Click column header to sort
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports multiple Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Program Managers and Assistant Program Managers for Logistics (APMLs) in the transportation of Security Assistance and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) material. Performs all aspects of transportation coordination and support for multiple programs involving classified; hazardous and general cargo. Duties include but are not limited to: working all FMS case transportation issues for all contracted countries; originate and coordinate classified; hazardous material; and unclassified transportation plans; track outbound/inbound shipments of material to/from FMS client countries; and coordinate all aspects of Special Assignment Airlift Missions (SAAMs).
Performs other duties as required.
1. Coordinates with FMS Country Representatives for weapons systems transportation support; providing planning and recommendations for each customer as needed to fulfill their Program's transportation requirements;
2. Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs including program; classified; or comsec transportation plans;
3. Researches; identifies; and recommends resources required for task execution and completion;
4. Analyzes shipments of high-value; sensitive; explosive; and/or classified assets for clients; determines cost effective modes of transportation to international destinations; arranges and plans SAAM flights and coordinated channel airlift;
5. Attends meetings for FMS customers subscribing to the NAVAIR Transportation Team to provide technical briefings; reports; and status on major transportation policy issues;
6. Coordinates with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of Significant Military Equipment and Freight Forwarders to ensure effective shipment of assets;
7. Evaluates FMS customer country's transportation procedures/concepts to determine compliance with U.S. Government export/import laws and policies and recommends alternative support procedures/concepts;
8. Serves as technical advisor to senior level client personnel in assigned subject areas; recommends functional changes; and identifies areas for further investigation;
9. May represent NAVAIR's Director of Logistics for International Programs on international transportation issues with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency of the Department of Homeland Security; Department of State; Defense Security Cooperation Agency; and Navy International Programs;
10. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures; presentations; and training materials;
11. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities;
12. May perform business development activities;
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas;
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
3. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
8. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
9. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Manage, guide, and oversee Human Intelligence (HUMINT) collection operations being conducted by overt and clandestine HUMINT collectors inside or outside of the continental United States.
1. Manages, HUMINT collection operations being conducted by overt and clandestine collectors worldwide.
2. Manages HUMINT mission management by generating operational directives, focusing collection efforts, and enabling responsiveness to information requirements.
3. Ensures production of quality reporting.
4. Manages preparedness of HUMINT collectors, collaborating across the Intelligence Community to increase target knowledge.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations. The Financial Analyst position is in direct support of a large and complex organization’s procurement department. The position requires deep level of financial, accounting, contracts experience. The successful candidate will analyze, review, and make payment on complex invoices using current payment and procurement processes. This will involve communications among various groups to ensure payments are made correctly and efficiently. You will need to possess (or ability to learn) the understanding of financial operations of commercial vendors and high-level understanding of network services.
Typical duties include:
- Analyze and monitor numerous accounts on a monthly basis and reconcile those accounts with the General ledger and prepare the accounts for yearly audits
- Assist in the management and maintenance of new payment/procurement processes to include accrual of expenses and the allocation and execution of funding
- Facilitate communications between Finance, Budget, Contract and Procurement teams in regards to availability of funding for existing contracts, the creation of new contracts, and the recommendation of new concepts
- Ensure integrity of financial records through accurate input into finance tools as well as the conduct of periodic audits
- Assist in providing network procurement services to include: company development activities, service ordering, service maintenance, vendor payment coordination, and service termination (these services require day-to-day interaction with Commercial vendors, Management PMs, network engineers, contracts and finance departments, as well as other interested departments)
- Focus on Contract Support: Assisting with the preparation and processing of contract modifications and new contract actions; and assisting in tracking, monitoring and reporting requirements
- Prepare contract docs for approval processing, reproduction, assembly and/or distribution, as necessary
- Perform data entry, tracking, and retrieval in the Sponsor’s contract acquisition system of record
- Utilize sponsor’s systems and tools to generate reports to track status of contract actions. Conduct timely and accurate entry and maintenance of contract data within Sponsor’s system of record or other acquisition databases and tools as appropriate.
Develops, codes, deploys, and maintains web applications and websites. The Web Developer will work individually and in a collaborative team-focused environment assisting with design and development of websites supporting the government. Provide web development and technical support to our customer through the maintenance of multiple websites and back-end systems. Key responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain existing websites while developing new website on multiple mission networks
- Manage and maintain existing websites while developing new website enhancements
- Apply industry best practices and web design standards
- Website content administrator
- Design and layout a variety of marketing communications (print and digital) including PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, logo development, etc.
Performs forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence. Identifies network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators. This candidate will be responsible for building, maintaining, and testing the security of critical computer networks. The ideal candidate would have a solid understanding of cyber security and engineering best practices and processes/methodologies, the development of best practices. In the role of Cyber Security Engineer, this person will be responsible for:
- Support the customer in researching, evaluating, planning, designing, engineering, and delivering cybersecurity solutions
- Review and ensure compliance with customer security policies and requirements
- Conduct vulnerability and generic security scans of both systems and networks to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Analyze and mitigate network-related risks
- Review new and existing system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on new and existing systems
- Lead system and application architects through security acceptance testing
- Develop plans for vulnerability mitigation
- Document and communicate security policy to enterprise organizations
- Develop mitigation plans and security implications for vulnerabilities
- Provide architectural and technical guidance and recommendations for securing systems and networks
- Implement securing and hardening recommendations
- Produce threat reports
- Provide information security expertise and consulting
- Implement an information security framework
- Gain organizational commitment for security plans
- Plan, design, and implement security-related technologies
- Ensure new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of enterprise operations.
Member of the system administration team for a major DOD enterprise network. Actively monitors operational condition of all systems. Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Senior member of the system engineering team for a major DOD enterprise network. Actively monitors operational condition of all systems. Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Collaborates with other system engineers or application owners to design solutions for customers.
- Identifies hardware, software and services required to meet customer needs.
- Manages system stability, operation, and scalability.
- Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting systems and designing new solutions.
- Evaluate current or developing technologies to consider for implementation weighing such factors as cost, compatibility, and usability.
- Communicate with customers to understand current and future requirements for their systems and be able to speak on their behalf to the configuration management team.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, new processes, and procedures.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance to include installing or upgrade hardware or software.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Evaluate existing systems to suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Communicate project information through technical reports and presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides senior level engineering support to operate; maintain; and develop upgrades for a major Navy business enterprise network operations center.
- Analyzes data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.