Click column header to sort
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Plans, prepares and delivers Mission Command training. Regularly contributes analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation requiring expertise in the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsible for monitoring ongoing training and modifying scenarios in real time as needed to insure the training objectives are achieved. Conducts post-training analysis to measure the effectiveness of the training, and where appropriate, recommends changes to specific scenarios to better represent the in-theater experience. The TIs Primary duties consist of performing non-manual work directly related to the general business operations of the MTC Director as detailed in the statement of work (SOW) and the MTC Director’s customers, military units. Performance of these duties requires TIs to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance within the framework of the approved Event Life Cycle Management (ELM) process. The TI’s primary duties require advanced knowledge and independent decision-making. A TI’s work is redominantly intellectual in character and requires the employee to consistently exercise discretion and judgment. While testing and troubleshooting in the tradition sense are a minor part of the job duties. Maintaining technical proficiency is a significant part of the duties and is implicit in the TI certification & training event support process. Technical proficiency here transcends one system to a "system of systems" (SOS) (specifically US Army Mission Command capabilities), systems integration environment, the management of training products, and training US Army Battalion & Brigade Battle Staffs in the utilization of SOS and SOS products. TIs integrate requisite Live, Virtual, Constructive, Gaming and Mission Command (LVCG+MC) within training environments that include classrooms for individual training and venues for collective training of small to large groups. TIs train military users; develops training methods and materials such as curriculum, lectures, and computer-based training aids based on consultation with client / user specifications. Consults with users to design, create, and configure systems to meet their training requirements. TIs are responsible for maintaining technical and tactical proficiency with the software and training support package (TSP) products for multiple LVCG+MC capabilities.
TIs document system configurations, analyzes the operational effectiveness of architectures in supporting mission needs and to establish best practices and solutions; creates, tests and/or modifies computer system functions or programs, including prototypes as required to achieve desired functionality and performance optimization within a training environment. TIs tests and troubleshoots both hardware and software to ensure minimal downtime of systems through the use of capability documents and performance of operational readiness tests in preparation for training events; analyzes and documents flaws in system configuration and implements corrections. TIs assist in the conduct of Certification Programs designed to professionally develop peer TIs. TIs participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required to support customer requirements.
2. Communities of Practice:
TIs are assigned primary Duties and Responsibilities within a Functional Area of one of the Communities of Practice (CoP) listed below with mutual support requirements across all CoPs.
A. Individual Training (IT)
• Develops, organizes, and maintains an Operator Training focused Training Support Package (TSP) for their assigned system(s) of responsibility that encompasses new operator and sustainment training for basic operator, system integration, and senior leader. Utilizes official system Program / Product Manager’s training products, or in the absence of a designated Program / Product Manager, utilizes the commercial software/hardware developer’s technical and training material, as the basis of the TSP development and updates the TSP on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance of training material.
• Delivers operator level training within a classroom environment in accordance with established MTC TSPs. Monitors student enrollment and updates student attendance and academic reports. Prepares records of training activities, student rosters, participant progress, and program effectiveness. Submit reports in a timely manner to the Individual Training Branch Manager. Monitors student survey and demographic data for completeness and accuracy.
B. Collective Training: Mission Command (CT: MC)
• Develops Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for the employment of MC systems. Designs voice and data system architectures for unit staff / team collaboration and information sharing within Tactical Operations Centers (TOC), Command Post (CP) and War-fighter functional area cell systems / applications architectures based on user or system design specifications.
• Develops training environments that are unique to unit training requirements, completes setup and configuration of systems, conducts testing, troubleshooting and modification of systems as required. Delivers single and multi-echelon collective training in accordance with established MTC TSPs.
• Designs comprehensive operational procedures for an integrated federation of MC systems and simulation / stimulation systems. Configures system interface nodes, documents end to end connectivity and tactical message flow, maintains the real-time operational status; tests hardware architecture and software for the conduct of staff training employing numerous LVCG+MC capabilities as applicable.
C. Collective Training: Gaming / Simulations (CT: G&S)
o Develops and adapts training materials and documentation to support Gaming and Simulations capabilities.
o Develops training environments that are unique to unit training requirements, completes setup and configuration of systems, conducts testing, troubleshooting and modification of systems as required. Delivers single and multi-echelon collective training in accordance with established MTC TSPs.
