Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a COBOL Programmer to analyze, evaluate and develop new and existing web/database applications; working under limited supervision; performing additional duties as assigned.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes enhancements to existing items.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Participates in highly complex projects with customers, managers, end-users.
- Builds and codes applications and/or models using COBOL and DB2.
Would you like to work for GDIT?
GDIT is looking to grow our business by hiring the right candidates with the right talents. Could that be you?
We will hold Interview sessions on July10 & 11, 2019 for job opportunities on the SAIW contract in Chesapeake, VA. Ship and Air Integrated Warfare (SAIW) Communication Systems Modernization (CSM) contract develops, delivers, and sustains communications electronics and combat systems with proven capability and reliability, arming the warfighter with the technology to succeed in every mission and return home safely. Modernization efforts provide US Navy ships and aircraft as well as US Coast Guard, and Military Sealift Command ships with advanced combat, weapon, and unmanned systems.
We will be interviewing and extending immediate job offers to applicants who qualify for the following open positions:
Pipefitters- 1st, 2nd, 3rd class
If you’re interested in these thrilling positions, along with an exciting career with GDIT please apply now!
Please note, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews at the open house.
This Position is not yet funded.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. Our work depends on a Director joining our team to support The Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Productivity Enhancement and Training (PET) initiative.
PET enhances the capability and productivity of the HPCMP community through training, collaboration, tool and software development, technology transfer, and outreach.
As the Director, you will be trusted to support our HPC PET contract located in Huntsville, AL; Dayton, OH; Aberdeen, MD or Vicksburg, MS.
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization
- Serve as liaison between the designated government staff and other managers, and staff.
- Manages the workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously adapting schedule for the assigned staff, cognitive of the criticality, sensitivity, and confidentiality of the issues both internally and externally within the Agency, Congress, other Intelligence Community organizations, and the private sector.
- Maintains an awareness of internal structural levels and hierarchy within the organization by being cognizant of internal and external interrelationships, styles, and methods of operations.
- Performs a comprehensive range of direct executive office support for a designated staff of 4-6 individuals
- Maintains a schedule of appointments that involves maintaining calendars, arranging transportation, reserving conference rooms and coordinating with other attendees.
- Prepares background books and/or talking points papers, as needed.
- Monitors and coordinates e-mail for action items and gleans items from staff meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
- Answers phones; places, screens, and refers calls to appropriate Agency resources; takes messages and follows-up accordingly to ensure adequate resolution of issues and concerns.
- Prepares for visitors by initiating or passing any needed security clearances and escorts visitors as needed.
- Disseminates the executive’s schedule to appropriate staff and acts as liaison between the Senior Executive and others.
- Receives, sorts, and screens incoming mail; categorizes and prioritizes response needed.
- Develops and maintains accurate records and files management systems.
- Makes travel arrangements and itineraries. Accurately prepares expense statements.
- Maintains an efficient office environment; may include assisting in the ordering of supplies, arranging for the repair of office equipment.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Model, develop, implement and test mathematical software based simulations of electrical power and machinery systems for the US Navy. This will involve study, evaluation and analysis of various equipment and system designs to form dynamical Models in Matlab/Simulink for the purpose of Real-Time simulation. This may require the evaluation and system identification of actual system test data and lab results. Expected to work with a team of engineers and technicians to complete deliverable applications and coordinate with government sites and ship platforms.
- Perform advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of next generation US Navy shipboard electrical power systems and machinery.
- Model Control System algorithms that simulate the operation of ships’ propulsion, electric plants and machinery.
- Model Electric Plant, Power Generation, Switchboard, All-Electric Propulsion Systems, Power Electronic Converters and other machinery.
- Create Stateflow diagrams for various logic based Event driven simulations.
- Develop Real-Time executable C Code using Simulink / Embedded Coder tools.
- Develop modules that simulate environmental conditions for sailors to train on and respond to simulated ship operation.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Participates in setting up and conducting laboratory and field testing to include developing test methodologies, test planning and execution, related instrumentation and sensors, and data analysis.
Senior Command Level ASW Trainer at Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center San Diego, CA
Develops; organizes; and conducts Anti-Submarine Warfare training and educational programs for Fleet sailors assigned to U.S. Navy Surface Combatants: Must be a capable of conducting conventional classroom podium teaching as well as leading guided discussion with prospective commanding officers and senior Sea Combat Commander staff personnel.
