Click column header to sort
GDIT’s Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our new graduate opportunities are intended for recent college graduates with 0-1 year of professional work experience. At GDIT, every day, we influence how the government serves the country and its citizens. Starting your career with GDIT, allows you the opportunity to be a part of critical missions that don’t just shape the world, but the individual.
GDIT is seeking a Software Engineer Associate (New Grad) in Chantilly, VA with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Analyzes, designs and develops tests and test-automation suites.
Designs and develops a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
Tests software development methodology in an agile environment.
Provides ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
Collaborates cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
Provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
Works alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
The News Editor (Farsi) provides original content and copy-edits daily news items, feature articles and in-depth analyses in English and Farsi for a news provision program focused on the Middle East that currently publishes 5 days/week in Arabic, Farsi, English, French, Kurmanji and Sorani. Fluency in Farsi and current knowledge of Middle East affairs, with an emphasis on Iran and Iraq is required. Other tasks include researching local and regional media in the region, identifying coverage angles, coordinating translations, updating associated social media platforms, devising and implementing marketing campaigns, and technical tasks utilizing locally-developed tools associated with web-based publications.
Network Engineering Experience:
*Ability to configure network devices (including routers, switches, firewalls)
*Must have the ability to understand how VRFs work throughout a network
*Ability to configure firewalls/routers/switches to function with VRFs or similar virtualization technologies
-Ability to use IOS commands for ASAs, routers, and switches
-Demonstrated ability to do the following:
+Access Control Lists
+IPSec L2L tunnels
+Virtual Routing and Forwarding
+Traffic shaping and policing via Policy and DSCP values
+IP SLA Monitoring
+Spanning-Tree protocol - PVST, PVST+, and RPVST as well as how it affects Layer-2 packet forwarding.
+Hot Swappable Routing Protocol
+Protocol Independent Multicast and IGMP
*Ability to use NX-OS (Nexus) 6.0 and 7.1
-Demonstrate understanding of PEER-LINK and Keep Alive
-Demonstrate understanding of SPINE-Leaf architecture
*Ability to create network designs (these will range in complexity)
*Ability to understand and implement best networking design practices and create resilient networks
*Demonstrable understanding of newer network technologies and industry best practices in the area of networking.
*Ability to configure ACLs to create a secure environment
*Ability to create site to site and client VPN configurations/implementations
*Ability to secure network devices (i.e. hardening)
* Familiarity with PKI VPN implementation (e.g. importing a certificate onto the ASA from a CA and authentication from a user certificate).
*Ability to derive network performance requirements and recommend appropriate products/solutions
*Ability to properly test new networking devices and ensure it functions as expected
*Ability to isolate problems on a network and fix/contain issues
*Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that cross network boundaries
*Ability to employ packet capturing software effectively for troubleshooting difficult network outages
Engineering standard practices
*Ability to produce standard engineering process documents (Requirements, Design, Implementation, and Testing)
*Proven ability to use critical thinking and complex problem solving
*Self-starter capable of succeeding under minimal oversight and working successfully within a team
*Ability to explain procedures and complex technical information
Preferred Experience with Juniper CTPs
*Ability to configure CTPs with a base configuration
*Ability to configure CTP bundles to transmit serial data over an IP Network
*Ability to troubleshoot issues with CTP bundles coming online
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
Full service PM with with demonstrated PMF experience to include experience and knowledge in managing IT projects
• Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements with the ability to recommend or take required corrective actions; skilled at risk identification and management
• Hands-on experience developing and managing resource loaded project schedules using MS project.
• Ability to articulate complex resource and technical issues to a range of audiences; excellent communication skills
• Hands-on experience leading and managing enterprise level, multi-disciplinary cross-organizational project teams using the Agency Project Management Framework (PMF) and Agile project management methodology
• Proven ability to build and maintain constructive relationships among customers, stakeholders, technical teams, and contractors across the Agency& IC
• Extensive ability to communicate (orally and in writing) the most complex technical concepts and project information, tailoring ideas, explanations, and concepts to executive and senior managers.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
• Expert ability to identify programmatic challenges, risks, and constraints coupled with strong ability to convey well thought mitigation strategies
• PMP Certification
• Knowledge of Agency enterprise technical architecture, services-oriented architectures, security requirements, and operating environments
• A broad knowledge of Agency IT components, missions and strategies
• Familiarity with Intelligence Community issues, policies, systems, and working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to examine project successes and failures and make recommendations to improve processes and practices
• Strong analytic ability to evaluate programmatic data, resolve inconsistencies and propose solutions to project issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to initiate and manage relationships across the customer spac
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
Required Skills/Experience: Close support, desktop hardware/software, customer operational environment, Active Directory, password resets and/or grant share drive access, submitting new accounts/group accesses, upgrading workstations, deployment of work stations, basic troubleshooting software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) skills, VTC, network/systems integration and installation. Familiar with ESMT.
- Close support role.
- Demonstrated experience of customer’s operational environment to include desktop hardware, software, peripheals, web technologies, security guidelines, operating systems, network/systems for integration and installation.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting VTC.
- Active or prior CMA a plus.
- ESMT or similar ticketing system.
