Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology, Defense Division, Naval Forces Sector is looking for talented candidates to join our team to support Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) Voice Gateway (MVG) at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Candidates will provide engineering and technical support in the design, development and implementation of current and new MVG system components, capability enhancements, and technical refresh activities.
- Candidates will develop and maintain designated engineering design documents such as Installation Design Plans, Installation Control Drawings (ICDs), Capability Development Documents, Base Electronic System Engineering Plans, and prepare technical presentations with current information.
- Candidates will conduct technical analyses of engineering and installation documentation; such as, design packages, site preparation, and installation plans pertinent to the design, installation, and checkout of communication systems.
- Candidates will provide engineering and technical support in the preparation and maintenance of configuration management plans and support.
- Candidates will evaluate and review proposed software solutions for communication and information systems and their implementation of industry-based standards and protocols.
- Candidates will monitor and maintain the interoperability of all interfaces within and external to the system, including the necessary supporting equipment, facilities, and other systems and equipment in the operational environment.
- Candidates will provide technical and distant support for all MVG system nodes via secure/non-secure telephone, emails, and other communication methods necessary to perform system resolution, fault analysis, testing and/or repair MVG components to operational status.
- Candidates will provide cyber security vulnerability management for MVG components. Applying updates to applicable MVG components, test the component in the lab environment to validate functionality, and implement those updates at MVG components at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- A current Secret Security clearance is required.
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Health Sector is currently looking for a Senior Human Research Protection Specialist to join our team to support our client Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ) in Falls Church,VA. The position will serve as research regulatory oversight subject matter experts (SMEs) supporting the Research Regulatory Oversight Office (R2O2) within the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Readiness Policy and Oversight (HPR&O).
- Provide comprehensive, timely, professional quality and fully documented reviews of research supported by the components of the USD P&R, including review and determinations for DoD intramural research and Human Research Protection Official Review for extramural research.
- Formulate and recommend potential solutions to complex problems that would help bring protocols in compliance with the various laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines governing human subjects research, including regulatory coordination (work with other regulatory offices to coordinate human subjects protection reviews) as required.
- Provide regulatory-based written -review of protocol life cycle actions following a R2O2-required format using standardized checklists. This may include, but not limited to, review of amendments/addenda, continuing review reports, reports of unanticipated problems and serious adverse events, reports of serious or continuing noncompliance, reports of research suspension/termination, protocol deviations, subject complaints, and final study reports and provide a professional quality written review.
- Support the government in conducting reviews of assurance requests, including reviews of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) records.
- Provide support for assurance and HRPP assessments designed to monitor compliance with human subjects protection regulations and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support with planning, formulation of agenda, and preparation of materials for use during the visit, to include any educational presentations.
- Participate in interviews with investigators, study staff, IRB staff, and institutional officials and conduct detailed policy and regulatory record reviews and assist with preparation of after-action reports.
- Support the government in the preparation and staffing of the assurance assessment correspondence and preparing the report findings.
- Support for the conduct of site visits to customer institutions to monitor compliance with approved protocols from institutions that fall under OUSD P&R oversight and assist government with investigating and resolving unanticipated problems and allegations of noncompliance. This includes preparing, planning, conducting, and reporting on compliance inspections of research for which the OUSD P&R has oversight. Also provide completed site visit/inspection checklists, written findings from site visit and compliance inspection activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the written report of each compliance inspection that includes written specific findings of the inspection. Suggest an action plan to address the deficiencies in the report and follows-up to ensure the deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner and travel to sites, as needed, to support federal personnel in compliance oversight of protocols.
- Actively manage and update organizational documentation and information management systems used to track information related to protocol review and assurance oversight, i.e. maintain documents according to document management plan and maintain and track effective dates of agreements and assurances under R2O2 oversight.
- Assess work products for accuracy, timeliness, and adherence to R2O2 requirements, automated data information system entries and use of the shared computer drive.
- Develop and coordinate organizational communications (website, information updates, newsletters, routine correspondence).
- Support the Quality Improvement initiatives of the R2O2.
- Support the government in the development and sustainment of SOPs for the R2O2 and work with components of the OUSD (P&R) to develop and maintain their forms and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with the USD P&R network of reviewers to address process issues; assist with regulatory interpretation; provide training as needed in new requirements, tools, forms, etc.; and provide other support as needed.
- Provide consultation to assist institutions that fall under OUSD P&R oversight to develop and update their human subjects protection policies, procedures, guidelines, templates, and review checklists to ensure regulatory compliance with current laws, regulations, and policies governing human subjects research.
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Conducts cyber security compliance assessments of existing and emerging technologies. Conducts field surveys, installs and operational support. Implements Risk Management Framework Security Controls. Performs procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Associated tasks include;
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Resolution and tracking of incidents. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers and related equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot.
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
CAPACITY ANALYST / DATA CENTER ENGINEER
SHAW AFB, SOUTH CAROLINA
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Individual chosen for this role will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Test designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participate in special projects as required.
These are "Non GDIT Employee Opportunities" - in the Washington; DC metro area only
- Must have active Security Clearance; SECRET clearance or higher
- Trained in discrete surveillance; surveillance detection methodologies; and associated disciplines
- Capable of conducting surveillance using foot; vehicle; and combination techniques
- Supply vehicles and all required communications equipment
- Work extended hours as required
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.