Position requires ASW SME with Command Level ASW experience in Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures including Battle Group Operations. Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for CO/XO/CSO/DESRON Staff level in the tactical employment at the unit and group level. Must has served in at least one successful command tour of an SQQ-89 equipped warship. Must possess knowledge in all facets of ASW to include Aegis Platforms with SQQ-89, Rotary and Fixed Wings ASW assets, and U.S. subsurface capabilities.
- Performs expert-level development and delivery of highly complex training programs and related materials in support of Senior Level ASW training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- ASW C2 and TTP expertise.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Updates ASW course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Provides work leadership to lower level employees; including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task lead.
- Conducts research into new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
Performs forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence. Identifies network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators, and coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitors Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Position may require evening, weekend or shift-work (depending on operational tempo).
The Watch Officer directly supports the Military Current Operations Director (CJ33). The Watch Officer assists in the coordination, provision of support and monitoring of the current operations of joint, coalition, and Afghan special operations forces (SOF). Helps ensure that current SOF operations are synchronized and deconflicted, both within organic NSOCC-A / SOJTF-A formations, and externally with other elements. The Watch Officer supports coordination within NSOCC-A / SOFTF-A and assists the Current Operations Director with maintaining situational understanding. The Watch Officer assists the current Operations Director with the transmission of information and facilitates the Commanding General’s ability to exercise command and control by passing message traffic. Assists in the accomplishment of site-specific objectives as specified by the COR.
Desired skills/experience: Java, Spring, web services, Vormetric
• Demonstrated experience building web applications using Ruby on Rails.
• Demonstrated experience using Git and Github.
• Demonstrated experience with using AWS cloud technology.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum including iterative and incremental development, daily stand-ups, planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
• Experience integrating enterprise tools.
• Experience with MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Vormetric.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
GDIT has an opportunity for a User Interface (UI) /User Experience (UX) Developer / Web Designer Lead to join our team in the modernization of the Provider Enrollment Chain of Ownership System (PECOS) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), with a heavy emphasis on ensuring that the end-user experience for provider and administrators meets the high standards set by Medicare, America’s most popular healthcare brand. GDIT is seeking truly knowledgeable talent that understand the provider lifecycle, are knowledgeable with the data structures and are highly skilled in their technical execution.
The UI/UX Web Design Lead will be responsible for the user interface design and development of our customer-facing applications and websites with the aspiration to achieve industry-leading web design. In this role you will provide information architecture direction, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of our web development. To be successful, you will have business knowledge that provides the ability, when given business objectives and requirements for any project, to translate these into a cohesive and usable end product.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a full lifecycle of Responsive design: content-first design, logic flows, storyboards, personas, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, sitemaps, high fidelity prototypes, and UI specifications, to provide end-to-end dynamic, database driven design flows
- Constructs pages in HTML and CSS (with SASS), with coding around templating languages or within CMS systems
- Working in an Agile Software Development environment, team with product owners, business analysts, and product development to clarify and define business requirements as they apply to the UI
- Craft UX engagements, particularly in a graphical user interface (GUI) environment, that exceed customer expectations by partnering with key product stakeholders to understand and support product business goals, advocating user-centered design (UCD) industry best practices
- Analyze available usage metrics for trends, patterns, issues, and opportunities for UX optimization
• Designs and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools, including templates using Joomla and WordPress
• Provides support to develop Web based applications including online customer service for agency components to be able to deliver their services online. Builds websites from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, implementing client requirements, presenting crisp and innovative design layouts.
• Provide support in developing the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website
• Provide support for the implementation of interfaces to applications
• Perform HTML coding, 508 compliance, graphics, and content updates, web crawls, and analytics reports
• Tasked to ensure that documents are 508 compliant
• Ability to work in a team environment using the Agile Scrum methodology
• Experience designing and building web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques and tools including templates using Joomla and WordPress.
• Experience providing support to develop Web-based applications from concept to completion, implementing customer requirements, presenting crisp and innovative design layouts.
• Experience providing support in developing the site concept, interface design and architecture of the website.
Develops, codes, deploys, and maintains web applications and websites
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.