Click column header to sort
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Plans, prepares and delivers Mission Command training. Regularly contributes analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation requiring expertise in the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsible for monitoring ongoing training and modifying scenarios in real time as needed to insure the training objectives are achieved. Conducts post-training analysis to measure the effectiveness of the training, and where appropriate, recommends changes to specific scenarios to better represent the in-theater experience. The TIs Primary duties consist of performing non-manual work directly related to the general business operations of the MTC Director as detailed in the statement of work (SOW) and the MTC Director’s customers, military units. Performance of these duties requires TIs to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance within the framework of the approved Event Life Cycle Management (ELM) process. The TI’s primary duties require advanced knowledge and independent decision-making. A TI’s work is redominantly intellectual in character and requires the employee to consistently exercise discretion and judgment. While testing and troubleshooting in the tradition sense are a minor part of the job duties. Maintaining technical proficiency is a significant part of the duties and is implicit in the TI certification & training event support process. Technical proficiency here transcends one system to a "system of systems" (SOS) (specifically US Army Mission Command capabilities), systems integration environment, the management of training products, and training US Army Battalion & Brigade Battle Staffs in the utilization of SOS and SOS products. TIs integrate requisite Live, Virtual, Constructive, Gaming and Mission Command (LVCG+MC) within training environments that include classrooms for individual training and venues for collective training of small to large groups. TIs train military users; develops training methods and materials such as curriculum, lectures, and computer-based training aids based on consultation with client / user specifications. Consults with users to design, create, and configure systems to meet their training requirements. TIs are responsible for maintaining technical and tactical proficiency with the software and training support package (TSP) products for multiple LVCG+MC capabilities.
TIs document system configurations, analyzes the operational effectiveness of architectures in supporting mission needs and to establish best practices and solutions; creates, tests and/or modifies computer system functions or programs, including prototypes as required to achieve desired functionality and performance optimization within a training environment. TIs tests and troubleshoots both hardware and software to ensure minimal downtime of systems through the use of capability documents and performance of operational readiness tests in preparation for training events; analyzes and documents flaws in system configuration and implements corrections. TIs assist in the conduct of Certification Programs designed to professionally develop peer TIs. TIs participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required to support customer requirements.
2. Communities of Practice:
TIs are assigned primary Duties and Responsibilities within a Functional Area of one of the Communities of Practice (CoP) listed below with mutual support requirements across all CoPs.
A. Individual Training (IT)
• Develops, organizes, and maintains an Operator Training focused Training Support Package (TSP) for their assigned system(s) of responsibility that encompasses new operator and sustainment training for basic operator, system integration, and senior leader. Utilizes official system Program / Product Manager’s training products, or in the absence of a designated Program / Product Manager, utilizes the commercial software/hardware developer’s technical and training material, as the basis of the TSP development and updates the TSP on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance of training material.
• Delivers operator level training within a classroom environment in accordance with established MTC TSPs. Monitors student enrollment and updates student attendance and academic reports. Prepares records of training activities, student rosters, participant progress, and program effectiveness. Submit reports in a timely manner to the Individual Training Branch Manager. Monitors student survey and demographic data for completeness and accuracy.
B. Collective Training: Mission Command (CT: MC)
• Develops Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for the employment of MC systems. Designs voice and data system architectures for unit staff / team collaboration and information sharing within Tactical Operations Centers (TOC), Command Post (CP) and War-fighter functional area cell systems / applications architectures based on user or system design specifications.
• Develops training environments that are unique to unit training requirements, completes setup and configuration of systems, conducts testing, troubleshooting and modification of systems as required. Delivers single and multi-echelon collective training in accordance with established MTC TSPs.
• Designs comprehensive operational procedures for an integrated federation of MC systems and simulation / stimulation systems. Configures system interface nodes, documents end to end connectivity and tactical message flow, maintains the real-time operational status; tests hardware architecture and software for the conduct of staff training employing numerous LVCG+MC capabilities as applicable.
C. Collective Training: Gaming / Simulations (CT: G&S)
o Develops and adapts training materials and documentation to support Gaming and Simulations capabilities.
o Develops training environments that are unique to unit training requirements, completes setup and configuration of systems, conducts testing, troubleshooting and modification of systems as required. Delivers single and multi-echelon collective training in accordance with established MTC TSPs.
