Click column header to sort
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
Motorola systems experienced professional who performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Human Subjects Program Manager to join our team. The position will support our client at the Office of Research Protection - US Army Medical Research and Material Command (MRMC). This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland.
Learn more –http://mrmc.amedd.army.mil/index.cfm?pageid=about.overview
- Serve as Project Manager and provide on-site supervision of contract personnel assigned to the ORP. Function as a HSPS and manage a small caseload of protocols to ensure he/she remains current on process and can provide appropriate guidance to contract staff.
- Provide on-site, day-to-day work supervision for the contract personnel employed at the ORP, to include assigning work to HRPO contractor personnel.
- Maintain a positive work environment to facilitate staff success in their job performance.
- Ensure that personnel are adequately oriented to their duties and to the standards and expectations of the ORP within the initial 3 months of employment (with accommodation for Common Access Card issuance delay).
- Provide quality assurance oversight for contractor activities and ensure that deliverables meet all timeliness and quality standards.
- Coordinate with the HRPO and IRBO senior leadership on matters relating to the contractor’s conduct of all aspects of human subjects protection and cadaver use compliance oversight, to include regulatory reviews, participation in investigators meetings, staff assistance visits, and completion of special projects as requested by the leadership of HRPO and IRBO.
- oversee all aspects of the contractors’ responsibilities for protocol lifecycle management from initial proposal/protocol review through receipt of the final study report, and shall ensure that protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, reportable study events, and final report actions are comprehensively reviewed for compliance with Federal, DoD, DA, state, host nation, and USAMRMC regulations, policies, and guidelines and human research ethical standards.
- Coordinate with onsite Team Leads to manage team workload, monitor and report team productivity, serve an immediate expert resource for all team members and as a mentor for new personnel.
- Ensure that accurate regulatory and procedural guidance are provided in a timely and professional manner.
- Contractor support for the HRPO electronic review transition plan to a new electronic review and archive system.
- Ensure that all additional contractor duties are performed in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform supervisory functions for contractor staff and monitor quality of deliverables and workplace performance.
- Provide expert human subjects protection advice to staff when requested.
- Assign appropriate HSPS and HSPS Administrative Support contractor personnel to provide support for the Electronic HRPO review transition plan to a new electronic protocol review and archive system.
- Ensure continued and up-to-date HSPS professional competency through continuing education and participation in other professional activities.
- Provide a Monthly Progress Report.
GDIT has an opportunity for a Senior Information Security Analyst working with a large line of business within GDIT that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service delivery for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA). The Senior Information Security Analyst will be a member of the PFPA Cyber Security team and serve an integral role in executing key Cyber Management activities for the PFPA organization. The Sr Information Security Analyst will perform the following specific tasks:
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Maintains the patch management process to include working with stakeholders, maintaining SOP’s, and provide trending metrics.
- Maintains the password management process.
- Evaluates firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and system scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Conducts HBSS administration support
- Conducts SCCM and YUM administration support to meet compliance
- Conducts administration of ACAS systems
- Provides technical analysis support for Cyber security initiatives
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems Engineer with a Project Management focus is needed to provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include: requirements elicitation and reviews, analysis and functional allocation, developing concepts of operation and interface specification, developing system architectures, performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end workflow and process analysis. Deliver Project Management/Integration support to awarded tasks under the ITEMS DCS contract adhering to community standards for Project Management to support the delivery, testing, analysis and deployment of new capabilities. Perform continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle. The candidate will also engage project stakeholders on a regular basis and work to deliver sound engineering solutions within the scope of the project. Other project integration duties as assigned.
The candidate will be required to exhibit good communication and customer support skills:
* Must demonstrate Project Management fundamentals utilizing approved tools and techniques in the execution of awarded IT activities to include scheduling, execution and monitoring/controlling
* Must be able to effectively communicate across the Program, with the client, stakeholders and with other contractors
* Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or with a small team
* Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
* Must be able to manage priorities across multiple projects
* Must be able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality work products
The Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
* Create quality analytical products to include visualizations, briefs, workflows, diagrams and reports.
* Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
* Identify and document requirements changes and assess their impacts on the program baseline requirements
* Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, project schedules, requirements plan such as SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
* Lead the identification, baselining, and management of all project change requirements for all Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRQs)
The position is an SI/SE (Technical SI) that will work with the Chief and Deputy Chief of the organization. This includes IDL, Data Flow and Conditioning and one other restricted data layer.
- Program Management experience - scheduling tasks, defining milestones, Agile development techniques, risk mitigation, issue resolution (MS Project preferred)
- Technical competence at the conceptual level - understanding of data fundamentals including developing code, DevOps, Extract/Translate/Load, encryption, storage, access control, discovery and search, and retrieval. (experience with code operation and maintenance and cloud development are desired)
- Ability to work independently and in teams, particularly in situations where there is no line authority
- Ability to assemble program status and technical concept briefings
- Ability to research answers to program and technical capability and status questions.
