Click column header to sort
Systems Engineer (Associate)
Contract: Worldwide Systems Field Software Support
System: DCGS-A Mobile
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army’s Communications-Electronics Command’s (CECOM) Software Engineering Center’s (SEC) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers software to enable the Expeditionary Army while supporting the SEC mission of ensuring operational readiness by developing, providing, integrating and maintaining Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Logistics and Business software.
GDIT support to the SEC covers a wide range of garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies to the users of strategic and tactical command, control, communication, and computer (C4), business, and logistics management systems.
GDIT support will be provided to the various functional areas within the CECOM SEC to include Regional Field Support, Operations Center, and world-wide Customer Support Center offices established by SEC Field Support Division (FSD).
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
- Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
- Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Provides end-user training.
- Performs various tests and documents results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
DCGS-A Mobile Field Engineer Requirements / Skill Sets
- Demonstrates knowledge of Military Intelligence systems installation, configuration, deployment, functionality, and testing; able to provide written and updated technical system documentation, procedures and training materials.
- Provides guidance in the analysis of user needs to determine procedural requirements with the customization, maintenance, and installation of ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.
- Verifies appropriate LDAP configuration & procedures to maintain operator accounts and resolve any operator account related issues.
- Provides guidance on system testing and the implementation of backup and disaster recovery procedures of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Monitors the installation, maintenance, and configuration of DNS Servers & the host configuration.
- Ensures requirements such as daily performance checks on DCGS-A applications, tools, and logs for serviceability are conducted.
- Monitors the configuration and efficiency of Safemove data replication.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of client & server software interaction including web-based application design, support, and integration.
- Understands Information Assurance (IA) methodology principles and assists IA staff with all documentation required for accreditation, etc.
- Maintains compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
- Be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations
GDIT is currently hiring in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) in Keyport, WA! Our work supports the maintenance and enhancement of mission planning, training, and tactical systems used by US Navy personnel in the conduct and training for various tactical missions.
Available Opportunities in Keyport:
- Associate Software Developers
- Journeyman Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Systems Administrators
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Administrator, Systems – Systems Administrator (L3)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: MCSA Windows Server 2012, Solaris 10, Linux+, VCP5, etc.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
Network Services is currently seeking a Network Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to upgrade IOS devices and administer GEM-X encryption management software. The successful candidate will be responsible for upgrading all Cisco IOS devices and ensuring remote administration of all encryption devices in GEMX. Candidate must be able to remotely administer Cisco devices and General Dynamics encryptors with the ability to accurately track and report progress weekly.
- Extensive experience upgrading Cisco IOS; Juniper experience is a plus GEM experience for monitoring and configuration of crypto equipment; extensive crypto experience may be substituted Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Experience with both LAN and WAN troubleshooting Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment.
- Lead IOS upgrade project and GEMX remote management as tasked by GDIT management Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
- Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by GDIT Management.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors)
Interpersonal Skills Communication skills - verbal and written Listening skills Problem analysis and problem solving Attention to detail and accuracy Customer Service orientation Adaptability Ability to work independently within a Team Concept Ability to multitask in a stressful environment Weekend work is required to correspond with enterprise outage windows Position requires the candidate to pass the CI Poly Certifications: IAT II (required)CCNA (desired)
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain Poly.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
- Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards.
- With limited direction, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet company and client standards and end-user requirements.
- Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects and/or supports testing as a witness to testing requirements.
- Reviews all documentation for completeness, accuracy, and correctness.
- Organizes and maintains all quality assurance documentation.
