Click column header to sort
The Information Assurance Analyst is responsible for developing analyzing network alerts from various sources to determine possible causes and mitigating risks to the network. Tracks and documents CND incidents from initial detection through final resolutuion. Perfoms CND assessmetns and coordinates with staff to resolve. Ensures that all applications are functional and secure and is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Responsible for implementation and execution of an organizational Network Defense strategy that is compliant with all local, state and federal guidelines for Information Systems and Security. Performs independent assessment of the information security posture of an organization using applicable tools. Assesses information network threats such as computer viruses and cyber threats. Manages the operation of vulnerability assessment equipment in support of penetration analyses.
**This position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position will perform a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer Directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic entry level administrative processes.
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files.
- Identify records via electronic/hardcopy resources to be processed, locate records on shelves and move boxes/containers of records to/from each DCC process step.
- Prepare all document pages for scanning by removing bindings such as staples, rubber bands and paperclips.
- Separate pages from all types of bindings - 3-ring binders, GBC-type bindings, softcover, hardcover bindings, etc. Operate a paper cutter when necessary to remove bindings.
- Insert a variety of bar-coded separator and tracking sheets into each batch of records to distinguish documents and folders during the digitization process.
- Perform quality control reviews by comparing the digitized document images with the original source material to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100%verification of each scanned page image to ascertain image quality. Images which fail the review will be identified and marked for rescanning.
Maintain, update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets.
- Record manually or via a barcode scanner pertinent data describing archived files received for processing, including but not limited to the date of receipt, number of physical items, name of receiver, process step and container barcode/tracking number.
- Perform document/folder metadata entry in IMSO electronic databases/hardcopy files which will support the archiving of files.
- Input job/box data to support the tracking of archived files while in the DCC workflow.
- Capture and record associated document-level metadata. Examples of document metadata include title/subject, publication date, document type, classification, etc. Personnel shall enter metadata into the project specific database for each document as required. The number of metadata elements required will vary according to record type.
This position may require standing for long periods of time.
Participates in special projects as required.
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Health Sector is currently looking for a Senior Human Research Protection Specialist to join our team to support our client Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ) in Falls Church,VA. The position will serve as research regulatory oversight subject matter experts (SMEs) supporting the Research Regulatory Oversight Office (R2O2) within the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Readiness Policy and Oversight (HPR&O).
- Provide comprehensive, timely, professional quality and fully documented reviews of research supported by the components of the USD P&R, including review and determinations for DoD intramural research and Human Research Protection Official Review for extramural research.
- Formulate and recommend potential solutions to complex problems that would help bring protocols in compliance with the various laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines governing human subjects research, including regulatory coordination (work with other regulatory offices to coordinate human subjects protection reviews) as required.
- Provide regulatory-based written -review of protocol life cycle actions following a R2O2-required format using standardized checklists. This may include, but not limited to, review of amendments/addenda, continuing review reports, reports of unanticipated problems and serious adverse events, reports of serious or continuing noncompliance, reports of research suspension/termination, protocol deviations, subject complaints, and final study reports and provide a professional quality written review.
- Support the government in conducting reviews of assurance requests, including reviews of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) records.
- Provide support for assurance and HRPP assessments designed to monitor compliance with human subjects protection regulations and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support with planning, formulation of agenda, and preparation of materials for use during the visit, to include any educational presentations.
- Participate in interviews with investigators, study staff, IRB staff, and institutional officials and conduct detailed policy and regulatory record reviews and assist with preparation of after-action reports.
- Support the government in the preparation and staffing of the assurance assessment correspondence and preparing the report findings.
- Support for the conduct of site visits to customer institutions to monitor compliance with approved protocols from institutions that fall under OUSD P&R oversight and assist government with investigating and resolving unanticipated problems and allegations of noncompliance. This includes preparing, planning, conducting, and reporting on compliance inspections of research for which the OUSD P&R has oversight. Also provide completed site visit/inspection checklists, written findings from site visit and compliance inspection activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the written report of each compliance inspection that includes written specific findings of the inspection. Suggest an action plan to address the deficiencies in the report and follows-up to ensure the deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner and travel to sites, as needed, to support federal personnel in compliance oversight of protocols.
- Actively manage and update organizational documentation and information management systems used to track information related to protocol review and assurance oversight, i.e. maintain documents according to document management plan and maintain and track effective dates of agreements and assurances under R2O2 oversight.
- Assess work products for accuracy, timeliness, and adherence to R2O2 requirements, automated data information system entries and use of the shared computer drive.
- Develop and coordinate organizational communications (website, information updates, newsletters, routine correspondence).
- Support the Quality Improvement initiatives of the R2O2.
- Support the government in the development and sustainment of SOPs for the R2O2 and work with components of the OUSD (P&R) to develop and maintain their forms and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with the USD P&R network of reviewers to address process issues; assist with regulatory interpretation; provide training as needed in new requirements, tools, forms, etc.; and provide other support as needed.
- Provide consultation to assist institutions that fall under OUSD P&R oversight to develop and update their human subjects protection policies, procedures, guidelines, templates, and review checklists to ensure regulatory compliance with current laws, regulations, and policies governing human subjects research.
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Conducts cyber security compliance assessments of existing and emerging technologies. Conducts field surveys, installs and operational support. Implements Risk Management Framework Security Controls. Performs procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Associated tasks include;
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs as a CECS Migration Planner overseeing worldwide engineering and installation projects. In charge of up to 15 projects per year. Associated tasks include:
1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks
2. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitors tasks to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program.
3. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
4. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
5. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements.
6. Performs business development activities.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Analyzes acquisition data (such as financial/budget information, congressional tracking, programmatic support, etc.) and makes recommendations for program improvements.
1. Applies knowledge of the defense acquisition process to support customers in the analysis and improvement of acquisition programs.
2. Assists government procurement agencies in defining proposals and qualifying vendors.
3. Devises strategies for developing and implementing new acquisition program initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of implementation.
4. Uses quantitative analytical techniques to assess system acquisition process issues and develop risk reduction/mitigation approaches for improving acquisition/program planning, control, and execution.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Resolution and tracking of incidents. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers and related equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot.
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.