- Active directory
- Experience performing installs a plus
- Password resets
- Share drive experience
- Experience upgrading workstations to Windows 10 and subsequent deployment of those workstations to include change-out of equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Willingness to learn and the ability to be receptive to change.
Desired Skills/Experience: CMA desired.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Splunk Service Engineer - Integration and Ingestion to provide consulting, training and hands-on-keyboard services for Splunk data integration, content development and user enablement for the CISO organization
- Additional responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
- Tuning and configuration of Splunk App for Enterprise Security (ES)
- Work with CISO Operations and Engineering to gather requirements for building content and use cases in Splunk.
- Assist in development of advanced security use cases in Splunk
- Handle User Enablement to include assist and/or train CISO Splunk team on data lifecycle support, assist and/or train CISO team and analysts on Content Development, develop and implement automation and efficiencies with Splunk and CISO workflows, provide analyst training and workshops on using Splunk, and introduce new content, alerts and data sources to CISO Analysts.
- Develop Data Lifecycles
- Data Discovery with Application Owners/End Users to determine data source structure and onboarding design.
- Data Parsing (Dev) at Index Time (Host, Source, Sourcetype, Line breaks, Timestamps)
- Data Normalization (Dev) including CIM compliance. Preparing data to be ready for search, data models and content development
- Data Validation (Dev) work with Application owner and end user to validate data normalization
- Data Onboarding (Prod) work with Splunk Admins to onboard Data from Dev to Prod
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Splunk Service Engineer - Content Developer responsible for tuning and configuration of Splunk for Enterprise Security (ES) services, develop use cases with CISO end users to build content and assist in developing advanced security use cases.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Configure incident response and remediation workflows for ES
- Develop and Implement Actionable Alerts and Workflow for Splunk as a CISO Monitoring tool
- Develop and Implement Apps & Knowledge Objects (KO) like Dashboard, Reports, Data Models
- Work with the Splunk Architect/Admin to promote private KO to Global KO
- Assist and/or train CISO Splunk Engineering team on Data Lifecycle Support
- Assist and/or train CISO Engineering team and analysts on Content Development
- Develop and implement automation and efficiencies with Splunk and CISO workflow
- Provide Analyst training and workshops on using Splunk
- Review new content, alerts and data sources with CISO Analysts.
General Dynamics is seeking a professional and highly motived candidate for Information System Security Engineer positions which will support cybersecurity related requirements for Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). This position requires a high level of technical understanding along with the ability to guide and perform Authorization/Certification and Accreditations (A&A/C&A) through enforcement of standards, assessments, authorization, and certification criteria. CNIC enables and sustains naval forces from the Shore by designing, developing and delivering integrated shore capabilities to the Fleet, Fighter and Family.
- Configure systems following Department of Defense (DoD) A&A and C&A guidance and perform assessments which evaluate compliance with established cyber security policies and regulations.
- Assist with conducting Security Testing & Evaluation (ST&E) for enclave and system accreditations while providing corrective actions to resolve or mitigate identified risk.
- Advise the customer through the RMF process to assist with development, modification, and review while providing artifacts for accreditation and/or re-accreditation.
- Have the ability to work independently on multiple accreditation packages for programs connected to specific NIWC Atlantic/CNIC customers.
- Provide engineering guidance based on DoD and Industry Security Best Practices, security requirements and cyber security trends and solutions; focused towards risk assessments and mitigations.
- Provide system engineering, integration, and life-cycle support for a variety of Navy systems.
- Have the flexibility to understand and adapt to evolving cybersecurity inspection criteria.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications through technical enforcement of organizational security policies using ACAS and HBSS ePolicy.
- Application and Evaluation of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide or STIGs, and Security Recommendation Guides (SRG).
GDIT is seeking a Microbiology Research Assistant in support of the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Infectious Disease Field Surveillance and Laboratory Research Services. As the Navy hub for the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, the NHRC Operational Infectious Diseases Directorate conducts on-going, laboratory-based surveillance of US military populations in unique environments to quantify and study the etiology of infectious illnesses.
- Support surveillance of operational infectious diseases that affect DoD personnel in coordination with federal agencies, local governments, research organizations, and universities at locations around the world.
- Provide operational support, to include analytical evaluations and prospective clinical evaluations, for diagnostic evaluations, clinical studies, and/or clinical trials sponsored by Federal Agencies or private companies, subject to final GS or military approval.
- Provide rapid assessment, which may require deployment/TAD travel outside of the local 50 mile radius, in cases of national emergency or infectious disease outbreaks, as they occur and provide appropriate personnel and response task forces with information that can be used to develop effective short term and long term solutions
- Collect, test, analyze and archive specimens from ongoing surveillance programs and special investigations among military personnel or civilians (recruits, forces afloat, deployed forces, outbreaks of concern, DoD dependents and border populations).
- Collect specimens from subjects enrolled in surveillance protocols including but not limited to nasal washes, nasal swabs, nasopharyngeal swabs, and blood samples through venous phlebotomy or capillary finger stick.
- Provide subjects information on how to self-collect stool samples and rectal swabs.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Data Loss Protection (DLP) Engineer with extensive experience in DLP Incident Remediation and Policy Management. Personnel will need to provide data analysis to identify incident trends and patterns. Resources with programming skills for improved automation is preferred.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.