Click column header to sort
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC’s for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
Applies basic welding processes to join; surface; fabricate; or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
1. Applies appropriate welding processes to join; surface; fabricate; or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
2. Works from blueprints; engineering sketches; charts or work orders.
3. Lays out and marks points on parts or sub-assemblies using rule; square; scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs; holding fixtures; guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
7. May serve as a team leader.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Work Hours 0800-1700
Provide support for chiefs of several departments. Provide general support to the office as needed - requires officer to manage and/prioritize the calendars/appointment to include scheduling meetings, conference rooms, and VTCs. thus, AA must work a standard 5 day, 8 hour work schedule. Responsible for printing materials for meetings and logging into computers for displaying PowerPoint slides during working group meetings. Submits requests for sponsor organization compound(s) access and vault access for all center members, visitors to working groups and meetings. Submits requests for new security accesses, passes and receives clearances and prepares access lists. Submits visitor and compound access requests and prepares access lists. See position description for additional info.
The AA will serve as a member of the Department EXO/ADMIN team, backing up each other and providing ad hoc support as needed. The AA should proactively engage with department staff to identify and solve problems.
The AA will work as part of the support team to document all administrative process within the component.
The AA will be responsible for maintaining an inventory of supplies, records, and receipts; arranges and/or advise of the need for the repair or purchase of office equipment.
The AA will process and assist others with processing of travel, training, and POV vouchers for managers and others in Branch as needed. This includes assisting with drafting and coordination of external communications, making hotel and plane reservations, processing requests for travel, reserves cars/drivers for manager meetings.
The AA should be comfortable using a variety of MS Office Products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint to produce materials for meetings, briefings, panels and all hands meetings.
Experience with government databases include Sponsor's Supply Ordering, Accountable property databases, reimbursement databases and user access tracking system.
Excellent skills in planning and organizing to systematically coordinate, track, and complete work flow in accordance with the unique guidelines and procedures of multiple agencies/organizational entities.
Microsoft Office Suite to include WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ complex questions/tasking's in a clear and concise manne
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the security of information/control system assets, and protect the data contained within or processed through, from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, Submits, and Validates Assess & Authorize (A&A) packages in accordance with DIACAP/RMF (DoDI 8510.01)
- Creates, Submits, and Validates Platform IT (PIT) Assess & Authorize (A&A) packages in accordance with NAVSEAINST 9400.2
- Maintains compliance with Federal, DoD and DoN Cybersecurity policies. Incumbent utilizes extensive knowledge of all areas of cybersecurity to establish operating standards and procedures for the Cybersecurity Program.
- Reviews risk analysis and accreditation documentation for timeliness, completeness and accuracy, and ensures that all necessary materials are submitted for review.
- Conducts threat and vulnerability analysis to assess and determine effective countermeasures or mitigations that minimize risks and ensure the IS is operational and secure.
- Is responsible for cybersecurity oversight & implementation for research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) land based test facility (LBTF) IT assets and represented ship platforms/systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for afloat and land-based environments.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of tactical/RDT&E networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments to determine compliance.
- Prepares computer incident reports, which include analysis methodology and results.
- Provide cybersecurity technical and administrative support for command assessments and inspections.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Provide cybersecurity engineering and maintenance in support of the installation and validation ship control systems, components, and methodologies.
Position Title: Sr Technician, Systems – Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician (L2)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician:
· Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services
· Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
· Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
· Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
· Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
· Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock
· Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
· Assist in repairing computers, printers, digital senders, etc.
· Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in information system troubleshooting and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software
- Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis providing guidance and procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, local procedures, etc. as required to ensure mission success
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env: MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel maybe required to support the customer mission
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Software Developer: * Provides development engineering and programming support to mission-supporting applications. * Designs and develops mission applications in a web environment. * Develops, creates and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. * Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. * Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. * May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. * May manage websites including design, development, deployment and maintenance activities, as well as performing testing and quality assurance of websites and web applications.
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
*This position is not for immediate hire. If you would like to be considered in the future for any upcoming positions, please feel free to submit your review for future review!
GDIT is seeking a Business Process Analyst who participates in and supports process improvement initiatives. Documents customer requirements and works through business process redesign. Assesses programs/projects to identify process concerns through process audits and observations. Provides operational assistance to address and resolve actions necessary for process compliance. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies and utilize quality tools to help drive continuous improvement.