3. Systems and Applications supported:
A. US Army Mission Command capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
• Air and Missile Defense Work Station (AMDWS)
• Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3)
• Command Post of the Future (CPOF)
• Force Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2) - Blue Force Tracker (BFT)
• Force Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2) – Joint Capabilities Release (JCR)
• Tactical Airspace Integration System (TAIS)
• Tactical Ground Reporting (TIGR)
• Tactical Mission Command servers (TMC)
B. Collaboration (voice and data) capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Voice communications
C. Gaming and Virtual training capabilities to include but not limited to Virtual Battle-space 3 (VBS3)
D. Constructive Simulations / Stimulations to include but not limited to:
• Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS)
• Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) Entity Resolution Federate (ERF)
• Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM)
• Joint Defense Logistics Model (JDLM)
• Virtual Reality Scene Generator (VRSG) / Multiple Unified Simulation Environment (MUSE)
• Fires Simulation (FireSim)
• After Action Review System (AARS)
• One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
• Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) Entity Resolution Federate (ERF)
• War Fighters Simulation (WARSIM)
• Live Virtual Constructive – Integrating Architecture (LVC-IA) components
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a Web Designer (Visual Designer) with strong User Interface/User Experience (UX) skills to join our team on an innovative software development program that supports the Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. This position is based in Washington DC. In this role, you will join an agile team in taking a software application from concept to completion applying the human-centered design process and integrating process.
GDIT is seeking a Senior Test Analyst to perform automated and manual testing as well as performing functional analysis of a newly developed system being prototyped for our customer. The Senior Test Analyst is responsible for reviewing the business requirements, system requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria, writing test cases, developing test data and automated test scripts, performing test execution as well as creating and maintaining all test related artifacts for the project.
GDIT is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team supporting the a team with a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customerin the Washington DC area.The Technical Writer will creates and manage technical copy for various operation and maintenance manuals and prepare related technical documentation.
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC’s for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
GDIT is seeking a Software Solutions Architect to join our team supporting a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. As a senior systems architect, you will provide technical leadership to drive the technical solution innovation and system utilization. This position begins with the Prototype for a single customer has the potential to grow into a high-visibility position will provide broad cross-domain and cross-disciplinary expertise in ensuring the organization is strategic in future enterprise application and system thought as well as applying best industry best practices in system planning, implementation and innovation. Primary duties include working with other business units to understand long-term system vision and creating the technical implementation strategy to ensure scalability and long-term organization growth. This person will also help clarify requirements, and proposing solutions that meet business milestones as well as a hand in directing the technical implementations. Finally, the Senior Systems Architect will jump in when necessary to help diagnose larger system issues and work with project managers to confidently complete projects on time. Projects may align to a formalized SDLC approach (Agile or waterfall - varies by project). Additional tasks may include helping to determine high-level and detailed estimates, creating technical workflow and other supporting documentation to help drive the implementation of large enterprise systems projects as well as helping to implement best practices around technical development and deployment.
GDIT is seeking a Software Business Analyst to join our team supporting a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. The Business Analyst will be required to meet with stakeholders to gather requirements as well as understand and apply the technologies that meet those requirements. As the liaison between the business and technical teams and translates both business and technical needs into requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria and provide additional analysis and test coverage as needed.
Serves as a Collective Training Planner for Sourced Units, for the United States Army Reserve Command’s (USARC) Collective Training Division of the G37. Responsible for coordinating and assisting units with developing pre-mobilization and pre-deployment training plans that adhere to established requirements. Coordinates with units both before and after Notification of Sourcing to ensure that training and exercise requirements and standards are understood. Provides expert-level analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design, exercise requirements or other efforts requiring military operations expertise. Provides input to staff on pre-deployment training management. Works and coordinates pre-deployment training and readiness matters with FORSCOM, First Army and USARC staff personnel assigned to mobilization operations. Analyzes apportioned and allocated unit readiness data to provide management on issues of manning or equipping and their impact on pre-deployment training. Manages and maintains allocated unit rosters; provides updates to training staff members on changes to deployment requirements; analyzes changes and/or problems with training plans and recommends solutions to management.
