Team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners and other teams associated with the division. As part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data and information.
- You are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements.
- Provide data and assistance on audits.
- Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
- Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health.
- Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
- Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed. Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
Other Duties Include:
- Install and administer hardware, various operating systems and software applications. Including system fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Manage computer and user accounts, privileges and system access.
- Manage system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recovery.
- Performs troubleshooting, analysis of alerts and repairs on systems.
- Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation.
- Implement security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements.
- Provide IT support for workstations, scanners and servers to ensure that operability requirements are up to date with latest patches and firmware and that the hardware is configured properly.
- Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies.
- Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listens to other’s ideas; communicate accurately and concisely.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change.
- Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
- Execute PowerShell scripting.
1. Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products.
2. Performs shop and mechanical tasks such as drilling, cutting, and fabricating.
3. Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
4. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment. Reads layouts/blueprints containing weld symbols.
5. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, diagnostic devices and related equipment.
6. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
7. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
8. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
9. Constructs components or sub-assemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
10. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test methods.
11. Participates in special projects and performs as a team player assisting with other duties as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Navy Spy Radar Trainer/ Technician to train fleet sailors in Dahlgren VA. BMD is preferred but not required.
- Develops, organizes and conducts classroom and lab training for Fleet SPY technicians on Baselines 3,5,6,7,9A,9A2A,9C and BMD supporting maintenance and operation of the SPY Radar System.
- Develops, tests, maintains and delivers training programs and related materials in support of Center for Surface Combat Systems/ATRC training objectives.
- Teaches approved course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress and program effectiveness.
- Supports updates of course curriculum on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.