Click column header to sort
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
The candidate will serve as a member of the Enterprise Service Desk providing support to the Army Research Laboratory. In addition, they will possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7/10 mixed environment. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, WIM, McAfee products, PKI, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software. Basic networking knowledge and static TCP/IP configurations is helpful. Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and ACD systems is a plus, but not mandatory. Experience with desktop virtualization using VMWare is a plus.
The candidate must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must!
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service; handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 3500
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits
- Configuring and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, lab equipment, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, email configuration, CAC setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Windows Imaging software
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco AnyConnect
- Assist in the tracking of various projects and assignments
- Updating work orders in ticketing system (Currently CA Service Desk), Excel spreadsheets, and various databases (data input)
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
- Candidate MUST be a US Citizen and possess a security clearance level ‘Secret’
- Candidate MUST possess a CompTIA Security + CE certification
- Must possess current Microsoft certification for Windows 7 (or higher), or obtain within first six months of employment
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for an IBM BigFix Patch Administrator to:
- Support Microsoft Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Provide expert level patch management and automation support.
- Perform as primary IBM Big Fix Systems Administrator in a large enterprise environment.
- Perform Patch management tasks to include: maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop, document, and automate technical processes and procedures as needed.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Hours: 8-4pm (core hours)
*Candidate is expected to work largely independently while relying on fellow AAs, and senior management for guidance *The candidate must be a self-starter and takes the initiative *Candidate will perform back-up duties for other offices within the work unit to ensure administrative coverage *Candidate should be able to perform basic IT skills, specifically updating and monitoring spreadsheets and other records in MS Office applications, to include Excel and Word *Candidate will assist in preparing books for interview panels by compiling and organizing the books as directed by department management *Candidate will maintain and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, and follow up on requirements bringing them to completion for the Chief and other staff in the office - will maintain calendars for 1-3 senior managers on a day to day basis - will need to deconflict meetings in coordination with staff *Candidate will arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, or otherwise support travel for the Chief and other staff within the department, including passports and visas *Candidate will be required to create and submit travel, training, and POV vouchers - travel will consist of multiple trips per month- TRAINING CAN BE PROVIDED IF NEEDED ON SPONSOR TRAVEL PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES *Candidate will be responsible for ordering supplies, maintain inventory, issue equipment, provide basic trouble-shooting and arrange for equipment repairs - will be responsible for ensuring office equipment/furniture is returned properly and determining if it is no longer needed *Candidate will serve as back-up timekeeper for the department, and may serve as a back-up to other departments, as well *Candidate will initiate and monitor check in/check out procedures for personnel, including submitting new user accounts and access requests on a weekly basis - will send status reports of the actions to management groups within the office *Candidate will be responsible for greeting and escorting visitors and guests along with coordinating VIP access parking *Candidate will serve as vault custodian, as well as opening/closing conference rooms daily *Candidate will be responsible for preparing the morning report based on established customer guidelines *Candidate will assist with planning, scheduling, organizing meetings, conferences and off-sites. *Candidate will be required to attend meetings, as well as taking notes
- Supports/Administers/Configures a network environment such as servers, routers, switches, circuits, firewalls, wireless, intrusion prevention devices,
- Able to implement/support/monitor/troubleshoot/rectify network issues on a physical and/ or virtual network a they
- Possesses an understanding on how to manage group policies, local security policies, and government standards for: Creating, modifying, and removing user accounts
- Manages the functionalities and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating
- Reports status and discrepancies as they are observed in system performance in a clear, concise and complete manner,
- Analyzes, interprets and refines IT related requests to assure understanding of assignment(s)
- Collaborates with the E2 team when additional information is needed to perform root cause analysis.
- Supports the E2 team with the validation and verification of new software builds during installs, assists with troubleshooting and documenting on the spot fixes to remedy issues post
- Using a solution-oriented approach, suggest and champion system enhancements and/or workarounds to the factory baseline to improve system reliability and
- Will be required to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid
- Performs daily system monitoring to maintain a high state of
- Write and/or review system Operational Procedures and system documentation. Change to Support the review and updating of Program operational procedures, as required
- Participates in special projects as required.
The Security Training Specialist tasks include:
- Provide a thorough analysis and research and provide recommendations to the scope and content of security related training;
- Design appropriate instructional solutions in order to solve a problem or fulfill a need identified during analysis, and convey this information in the form of a Course Design Document for review and approval by Government;
- Develop and provide Instructor and Participant Guides and Implementation Plans based on the Government approved Course Design Document;
- Develop and deliver training based on the Government approved Implementation Plans, e.g. web based, instructor lead, or handouts/brochures;
- Deliver the training specified in each Implementation Plan within the agreed upon timelines;
- Define, prepare, document and distribute training course materials as required to support all phases of the training product life-cycle as approved by Government;
- Draw on the expertise and abilities of various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other functional specialists throughout the training product development and delivery stages;
- Solicit and analyze course evaluations to provide written feedback and recommendations for course improvements for review and approval by Government;
- Annually review and update existing CLB sponsored training to ensure timely and accurate content as approved by the Government;
- Perform quality and assurance review for all training efforts under this contract;
- Assist with responses to TIER action items related to security training initiatives.
GDIT duties include:
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Mission Software Developer joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, VA.
- Development and integration of plug-ins for popular frameworks,
- Testing the site/page for every conceivable error and get feedback from the client,
- Locate errors and debug them, and
- Upon Approval implement the webpage.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 15 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Expert knowledge of PHP, MySQL, CSS.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively prosecute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
As a Customer Services and Information Technology Officer (CSITO) directly supporting the customer, you will be trusted to provide both critical technical support in addressing complicated IT-related issues and delivering exceptional customer service. In this role a typical day will include:
• Working as part of a motivated, high-performing team
• Resolving critical IT-related issues that negatively impact the customer’s mission
• Collaborating with teammates and government customers to identify process improvements
• Lending expertise and institutional knowledge to less experienced CSITO’s to improve the overall technical excellence of the team
• Manage personal metrics, alignment to KPI’s, and the office’s ticket queue
Hours: 6am - 6pm shift 1st week work Monday,Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 2nd week work Sunday Wednesday and Thursday.
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women the solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges.
We are looking for a Telephone Technician that will perform installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems. The position is located in Doha, Qatar. Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Serves as a fluent Farsi social media specialist supporting a web-based social media program at MacDill AFB. Develops and maintains expertise with designated regional issues and draws upon publicly available online information resources. Reads, analyzes, and drafts communications regarding regional and ideological discussions in specified foreign language media environments. Examines current media statements or postings to support trend analysis and identifies key communicators. Demonstrates reading and writing expertise in the assigned language and incorporates custom social media solutions to comprehend online environments and communicate trends effectively. Assists with operations planning. Demonstrates knowledge of online social media and different technologies, and documents activities, notes, informative papers, or whitepapers written in English. Some travel may be required. Ability to work nonstandard hours and in on-call status for periods of time may be required.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients' functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Develops research & development plans.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task lead.
8. Makes changes to methods, design or equipment where necessary.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.