Click column header to sort
Contract: I2TS 3
Systems Administrator (L2)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices,
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software
- High School Diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: MCSA Server 2016 (You can start with the first exam completed (70-740) and must obtain the full MCSA Server 2016 within 180 days from start date.)
- TS.SCI Required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hours: 6am-2pm. Position entails file digitization. Candidate will perform data entry on digitized documents as necessary. Will maintain a record of material processed as well as other general administrative duties. Shall coordinate and track document digitization support in order to support program activities. There is no correspondence, report or SOP writing. Rename scanned files and records in a database. Must track the scanned files to ensure went to correct destination. Must complete tasks as assigned and perform quality control of scanned documents. No special functions to be planned, supported, or led. Submit error tickets as necessary.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Health and Civil Service Division, has an opportunity for a Principal SharePoint Developer in Washington, DC to develop sites using primarily out-of-the box SharePoint Online functionality. If necessary, the Principal SharePoint Developer will perform customizations to deliver the required functionality.
The project requires a SharePoint Developer who will support existing Corporate Intranet sites using primarily out-of-the box SharePoint functionality. In addition, new site development and improvements to existing Corporate Intranet will be performed. If necessary, the SharePoint Developer shall perform customizations to deliver the required functionality. The SharePoint Developer must be able to interact with executive-level customers and management to gather requirements and deliver solutions/functionality and work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging deadlines. In addition, the SharePoint Developer must be prepared to perform the following:
- Configure and implement out-of-the box SharePoint sites to include but not be limited to web parts and workflows/service.
- Train staff on the use of system.
- Design and create SharePoint templates.
- Develop metadata and taxonomy based on user requirements to ensure view and structure of application fits user requirements.
- Configure search scopes; configure Permission/Access Control
- Document library and list setup and customization.
- Design and implement out of the box and customized workflows and page views
- Provide support for installation, farm configuration and use.
- Provide consulting support to internal personnel and other customers.
- Provide SharePoint assistance ranging from system information and/or documentation to system configuration and problem resolution.
- Participate in project meetings and initiatives for customers.
- Serve as a resource for solving user problems and confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems.
- Interact with groups as appropriate to efficiently respond to user requests/problems.
- Perform other, within scope, official duties as assigned.
Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of an enterprise-wide system. 1. Performs in a junior project management role. 2. Assists with the development of training documents of application. 3. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met. 4. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements. 5. May perform business development activities. 6. May perform Tier 1 Help Desk support activities. 7. Participates in special projects as required. Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in JIRA is desired
- Strong writing and organizational skills; ability to write clearly in developing Agile Stories
- Ability and strong desire to be part of a new system in development
- Ability to respond to questions from the user base on newly designed system (Tier 1 Help Desk support for this App)
1. Supervisor sets priorities to the technical support teams.
2. Oversees and evaluates quality control of support.
3. Services employees engaged in providing network operation, administration, and support. Supervises non-exempt Technicians.
4. Supervises the day-to-day operations of a network support center or help desk.
5. Supervises assigned staff in support of an organization's networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
6. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
7. Participates in the planning and implementing of software and/or systems upgrades an modifications.
8. Supervises installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
9. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Performs routine tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Participates in the maintenance of telecommunications equipment and the installation, rearrangement, and removal of equipment and associated wiring.
3. Participates in the testing, location, and repair of equipment problems associated with trouble calls and performs routine maintenance.
4. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
5. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
JOB SUMMARY: Reports to the IA Lead. Provides IA support for the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) A6 directorate.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Under direction from the Information System Security Manager, perform accreditation activities for all USAFA assets implementing controls, policies and instructions as identified within the Risk Management Framework. Develop information systems assurance programs and control guidelines in support of USAFA program managers. Advise USAFA system administrators on security policies and procedures while resolving technical problems, establishing priorities, and determining methods for end user security matters. Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols. Assess risks, identifiy mitigation strategies, and develop accreditation recommendations. Communicate accreditation issues to both technical and non-technical peers and management. Prepares technical vulnerability reports for briefing to USAFA/A6.
SECONDARY DUTIES: Perform DOD Security Technical Information Guide assessments, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution scans, security control assessments, and security network reviews. Develop technical solutions and new security processes to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks. Assist system owners in the interpretation, application, and compliance with risk management framework requirements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Monitor and respond to inquiries within the IA component of the CIPS database.
Designs, fabricates, modifies, and evaluates electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices.
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for being part of a team supporting our customer. He or she will collect, analyze and execute project requirements and have daily interaction with the customer.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.