Click column header to sort
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Principle Administrator, Systems.
Design and implement computer and information such as Storage Area Network environments.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures.
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Utilize strong technical skills as they relate to numerous systems and storage technologies including, but not limited to: NetApp, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Exchange Server 2007/2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, DC's/DNS, DFS, Active Directory, DHCP, Wave, IIS, VMware vSphere 5, ESXi 5, Cisco UCS/Nexus, Infoblox, SCCM, Hyper-V.
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support of systems, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
- Provide operating systems planning and evaluation for performance analysis, capacity planning and hardware upgrades.
- Use Windows and Unix/Linux shell scripting, including PowerShell and Perl, knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, firewall/VLAN configuration, hardware-based load balancing, encryption, and network security best practices.
- Configure NetApp SAN environment and implement NAS protocols and use applications in a VM and NetApp Fibre Channel/SAN environment.
- Utilize NFS, CIFS, SAN, TCP/IP, RAID, LUN Management.
- Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations.
- May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- May also design network and computer security measures.
Provide integrated logistics and technical program management support to the DSCA Security Assistance and Equipping Directorate (SA&E), Equipping Division (EQP). The support services include coordination, management and providing information on all aspects involved in the sale, transfer, or lease of defense articles to include Excess Defense Articles (EDA) requests, Nonrecurring Cost (NC) charges and waivers, joint visual inspection (JVI) waivers, leases authorized under Chapter 6 of the Arms Export Control Act, and defense services to partner countries and international organizations, researching and preparing reports, database management, and assisting in preparing briefings and information papers, and performing records
- Provide integrated logistics and technical program management support to the DSCA Security Assistance and Equipping Directorate (SA&E), Equipping Division (EQP). The support services include coordination, management and providing information on all aspects involved in the sale, transfer, or lease of defense articles to include Excess Defense Articles (EDA) requests, Nonrecurring Cost (NC) charges and waivers, joint visual inspection (JVI) waivers, leases authorized under Chapter 6 of the Arms Export Control Act, and defense services to partner countries and international organizations, researching and preparing reports, database management, and assisting in preparing briefings and information papers, and performing records management functions.
- Perform research and analyses required to monitor and execute Security Assistance agreements for the transfer of Excess Defense Articles (EDA) and the leasing of military articles from the DoD to approved international customers.
- Conduct research and analyses required to approve U.S. industry requests to lease U.S. Government facilities and manufacturing tools to support the commercial sale of military articles to approved international customers.
- Assist in research and analyses required to establish Non-recurring Cost (NC) values, distributing notifications of values to establish in various publications or databases, and monitor and execute requests for waivers of Non-recurring Costs (NC) associated with Department of Defense sale of military equipment to approved international customers.
- Assist in researching and the development of other various internal and external reports related to the licensing and sale of military articles to international allies.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing materials such as Directorate command briefings and Director-level tailored briefings.
- Support other NC and/or EDA support-related requirements as assigned by the Task Manager.
- Monitor all entries and pending actions in the Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) Portal.
- Provide subject matter expertise/support to Smartbook/MRAP deliverables, continuously update and maintain Master internal and Collaboration Portal (SharePoint), and monitor all entries and pending actions in the Staff Action Control and Coordination Program (SACCP).
- May perform business development activities.
- Participate in special projects as required.
“This role is not yet funded”
GDIT is seeking an Information Technology Analyst to support EUCOM J2.
The successful candidate will monitor and develop IT system solutions that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
Task associated with this position include:
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed IT systems and design/recommend solutions.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Monitors client IT applications and tests to software requirements.
- Analyzes detail systems factors; including input and output requirements; information flow; hardware and software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
- Writes or updates software specifications.
- Records all inputs and outputs of systems; including file sizes; data bank requirements; variability of
- information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency; volume; peaking; etc.
- Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing IT systems.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
- Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange. Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Provide technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with OCS 2007 R2, 2010, 2013. Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers. Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups. Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. Responds to computer security breaches and viruses.
********** This role is not yet funded**********
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
Applies process improvement, reengineering methodologies, and best practice principles to design and implement process modernization and improvements.
