Click column header to sort
Sr Configuration Analyst
RAF Molesworth UK
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Configuration Manager – please continue to read below!
- Responsible for applying the change management process
- Assuring all change requests (RFC) for completeness and quality
- Logs RFCs into the change management database, ensuring accuracy and consistency of data
- Validates that impact assessments for proposed changes have been completed
- Assign changes to the appropriate support groups/technicians/implementers for design, build and test
- Acts as secretary to meetings that review changes, such as Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Maintain a strong relationship with service providers and technical teams to ensure that RFCs are handled effectively
- Confirm that changes have been successfully implemented
- Progresses status of changes with service teams to ensure that data is current
- Update/create Configuration Items (CI's) within Configuration Management Database (CMDB) following the implementation of a change
- Monitor and track risks, managing the provision of countermeasures where possible and where necessary, escalate to the Transition Manager to provide appropriate control measures
- Ensure software licenses are managed and tracked to ensure any license compliance issues are known, understood and communicated
- Acts as a routine point of contact on change and configuration matters between the organization and service providers
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long standing growing programs! GDIT Program! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Sr. Systems Admin– please continue to read below!
- Proficient in Linux\Unix OS
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support for current and emerging technology IT systems
- Participate in special projects as required
Desktop Support Technician
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Desktop Support/Client Support Admin – please continue to read below!
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware
- Responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Replace workstations with like systems and reload all applicable user applications
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware)
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support and coordinates with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II2 or Level III3 support is required
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
GDIT is seeking a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data storage solutions
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Experience with Linux
- AWS development experience using Spark, Python, or Java.
- Experience with Angular or React
- Working knowledge with GitHub, Jenkins or other configuration management tools.
- Experience with NiFi
Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
Position supports Navy International Programs Office (NIPO) Security Cooperation Directorate (NIPO02)
Following is principal specific duties and responsibilities:
1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of client business management initiatives to include all phases of the Navy Security Cooperation life cycle to include development, implementation, execution and closure of applicable FMS Cases.
2. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitors tasks to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program(s).
3. Participate with International Specialists, Country Program Directors and Regional Division leadership in producing weekly case development reports to monitor essential FMS case milestones to insure contractual/project requirements are met for assigned programs.
4. Monitor and report offered and implemented cases in Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS). Ensure completeness and accuracy of current progression status and critical path implications.
5. Extract or compile data from supporting financial management systems (e.g., Case Execution Performance Tool, Navy Enterprise Resource Planning [N-ERP] system) to provide managers with summaries or reports.
6. Produce accurate and timely daily reports for distribution to Regional Division leadership and Action Officers/Country Program Directors and participating Navy Systems Commands.
7. Evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, or productivity of the Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS) and the suitability of readiness of FMS Cases for offer and/or implementation.
8. Interact regularly with International Clients and Industry Representatives to provide current status on FMS case development progression.
9. Interpret agency administrative regulatory and policy guidelines to develop/maintain organizational policy statements.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Assist as necessary in the management and support of Directorate Travel to include international travel Passport and Visa requirements.
THIS POSITION IS NOT YET FUNDED.
GDIT has a future opportunity for a Master Voice/Data Communications Engineer to join our team. In this role you would be responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks.
Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided, to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways, meeting industry standards.
Develops, operates, and maintains voice, wireless, video, and data communications systems.
Provides complex engineering or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the communications function.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The candidate will work with a team of systems engineers and software developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the end-state system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders. The work will be done in a dynamic stakeholder environment within AWS. The candidate will communicate with team leads and senior leadership and rapidly adjust direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. This effort will include a variety of activities, including:
•Design, implement and maintain JAVA Microservices
•Integrate data from one system to another via REST API
•Become an expert on an AWS data workflow that includes Lambda, S3, and other such technologies
•Ingest and normalize data from multiple data sources
•Develop technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management
•Working with other enterprise service programs to leverage their capabilities via web services integration
•Coordinate and/or participate in system integration and/or user acceptance testing
•Write unit and integration test
•Monitor applications in production
•Participate in code reviews
THIS POSITION IS NOT YET FUNDED.
GDIT has a future opportunity for an Entry Level Voice/Data Communications Engineer to join our team. In this role, you would provide technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks.
Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
Troubleshoots network performance issues.
Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
The operations team is responsible for Tier 2 operational support of a mission-critical Enterprise Identity & Access Management system. The position includes operational monitoring and management of Linux servers and COTS software; as well as acting as a Help Desk for users who need assistance. As the program gains more consumers; we continue to meet the high demand to provide cutting-edge technology to our customer and their partner organizations.
Specific duties for this position include:
Analyze system performance and take corrective actions as needed
Troubleshoot system incidents
Assist users with system problems
Coordinate with Tier 1 support; mission partners; end users; and others
Monitor and report meaningful metrics
Develop and update support documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
Ability to independently represent the program in supporting a consumer's or mission partner's maintenance activity
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
- Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
- Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.