Click column header to sort
Provide program and logistic support for MK 32 SVTTs and associated equipment/subsystems for both ship and land based site installations.
Conduct technical assessments and inspections, provide engineering technical services, and program/logistics support for MK-32 SVTTs and associated equipment/subsystems both ship and land based site installations.
This position is not yet funded.
GDIT is seeking a Documentation Specialist to support an ongoing US Government program in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. This is a non-TESA position.
- Provide records and document management support services, to include the following tasks.
- Administer the Knowledge Management Portal to ensure records are easily accessible when required in accordance with documented policies and standard operation procedures (SOP)
- Track and review documents for expiration and ensure they are addressed in accordance with documented policies and SOPs.
- Prepare support documentation and training materials for end users of the Knowledge Portal, and trouble-shoot problems in accessing electronic content.
- Assist in the development of document or content classification taxonomies to facilitate information capture, search, and retrieval.
- Propose recommendations for improving document management system capabilities.
Network Services is currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance. Candidate must be able to remotely administer Cisco/Juniper devices and General Dynamics/Third Party encryptors.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks
- Extensive experience monitoring and configuration of crypto equipment; extensive crypto experience may be substituted Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Experience with both LAN and WAN troubleshooting Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment
- Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by GDIT Management.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors)
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
- Participates in special projects as required.
Weekend work is required to correspond with enterprise outage windows.
Ability to work independently within a Team Concept.
Certifications: IAT II (required) CCNA (desired)
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain Poly.
Required skills/experience: Experience creating user interfaces and integrating project components; experience creating systems that process large amounts of data with the capability to display relevant information to users; experience creating and enhancing text analysis systems that leverage COTS capabilities and machine learning algorithms; experience designing, developing and testing application capabilities; experience building and implementing applications to process large amounts of unstructured data, with the goal of providing predictive insights
• Design and develop tools that integrate with commercial applications
• Design and develop database management systems, data manipulation techniques and data visualization techniques
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure design outcomes and consequences
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation
• Conduct trial runs of program and software applications to make sure they produce the desired results, and that the instructions for running those programs are correct
• Create documentation of application development activities and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the code to help others understand relevant functions, processes and procedures
• Help write or contribute to instructional manuals to guide end users
• Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow charts and diagrams to take advantage of computer capabilities and symbolic logic
• Design, develop and maintain applications within the cloud environment
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
Required skills/experience: Experience programming for human-centered design and user interface/user experience (UI/UX) to create and improve upon information technology workflows; experience creating wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and other artifacts related to human factors system designs; significant on-the-job experience communicating effectively with team members and presenting UI/UX findings and artifacts to management and other stakeholders; experience documenting and analyzing results from ethnographic research, including user workflows; experience leading user feedback and other brainstorming sessions; experience with interface prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Fireworks or InVision
Required certifications: Any certification relating to software interface design
Desired skills/experience: Experience working within a customer organization; experience in software interface design, development and implementation; experience with rapid prototyping and Agile development methodologies; experience conducting research and using research finding to develop ideas into production systems
Desired certifications: Any certification relating to Human-Centered Design such as LUMA Institute, Stanford D-School, OPM Lab
• Collaborate with existing customers and contractors to design software user interfaces for technologies that help users understand datasets
• Design interfaces for software applications (wireframes, paper and system prototypes and other artifacts)
• Maintain strong communication with users and stakeholders regarding technology and workflow requirements
• Conduct interviews and organize feedback sessions on prototype iterations, validating hypotheses and document changes
• Identify users and stakeholders to create an outreach plan to conduct ethnographic research
• Lead brainstorming sessions where required
• Strengthen collaboration and partnership between users, developers and enterprise organizations
• Work with training partners to incorporate new capabilities into the training curriculum
• Coordinate with customers and other stakeholders on project activities
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
Senior Maintenance and Material Management tasks in support of the Strategic Operations and Plans (SOaP) GCSS-Army Team
- Assist and support units during conversion to Global Combat Support System - Army (GCSS-Army) Wave 2 by providing technical support and oversight vital to the successful deployment of GCSS-Army Wave 2. Provide material management support during the integration of GCSS-Army in CENTCOM Theater. Have continuous visibility and knowledge of all units entering and exiting the AOR and provide reports as required on all aspects of GCSS-Army Wave 2 implementation during the fielding process.