Conducts in-depth research on theater specific operations, lessons learned and newly developed tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used in the development of and management of the pre and post mobilization training plans. Works with allocated units on theater mission analysis, adjustment of their FSO METL or supporting tasks to match their future assigned mission and pre-deployment training execution. Maintains knowledge of unit training readiness and advises AR Staff on solutions to improve readiness posture.
Conducts liaison with Mobilization Training Center (MTC) staff; provides training updates and advises the USARC staff on MTC training matters and recommends solutions to issues.
Participates, as directed, in Notification of Sourcing (NOS), Joint Assessment and Initial Planning Conferences, Mid Planning Conferences to produce or validate training plans. Prepares briefings and other required materials as directed.
Knowledge includes an understanding of military training, doctrine, planning and, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and force structure in order to incorporate training units into exercises or Culminating Training Events (CTE). Serves as the technical adviser to the government in assigned subject areas, recommending changes and identifying areas for further investigation. Writes and updates documentation including presentations, operations orders and training plans.
Works in a highly intense information technology (IT) environment required to maximize the use of military systems, programs and databases of record, DAMPS, mission specific digital systems/tools, and other available IT assets in the conduct of mission support.
This job position is located in Bayview, Idaho and will require a SECRET security clearance to be obtained/maintained. The Network/Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and upgrading computer hardware and software that supports multiple test platforms.
The System Software Engineer candidate shall be qualified in the following three areas:
- Software Engineering
- Programming experience with at least two of the following: C, MATLAB, PERL, and Python.
- Practice software version control.
- Create and maintain software tools that control and/or monitor a diverse suite of remote hardware such as gyros, power distribution units, and cameras.
- Integrate software tools into a web interface so customers, technicians, and engineers can control and monitor processes remotely.
- Network Administration
- Maintain small (<20), isolated network of Linux workstations and servers.
- Be proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Apply updates, install security patches, and write custom scripts to meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain security accreditation of network; meet emerging security requirements handed down from Computer Security.
- Manage access controls and credential verification for team collaboration website.
- Plan and maintain an automatic and robust data backup of system network.
- Provide IT systems support including monitoring, configuring, backup and problem resolution for Linux based mass storage systems (NFS,SMB)
- Create and implement a plan to copy customer data from multiple sources, assuring all requested data is delivered.
- Resolve emergent network and computer issues.
- Data Acquisition
- Assist in data acquisition operations.
- Operate data acquisition system to acquire acoustic and structural data to meet data requirements of test plan.
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates Ship Board CANES (Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services) system.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Codes applications and tests to CANES software requirements.
4. Analyzes detail systems factors; including input and output requirements; information flow; hardware and software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
5. Writes or updates software specifications.
6. Records all inputs and outputs of systems; including file sizes; data bank requirements; variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency; volume; peaking; etc.
7. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
8. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
9. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Help Desk Technician – Service Desk Specialist (L2)
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
* This position is for 1st Shift - 6 AM - 2 PM *
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Service Desk Specialist:
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env:MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Certifications are subject to changed based on contratual requirements
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activi
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements
*This position is not for immediate hire. If you would like to be considered in the future for any upcoming positions, please feel free to submit your resume for future review!
GDIT is seeking a Senior Project Manager who manages a matrixed team of project staff that support critical internal (within the project team) and/or external (customer facing) projects. Work to support operational excellence and ensure high levels of system availability and efficiency by developing and maintaining ITIL-based processes using lean principals.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 10 employees both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management, coordination, communication, orchestration and supervision.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running project efforts from inception to completion.
- Supervise assigned staff including professional development and performance management.
- Meet with internal/external clients to ensure situational awareness, understanding of goals, tasks, and direction, and provide transparent communication of project execution.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of project deliverables.
- Leads activities including solution development, basis of estimate development, and document templates.
- Collaborates with DevOps team to represent User Stories and clarification of goals and features.
- Should also elicit formal requirements / user stories from the Application team and Business Owner in order to represent the product features back into the DevOps team.
- Supports project financial management services as needed by working with program financial analysts to ensure billing accuracy and profit enhancements.
- Monitors sub-contractor activities including subcontractor RFQs and deliverables.
- Track, record, and compile program performance data.
- Support and advance the organization’s mission.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides Incident Management subject matter expertise.
- Provides analytical and technical support to projects involving training, and operational documentation.
- Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational ticket data.
- Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
- Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.