Click column header to sort
Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function. Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases. Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design. Integrates data from various files, including Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL, and Oracle. Performs Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) and Quality Control/Quality Assurance. Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
The Network Engineer will be actively involved in analyzing the DoDIN-A Joint Management Network. This individual will be involved with the, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of network hardware, software, and communication links as well as analyzing and resolving network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Node management, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts for projects critical to the business
- Respond to trouble tickets and performs troubleshooting on network devices
- Maintain and administer network standards, documentation, processes, and procedures
- Maintain and administer routers, switches, firewalls, and other network related devices
- Work with other departments to activate services and assists with problem resolution as required
- Effectively and quickly perform complex fault isolation and event correlation on all assigned network elements
- Analyze chronic network imperfections for root cause source and recommend and appropriate corrective actions. Implement fix/correction as directed
- Prepare written reports and other documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Serve as the next level for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing IP related impairments
- Perform training for fellow technical professionals and customers
- Monitor and handle unscheduled and scheduled maintenance work
- Validate and review all configurations changes going into core network/Backbone
- Proactively/actively monitor all network related issues using all tools available
- Provide design and architectural support for MPLS/Backbone network elements
- Ability to craft effective methods and procedures for group procedures
DESIREABLE KEY TECHNOLOGIES:
- Cisco router/switch knowledge
- Palo Alto/Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Netscaler SSL-VPN
- F5 LTM
Active Directory Engineer
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for an Active Directory Engineer.
General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology, systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Our company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
We have an immediate need for an Active Directory (AD) Engineer to assist in implementing new features and services through assessing and testing new techniques and support processes. Of particular importance is the ability of the resources to understand and operate within an Active Directory environment.
The AD Engineer will be responsible for:
- Active Directory Server Integration — base operating systems, software distribution, security settings, updates and level three problem management support.
- Active Directory — design and implementation, group policies, security groups, GPO, PKI, ADFS 2, user and computer objects, logon authentication, scripts, replication, forest and domains, release management, production, user/account provisioning, LDAP/application support and third level problem management support.
- Remote Management — Active Directory engineering and redesign of remote management tools especially SCCM, SCOM, MOSS, DNS and WSUS and third level problem management support.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities
Core hours: 0730-1730. Responsible for reviewing and/or packaging materials to complete transaction; record and audit current Trip Support inventory (monthly). Requires lifting packages/boxes of material/literature. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs. Review and maintain stock levels of recruiting materials including materials on-site and managed at vendor warehouse. Point of contact for property turn in requests and office chair repair/replacement. Responsible Officer for the office's accountable property for Government Owned Vehicles (GOV) and record keeper for monthly mileage updates.
1. Prepares and reviews purchase orders for accuracy and completeness.
2. Enters purchase orders into the automated system.
3. Serves as a liaison between employees or customer personnel and vendors in order to answer questions and resolve problems.
4. Maintains files and records of materials, prices, inventories, and deliveries.
5. Reviews invoices from suppliers for conformance to purchase orders.
6. Assists higher-level purchasing staff as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job) Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact for Federal Flight Deck Officers when they arrive at the training venue; are responsible for checking them in; verifying weapons and credentials; conducting training and overseeing the course of fire at the gun-range. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all personnel on the range and securing SSI and SPII information during and after requalification sessions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact at the training venue for Federal Flight Deck Officers (FFDO) and is the on-site training manager for the program. LFIs conduct all classroom instruction; delivering the approved TSA training and safety brief; introducing and describing new equipment; and ensuring all students understand and sign the safety briefing. The LFI ensures a minimum number of SFIs are present to maintain an instructor/student ratio of 1:6 for each training session. The LFI must ensure a sufficient inventory of training supplies is on-hand at the training venue to support monthly requalification sessions. The LFI is expected to maintain positive control of the training environment from the moment students arrive at the venue to the moment they depart. Upon students? arrival; the LFIs must verify weapons and credentials of each FFDO before training commences by visual inspection. The LFI is responsible for ensuring proper scoring of targets; completion of applicable administrative forms; and collection of training data. The LFI is required sign and certify qualification scores for all FFDOs attempting to qualify. Failure of an FFDO to qualify also means that an authorized FAMS Representative and/or LFI takes custody of the unloaded weapon; transport device (lockbox); credential and other equipment for return to TSA/FAMS. If no authorized FAMS representative is present to receive the equipment; the LFI shall make immediate verbal notification to the FFDO Program Office in order to make the appropriate arrangements to return equipment and credentials. The LFI must keep all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy. The LFI is oversees time keeping of all SFI labor hours. The LFI must comply with internal compliance training events
Core Hours: 0800-1700. Prepare and submit requests utilizing the sponsor's system, obtain status updates from the ordering customers, procurement specialists and ordering tools and make necessary corrections to complete the request with specific attention to the classification of the association. Candidate will coordinate with technical team/procurement requestor to ensure correct product is identified for procurement by sponsor organization, analyze the potential replacement of a product if it is no longer available and provide replacement recommendations to the customer. Material transportation may fall within the purview of the contractor as they engage with the vendors. No physical personnel movement is involved. Serve as a receiving agent at a WMA warehousing operation to ensure packing lists and shipping are appropriate on an ad hoc basis.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
Required skills/experience: Angular, NodeJS, UI development
Desired skills/experience: RESTful services, cloud experience, micro-services experience.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing user experience (UI) for web applications to enhance existing UI interfaces and design new interfaces. The UI developer will work with the Systems Engineer and fellow Developers to create detailed designs, translate and decompose requirements and develop key features and enhancements as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues.
2. Demonstrated experience designing and building web applications as part of a team.
3. Demonstrated experience analyzing user needs to determine technical requirements.
4. Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, storyboards and/or user flow models.
1. Demonstrated experience within an Agile environment.
2. Demonstrated experience supporting development in sponsor's applications.
3. Demonstrated experience supporting development in a micro-services environment.
4. Demonstrated experience supporting development secure RESTful services.
5. Demonstrated experience or certification in cloud technologies creating self-healing/auto-scaling systems.
GDIT’s Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our new graduate opportunities are intended for recent college graduates with 0-1 year of professional work experience. At GDIT, every day, we influence how the government serves the country and its citizens. Starting your career with GDIT, allows you the opportunity to be a part of critical missions that don’t just shape the world, but the individual.
GDIT is seeking a Software Engineer Associate (New Grad) in Chantilly, VA with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Analyzes, designs and develops tests and test-automation suites.
Designs and develops a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
Tests software development methodology in an agile environment.
Provides ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
Collaborates cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
Provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
Works alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.