- Knowledgeable of Business Process Redesign techniques.
- Metrics creation and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledgeable of applicable standards.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to create Visio (or other comparable tool) drawings for as it and to be processes.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of applicable technical concepts and practices.
- Experience with providing technical expertise within a specific subject matter area or discipline.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
- Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
- Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Analyzes assigned contracts' projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization.
- Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
- Participates in the preparation of cost proposals.
- Conducts audits and analysis of their organization's direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
- May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
There is postential for this opportunity to be fully remote.
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a Research Associate II to join our team to support the Naval Medical Research Unit at Ft. Sam Houston – San Antonio, Texas. NAMRU‐SA is a major research center conducting medical, craniofacial, directed energy and biomedical research, which focuses on ways to enhance the health, safety, performance, and operational readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel and addresses their emergent medical and oral/facial problems in routine and combat operations.
- Assists with administrative tasks, including preparation and revision of documents approved or to be approved by the Government to include: Statements of work, IACUC and IRB protocols, Research proposals, and Manuscripts, reports and presentations.
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of clinical research studies, including regulatory requirements, maintenance of study record and all activities associated with internal and external audits.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract.
- Maintains regulatory IACUC/IRB requirements
- Modifies and plans research experiment schedules, procedures, and tests.
- Ability to research and collect data through complex laboratory/scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures, library research, or through other means for research projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities include: Multi-Functional Simulations Analyst performing a variety of operational, analytical, planning and related tasks with duties concentrated in the areas of constructive and virtual training simulations support for combat, combat support training.
Primary system: Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC)/ Multi-Resolution Federations (MRF) simulation operator.
Configure, document, test, troubleshoot, create, and/ or modifies computer documentation related to Linux based simulation systems, to include MS Windows 10, MS Windows Servers, and Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation Server/Bridges for training exercises.
Responsible for applying system updates and quarterly patches/ IAVAs, analyzes, tests, and/or modifies computer systems, and software programs, in order to provide pertinent solutions to system users, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
Responsible for planning, development, and execution of simulation training activities to include scheduling, development of databases, exercise scenarios, workstation player/controller training, exercise execution and participation in After Action Reviews.
Implement the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP/Risk Management Framework-DIACAP/RMF), the standard process under which all Department of Defense (DoD) information Systems achieve and maintain their Authority To Operate (ATO).
Must be able to work with other members of the team and willing to cross train on like systems. Also must be able to work with other employees for the accurate portrayal of organizational and operational activities during all simulation exercises. Reviews and updates database requirements for accuracy, and compliance with applicable doctrine.
Participates in special projects as required.
Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and to perform shift work required.
Administers and coordinates the facility security activities for an office or group.
1. Administers and coordinates the DoD security program and other related security activities for a large office or group to ensure compliance with government regulations and company policies and procedures.
2. Provides guidance to managers and employees regarding security regulations and procedures.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of security procedures in coordination with government agencies and company management.
4. Conducts security briefings.
5. Develops and conducts security-related training programs.
6. Investigates security violations and recommends corrective actions.
7. Maintains liaison with outside agencies.
8. Assists employees in acquiring personal security clearance when required.
9. May enter security information into automated system and develop related reports as needed.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced security staff.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
*Active recruiting for candidates continues for this position as of the week of 3/11/2019*
We are seeking an individual with a broad base of experience in Information Technologies and Cybersecurity, and the desire and drive to make a difference. As a Computer Network Defense (CND) Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring an extensive array of networks to detect suspicious and malicious activity that could jeopardize the health of information systems. Our Analysts are responsible for reviewing logs from various security tools and network traffic analyzers. You must be able to research, compile information and prepare computer security incident reports based on events, incidents and intrusions that are detected. You will work closely with Incident Response Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers and System Administrators to ensure proper handling and mitigation of all activity detected.
- Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems using SEIM tools
- Creation of technical incident response reports based on intrusions and events
- Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
- Perform independent research and analysis of security threats
- Coordinate with other teams to analyze, investigate and remediate detected incidents
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
- Recommend modifications to security tools to better detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
- Knowledge of computer network defense and vulnerability assessment tools, including open source tools, and their capabilities
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture
- Skill in collecting data from a variety of computer network defense resources
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive and collaborative team
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, network layers, protocols, devices and multiple operating systems
- The ability to utilize critical thinking, to think outside of the box, and to communicate clearly while under pressure
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.