3. Systems and Applications supported:
A. US Army Mission Command capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
• Air and Missile Defense Work Station (AMDWS)
• Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3)
• Command Post of the Future (CPOF)
• Force Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2) - Blue Force Tracker (BFT)
• Force Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2) – Joint Capabilities Release (JCR)
• Tactical Airspace Integration System (TAIS)
• Tactical Ground Reporting (TIGR)
• Tactical Mission Command servers (TMC)
B. Collaboration (voice and data) capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Voice communications
C. Gaming and Virtual training capabilities to include but not limited to Virtual Battle-space 3 (VBS3)
D. Constructive Simulations / Stimulations to include but not limited to:
• Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS)
• Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) Entity Resolution Federate (ERF)
• Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM)
• Joint Defense Logistics Model (JDLM)
• Virtual Reality Scene Generator (VRSG) / Multiple Unified Simulation Environment (MUSE)
• Fires Simulation (FireSim)
• After Action Review System (AARS)
• One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
• Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) Entity Resolution Federate (ERF)
• War Fighters Simulation (WARSIM)
• Live Virtual Constructive – Integrating Architecture (LVC-IA) components
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a Web Designer (Visual Designer) with strong User Interface/User Experience (UX) skills to join our team on an innovative software development program that supports the Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. This position is based in Washington DC. In this role, you will join an agile team in taking a software application from concept to completion applying the human-centered design process and integrating process.
GDIT is seeking a Senior Test Analyst to perform automated and manual testing as well as performing functional analysis of a newly developed system being prototyped for our customer. The Senior Test Analyst is responsible for reviewing the business requirements, system requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria, writing test cases, developing test data and automated test scripts, performing test execution as well as creating and maintaining all test related artifacts for the project.
GDIT is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team supporting the a team with a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customerin the Washington DC area.The Technical Writer will creates and manage technical copy for various operation and maintenance manuals and prepare related technical documentation.
GDIT is seeking a Software Solutions Architect to join our team supporting a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. As a senior systems architect, you will provide technical leadership to drive the technical solution innovation and system utilization. This position begins with the Prototype for a single customer has the potential to grow into a high-visibility position will provide broad cross-domain and cross-disciplinary expertise in ensuring the organization is strategic in future enterprise application and system thought as well as applying best industry best practices in system planning, implementation and innovation. Primary duties include working with other business units to understand long-term system vision and creating the technical implementation strategy to ensure scalability and long-term organization growth. This person will also help clarify requirements, and proposing solutions that meet business milestones as well as a hand in directing the technical implementations. Finally, the Senior Systems Architect will jump in when necessary to help diagnose larger system issues and work with project managers to confidently complete projects on time. Projects may align to a formalized SDLC approach (Agile or waterfall - varies by project). Additional tasks may include helping to determine high-level and detailed estimates, creating technical workflow and other supporting documentation to help drive the implementation of large enterprise systems projects as well as helping to implement best practices around technical development and deployment.
GDIT is seeking a Software Business Analyst to join our team supporting a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. The Business Analyst will be required to meet with stakeholders to gather requirements as well as understand and apply the technologies that meet those requirements. As the liaison between the business and technical teams and translates both business and technical needs into requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria and provide additional analysis and test coverage as needed.
Serves as a Collective Training Planner for Sourced Units, for the United States Army Reserve Command’s (USARC) Collective Training Division of the G37. Responsible for coordinating and assisting units with developing pre-mobilization and pre-deployment training plans that adhere to established requirements. Coordinates with units both before and after Notification of Sourcing to ensure that training and exercise requirements and standards are understood. Provides expert-level analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design, exercise requirements or other efforts requiring military operations expertise. Provides input to staff on pre-deployment training management. Works and coordinates pre-deployment training and readiness matters with FORSCOM, First Army and USARC staff personnel assigned to mobilization operations. Analyzes apportioned and allocated unit readiness data to provide management on issues of manning or equipping and their impact on pre-deployment training. Manages and maintains allocated unit rosters; provides updates to training staff members on changes to deployment requirements; analyzes changes and/or problems with training plans and recommends solutions to management.
Conducts in-depth research on theater specific operations, lessons learned and newly developed tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used in the development of and management of the pre and post mobilization training plans. Works with allocated units on theater mission analysis, adjustment of their FSO METL or supporting tasks to match their future assigned mission and pre-deployment training execution. Maintains knowledge of unit training readiness and advises AR Staff on solutions to improve readiness posture.
Conducts liaison with Mobilization Training Center (MTC) staff; provides training updates and advises the USARC staff on MTC training matters and recommends solutions to issues.
Participates, as directed, in Notification of Sourcing (NOS), Joint Assessment and Initial Planning Conferences, Mid Planning Conferences to produce or validate training plans. Prepares briefings and other required materials as directed.
Knowledge includes an understanding of military training, doctrine, planning and, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and force structure in order to incorporate training units into exercises or Culminating Training Events (CTE). Serves as the technical adviser to the government in assigned subject areas, recommending changes and identifying areas for further investigation. Writes and updates documentation including presentations, operations orders and training plans.
Works in a highly intense information technology (IT) environment required to maximize the use of military systems, programs and databases of record, DAMPS, mission specific digital systems/tools, and other available IT assets in the conduct of mission support.
