Click column header to sort
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Provide support the Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center (SMWDC) Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Division (SMWDC IAMD) by providing subject matter expert (SME) advice and assistance in the areas of Advanced tactical Training (ATT), Operational Suppport, Tactical and Operational-level doctrine review and writing, Capability Analysis, Assessments and Experimentation.
Serves as Shipboard Alteration Installation Structural Leader. Assists AIT Lead in the coordination of workload, and supervises the documentation and upkeep of QA Logbooks, Production logs and Timesheets. Leads personnel fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic, mechanical and other types of components and equipment in support of Ship and Air Integrated Warfare Systems (SAIW) installations.. Tasked with ensuring strict compliance with Shipboard Drawings, Technical Guidance, Shipyard operating rules and effective operation of fielded systems. Must be proficient in the following;
- Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
- Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
- Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
- Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of considerable complexity.
- Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
- Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the fabrication, testing, and modification of mechanical components.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
- Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer
Senior member of the system engineering team for a major DOD enterprise network. Actively monitors operational condition of all systems. Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Collaborates with other system engineers or application owners to design solutions for customers.
- Identifies hardware, software and services required to meet customer needs.
- Manages system stability, operation, and scalability.
- Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting systems and designing new solutions.
- Evaluate current or developing technologies to consider for implementation weighing such factors as cost, compatibility, and usability.
- Communicate with customers to understand current and future requirements for their systems and be able to speak on their behalf to the configuration management team.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, new processes, and procedures.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance to include installing or upgrade hardware or software.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Evaluate existing systems to suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Communicate project information through technical reports and presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints. Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems. Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
- Performs data analysis, interpretation and management duties.
- Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
- Ensures the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Consults with the external clients and internal staff to determine data management needs and objectives.
- May be responsible for database design, administration, security, and maintenance.
- Prepares presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis.
- Provides data-related training to staff.
- Coordinates with scientists and other technical experts to design and develop statistical analyses methodologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) in Falls Church, VA is seeking a Sr. Director Human Resources Business Partner to Lead our Federal Civilian Division comprised of 9,500 employees and a team of 10 HR professionals. The Federal Civilian Division partners with government agencies and healthcare organizations to solve their most complex problems, transform services, and deliver mission-critical operations. If you have a Human Resources background and would like to explore an exciting and fast-paced environment where no two days are alike…we invite you to contact us and learn more about our opening!
We bring the BEST PEOPLE with the BEST IDEAS to deliver the BEST PERFORMANCE! We bring together creative thought leaders, subject matter experts and program managers to help solve the biggest challenges facing our country. Our professional and personal development
programs and our culture create a thriving environment for teams and individuals to excel.
As the Sr. Director of Human Resources for the Federal Civilian Division you will be responsible for establishing trust with business leaders and partnering with cross-functional global and regional teams, including our HR Centers of Excellence (COE), Finance, Contracts, Division Growth Team, and other GDIT teams to drive solution-based responses to client needs. In this role the ideal candidate will:
- Operate as an HR Leader who is viewed as a true business partners who is progressive, responsive, consultative, and collaborative in driving win-win solutions to support business success.
- Translate business financial and operating goals into a high performance driven culture that supports an environment of transparency and accountability, where Brilliant Teams and performance are the expected norm.
- Develop and implement innovative talent strategies that offer the best employee experience possible, to include talent development, employee mobility, employee retention, and recognizing and rewarding high performing individuals.
- Ensure positive partnerships with HR Center of Excellence (COE) groups, including Total Reward, Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Talent Analytics, Culture and Engagement, and HR Analytics to provide client solutions.
- Implement and drive performance with metrics and reporting. Identify trends based on available data to develop actions to improve employee satisfaction and engagement, driving lower attrition rates across the enterprise.
- Provide coaching to Program Leadership and influence matters relating to people.
- Plan, execute and implement HR cross-functional projects and process improvement initiatives while meeting deadlines timely and managing to a specific budget.
- Provide mentoring and career development to the HR Business Partner Team to strengthen their capabilities, build functional expertise and foster a collaborative, values-driven team culture of high standards, strong productivity and innovation
At GDIT we believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Deep understanding of the principles and practical application of HR functions in a global corporate environment
- Outstanding critical thinking, combined with both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and the ability to use sound judgment, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including articulating complex analytical topics to a wide audience, who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information at all times
- Ability to stay calm and effective while handling multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizing responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work internally across all teams as well as externally with partners and vendors
- Dedicated self-starter, who takes initiative with minimal direction and understands concepts quickly
- Problem solver, who solves issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange. Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Provide technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business.
Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS.
Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with OCS 2007 R2, 2010, 2013. Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups. Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. Responds to computer security breaches and viruses.
GDIT's Military Health Solutions business unit is currently hiring a Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator to join our team in support of the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) located at the Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, NC. The Research Nurse Coordinator will perform clinical research and patient treatment in conjunction with a specified clinical research protocol(s). S/he will educate and interview patients regarding research studies.
As the traumatic brain injury (TBI) Pathway of Care manager within the Military Health System (MHS), the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) promotes state-of-the-science care from point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans, and their families to prevent and mitigate consequences of mild to severe TBI.
Learn More About DVBIC HERE
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Performs clinical research and patient treatment in conjunction with a specified clinical research protocol.
- Educates the patients and their families on the research protocol and what the patient responsibilities are.
- Recruits and interviews patients to collect data on health history and lifestyle practices.
- Reviews new patient records and screens patients for eligibility for participating in research protocol.
- Administers appropriate drugs to patients as necessary.
- Draws blood and obtains other specimens as required.
- Identifies problems in the research design or analysis methodology and trends in patient reactions to treatment.
- Collects, organizes, catalogs, disseminates, and maintains appropriate files of current data.
- Maintains weekly/monthly status reports on all patients.
- Schedules patient visits/evaluations/examinations, follow-up or repeat visits/evaluations/examinations, treatments, and laboratory tests required by the protocol.
- Communicates with the Department of Clinical Investigation (DCI) and other appropriate departments and/or institutions ensuring compliance with regulatory affairs and requirements of relevance to the Institutional Review Boards (IRB), as requested.
- Adheres to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- May develop and maintain regulatory documentation related to clinical investigations May analyze and interpret data.
- Assist in the development of reports and presents clinical results at local and national meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of research articles for publication in scientific journals.
Serves as a natively-fluent Arabic social media specialist supporting a web-based social media program at MacDill AFB. Develops and maintains expertise with designated regional issues and draws upon publicly available online information resources. Reads, analyzes, and drafts communications regarding regional and ideological discussions in specified foreign language media environments. Examines current media statements or postings to support trend analysis and identifies key communicators. Demonstrates reading and writing expertise in the assigned language and incorporates custom social media solutions to comprehend online environments and communicate trends effectively. Assists with operations planning. Demonstrates knowledge of online social media and different technologies, and documents activities, notes, informative papers, or whitepapers written in English. Some travel may be required. Ability to work nonstandard hours and in on-call status for periods of time may be required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.