Click column header to sort
Develop Software for Presentation Tier layer by programming, designing and testing code to meet requirements and maintain consistency across legacy and modernized application.
Works with Business Analysts to understand software requirements and translate into working software.
Practice good designing techniques and well known standards to reduce boilerplate code and software errors.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
GDIT is currently seeking a Contracts Administrator in Falls Church, VA to join our team. In this role you will be conducting negotiation and administration of contracts and/or subcontracts (sub to prime).
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers contracts and/or subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting and product delivery.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals including pricing and scheduling details and coordination of requirements.
- Ensures timely processing of contractual reports and deliverables.
- Generates reports on contract activity as required.
- Serves as a liaison with Government and commercial prime contractors regarding contracting issues.
- Maintains, updates and communicates bid and proposal information.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy.
- Initiates and maintains a network of communication with contracting specialists/officers
- Participates in special projects as required.
The Network Engineer provides support to all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as a part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS). Design, install and maintain the network system for multiple classifications and coordinate their use. Design, install, maintain, and troubleshoot Airborne Mission Network systems. Coordinate with other agencies on integration and configuration of disparate aircraft data system into the Airborne Mission Network Systems. Maintain and review system and security logs. Evaluate hardware and software and peripheral equipment for simple and complex networks. Monitor network performance. Troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Implements network policies, procedures and standards. Enforce security policies. Evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune and set standards. Work with other network professionals to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes. Train and mentor junior and subordinate Network staff on duties, technologies, processes and procedures.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Engineer, Networks –Networks Engineer (L3)
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Networks Engineer will:
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level Network architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Analyze Network requirements and leads network design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and Networks into ongoing operations
- Develop Network and network architecture and Network design documentation
- Guide Network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of Network engineering management plans and Network integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Networks Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Networks Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Coordinate and manage engineering projects
- Act as lead in defining and executing Networks engineering activities within a project. Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of Network development from analysis of mission needs to verification of Network performance
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects
- Review and/or approve Network engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet Network needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating Network integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: CCNA to start and CCNP within 180 days of your start date.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
A System Integrator performs systems administration activities to support the software developed within the Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS) rapid engineering section. This includes operation, maintenance and installation of software which provides situational awareness, datalink, operator interface, radio controller, and more. Qualified candidate will provide software maintenance in the form of inspections and tests of all network and user software for prototyping, development test (DT), operational test (OT), and fielding. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains installed aircraft systems with most current configuration; to include system/software upgrade and revision installations, replacements, and network assurance upgrades
- Responsible for duplicating and imaging media with required software
- Creates, maintains and tests component software loads, as required
- Maintains computers with current National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) map data and Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED)
- Defines and provides user training initial training and documentation for C2MS delivered capabilities, locally and/or deployed
- Manages the Developmental Test (DT) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) C2MS delivered capabilities prior to release
- Implements unique software applications (i.e. SAMS-ESA, Improved Many On Many (IMOM), Display of Correlated Threats (DisCorT), Tactical Radio Application Extension (TRAX), Tactical Receive Suite (TRS) Dashboard, 1553 Bus Services, etc.) as required
- Manages the research and testing of new equipment; assists Special Operations Forces (SOF) component representatives with recommendations, information, and /or analysis as required
- Prepares and delivers technical briefings for leadership on C2MS systems, software, and data, as required
- Conducts research and testing of new software/equipment and provides SOF and C2MS leadership and other component representatives with recommendations, information, and /or analysis as required
- Performs system and network administrator duties on aircraft systems configured in server controlled or client configurations.
- Assists C2MS site lead and component representative with advice and /or analysis as required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
- Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
- Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
- Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- May serve as a technical task or project leader.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and development and implementation of data, voice, and/or video communications networks as part of a Core Engineering Team. The candidate will work with project managers and customers to determine technical requirements and see those requirements through to completion.
- Install, configure and maintain crypto devices
- Responsible for the network design and determining the level of effort associated with the development of data, voice, and/or video, and/or communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Documents solutions in Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) and other various documents.
- Submits proposed designs to Engineering Review Board and responds to questions.
- Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
- May work odd hours to minimize customer impact.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours- 9-3:30; Location-Reston/Poss Move to Chantilly in Fall; Coordinator of courses; Provide course info. To customers; Respond to emails/data calls/mgmt. queries; Prepare course mat'l.; Coord. w/Instructors and equip. for classes; Arrange badges/accesses; Set up accts.; Update s/sheets w/metrics; Enter and edit course material;Update database; Manage classroom calendars.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for installation and documentation of new and/or updated Inside Plant cable infrastructure to include conduit, cable trays, copper, coax, fiber and all associated elements in the Pentagon, Mark Center, & buildings within the NCR supported by JSP. Must follow JSP and commercial best practice procedures, standards required for installation of cable racks, wiring of the racks and testing required during installation.
- Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications and network cabling infrastructure.
- Our Cable Technician is responsible for tasks assigned by Coordinators in connection with service orders and repair activities related to Category 6 cabling, Voice over IP networks (VOIP), and fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of TDM networks
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components, Ability to work with power tools and ladders
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with supervisors. Computer literate with basic Networking Skills
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice and data communications systems
- Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Tests, locates, installs, and repairs cabling infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information
- Verifies service by testing installed cabling; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Well versed in the use of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components including CAT6 and fiber optic cabling.
- Ability to work with power tools and ladders
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with supervisors
- Computer literate with basic Networking Skills
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.