- Documents all problems and works to resolve them. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has recently been awarded a program and we are proactively seeking incumbent candidates for a variety of Functional & Business Analysts roles. Current incumbents will receive priority in the interview process. Please submit your candidate profile and you will contacted accordingly.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
GDIT is seeking a MS SQL DBA to support our newly awarded Army Analytics Group (AAG) contract located in Fairfield, California. The ideal candidate must have the following:
Advanced MS SQL 2008 R2 Administration, Configuration and Tuning, Advanced Windows 2008R2 tuning for MS SQL 2008R2, Intermediate/Advanced Windows 2008R2 Administration and Configuration, Advanced DISA Gold, Army Gold Master configurations on MS SQL 2008 Databases, Intermediate App Detective MS SQL 2008 scanning and remediating according to Industry best practices.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
The NOC is currently seeking a talented Tier III Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide monitoring; maintenance; and support of video communications networks for the Mid-shift. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Tier II level resolution and customer support to scheduled or active; video teleconferences (VTCs). The candidate will also be responsible to provide VTC outage documentation utilizing customer provided Incident Tracking software. The main tools utilized in this role include: VC Wizard VTC scheduling software; SharePoint; Support Web Incident Tracking System; Tandberg Management System (TMS) and other VTC support tools as needed.
Comprehensive knowledge with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) service and support to include scheduling; monitoring; administrative support and technical assistance to Video Teleconference customers.
Manage the Video Networks for resource availability and conflicts.
Ensure compliance with VTC network security policies and procedures.
Assist in the development of the Rules of Engagement (ROE); and policies and procedures as they pertain to the VTC environment.
Possess understanding of H323 Protocol Stack.
Comprehensive knowledge of network topology; along with VTC network hardware and software tools listed above.
Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the VTC environment.
Provide work leadership to lower tier level personnel and assume supervisory responsibilities if necessary.
Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by GDIT Management.
Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
Participates in special projects as required by GDIT Management.
Communication skills - verbal and written
Problem analysis and problem solving
Attention to detail and accuracy
Customer Service orientation
Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain Poly.
The candidate must have excellent object oriented programming, design pattern, and visualization skills. In addition, the candidate will be involved in the development and deployment of our software solutions to various enterprise systems. This position requires the ability to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. The candidate must be passionate about programming, quality of work, and enjoy communicating and working with end-users.
1. Creates and integrates features for secure service oriented software solutions using the latest Java technologies.
3. Communicates with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals.
4. Develops cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
5. Provides troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production.
6. Works with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development.
7. Experience developing applications in Java, and .Net technologies.
8. Experience with OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, Eclipse, Visual Studio, 2D/3D visualization, GUI development and service oriented architectures.
9. Experience with ESRI, ArcGIS, Oracle, VMWare, Jira and Java.
10. Experience with networks, and knowledge of big data solutions such as Hadoop and Cloudera.
11. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
12. May perform network administration duties.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Serves as technical team or task leader.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
The candidate will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining proprietary networks to support operational data movement. The engineer will also be responsible for ensuring the networks are designed and built to the highest security standards as well as developing scripts and/or applications to securely move data as part of a larger system. In addition, the engineer will work with a team of other similarly focused engineers and non-technical partners across the organization.
1. Strong analytical, and problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, determine course of action and act promptly and effectively when problems arise.
2. Extensive knowledge of computer and network security concepts.
3. Experience with operating and maintaining Linux Servers and Desktops.
4. Knowledge of industry best practices for securing virtual machines, hypervisors, virtual desktops etc.
5. Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and Ruby.
6. Proficient with basic networking and VPN technologies.
7. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
8. May perform network administration duties.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Serves as technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Active Secret Security Clearance Required
Provides technical expertise in Navy secure communications systems to end users. • Implements, installs, test, modifies and/or operates complex communications equipment and systems. • Instructs users in the operation and maintenance of the system. • Serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects, to include scheduling and planning of projects. • Work location is at St Julien’s Creek Annex, Portsmouth VA.
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Provides technical expertise in Navy secure communications systems to end users;
1. Implements, installs, test, repairs, modifies and/or operates complex communications equipment and systems.
2. Instructs users in the operation and maintenance of the equipment and systems.
3. Serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects, to include scheduling and planning of projects.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.