- Highly accountable for completion of tasks and results across the organization
- Other admin duties (collating data, scheduling, agendas etc.)
This a great position to help leverage idea's across the entire organization, not just the Division, if the person has the right level of experience to develop the relationships and influence other divisions as well.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Lead Technician, Systems – Field Service Technician (L2) - Network Operations Center Technician
Location: Charlottesville, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS3 Field Service Technician will:
- Provide Tier I and II support of Network issues, trouble calls and incidents
- Perform initial troubleshooting, diagnosis and capture of incident information
- Determine when TIER III resources needed and if necessary, coordinate for action
- Oversee & track the maintenance schedule to ensure completion and minimize downtime
- Provide advice, training and initial basic troubleshooting to end users
- Troubleshoot and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Compile reports of outages, trends and analysis of pertinent health information of IT Systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts and maintain system documentation
- Monitor and report Solar Winds alarms, work with TIER III Engineers for corrective actions
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Familiarity with Solar Winds and theory of operation
- Understanding of Cryptographic Technology and how it impacts network operations
- Basic understanding of MS SharePoint for dissemination of information
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment Certification or higher: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Certification requirements can always change based on the contractual or customer requirement to support the customer’s mission.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
- 7.5% differential pay
- This position is at night, weekends and holidays.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required skills/experience: Big data, statistical software, scenario/alternative analyses, machine learning, Pentaho, custom scripting, data science, data architecture, Oracle based technologies, software development, data analysis, XML, JSON, SQlLte databases, PCAP, Tableau, Kiabana
• Ability to acquire, process and refine large or complex data sets from various sources utilizing computer programming where necessary
• Analyze, evaluate, and assess quantitative data using statistical software (computer models, geospatial models, software languages, mathematical models) to contribute to or develop software tools, analytic models, or report
• Anticipate and project a wide range of possible outcomes using scenario/alternative analyses, machine learning or other advanced analytic techniques
• Demonstrated experience developing new data workflow and approaches using Pentaho and custom scripting to handle high volume, heterogeneous data used to identify patterns, correlations, trends, and relationships
• Experience in data science methodology to integrate systems engineering and data science techniques
• Demonstrated experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design, and data systems implementation especially with Oracle-based technologies such as MySQL, NoSQL technologies like ElasticSearch, and distributed systems like Hadoop, or HPCC
• Demonstrated experience in data analysis of structured and unstructured data, including financial, web, event and travel data
• Demonstrated experience with two or more: XML, JSON, SQlLte databases, PCAP. Demonstrated experience in developing customer data visualizations using COTS products like Tableau or Kiabana
• Demonstrated experience working independently to formulate and execute project plans, leading teams of data engineer and analysts, providing training on the use of new tools, technologies and data sets
• Demonstrated experience manipulating and deriving actionable information from large data sets
• Demonstrated experience with development in a Unix/Linux environment, bash scripting, deploying code, using servers and virtual machines
• Demonstrated experience in bulk analysis of systems log data, COTS and custom-developed Natural Language Processing (NLP) and text analytics, content analysis tools, algorithms as well as developing or implementing machine learning, statistical analysis, and NLP techniques on bulk data
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
Required Skills/experience: close support, system administration, active directory
Desired skills/experience: Knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques
Desired Certifications: Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, A+Certification, Security+Certification
• Directly related work experience in a technical help desk position supporting Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2003 or later, Internet Explorer, and business applications used within a business environment
• Detailed oriented as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making
• Experience with TCP/IP and general networking issues
• Experience providing superior customer service and support
• Experience working effectively in a team environment, communicating effectively, resolving issues efficiently, and contributing to the improvement of the infrastructure
• Experience with virus scanning services; Desktop, stand-alone and laptop computing services
• Experience with servers, printers and peripheral services
• Experience with Data transfer services
• Experience with ticket tracking, closing, and escalating issues; assisting in installing peripheral IT items and Access administration
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills, successful in working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• CMA/DMA/MCSA desired
• Experience excellent listening and writing skills
• O&M experience
• Ability to work independently; and manage multiple task assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to describe how to use an application, system, etc.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Required Skills/Experience: Experience providing application level user support, the ability to conduct technical troubleshooting for web applications and familiarity with JIRA/Confluence/SharePoint for documentation; Willing to travel (largely within WMA); Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Desired Skills/Experience: Conducting in person and online training, basic skills in Boolean search creation, familiarity with generating system user metrics (users, searches performed, etc), understanding of customer mission and tradecraft
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Provide technical support for the following equipment:
AN/USQ 208 CANES System Technician
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.