Click column header to sort
Provide technical support for the following equipment: GCCS-M.
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs research, analysis, development, and evaluation of systems, procedures, and data related to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Measure & Instrument Development and Support (MIDS) contract. CMS is the federal agency tasked with overseeing a variety of health care programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. It strives to ensure that the American public receives the highest quality of care, consisting of personalized, prevention-oriented, and patient-centered care, based on evidence about the benefits and costs applicable to each individual patient. MIDS is the mechanism to develop, implement and align measures that fill critical gaps for quality priorities. These include measures relating to clinical quality of care, care coordination, population/community health, safety, person and caregiver-centered experience, outcomes, efficiency and cost reduction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead discussions with customer and stakeholders; facilitate Technical Expert Panels (TEP); advise on information gathering and TEP planning
- Provide clinical direction, expert guidance, and subject matter expertise on quality measure development and reevaluation
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
- Performs complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
- Conducts complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
- Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures.
- Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
- Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- **USNavy HM&E and/or combat systems experience, highly desired.
***International Travel is required up to 50% of the time and up to 6 weeks at a time***
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Demonstrated experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
3. Hands-on equipment and configuration and customer interface.
4. Signals and data processing experience.
5. Circuit board rebuild and soldering experience.
6. Strong understanding of general debugging and problem solving skills.
7. Low and medium volt work experience.
8. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
9. Identifies, documents, and evaluates clients' functional requirements.
10. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients.
11. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups.
12. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation and provides quality assurance and review of technical reports and documentation written by other engineers.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Serves as technical team or task lead.
15. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools to become a great cyber analyst? We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats.
Join a team that leads in cyber with the top technical cyber talent, range of customer experience, and emerging technology to address tomorrow’s cyber threats. Our service model approach to secure, operate, and defend is predicated on ensuring the skill-set of our staff remains on the cutting edge of technology with virtual training platforms, vendor-specialized training, and Industry conference participation.
Functional duties consist of:
- Performing Enterprise Defense Countermeasure (DC) activities and coordination with other government agencies to record and prepare incident reports and analysis methodology and results.
- Monitoring and analyzing signature alerts from Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) for false positives.
- Providing technical enforcement of organizational security policies.
- Providing “tune-or-drop” recommendations towards the DC team’s Signature Lifecycle Review procedure.
- Provide insight to Detection and Response teams on signature functionality and providing signature tuning as needed.
- Performing periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, applications access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
- Communicating with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
Position may require evening, weekend or shift-work (depending on operational tempo).
Job Responsibilities Performs all procedures necessary to assist with a RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A).
- Assist with preparation of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation packages
- Proper execution of the appropriate verification methods for requirements/controls
- Proper execution of security tools and test methods identified (DISA SCAP; SRR)
- Performs personnel interviews during assessments.
- Review proper analysis of testing results
- Review documentation as applicable to controls
- Have experience with the operation of eMASS
- Ability to provide an independent assessment. Ensure security controls are implemented correctly; operating as intended; and are producing the desired outcome.
- This position requires interaction with customers at CONUS military installations and contractor facilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Develops and implements system improvements, processes, and procedures and training necessary to manage and protect government and corporate property investments; supervises assigned staff.
1. Manages the company's Property Management function, providing supervision to assigned staff.
2. Ensures that a government approved property management system is established and maintained.
3. Verifies the integrity of government and corporate property accountability systems to manage the risk associated with loss, damage, and destruction of property.
4. Ensures property transactions are properly authorized.
5. Provides guidance and training to assigned staff and other corporate personnel on matters relating to property management.
6. Ensures timely receipt, acquisition, identification, documentation, maintenance, inventory, movement, and storage of property.
7. Ensures proper disposition of obsolete and excess assets.
8. Oversees the taking of physical inventories, and provides a quarterly inventory report.
9. Ensures that periodic reviews are completed to verify that appropriate custodial organizations properly maintain and use property, and that records are properly maintained.
10. Completes necessary reporting documents for government property, including property tax submissions, and maintaining an audit trail for all property transactions.
11. Initiates procurement of supplies and custom items through customer procurement mechanisms.
12. Properly handle the receipt of disposal of HAZMAT and hazardous waste according to EPA regulations.
13. Ensures successful passing of government property audits.
14. Ensures that a cost effective system for reutilization of property is in place.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
The successful candidate will develop unique and security customer information systems that communicate between world-wide sites with operational stability, integrity, security, and efficiency. The candidate must have experience designing adn managing secure information systems and performing engineering level analysis of operational systems.
He or she will support the requirements, design and development, functional testing, and deployment of specialized applications for secure end-to-end telecommunication systems. Capable of developing custom scripts using Linux Shells, Python, PERL, and/or C++ for managing server logs, traffic routing controls, backing up systems, and monitoring server health. This individual will be responsible for developing custom communications between laptops/workstations and routers/switches/firewalls which are operationally focused to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer mission objectives. There are minimal (1 to 2 annual) requirements to travel CONUS/OCONUS. Understanding and developing O&M requirements into new systems to allow for maintaining custom system(s) with current security patches and up-to-date operating systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Designing and developing customer systems to meet cyber security requirements on various platforms to include : Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, and/or RHEL, Python scripting, Linux kernel development especially in networking and packet filtering, user account management, managing Linux images, and networking with Windows.
3. Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
4. Demonstrated experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software mangagement best practices.
5. Strong understanding of firewalls and server configurations to minimize exposure to any vulnerabilities and block known bad IP addresses, ports, host names, adn files.
6. Understanding user accounts and data access controls with Active Directory Services.
7. Established LDAP for managing user credentials and groups, and integrated applications on standalone systems.
8. Experience with anti-virus scanning and updates.
9. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP.
10. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSec tunneling from Linux servers to other networking devices.
11. Encrypting all transmissions with SSL and VPN protocols.
12. Ability to set-up/configure servers with HTTPS certificates for secure websites.
13. Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
14. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performace tuning skills.
15. Ability to follow good engineering and programming practices.
16. Ability to communicate effectively with peers and support staff to highlight and clarify software and system design elements.
17. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
18. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
19. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
20. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
21. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
22. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
23. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
24. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
25. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
26. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
27. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
28. Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, monitors and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data.
1. Provides analysis and research for national security, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability.
2. Prepares assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information.
3. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success.
4. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
7. Participates in special projects as required
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.