Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Construction Engineering Supervisor to support the ASG-KU Department of Public Work (DPW) within the Kuwait Area of Responsibility (AOR). This program performs construction management services including but not be limited to, observation, inspection and/or oversight of construction associated with the various DPW and ASG-KU projects.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies, documents, and evaluates clients' functional requirements.
4. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients.
5. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups.
6. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation and provides quality assurance and review of technical reports and documentation written by other engineers.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task lead.
9. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Sr Drafter / CAD Operator to support the ASG-KU Department of Public Work (DPW) within the Kuwait Area of Responsibility (AOR). This program performs construction management services including but not be limited to, observation, inspection and/or oversight of construction associated with the various DPW and ASG-KU projects.
Prepares and maintains blueprints, maps, charts, graphs, and other technical drawings.
1. Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical and electronic components, assemblies, and engineering change orders.
2. Prepares drawings from detailed notes and specifications.
3. May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
4. Verifies completed work and checks dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
5. May use a PC or CAD workstation.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced drafters, and may have limited supervisory responsibility.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant tools and equipment as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
The Project Manager will work within a collaborative team to define, design, and implement customer requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary point of contact and point of escalation for assigned project.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Responsible for scope, schedule and budget management.
- Maintain project documentation and ensure status, risks and issues are kept up to date for project.
- Proactively keep assigned government project manager informed.
- Provides input to and maintains the project scope, schedule, and budget for customer requirements
- Oversees all work and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure success of assigned tasks.
- May serve as technical lead for assigned tasks or customer portfolio.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned project staff.
- Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- May also perform high-level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison for project execution.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
NOTE: This position is Contingent.
Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests complex electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced team members.
10. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Read and understand wiring diagrams, wiring tables and schematics. Solder. Use test equipment, Voltmeters, Current meters, Ohmmeters, Oscilloscopes, power supplies, meggers, micro ohmmeters. Work on Electric motors, High and low voltage power distribution (AC and DC), Batteries (charging and replacing), Electric motor control systems. Make up cable assemblies.
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
Secret Clearance (TS/SCI Eligible)
Optimize the functionality and efficiency of a group of servers and computers performing on variety of operating systems (i.e. Linux, Windows, Unix).
The DCGS-A Integration Systems Administrator will be part of the IT engineering team responsible for the infrastructure supporting integration, testing, and cyber security of the DCGS-A family of products.
Generally speaking the Systems Administrator:
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers and servers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Specifically the Integration Team Systems Administrator will:
1. Work in a primarily Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 environment ensuring continuous access to capabilities for all supported users as well as maintain SQL database.
2. Directly support all basic user administration functions including client and end point device support.
3. Assist with a team in planning, designing, and deploying computer baseline settings using Army Golden Master (AGM) server 2012 R2 / Windows 7.
4. Support the Operating System (OS) provisioning / patching infrastructure (WDS, IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, ect.) as it applies to mandatory security updates to the enterprise in addition to offering recommendations for improving/enhancing the current software distribution processes and procedures.
5. Assist in maintaining hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, UCS blade storage, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking.
6. Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure.
7. Gain or improve working familiarity with other data center / enterprise technologies (VMware, Linux, etc.) and IA requirements (RMF, DICAP, ODAA) as needed.
Software Configuration Manager
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
General Dynamics is seeking an experienced and cleared configuation manager to manage software changes/products etc.
1. Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards.
2. Participates in establishing software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing, and maintenance.
3. Develops and implements software/systems testing standards and procedures and conducts tests.
4. Documents and analyzes test results, and makes recommendations to improve overall quality.
5. May be responsible for testing purchased third-party software and/or services to ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met.
6. Assists with project planning activities associated with software engineering projects.
7. May provide quality-related training.
8. Writes Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures.
9. Participates in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline.
10. Works on code management, audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software products.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Principal Export Control Analyst to:
- Assist NASA with assessing compliance with federal export-import laws and regulations and the associated NASA policies.
- Support development of policy and procedures to ensure technology transfer risks are properly managed across NASA.
- Process NASA export authorization requests received from Centers.
- Assist with making jurisdiction and classification determinations.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing advisory opinions and disclosures to regulators.
- Supervise GDIT Info/Functional Analysts assigned to the contract and assess their compliance with contractor procedures supporting the SOW, oversee procedure updates as required.
- In coordination with the GDIT project manager, establish and maintain a training plan for all positions on the contract.
- Serve as back-up to the GDIT program manager for the contract’s program management functions.
Information Security Analyst
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
The Information Security Analyst will perform on the DCGS-A Integration IT-Infrastructure Test Team that supports development, integration, test, and cyber security of the DCGS-A family of systems and products.
Specifically the Information Security Analyst will:
1. Create, track, develop, plan, write and edit complex operational, instructional, maintenance or manuals for various DCGS-A systems in order to meet program requirements for technical documentation and style and Cyber Security requirements.
2. Gather text and materials (such as engineering models, drawings, schematics, spreadsheets, etc.) by researching products and data, conducting in depth interviews with various users, technical staff and subject matter experts in order to analyze, interpret and convert the information into end-user military standard (MIL STD) documentation and reference materials.
3. Report project status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, and scheduling.
4. Identify security risk analysis, mitigation, evaluation, and reporting in support of IA C&A processes.
5. Develop and prepare technical reports and related documentation for Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages.
6. Provide detailed system test and scan reports as well as the Plan of Action and Methods (POA&M) document for all tested systems/networks.
Generally the Information Security Analyst may perform the following functions as well:
1. Attend to Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluates firewall change requests and assesses organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
PROGRAMMER / ANALYST
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
The Programmer/Analyst will support the DCGS-A Sustainment contract in the following manner:
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents mainframe-resident and client/server applications programs.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects or assignments as determined by program management.
Specifically the DCGS-A Fixed Programmer / Analyst will:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan the translation of software requirements into functioning code for DCGS-A Fixed systems by assessing and communicating recommendations and levels of effort and risk.
- Evaluate and recommend architectural approaches to the whole system, to include hardware platforms, operating systems, virtualization solutions, and communications and storage technologies on which to base future development and fielding cycles.
- Code individually and collaboratively in a team environment, adhering to team coding standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoot and provide resolution of problems reported against the DCGS-A system by testers and users.
- Test system and software performance throughout the entirety of the development cycle.
- Author reports, metrics, and other deliverables to meet customer requirements.
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced programmers.
- Provide software support to include remote and at-the desk installation, troubleshooting, and remediation of end-user software requests in a customer service oriented, team environment
- ~11,653 end-user workstations
- ~126 requests per month over 4 networks (NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, StoneGhost)
- ~917 software titles
- ~5-7 software packages per month for the application catalog
- Estimated work load:
- Lead installation, troubleshooting and demolition actions required by internal and external agencies and work with vendors/original manufacturers for additional support needed
- Monitor, open, assign, update and close tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlined at division level, to include weekly updates of trouble tickets
- Install desktop software
- Provide desktop support at the customer’s location as required, such as adding workstations to the domain, troubleshooting hardware issues, installing drivers; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets)
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II or Level III support is required.
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets
- Work with the NASIC SW License Manager to track all licensed SW
- Maintain software file share
- Package software for the NASIC Application Catalog for SIPRNET and JWICS
- Utilize the customer's trouble ticket tracking system (Microsoft System Center Service Manager) and the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Trouble Ticketing system (e.g. Remedy) to track all customer requests
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
- Write Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures.
- The selected candidate must be capable of participating in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline for each system.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.