Click column header to sort
Responsible for designing and implementing software systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications. Has deep understanding of web and software applications. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This REQ is currently not yet funded.
Responsible for planning and arranging the labor, schedules, equipment and diagnostics required for testing and evaluating both standard and special software services. Specifies tests to be performed and provides test area with parameters for sample testing. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment and diagnostics, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Designs and develops tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems and documents findings of tests.
- Defines testing processes and ensures tests adhere to established standards.
- May participate in quality assurance plan development.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced test engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This REQ is currently not yet funded.
Contract: I2TS 3
Network Engineer (L3)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Engineer:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Designs and performs integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manages the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Skills / Experience:
- Provide research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Desired Computing Environment Certification:CCNA to start and must obtain CCNP within 180 days of their start date.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required based on contractual requirements
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours 9am-3pm. Should have expert knowledge of customers industrial travel process to provide back-up support. Assist with scheduling/planning travel, track hours for each, and verify if properly covered by DBA Insurance. Create pseudonyms. Submit training requests and assist with communications. Support an overall office of 80. Respond to email. Maintain database and will interface with COTRs. Assist with preparation of finance response actions regarding budget. Maintain/update metrics related to travel and financial data. Assist with program planning. Process foreign travel vouchers and reimbursements. Responsible for processing 15 travel vouchers a month.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is seeking an experienced Human Subjects Protection Scientist (Initial Reviewer) in support of the Office of Research Protection, based in Fort Detrick, MD.
The Human Subjects Protection Scientist will:
-provide real-time oversight of USAMRMC-supported research protocols through timely documented initial reviews and/or reviews of protocol lifecycle actions to assure ongoing compliance with all applicable Federal, DoD, DA, state, host nation, and USAMRMC human subjects protection regulatory requirements.
-provides regulatory-based written initial reviews or review of protocol life cycle actions using standardized checklists.
-delineates deficiencies and areas of noncompliance and makes recommendations to the HRPO federal AAs regarding regulatory and ethical issues in HRPO submissions.
-provide a comprehensive review and evaluation of protocol amendments/addenda, continuing review reports, reports of unanticipated problems and serious adverse event, reports of serious or continuing noncompliance, reports of research suspension/termination, protocol deviations, subject complaints, and final study reports and provide a professional quality written review, as required.
-provide accurate information, assistance, and documents to customers and HRPO federal personnel when requested with appropriate professionalism in a timely manner. This will require active management and updating the protocol files and the information management systems used to track information related to protocol review.
-support the HRPO federal personnel in the conduct of noncompliance investigations and compliance inspections of extramural protocols. The contractor shall provide regulatory-based written review of HRPO reportable events. Support includes preparing, planning, conducting, and reporting on compliance inspections of research for which HRPO has oversight.
-assist in the preparation of the written report of each compliance inspection that includes, but is not limited to, written specific findings of the inspection and recommendations that would enable the institution to bring the research into compliance.
-provide support for staff assistance visits and HRPP assessments designed to monitor compliance with human subjects protection regulations and make recommendations for improvement. This includes assisting with planning, formulation of agenda and preparation of materials for use during the visit, to include any educational presentations.
-prepare staff assistance visit materials (e.g. agenda, checklists, presentation).
-participate in interviews with investigators, study staff, IRB staff, institutional officials, and research participants, and conduct detailed policy and regulatory record reviews, complete staff assistance checklists, and assist with preparation of after-action reports.
-travel to sites, as needed, to support HRPO federal personnel to provide compliance oversight to USAMRMC-supported research studies.
-provide support for the HRPO transition from paper to electronic review processes, including implementation and training on electronic review processes.
-assist the Government to develop policies, procedures, guidelines, and other materials to ensure compliance with current regulations and to update investigators, research managers and administrators, and administrative staff on human subjects protection and regulatory compliance policies and procedures as they apply to research supported by the USAMRMC.
-assist in the development of local procedures and guidance for the HRPO and the USAMRMC in the area of human subjects protection.
-support the development and implementation of effective mechanisms to communicate and interpret these regulations, policies, and guidelines.
-assist in development and implementation of internal HRPO operating procedures and review guidelines as requested.
-foster regulatory compliance through education and training of investigators, research managers, administrators, and HRPO staff, and provide assistance to program offices and investigators with interpretation of human subjects protection and cadaver use requirements.
-acquire and retain knowledge of current Federal, DoD, DA, state, host nation, and USAMRMC regulatory requirements related to the protection of human subjects in research and cadaver use and apply knowledge of these regulations and general ethical principles during HRPO reviews of assigned projects.
-interact with colleagues, consultants, investigators, research directors, supervisors, other US Army personnel, etc., to gather or disseminate information or to provide assistance related to assigned protocols, attend meetings and conference calls as necessary, and provide education on human subjects protection regulations and HRPO requirements.
-participate in performance improvement activities and shall task contract personnel to participate in specific working groups to improve and streamline the protocol review and approvals processes, and provide input and assistance with formulating and writing HRPO standard operating procedures and work instructions.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Defense Division, Naval Forces Sector is looking for talented candidates to join our team to support Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) Voice Gateway (MVG) at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Candidates will provide engineering and technical support in the design, development and implementation of current and new MVG system components, capability enhancements, and technical refresh activities.
- Candidates will develop and maintain designated engineering design documents such as Installation Design Plans, Installation Control Drawings (ICDs), Capability Development Documents, Base Electronic System Engineering Plans, and prepare technical presentations with current information.
- Candidates will conduct technical analyses of engineering and installation documentation; such as, design packages, site preparation, and installation plans pertinent to the design, installation, and checkout of communication systems.
- Candidates will provide engineering and technical support in the preparation and maintenance of configuration management plans and support.
- Candidates will evaluate and review proposed software solutions for communication and information systems and their implementation of industry-based standards and protocols.
- Candidates will monitor and maintain the interoperability of all interfaces within and external to the system, including the necessary supporting equipment, facilities, and other systems and equipment in the operational environment.
- Candidates will provide technical and distant support for all MVG system nodes via secure/non-secure telephone, emails, and other communication methods necessary to perform system resolution, fault analysis, testing and/or repair MVG components to operational status.
- Candidates will provide cyber security vulnerability management for MVG components. Applying updates to applicable MVG components, test the component in the lab environment to validate functionality, and implement those updates at MVG components at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- A current Secret Security clearance is required.
Resolution and tracking of incidents. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers and related equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot.
These are "Non GDIT Employee Opportunities" - in the Washington; DC metro area only
- Must have active Security Clearance; SECRET clearance or higher
- Trained in discrete surveillance; surveillance detection methodologies; and associated disciplines
- Capable of conducting surveillance using foot; vehicle; and combination techniques
- Supply vehicles and all required communications equipment
- Work extended hours as required
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Salesforce Environment Manager to:
Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management
Manage source code for branch and merge strategy
Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
Positions availble in:
- St. Louis, MO
- San Mateo, CA
- Washington, DC
- Eagan, MN
- Topeka, KS
- Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Raleigh, NC
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Sr. ASP.NET Developer to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment
- Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems
- Supports stakeholder and product owner meetings to help define and validate software requirements
- Supports the Project Manager as a technical team lead on specified projects
- Identifies gaps in requirements and helps solve problems for the supporting staff
- Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project
- Oversees application development and reports progress
- Maintains legacy applications
- Collaborates with DBAs, SAs, and BAs to design solutions
- Develops design artifacts
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of software products and performs software maintenance
- Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability
- Provides recommendations to infuse new technology
- Serves as a subject matter expert for specified systems and their subsequent applications
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.