Click column header to sort
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
The candidate will serve as a member of the Enterprise Service Desk providing support to the Army Research Laboratory. In addition, they will possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7/10 mixed environment. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, WIM, McAfee products, PKI, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software. Basic networking knowledge and static TCP/IP configurations is helpful. Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and ACD systems is a plus, but not mandatory. Experience with desktop virtualization using VMWare is a plus.
The candidate must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must!
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service; handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 3500
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits
- Configuring and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, lab equipment, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, email configuration, CAC setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Windows Imaging software
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco AnyConnect
- Assist in the tracking of various projects and assignments
- Updating work orders in ticketing system (Currently CA Service Desk), Excel spreadsheets, and various databases (data input)
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
Contract required: Secret clearance, Current CompTIA Security + CE certification, & must be able to obtain an OS certification within 6 months of admin appointment.
The Corrosion Analyst directly supports Corrosion Division Head in the strategic communications and interrelations between SURFMEPP and various
senior Fleet Stakeholders on the ship or class specific corrosion conditions and their impact on expected service life. The Corrosion Analyst develops,
schedules and coordinates the communication platforms utilized by the Corrosion PM such as face to face briefings, Situational Reports (SITREPS)
and Corrosion related articles in Navy related periodicals. Additionally, the Corrosion Analyst will track recurring corrosion deliverables both
internal and external to the command to ensure timely submission of Corrosion requirements.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
- Provides timely response and resolution to e-mail and phone support requests regarding both IT related, application functionality issues
- Utilizes a Help Desk trouble ticketing system to document, monitor and resolve incoming requests and reported issues
- Follows and adheres to Help Desk standards and practices indicated in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs)
- Effectively Documents, Troubleshoots, and Tracks inquiries or issues being received to the Help Desk in order to meet or exceed team/contract (SLAs) Service Level Agreements
- Reviews application detailed designs for first level analysis of issue reported by the end user. Strives to resolve reported issues at First Touch and escalates issues to the appropriate team for further analysis and resolution as required
- Utilizes configuration management tool to write software change requests for suggested enhancements to the application as well as defect notifications as required
- Maintains the Help Desk Knowledge Base as required
- Performs internal and external website administration to include user account administration and document management
- Provides Microsoft Active Directory user account administration
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Manages the day to day operations of the capability
- Arranges/attends/and conducts meetings and briefings to coordinate GEFS3 efforts with NECS, ARCYBER, and supported commands
- Coordinates, executes, and tracks shipments
- Creates documentation, briefings, and project plans necessary to support GEFS3.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
General Dynamics is seeking a professional and highly motived candidate for a Test Automation Engineer position in support of the Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N). Qualified senior level candidates should possess knowledge and experience in design, test automation, and application development. Primary responsibilities and activities will include:
- Ability to work within an AGILE software development and integration environment.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader, participating in special projects as required.
- Manage, automate, and expand local DCGS-N Inc. 2 Test Automation Framework.
- Create and utilize test automation framework for DCGS-N Inc2 Using Selenium, Sikuli, Java, JBehave, TestNG and JRobot to automate functional tests.
- Be proficient in using Java to interface with the Selenium API.
- Be proficient in using Git as a source code repository tool.
- Extensive knowledge using NetBeans or Eclipse for Java development and debugging.
- Define, create, document, verify and execute software test plans.
- Have the flexibility to understand and adapt to sprint timelines working in an independent role while also maintaining the flexibility of performing in a large collaborative environment.
- Have the ability to use a variety of automation tools in provisioning, installation, configuration, and monitoring in support of system architecture design.
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for an organized, proactive, thorough, personable Senior Administrative Assistant to support various Department of Army leaders and to perform complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a program This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland. The administrative support for this position includes the following tasks:
- Provide senior administrative support to the assigned Division/Project Management Office (PMO), to include the Director/Project Manager (PjM), Deputy Director/PjM, Branch Chiefs and staff members to include providing situational back-up support to other Divisions/PMOs and the Office of the Commander.
- Prepare documents in accordance with Army Regulation 25-50, Preparing and Managing Correspondence, to include preparing Department of the Army memorandums, letters, executive summaries, information papers. Manage and track the staffing of correspondence to include preparing Staff Action Summary Sheets - HQ MEDCOM Forms 540.
- Be proficient in the use of the Defense Travel System (DTS) and coordinate numerous travel itineraries simultaneously. Assist division personnel with travel order requests and coordination, and preparation of foreign and domestic travel documents. Become familiar with travel requirements, to include Army Conference Policy, track and monitor pre-travel requirements, and keep traveler informed of travel document status. As required, assist in the preparation of final trip reports and travel expenses for reimbursement.
