Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager to manage complex, high-profile projects and lead cross-functional project teams to deliver high-quality technology solutions for our internal customers and will apply advanced level of project and program management knowledge to solve a variety of complex technical issues.
The Sr. Project manager shall employ personnel with the skills necessary to execute projects to ensure it meets all scope, schedule, resources and quality expectations through the entire project life cycle and in accordance with the objectives of the enterprise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Program Management support to maintain the Integrated Project Schedule, issues, risks, risk mitigation, resource allocations and budget for portfolio-related programs
- Assist Program Manager with the project plan update and statuses, focusing on coordination and monitoring of detailed technical tasks across internal organizations, and outside suppliers
- Provide detailed technical and business support for meetings / JAD sessions, including preparing key technical and business materials and providing follow-up meeting minutes
- Support the design and review of the technical architecture and supporting information technologies to validate against technical / business requirements and ensure compliance with USPS IT Standards, including such areas as security, performance, capacity planning, backup / recovery, failover, and disaster recovery
- Manage and communicate detailed project plans, manages communication cadency and drives the team to meet tight deadlines
- Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization
- Present project progress, issues and mitigations to all stakeholders
- Proactively identify potential issues and propose mitigation plans or alternative solutions
- Identify key performance indicators, implement meaningful metrics, and measure project performance
- Prepare presentations for management and customers to articulate program status, key risks, and mitigations, and technical milestones
- Support project efforts in defining scope, planning, executing and reporting to stakeholders on strategic initiatives
- Define strategies and roadmaps for expansion of capabilities, technologies and governance
- Drive the implementation of development best practices through the organization, ensuring objectives are achieved
- Other technical tasks may be required based on direction from the Program Manager
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hours 730-1630 REQUIRED daily start time NLT 0900
• Provide support to large sub-group of approx... 50 officers in addition to back-up support to FO
• Calendar Management /proactively identify conflicts and resolve or escalate
• Must be comfortable with rolling and changing priorities
• Monitors group office (chief/Deputy Chief) incoming calls
• Assist in planning meetings and events (weekly staff meetings, monthly administrative meetings) reporting back to group management and executing taskings
• knowledgeable of travel system
• Prepare and monitor travel itineraries and changes
• Process travel arrangements, vouchers and POV reimbursements
• Inform management on all programmatic matters to ensure efficiency and program goals and administrative requirements are met
• POC for all Check-in/Check-out within group, ensuring proper access requests are complete and information is updated on a weekly basis
• Track office floor plans
• Order supplies, coordinate and schedule repairs of office equipment
• Responsible Officer(RO) for inventory items
• Maintain the Division SharePoint Site
*Candidate must have extensive knowledge of administrative processes and procedures
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is seeking an Administrative Assistant I in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas.
- Strong communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the application of web browsers in order to conduct research on the internet.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- Experienced with computer software, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint.
- Must have interpersonal skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Instructional Designer to support the execution of the Customer’s instructional design process. A summary of tasks involved is as follows:
- Participate in the Customer’s Curriculum Review Board.
- Based on Customer direction, work with identified clients to determine the learning need, the appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Identify information gaps and potential sources of information from which to obtain data and develop a data collection strategy and schedule.
- Document needs assessment findings to include recommendations to be used by the client.
- For a single documented learning need, identify design concepts that will satisfy the need. Design concepts should demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional design models and learning theory, be technically sound, and consider possible constraints such as resources and capabilities given the classified environment.
- Analyze each Customer approved design concept to determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and sequence of events required to create the learning experience.
- Design, develop and deliver instructional materials for instructor and student use in approved formats such as visuals, handouts and reference guides.
- Participate in any formative evaluation events scheduled by the Customer or support client events as directed.
- Ten (10) years of work experience in any of the following areas: instructional design, instructional technology, experiential adult learning, or a closely related field.
GDIT is seeking a Research Scientist in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio TX:
- Provides expertise in development and conduction of protocol-driven scientific research addressing various aspect of military medicine, including, but not limited to: hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, biomedical systems, bioassay development, craniofacial, infectious diseases and directed energy bioeffects.
- Provides supervision and guidance to junior scientist contract personnel in writing Government approved: protocol-driven research proposals, animal use protocols, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Provides guidance to junior scientist contract personnel on the evaluation of data sets (provided by the Government and collected by the Contractor); development of presentation materials, writing of Government approved SOPs for research under contract and presenting findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Provides supervision for contract personnel during the preparation of experimental subjects and aid in the training and the development of experimental subjects for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal or human use protocols.
- Provides support in the development and establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Oversees contract personnel associated with research projects; manages research data.
- Performs surgical procedures on animal models for both survival and non-survival.
Designs and develops instructional approaches and interactive courseware to meet training requirements.
1. Designs and develops instructional approaches and/or strategies to meet training requirements.
2. Conducts analysis of training requirements and media requirements.
3. Develops appropriate training objectives and test methods and designs instructionally valid training materials.
4. Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
5. Designs and develops computer based training, web-based training, electronic performance support systems and other technology-based learning solutions.
