Click column header to sort
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Responsible for designing and implementing software systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications. Has deep understanding of web and software applications. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This REQ is currently not yet funded.
Responsible for planning and arranging the labor, schedules, equipment and diagnostics required for testing and evaluating both standard and special software services. Specifies tests to be performed and provides test area with parameters for sample testing. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment and diagnostics, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Designs and develops tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems and documents findings of tests.
- Defines testing processes and ensures tests adhere to established standards.
- May participate in quality assurance plan development.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced test engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This REQ is currently not yet funded.
GDIT is seeking an experienced Human Subjects Protection Scientist (Initial Reviewer) in support of the Office of Research Protection, based in Fort Detrick, MD.
The Human Subjects Protection Scientist will:
-provide real-time oversight of USAMRMC-supported research protocols through timely documented initial reviews and/or reviews of protocol lifecycle actions to assure ongoing compliance with all applicable Federal, DoD, DA, state, host nation, and USAMRMC human subjects protection regulatory requirements.
-provides regulatory-based written initial reviews or review of protocol life cycle actions using standardized checklists.
-delineates deficiencies and areas of noncompliance and makes recommendations to the HRPO federal AAs regarding regulatory and ethical issues in HRPO submissions.
-provide a comprehensive review and evaluation of protocol amendments/addenda, continuing review reports, reports of unanticipated problems and serious adverse event, reports of serious or continuing noncompliance, reports of research suspension/termination, protocol deviations, subject complaints, and final study reports and provide a professional quality written review, as required.
-provide accurate information, assistance, and documents to customers and HRPO federal personnel when requested with appropriate professionalism in a timely manner. This will require active management and updating the protocol files and the information management systems used to track information related to protocol review.
-support the HRPO federal personnel in the conduct of noncompliance investigations and compliance inspections of extramural protocols. The contractor shall provide regulatory-based written review of HRPO reportable events. Support includes preparing, planning, conducting, and reporting on compliance inspections of research for which HRPO has oversight.
-assist in the preparation of the written report of each compliance inspection that includes, but is not limited to, written specific findings of the inspection and recommendations that would enable the institution to bring the research into compliance.
-provide support for staff assistance visits and HRPP assessments designed to monitor compliance with human subjects protection regulations and make recommendations for improvement. This includes assisting with planning, formulation of agenda and preparation of materials for use during the visit, to include any educational presentations.
-prepare staff assistance visit materials (e.g. agenda, checklists, presentation).
-participate in interviews with investigators, study staff, IRB staff, institutional officials, and research participants, and conduct detailed policy and regulatory record reviews, complete staff assistance checklists, and assist with preparation of after-action reports.
-travel to sites, as needed, to support HRPO federal personnel to provide compliance oversight to USAMRMC-supported research studies.
-provide support for the HRPO transition from paper to electronic review processes, including implementation and training on electronic review processes.
-assist the Government to develop policies, procedures, guidelines, and other materials to ensure compliance with current regulations and to update investigators, research managers and administrators, and administrative staff on human subjects protection and regulatory compliance policies and procedures as they apply to research supported by the USAMRMC.
-assist in the development of local procedures and guidance for the HRPO and the USAMRMC in the area of human subjects protection.
-support the development and implementation of effective mechanisms to communicate and interpret these regulations, policies, and guidelines.
-assist in development and implementation of internal HRPO operating procedures and review guidelines as requested.
-foster regulatory compliance through education and training of investigators, research managers, administrators, and HRPO staff, and provide assistance to program offices and investigators with interpretation of human subjects protection and cadaver use requirements.
-acquire and retain knowledge of current Federal, DoD, DA, state, host nation, and USAMRMC regulatory requirements related to the protection of human subjects in research and cadaver use and apply knowledge of these regulations and general ethical principles during HRPO reviews of assigned projects.
-interact with colleagues, consultants, investigators, research directors, supervisors, other US Army personnel, etc., to gather or disseminate information or to provide assistance related to assigned protocols, attend meetings and conference calls as necessary, and provide education on human subjects protection regulations and HRPO requirements.
-participate in performance improvement activities and shall task contract personnel to participate in specific working groups to improve and streamline the protocol review and approvals processes, and provide input and assistance with formulating and writing HRPO standard operating procedures and work instructions.
Resolution and tracking of incidents. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers and related equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot.
These are "Non GDIT Employee Opportunities" - in the Washington; DC metro area only
- Must have active Security Clearance; SECRET clearance or higher
- Trained in discrete surveillance; surveillance detection methodologies; and associated disciplines
- Capable of conducting surveillance using foot; vehicle; and combination techniques
- Supply vehicles and all required communications equipment
- Work extended hours as required
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Salesforce Environment Manager to:
Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management
Manage source code for branch and merge strategy
Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
Positions availble in:
- St. Louis, MO
- San Mateo, CA
- Washington, DC
- Eagan, MN
- Topeka, KS
- Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Raleigh, NC
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Sr. ASP.NET Developer to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment
- Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems
- Supports stakeholder and product owner meetings to help define and validate software requirements
- Supports the Project Manager as a technical team lead on specified projects
- Identifies gaps in requirements and helps solve problems for the supporting staff
- Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project
- Oversees application development and reports progress
- Maintains legacy applications
- Collaborates with DBAs, SAs, and BAs to design solutions
- Develops design artifacts
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of software products and performs software maintenance
- Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability
- Provides recommendations to infuse new technology
- Serves as a subject matter expert for specified systems and their subsequent applications
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Provide software support to include remote and at-the desk installation, troubleshooting, and remediation of end-user software requests in a customer service oriented, team environment
Estimated work load:
~11,653 end-user workstations
~126 requests per month over 4 networks (NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, StoneGhost)
~917 software titles
~5-7 software packages per month for the application catalog
Lead installation, troubleshooting and demolition actions required by internal and external agencies and work with vendors/original manufacturers for additional support needed
Monitor, open, assign, update and close tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems
Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlined at division level, to include weekly updates of trouble tickets
Install desktop software
Provide desktop support at the customer’s location as required, such as adding workstations to the domain, troubleshooting hardware issues, installing drivers; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets)
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II or Level III support is required
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets
- Prepare approved software for deployment through the SCCM software application center. For Software (SW) titles not compatible with remote deployment technology, provide clear and precise installation instructions to the SW License manager.
- Comply with Cybersecurity Certificate to Operate (CTO) processes
- Provide documentation for all SW deployment packages
- Follow all Branch SOPs outlined at division levels for SW deployment packages, to include patch management process outlined with Network Operations
- Update existing SW deployment packages when cybersecurity vulnerabilities are identified
- Work with the customer SW License Manager to track all licensed SW
- Maintain software file share
- Package software for the customer Application Catalog for SIPRNET and JWICS
- Utilize the customer trouble ticket tracking system (Microsoft System Center Service Manager) and the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Trouble Ticketing system (e.g. Remedy) to track all customer requests
- Interface with external IT support agencies
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.