Click column header to sort
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
The Software Application Programmer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex software products, or make enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is experienced in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in a team environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Hands-on experience with clustered machines with technologies like Hadoop, Cloudera, or Greenplum.
Experience with Elastic Search and familiarity with database technologies (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle)
Familiarity with various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
Experience with applications development in cloud environments such as Amazon AWS and S3.
Experience integrating and developing code for visualization of data, such as developing Tableau dashboards or utilizing D3.js libraries.
Experience with Linux-based systems and shell scripting a plus
Work with a team to analyze existing software applications and tools, and recommend new technologies and methodologies to improve system performance and usability.
Designs, develops, tests, debugs, and deploys new software tools that extend or replace existing capabilities.
Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
Designs and implements cloud-native data processing capabilities using distributed computing technologies such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, and NiFi.
Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, training materials, processes and procedures.
Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers and analysts.
**CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE**
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Technician and Help Desk Support in order to support our Justice Programs team in Clarksburg, WV. In this position, you will support the Dept. of Justice VTC Engineering and Installation Team by installing and troubleshooting VTC display and VTC management systems in addition to providing fundamental IT support to our customer.
Qualified candidates must be committed to provide courteous and accurate technical information and support in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This position performs activities associated with implementation, integration and support of VTC systems in mission critical response operations environment.
Responsibilities for the VTC Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Provide IT support to all customers
- Provide customers with status of pending ticket(s) that are assigned and serve as primary POC until the issues are resolved
- Guide customers in a Help Desk scenario to resolve their IT related issues and assist in preventing recurrences
- Provide necessary information in the help desk ticket in the event the ticket is passed to another solver group.
- Install and support VTC equipment, including familiarity with foundation technologies and terminology.
- Must be able to coordinate training on equipment for the customer and assist customer with presentation requests.
- Perform site surveys in support of new VTC system installations.
- Must be able to provide drawings of room layouts and wire diagrams of changes made.
- Deploy systems that comply with established of Justice and other industry best practices.
- Review, update, and manage information in standard repositories
- Supports 24x7 network operations
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Supports complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Supports the routine testing and analysis of all elements of network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems and recommends improvements to the network.
**CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED**
GDIT is currently seeking as Senior Systems Security Engineer for our customer in Quantico, VA.
- Ensure that all information systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices outlined in the approved site accreditation or accreditation package
- Ensure that all Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements (if required) are documented and submitted on schedule to the government task lead(s)
- Ensure that all system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the information system lifecycle
- Ensure that all Plan of Actions and Milestones (if any) under their purview are reviewed weekly and updated when applicable
- Ensure that the release of all media and/or memory component from the FBI facility is properly managed
- Ensure that all audit trails are established for the IS’s, and reviewed and made available on request from the ISSM or appropriate government lead
- Ensure that precautionary measures are exercised to prevent the introduction and/or proliferation of malicious code to the information systems
- Support all certification activities throughout the ISSA process
- Oversee all information system recovery processes
- Ensure that all information system data calls are responded to within the specified schedule provided by the government
- Ensure that all information system security incidents are reported to the ISSO, ISSM, and/or CSO immediately and appropriate action is taken
- Initiate, with approval from ISSO, ISSM and/or CSO any protective and corrective measures when an information security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensure that all ISSA documentation is developed and maintained in accordance with the ISSA Handbook or the Site Accreditation Template
- Understand national level IA requirements within the Executive Branch, have an awareness of the national IA support infrastructure and establish technical contacts, understand the systematic nature of IA involving life-cycle management, and understand IA goals and how those goals can support macro budget requirements
- Provide assistance to the FBI in reviewing, documenting, clarifying, and updating both strategic and tactical security and information assurance policies
- Provide dedicated support to the accreditation function as defined by the FBI C&A process workbook. Generally, the accreditation function will be in support of the Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA) and will work closely with the certifying official and certification staff
- Prepare and/or evaluate and validate risk assessments, quantify risk where possible to facilitate DAA decision processes, and prepare recommendations to the DAA regarding accreditation decisions
- Deliverables will include risk assessments, studies, and system approval recommendations
- Plan and carry out vulnerability analysis to identify specific risks that the FBI faces from both inside and outside threats
- Develop and provide classroom/webinar training for new or revised programs, systems and policies
- The Senior Security Systems Engineer shall have a minimum of ten years of technical experience performing security requirements analysis for, and system design, of computer systems.
- The Senior Security Systems Engineer should have a sound, technical aptitude for Audit Log Management, FISMA Compliance Auditing, Vulnerability Analysis, and Intrusion Detection.
- The engineer shall have competence in Active Directory, VB Scripting, Cyber security, structured analysis and architectural design concepts/methodologies.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall also possess knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts in open system standards (e.g. OSI, ISO, OSE, TAFIM), design methodologies and tools such as entity relationship/dataflow diagrams and IDEF1x, object oriented principles, and systems engineering practices. Some current technologies supported Sourcefire, Found Stone, and Nessus.