Assists with analysis, evaluation, and assessment leading to development of recommendations for system and process improvements, optimization, development, and/or operations sustainment efforts for IT systems, software, and processes.
Coordinates and manages analysis evaluations and quality assessments for proper implementation of programs, systems specifications, and quality standards.
Establishes performance measures, monitors and analyzes performance metrics to identify and implement performance based improvements.
Works closely with senior engineers/specialists or task leads
1. Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
2. Performs technical assessments aimed at improving client systems.
3. Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
4. Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
5. Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
6. Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
7. Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
8. Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel.
9. Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
10. Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
11. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
12. Directs functional testing of various systems.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Serves as technical team or task lead.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
Develops and implements system improvements, processes, and procedures and training necessary to manage and protect government and corporate property investments; supervises assigned staff.
1. Manages the company's Property Management function, providing supervision to assigned staff.
2. Ensures that a government approved property management system is established and maintained.
3. Verifies the integrity of government and corporate property accountability systems to manage the risk associated with loss, damage, and destruction of property.
4. Ensures property transactions are properly authorized.
5. Provides guidance and training to assigned staff and other corporate personnel on matters relating to property management.
6. Ensures timely receipt, acquisition, identification, documentation, maintenance, inventory, movement, and storage of property.
7. Ensures proper disposition of obsolete and excess assets.
8. Oversees the taking of physical inventories, and provides a quarterly inventory report.
9. Ensures that periodic reviews are completed to verify that appropriate custodial organizations properly maintain and use property, and that records are properly maintained.
10. Completes necessary reporting documents for government property, including property tax submissions, and maintaining an audit trail for all property transactions.
11. Initiates procurement of supplies and custom items through customer procurement mechanisms.
12. Properly handle the receipt of disposal of HAZMAT and hazardous waste according to EPA regulations.
13. Ensures successful passing of government property audits.
14. Ensures that a cost effective system for reutilization of property is in place.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
The successful candidate will develop unique and security customer information systems that communicate between world-wide sites with operational stability, integrity, security, and efficiency. The candidate must have experience designing adn managing secure information systems and performing engineering level analysis of operational systems.
He or she will support the requirements, design and development, functional testing, and deployment of specialized applications for secure end-to-end telecommunication systems. Capable of developing custom scripts using Linux Shells, Python, PERL, and/or C++ for managing server logs, traffic routing controls, backing up systems, and monitoring server health. This individual will be responsible for developing custom communications between laptops/workstations and routers/switches/firewalls which are operationally focused to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer mission objectives. There are minimal (1 to 2 annual) requirements to travel CONUS/OCONUS. Understanding and developing O&M requirements into new systems to allow for maintaining custom system(s) with current security patches and up-to-date operating systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Designing and developing customer systems to meet cyber security requirements on various platforms to include : Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, and/or RHEL, Python scripting, Linux kernel development especially in networking and packet filtering, user account management, managing Linux images, and networking with Windows.
3. Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
4. Demonstrated experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software mangagement best practices.
5. Strong understanding of firewalls and server configurations to minimize exposure to any vulnerabilities and block known bad IP addresses, ports, host names, adn files.
6. Understanding user accounts and data access controls with Active Directory Services.
7. Established LDAP for managing user credentials and groups, and integrated applications on standalone systems.
8. Experience with anti-virus scanning and updates.
9. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP.
10. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSec tunneling from Linux servers to other networking devices.
11. Encrypting all transmissions with SSL and VPN protocols.
12. Ability to set-up/configure servers with HTTPS certificates for secure websites.
13. Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
14. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performace tuning skills.
15. Ability to follow good engineering and programming practices.
16. Ability to communicate effectively with peers and support staff to highlight and clarify software and system design elements.
17. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
18. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
19. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
20. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
21. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
22. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
23. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
24. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
25. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
26. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
27. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
28. Participates in special projects as required.
Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
1. Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
2. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
3. Lays out and marks points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
7. May serve as a team leader.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, monitors and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data.
1. Provides analysis and research for national security, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability.
2. Prepares assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information.
3. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success.
4. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
7. Participates in special projects as required
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Responsible for designing and implementing software systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications. Has deep understanding of web and software applications. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This REQ is currently not yet funded.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.