Click column header to sort
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Conducts cyber security compliance assessments of existing and emerging technologies. Conducts field surveys, installs and operational support. Implements Risk Management Framework Security Controls. Performs procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Associated tasks include;
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Resolution and tracking of incidents. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers and related equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot.
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
$2000 Employee Referral Bonus
SATCOM TECHNICIAN III
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
CAPACITY ANALYST / DATA CENTER ENGINEER
SHAW AFB, SOUTH CAROLINA
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Individual chosen for this role will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Test designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participate in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Salesforce Environment Manager to:
Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management
Manage source code for branch and merge strategy
Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
Positions availble in:
- St. Louis, MO
- San Mateo, CA
- Washington, DC
- Eagan, MN
- Topeka, KS
- Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Raleigh, NC
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Sr. ASP.NET Developer to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment
- Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems
- Supports stakeholder and product owner meetings to help define and validate software requirements
- Supports the Project Manager as a technical team lead on specified projects
- Identifies gaps in requirements and helps solve problems for the supporting staff
- Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project
- Oversees application development and reports progress
- Maintains legacy applications
- Collaborates with DBAs, SAs, and BAs to design solutions
- Develops design artifacts
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of software products and performs software maintenance
- Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability
- Provides recommendations to infuse new technology
- Serves as a subject matter expert for specified systems and their subsequent applications
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hrs 8-4:30. Admin duties including Calendars, Correspondence, access requests, editing briefing packages, Webmaster services and updates, travel, training and vouchers. Proficient with Microsoft and Agency systems and procedures.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.