- Provide system acquisition and program management, team leadership and tutelage to junior members/staff, contract and business management administration, financial management and technical support for FAU-FNP. This support will enable FNP to monitor the installation, integration and implementation of automated systems at designated field office locations while monitoring the prime/developmental Contractors’ technical, schedule and cost performance.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Qualtiy/Data Analyst to join our team in support of the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) at their headquarters in Falls Church, VA.
The data analytic support includes the following tasks:
- Provide overall, multifaceted support to the Navy Medicine’s Quality Lead.
- Review raw and synthesized data (HEDIS, ORYX, TJC, NPIC, NSQIP, AHRQ Measures, Carepoint, etc.) to create specialized data analysis reports at Medical Treatment Facilities, Regional and Navy level, with an emphasis on trending and benchmark performance evaluation.
- Assist with increasing awareness of compliance and identified issues.
- Track and trend data.
- Attend and support regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls, to include the Clinical Measures working Group and the Clinical Integration Board.
- Present at conferences and relevant BUMED meetings.
- Prepare for quarterly Navy Medicine Strategic Goal Updates.
- Perform data gap analyses and provide recommendations.
- Develop and update Excel databases and dashboards; perform ad hoc pivot table queries.
- Create and edit PowerPoint presentations.
- Effectively communicate and interface with BUMED Leadership and Medical Treatment Facilities.
- Analyze administrative data to develop methodologies and approaches for analytic activities such as clinical improvement chart audits and coding performance assessments. Understanding of the data definitions and how the data is calculated and the impact of changes in thresholds or definition changes on the data trends.
- Participate in special projects as required in support of Quality Assurance/Risk Manager.
** Databases to include: Patient Safety Reporting (PSR) System, The American College of Surgeons: National Surgical Quality Improvement Project, Population Health Portal (PHP) and PHP-Patient Safety Indicator, The Joint Commission ( TJC) and other DoD/Navy databases. **
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises conducting thorough reviews and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risks. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Senior Software Systems Integration Liaison to join our team to support the United States Army Medical Material Development Activity (USAMMDA) located at Ft Detrick, MD. USAMMDA is the premier developer of world class military medical capabilities with a mission to develop and deliver quality medical capabilities to protect, treat, and sustain the health of Our Service Members. This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland.
The Senior Software Systems Integration Liaison will support theWarfighter Health, Performance and Evacuation (WHPE) PMO at USAMMDA in the following tasks. This position will be located at the Medical Countermeasures System Joint Project Management Office (MCS JPMO) at Fort Detrick.
- Provide top level technical and functional expert transition management support in the integration of the Joint Health Risk Management (JHRM) capability and/or other capability(s) into the Health Readiness and Performance System (HRAPS).
- Utilize Information Technology knowledge, skills and experience to include network architecture, network security, data flow, data management, and data security to provide transition management and integration support.
- Apply pertinent laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and work processes to requirements involving the major issues and goals and objectives for product development.
- Track the performance, cost, schedule and risks of the JHRM capability for timely integration into HRAPS.
- Identify risks and provide recommendations to reduce or mitigate risks.
- Be collocated on site at the Medical Countermeasures System Joint Project Management Office (MCS JPMO). The Contractor shall provide status reports to the HRAPS Product Manager on a biweekly basis.
- Provide status reports to the HRAPS Product Manager on a biweekly basis.
- Communicate with personnel at various echelons and in multiple DoD- and other U.S. government agencies using effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage numerous efforts and effectively prioritize and multi-task requirements that have a direct impact on the Program.
- Be a substantive participant in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Coordinate meetings, lead working groups, develop and/or edit agendas and meeting minutes, develop technical documentation, and assist with other tasks and deliverables as required to provide support to the PMO.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to join our team to support the United States Army Medical Material Development Activity (USAMMDA) located at Ft Detrick, MD. USAMMDA is the premier developer of world class military medical capabilities with a mission to develop and deliver quality medical capabilities to protect, treat, and sustain the health of Our Service Members. This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland.
The Systems Integration Engineer will support theWarfighter Health, Performance and Evacuation (WHPE) PMO at USAMMDA in the following tasks. This is not a programming position.
- Provide systems integration engineering support for product development of systems such as the Health Readiness and Performance System (HRAPS). Apply engineering principles for the effective integration of technology(s) into a system of systems, such as HRAPS, using an incremental, phased approach.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend Government off the shelf (GOTS) and Commercial off the shelf (COTS) sensors, algorithms and suggested leader actions into actionable information based on, but not limited to, requirements, technology maturity and availability for inclusion to programs of record in an incremental, phased approach.
- Develop plans, schedules and estimates as they relate to systems integration.