6. Develops flow diagrams and story boards.
7. Designs instructionally sound lessons in a variety of delivery media.
8. Interacts with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
*This position is not for immediate hire. If you would like to be considered in the future for any upcoming positions, please feel free to submit your resume for future review!
GDIT is seeking a Senior Project Manager who manages a matrixed team of project staff that support critical internal (within the project team) and/or external (customer facing) projects. Work to support operational excellence and ensure high levels of system availability and efficiency by developing and maintaining ITIL-based processes using lean principals.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 10 employees both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management, coordination, communication, orchestration and supervision.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running project efforts from inception to completion.
- Supervise assigned staff including professional development and performance management.
- Meet with internal/external clients to ensure situational awareness, understanding of goals, tasks, and direction, and provide transparent communication of project execution.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of project deliverables.
- Leads activities including solution development, basis of estimate development, and document templates.
- Collaborates with DevOps team to represent User Stories and clarification of goals and features.
- Should also elicit formal requirements / user stories from the Application team and Business Owner in order to represent the product features back into the DevOps team.
- Supports project financial management services as needed by working with program financial analysts to ensure billing accuracy and profit enhancements.
- Monitors sub-contractor activities including subcontractor RFQs and deliverables.
- Track, record, and compile program performance data.
- Support and advance the organization’s mission.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Wright Patterson Air Force Base
TS/SCI Clearance is required
Person hired for this role will support following functions:
· Support the NASIC Cybersecurity team, facilitating the A&A of national security systems within NASIC in accordance with Intelligence Community Directive 503, National Institute of Standards and Technologies 800-Series Publications, Committee on National Security Systems Instructions, and the Risk Management Framework.
· Oversight and support for an estimated 65 operational system packages
· Support NASIC Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) and Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), assisting in the development, documentation, and communication of local Cybersecurity policy, processes, and procedures.
· Present local training for ISSMs, ISSOs, System Administrators, and Program Managers detailing their role and responsibilities related to Cybersecurity processes.
· Aid in the tracking and reporting of system authorization project status for systems within the Center.
· Document, track, and report on unmitigated vulnerabilities, exceptions to policy, and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms).
· Produce, request, and gather required information for system authorization packages, track system packages progress within Xacta, update system status within branch internal database.
· Track significant events, as required, such as Service Requests, Incident Reports, and open CSRDs. Maintain a Help Desk for cybersecurity-related trouble tickets.
· Prepare documents required for: Interim Authority to Test/Authorization to Operate (IATT/ATO) approvals, Security Impact Analysis (SIA) and required artifacts, Plans of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms), A&A package artifacts, and training material for ISSMs, ISSOs, system administrators, and PMs.
· Work with Cybersecurity staff members to conduct Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities
· Follow all approved IC directives and standards in addition to NASIC policies, processes, and procedures
· Develop and maintain security documentation, procedures, and plans
· Identify applicable DISA STIGs, and track and report compliance
· Ensure configuration management, evaluate and acquire approval for changes to authorized systems
· Track and maintain system status related to authorization efforts and provide updates
· Define and track completion of Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms)
· Maintain Body of Evidence (BoE) to support system ATO and Continuous Monitoring
· Assist with system assessments and inspections
· Support auditing, malware detection, and vulnerability scanning of systems
· Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month. Report shall include system and PoA&M status (if applicable) and trend data.
Candidates will operate as Training Programs Role Players in support of field training exercises around Southern Virginia and surrounding areas. Qualified personnel should demonstrate an understanding of tradecraft, detection techniques and terminology.
Role Players will conduct field training activities, evaluate students’ performance, provide feedback and participate in exercise debriefing. Candidates supporting role players will be responsible for providing any support props and clothing articles.
***Must posses an Active SECRET clearance or Higher to be considered for this Program***
This posting is only for current students at James Madison University. Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph as part of your employement offer through the Enhanced Sponsorship Program.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
The successful candidate will use advanced technical skills to triage, normalize, and exploit raw data on an ongoing basis. He or she must be able to apply advanced knowledge of relational databases, primarily MySQL, and associated tooling to develop performance data ingest and computability problems. The candidate will also have experience with NoSQL concepts, full text indexing and open source search engines. Manages the design and development of computer software applications.
1. Directly, and through subordinate supervisors, manages employees engaged in the design and development of computer software applications.
2. Subject matter expert in My SQL, and at least five years of demonstrated experience working with large databases.
3. Expert level ability writing advanced SQL queries and extensive experience in query optimization.
4. Advanced experience in scalable data and full text indexing solutions such as Apache, Solr, or Elastic Search
5. Experience with Linux user and comfortable adminstering databases from the Linux command line.
6. Demonstrated experience with database backup, restoration, and disaster recovery.
7. Primarily supervises exempt Software Engineers.
8. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
9. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
10. May also perform complex software development and design work.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Position Title: Sr Technician, Systems – Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician (L2)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician:
· Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services
· Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
· Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
· Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
· Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
· Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock
· Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
· Assist in repairing computers, printers, digital senders, etc.
· Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in information system troubleshooting and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software
- Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis providing guidance and procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, local procedures, etc. as required to ensure mission success
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env: MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel maybe required to support the customer mission
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.