- Provide training, oversight, and technical support for incoming and outgoing units within the CENTCOM AOR on GCSS-Army.
- Participate in organization change management and planning meetings, monitor and report the status of unit pre-conversion data cleansing efforts, ensure the Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) property book and all versions of Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E) and unit supply records match the information on the property book.
- Contractor is also responsible but not limited to tracking the status and providing assistance of the SAMS-E data validation against Property Book and MTOE, MMDF and table B2 configuration validation, the removal of erroneous equipment, assisting operators with input of missing equipment, correct corrupted work orders / part DOC / faults, repair service data, run adhoc reports to validate missing critical data input, merge predefined tasks and projected man-hours IAW MAC table to accommodate on- hand assigned equipment, merge and separate UICs as required, check list of items to be validated and corrected by the user and provide a final analysis of errors found and repaired along with unit responsible corrections.
- Provide continuous visibility and material management on all aspects of GCSS-A following the Wave 2 conversion, implementation and fielding process.
- Provide a daily CENTCOM Materiel Readiness report for the theater and weekly equipment readiness charts for the Commander’s top 20 and any other requested equipment/fleet within the CENTCOM AOR, using Business Intelligence reports available within GCSS-Army.
- Establish contact with Field Service Representatives, Logistics Assistance Representatives, and The Defense Logistics Agency to gather information on issues influencing readiness.
- Attend, on a weekly basis, all meetings requiring a Material Readiness representative. The primary purpose for these meetings is to discuss or present equipment readiness or maintenance status, but may include GCSS-A sustainment topics or reoccurring logistics updates to the chain of command.
- Provide oversight of maintenance issues impacting force readiness. Determine requirements and maintenance capabilities for supported units of the command, conduct theater maintenance trend analysis, and identify equipment maintenance issues. Coordinate resolution with the appropriate elements.
VoIP/Unified Capabilities Network Engineer
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
Works closely with Architects/Engineers to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware
Providing engineering analysis and resolving voice/call center issues, determining and documenting problem root causes
Providing technical training, documentation, and technical assistance to Help Desk personnel and other organizations
Work with network operations group to resolve SIP/Cisco/Skype problems
Work closely with Help Desk personnel and vendors for upgrade/change device hardware and software
Help Desk / Systems Administrator
The candidate will manage the functionality and efficiency of a help desk ticketing software, which may include SharePoint, CRM or SolarWinds running on one or more operating systems.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades for the help desk ticketing software
Diagnose, troubleshoot and fix computer systems issues related to the help desk ticketing software
Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support for ensuring the help desk software is operating as intended
Recommending software and hardware enhancements to ensure the continued support for customers
The creation, modification and coordination of workflows to support high OPTEMPO environment
File Maintenance personnel are responsible for the processing and tracking of documentation pertaining to security background investigation requests from military, civilian and industrial sources.
- Track files released to other facilities;
- Conduct a biannual file audit and report findings to the USG;
- Create and maintain files as required;
- File correspondence and documentation;
- Archive any purged the files of individuals who have been debriefed;
- Manage files that require expedited processing;
- Assist with general office duties including photocopying, faxing, packing, data entry, and mailing documents;
- Maintain confidentiality of assets and information pertaining to personnel security;
- Capable of reaching over their heads and bending to the floor to retrieve files;
- Transport files from the customer facility to the archive facility located offsite.
- Participates in special projects as required.
PART TIME POSITION 20 HOURS PER WEEK
Provide support for logistics (PMS, EOSS, NMD (Navy Maintenance Database, One Touch) to assist the Program with logistics issue and fleet requests.
Develops initial provisioning documentation and updates to Navy configuration for Navy Allowance parts lists/Allowance equipment lists to provide supply support for US Navy HM&E systems and equipment.
Provides support for logistics (PMS, EOSS, NMD (Navy Maintenance Database, One Touch) to assist the Program with logistics issue and fleet requests.
Follows established logistics plans for the provisioning of technical documentation.
Relay verbally and in writing the actions taken to accomplish the established plans.
Maintains schedules and timelines as required by customer and ship delivery schedule.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant ship board HM&E equipment.
Will and track Engineering Change Proposals within the Program. .
Position will be Part time and located in Philly Navy Yard working for GDIT.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.