- Responsible for maintaining calendars for Commanders, PjMs, Directors, Deputies, Branch Chiefs and staff. This includes the use Microsoft Outlook in order to effectively communicate via e-mail with other staff, to schedule multi-person meetings for both personnel internal and external to the Command; and, to manage multiple Outlook Calendars for separate staff members. Alert staff to impending meetings, appointments, and be able to de-conflict meetings and other events.
- Must possess effective communication skills, to include verbal, written and email correspondence, and the ability to work with senior leadership and personnel of higher echelons.
- Maintain solid working relationships with customer; identify customer needs; work to provide courteous, reliable services and solutions in a timely manner; and follow up to ensure customers remain informed and needs addressed.
- Participate in meetings and perform other duties to include, but not limited to, coordinating and scheduling meetings, seminars, audio bridges, VTCs, and DCOs between the Government organization and other internal and external agencies.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas, read ahead documents, minutes and archive documentation in USAMRMC Livelink (EDMS), OneNote, SharePoint, or other electronic document management systems and properly file final documents.
- Edit and maintain technical, budget, programmatic and administrative documentation and references in both paper and electronic versions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) to be able to effectively review and edit division correspondence for changes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, word usage and correct format style for the intended audience in accordance with customer policy and procedures; calendar management, and task management to ensure suspenses and deadlines are met within the Division/PMO.
GDIT is currently seeking an Area Processing Center Administrator at Scott AFB, IL to support the IAFNOS contract, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures network hardware and software.
- Provides network troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Administers network security.
- Backs up file server data/disks.
- Provides minor to moderately complex server maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide facility management services and touch maintenance services for all servers and equipment managed by 690 COG organizations at the APC locations.
- Responsible for monitoring the Area Processing Center for network, server, operating system problems. Provide the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Monitor and controls the performance and status of the network resources.
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher.
- CISCO CCENT is preferred.
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
Shift work may be required.
Current Secret security clearance or higher is required.
Core Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. but shift work possible in order to cover when an underlap exists
Required skills/experience: Management experience, Service delivery tools, understanding of help desk ticketing systems (Service Request, Incident, etc.), understanding of SLA's/KPI's.
Required certifications: N/A
Desired skills/experience: N/A
• Prior management experience
• Lotus Domino
• Lotus Notes
• Service Delivery tools
• Demonstrated success managing enterprise service delivery, ticketing systems to include process workflow of Service Requests, Incidents and Change.
• Self starter, minimal oversight,
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated success with customer engagement and customer satisfaction.
• Good understanding following/developing SOP's and ability to recognize and implement efficiencies in service delivery.
Work in Reston possible as needed.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Core Hours: 9-3
Required skills/experience: Enterprise service delivery, IT ticketing system experience, Team Lead/Manager experience, flexible schedule, developing/updating SOP's, metrics collection and reporting
Required certifications: N/A
Desired skills/experience: Experience managing service delivery workflow, experience managing to SLA's or KPI's, good follow through and attention to detail
Desired certifications: ITIL Foundations
Description: System Operations Center (SOC) Manager is responsible for oversight and technical management of Tier 1 work rhythm, standard operating procedures (SOP's), and coordination of tasks through the enterprise service delivery tool - SupportWorks and managing tickets from Tier 1 through 3.
• Setting a service desk business rhythm
• Managing the service delivery team consisting of Tier 1 resources
• Defining, capturing, and communicating service delivery workflows and tools
• Coordinating the movement of products and platforms from Test to Production environments
• For programmatic tasks, following guidance and procedures from our Project Management Framework (PMF)
• Collaborate with technical resources to ensure resolution of production issues
• Communicate system health and metrics to workforce and Government Operations Manager
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Primary task is Electrical Inspections and Electrical Training.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Develops QA Workbooks. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
11. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a must.
12. Willing to become an Instructor in Cableway Inspections and Copper Connector Fabrication.
GDIT is seeking systems security engineer possessing ISSO and/or C&A experience to audit/assess new and existing systems. This position directly supports the Intelligence Community and Law Enforcement agencies through the design and protection of digital forensic networks and applications. Position offers personal and professional growth in the realm of IA while managing the C&A of both new and legacy systems at strategic and tactical levels. Individual must be able to work independently and as part of a team to perform security systems engineering; security system administration; process/procedure development; security incident investigation; mitigation & response and systems recovery while serving the client's IAS to maintain systems C&A. Initial security clearance requirement is Top Secret however; the position affords a clearance upgrade to SCI, with CI polygraph.
- Performs security requirements analysis for and system design of computer systems with emphasis on system auditing/assessment for the accreditation process.
- Performs computer security incident response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.