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents.
- Utilize knowledge of wearable devices, physiological sensors and algorithms into actionable information that allows small unit leaders to make data-driven decisions on unit performance and safety.
- Apply software and/or systems engineering knowledge, skills and experience in integrating technology into a system of systems using an incremental approach.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and experience creating and manipulating systems engineering models using Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Participate in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for an Information Technology Product Management Software Developer to join our team to support the United States Army Medical Material Development Activity (USAMMDA) located at Ft Detrick, MD. USAMMDA is the premier developer of world class military medical capabilities with a mission to develop and deliver quality medical capabilities to protect, treat, and sustain the health of Our Service Members. This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland.
The Software Developer will utilize a working knowledge of Android, iOS, and MS Windows 10 Operating Systems (OS) along with knowledge of smart phone, tablet, and desktop platforms in order to support theWarfighter Health, Performance and Evacuation (WHPE) PMO at USAMMDA in the following tasks.
- Support the Product Manager (PdM) in all phases of the software product life cycle for desktop and mobile applications pertaining to Soldier Health, Optimization, and Readiness Tools (SHORT).
- Assist in the recording, tracking, and reporting of Configuration Items (CIs). Coordinate Engineering Change Proposal Requests, conduct Configuration Control Boards, and maintain Baseline Versions.
- Support the PdM with on-going product developmental efforts and on-going product integration efforts to include providing technical expertise during test events and resolving software deficiencies in order to achieve Government acceptance of delivered products.
- Support analyzing product requirements, building and developing testing, and coordinating software qualification testing.
- Support defining target integration platforms, integrating/migrating of the product onto varying target platforms, and coordinating independent verification and validation for the product.
- Ensure security requirements are addressed in software design and development. Conduct security scans, document vulnerabilities, correct vulnerabilities, and document the resolution or mitigation of vulnerabilities.
- Support the Government’s effort to accomplish software accreditation by assessing the validity of vulnerabilities identified during formal Government accreditation testing, recommending corrective actions to resolve or mitigate vulnerabilities, and estimating the level of effort and time required to resolve valid vulnerabilities.
- Support evaluating cyber security and vulnerability assessment scans using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) software, developing risk management framework, and acquiring an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Support the Government with on-going Operational Testing (OT) to include a comprehensive evaluation to ensure the system meets all specifications and operational requirements as defined in the Test and Evaluation Strategy (TES).
- Support coordinating test articles and assets (i.e., Laptops, Tablets, Phones, Soldiers, Tents, Vehicles, and Radios), creating a test plan to include test scenarios and Master Scenario Event List (MSEL), and creating a test report.
- Manage production, installation, and logistics support efforts to support delivery of software applications.
- Support developing a marketing and fielding plan, launching the product to various app stores, and marketing and socializing the product to increase the user base.
- Provide upgrade support of the software for fielded products. Perform software upgrades.
- Acquire feedback and fixes, plan update cycles, and coordinate software updates along with ATO re‐certification.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems?
The Federal/Civilian division of GDIT is hiring for an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst, to work out of our Tower Oaks, MD office. The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the division team by providing successful management of the financial analysis, reconciliation process and the implementation of project financial management controls. Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
1. Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting; auditing; forecasting; and analysis.
2. Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
3. Creates; maintains; and updates financial databases and spreadsheets; and generates various financial reports as required.
4. Analyzes assigned contracts projected staff hours; contract totals; revenues; and profit totals.
5. Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
6. Supports assigned managers in managing; tracking; monitoring; and reporting financial data as requested.
7. Participates in the preparation of cost proposals.
8. Conducts audits and analysis of their organizations direct and indirect costs; and reviews their practices and procedures; ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved; allowable; and processed in a timely manner.
9. Identifies and mitigates risk, ensuring proper approvals and documentation.
10. Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures; as well as DAR; FAR; SOX and other government regulations.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws; regulations; policies; and procedures.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Supervise and manage a large Fabrication Shop with 50-70 personnel, who perform estimating, planning, welding, fitting, painting, machining and administrative support.
Responsible for employee hiring, scheduling, mentoring and annual evaluations.
Planning and organizing production schedules.
Ensure that production stays on schedule and within budget.
Responsible for maintaining industrial operation certifications; i.e Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) QP-3 Certification, and OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
Prepare for and be a Liaison for internal and external QEHS audits of the fabrication shop.
Ensure Quality Assurance policies, procedures and work instructions are followed to produce quality products.
Ensure Safety is the highest priority to drive a zero-incident culture through training, regular communication, and reviews in accordance with policies and procedures.
Responsible for tracking, maintaining and control of industrial equipment, tooling and material.
Track fabrication completion status, lessons learned, and analyze information metrics.
Track change orders and ensure they are incorporated into production planning, QA and documents.
Write and deliver accurate status reports to management and customers on a regular basis.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.