Click column header to sort
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
ONLY AVAILABLE TO INTERNAL APPLICANTS
Looking for internal applicants who currently hold a clearance and would like to have it upgraded to a TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the design and development of data communications networks. The successful candidate will have experience with core network infrastructure, distribution network infrastructure, network security, and business support networks for Service Provider level IT networks. The candidate will participate in the design, development, testing and deployment of network and end-to-end telecommunications systems. In addition, he/she will be part of a diverse team of technical and operational experts working to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer IT objectives.
1. Analyzes data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP.
4. Cyber experience with packet filtering and modification mechanisms.
5. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSec tunneling.
6. Familiarity with various network technologies including Virtual Private Networks (VPN), email systems, Video Teleconferencing (VTC) and VoIP.
7. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performance-tuning skills.
8. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
9. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
10. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
11. May perform network administration duties.
12. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
13. May serve as technical team or task leader.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is supporting the Army’s Regional Training Sites- Medical (RTS-MED). The sites provide training services to Army Reserve medical units, especially to Combat Support Hospitals, other Army component medical units, joint service medical units, and civil authorities (in their disaster assistance and response to weapons of mass destruction roles). A variety of training support is offered from refresher/sustainment training classes, to clinical hands-on training, and includes support to tactical field exercise training across several echelons and functions. These sites offer realistic training on several versions of medical simulators in state of the art facilities and complete tactical deployable medical systems (DEPMEDS). It’s as real as it gets!
We're currently seeking an Lab Instructor for our Camp Parks, CA location. This position plans, coordinates, and conducts training and related instructional programs for customer personnel; demonstrates subject matter expertise/mastery of the course content requirements; demonstrates expertise and proficiency in the methods and techniques for delivery of instruction; provides training and education (T&E) to prepare service members in area of expertise; instructs individuals/teams/units in establishment and reconstitution of DEPMEDs; ensures accountability and maintenance of assigned equipment; provides instruction as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for elementary and advanced examinations of biological and environmental specimens to aid in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and other medical disorders; provides instruction on elementary blood-banking and clinical laboratory procedures in hematology, immunohematology, biochemistry, serology, bacteriology, parasitology, and urinalysis.
- Conducts training sessions and may assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- May assist in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
- May update course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and development and implementation of data, voice, and/or video communications networks as part of a Core Engineering Team. The candidate will work with project managers and customers to determine technical requirements and see those requirements through to completion.
- Install, configure and maintain crypto devices
- Responsible for the network design and determining the level of effort associated with the development of data, voice, and/or video, and/or communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Documents solutions in Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) and other various documents.
- Submits proposed designs to Engineering Review Board and responds to questions.
- Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
- May work odd hours to minimize customer impact.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Our Cable Engineer Technician is responsible for installation and documentation of new and/or updated Inside Plant cable infrastructure to include conduit, cable trays, copper, coax, fiber and all associated elements in the Pentagon, Mark Center, & buildings within the NCR supported by JSP. Must follow JSP and commercial best practice procedures, standards required for installation of cable racks, wiring of the racks and testing required during installation.
- Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications and network cabling infrastructure.
- Responsible for tasks assigned by Coordinators in connection with service orders and repair activities related to Category 6 cabling, Voice over IP networks (VOIP), and fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of TDM networks
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components.
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice and data communications systems
- Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Tests, locates, installs, and repairs cabling infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information
- Verifies service by testing installed cabling; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Well versed in the use of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components including CAT6 and fiber optic cabling.
- Ability to work with power tools and ladders
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with supervisors
- Computer literate with basic Networking Skills
NOTE: This position is Contingent.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and development and implementation of data, voice, and/or video communications networks.
Provide 24/7 real-time monitoring of networks utilizing customer provided tools/capabilities and dashboards.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Utilize enterprise network monitoring tools and applications to provide situational awareness and facilitate response to real-time alerts for Service Restoral Team.
• Responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets within the Remedy ticket system.
• Notify customer when an alarm is detected, create ticket to assist Service Restoral to address/dispatch tech’s.
• Provide effective situational awareness of event resolution status.
• Submit and Track the process for Service Restoral team Change Request (CRQ’s) to conduct scheduled maintenance.
• Provides phone support.
• Submits proposed designs to Engineering Review Board and responds to questions.
• Assists authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
• May work odd hours to minimize customer impact.
• May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
• May perform network administration duties.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
** NOTE: This position is a Part-Time, Weekend Night Shift only. The Work Schedule is Friday 10pm-10am and Saturday 10pm-10am. **
- Fast pace environment involving the monitoring and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Familiar with troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook application and mail profiles
- Supports multiple domains
- Verification of successful nightly Microsoft Exchange backups
- Familiar with Microsoft Forefront Identity Management is a plus
- Performing service and replication checks across Enterprise domain controllers
- Sets up administrator and service accounts
- Maintains system documentation
- Ensure integrity of Microsoft Exchange server databases
- Performs mailbox restores
- Performs email message tracking
- Configures Site & Services
- Creates DNS records
- Maintain server certificate
- Familiar with Microsoft Lync
- Evaluate with ACAS & STIG scans
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Participates in special projects as required
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Construction Engineering Supervisor to support the ASG-KU Department of Public Work (DPW) within the Kuwait Area of Responsibility (AOR). This program performs construction management services including but not be limited to, observation, inspection and/or oversight of construction associated with the various DPW and ASG-KU projects.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies, documents, and evaluates clients' functional requirements.
4. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients.
5. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups.
6. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation and provides quality assurance and review of technical reports and documentation written by other engineers.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task lead.
9. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Sr Drafter / CAD Operator to support the ASG-KU Department of Public Work (DPW) within the Kuwait Area of Responsibility (AOR). This program performs construction management services including but not be limited to, observation, inspection and/or oversight of construction associated with the various DPW and ASG-KU projects.
Prepares and maintains blueprints, maps, charts, graphs, and other technical drawings.
1. Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical and electronic components, assemblies, and engineering change orders.
2. Prepares drawings from detailed notes and specifications.
3. May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
4. Verifies completed work and checks dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
5. May use a PC or CAD workstation.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced drafters, and may have limited supervisory responsibility.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant tools and equipment as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.