This job position is located in Bayview, Idaho and will require a SECRET security clearance to be obtained/maintained. The Network/Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and upgrading computer hardware and software that supports multiple test platforms.
The System Software Engineer candidate shall be qualified in the following three areas:
- Software Engineering
- Programming experience with at least two of the following: C, MATLAB, PERL, and Python.
- Practice software version control.
- Create and maintain software tools that control and/or monitor a diverse suite of remote hardware such as gyros, power distribution units, and cameras.
- Integrate software tools into a web interface so customers, technicians, and engineers can control and monitor processes remotely.
- Network Administration
- Maintain small (<20), isolated network of Linux workstations and servers.
- Be proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Apply updates, install security patches, and write custom scripts to meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain security accreditation of network; meet emerging security requirements handed down from Computer Security.
- Manage access controls and credential verification for team collaboration website.
- Plan and maintain an automatic and robust data backup of system network.
- Provide IT systems support including monitoring, configuring, backup and problem resolution for Linux based mass storage systems (NFS,SMB)
- Create and implement a plan to copy customer data from multiple sources, assuring all requested data is delivered.
- Resolve emergent network and computer issues.
- Data Acquisition
- Assist in data acquisition operations.
- Operate data acquisition system to acquire acoustic and structural data to meet data requirements of test plan.
*This position is not for immediate hire. If you would like to be considered in the future for any upcoming positions, please feel free to submit your resume for future review!
GDIT is seeking a Senior Project Manager who manages a matrixed team of project staff that support critical internal (within the project team) and/or external (customer facing) projects. Work to support operational excellence and ensure high levels of system availability and efficiency by developing and maintaining ITIL-based processes using lean principals.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 10 employees both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management, coordination, communication, orchestration and supervision.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running project efforts from inception to completion.
- Supervise assigned staff including professional development and performance management.
- Meet with internal/external clients to ensure situational awareness, understanding of goals, tasks, and direction, and provide transparent communication of project execution.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of project deliverables.
- Leads activities including solution development, basis of estimate development, and document templates.
- Collaborates with DevOps team to represent User Stories and clarification of goals and features.
- Should also elicit formal requirements / user stories from the Application team and Business Owner in order to represent the product features back into the DevOps team.
- Supports project financial management services as needed by working with program financial analysts to ensure billing accuracy and profit enhancements.
- Monitors sub-contractor activities including subcontractor RFQs and deliverables.
- Track, record, and compile program performance data.
- Support and advance the organization’s mission.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment, both garrison and deployed, for all levels of security classification. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Maintain Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
We are seeking a Linux engineer with several years’ experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Candidate will be responsible for application integration, provisioning, patching, maintaining, and troubleshooting RHEL systems. Work environments include Red Hat Satellite, Puppet, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenDesktop, and Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS), so experience with these products is a plus. Job duties include:
- Plans upgrades of applications and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure solutions meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
· Support the NASIC Cybersecurity team, facilitating the A&A of national security systems within NASIC in accordance with Intelligence Community Directive 503, National Institute of Standards and Technologies 800-Series Publications, Committee on National Security Systems Instructions, and the Risk Management Framework.
· Oversight and support for an estimated 65 operational system packages
· Support NASIC Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) and Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), assisting in the development, documentation, and communication of local Cybersecurity policy, processes, and procedures.
· Present local training for ISSMs, ISSOs, System Administrators, and Program Managers detailing their role and responsibilities related to Cybersecurity processes.
· Aid in the tracking and reporting of system authorization project status for systems within the Center.
· Document, track, and report on unmitigated vulnerabilities, exceptions to policy, and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms).
· Produce, request, and gather required information for system authorization packages, track system packages progress within Xacta, update system status within branch internal database.
· Track significant events, as required, such as Service Requests, Incident Reports, and open CSRDs. Maintain a Help Desk for cybersecurity-related trouble tickets.
· Prepare documents required for: Interim Authority to Test/Authorization to Operate (IATT/ATO) approvals, Security Impact Analysis (SIA) and required artifacts, Plans of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms), A&A package artifacts, and training material for ISSMs, ISSOs, system administrators, and PMs.
· Work with Cybersecurity staff members to conduct Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities
· Follow all approved IC directives and standards in addition to NASIC policies, processes, and procedures
· Develop and maintain security documentation, procedures, and plans
· Identify applicable DISA STIGs, and track and report compliance
· Ensure configuration management, evaluate and acquire approval for changes to authorized systems
· Track and maintain system status related to authorization efforts and provide updates
· Define and track completion of Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms)
· Maintain Body of Evidence (BoE) to support system ATO and Continuous Monitoring
· Assist with system assessments and inspections
· Support auditing, malware detection, and vulnerability scanning of systems
· Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month. Report shall include system and PoA&M status (if applicable) and trend data.
FOB Union III, Iraq
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Effective management skills.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.