Click column header to sort
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Systems Administrator (L2)
Location: Fort Drum, New York
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator level 2 will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: MCSA Server 2016 (You can start with the first exam completed (70-740) and must obtain the full MCSA Server 2016 within 180 days from start date.)
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required to support the mission
GDIT is seeking an Associate Network Technician that provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. The candidate must be able to work 3rd shift.
The technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems using hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures network hardware and software.
- Provides network troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- May administer network security.
- Backs up file server data/disks.
- Provides minor server maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Operate, integrate, fielded constructive simulation models in support of exercises and training in classrooms and work cells, reconfigurable tactical operations centers (RTOCs), vehicle pads, and other related training locations.
- Maintain (update as required) the existing training support packages that integrate training products, materials, and other pertinent information necessary to train in LVCG environments.
- Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
- Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced instructors.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs network defense and security analysis to sustain the defense measures throughout the network enterprise. Performs forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence. Identifies network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators. Investigates computer fraud or other electronic crimes, crack files and system passwords, detects steganography and recovers deleted, fragmented and corrupted data from digital media of all types. Ensures chain of custody and control procedures, documents procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports. May be required to testify in court as expert witnesses.
Performs cybersecurity analsys to prepare for cyber adversarial activities. Conduct forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence. Identifies network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators. Investigates computer fraud or other electronic crimes, crack files and system passwords, detects steganography and recovers deleted, fragmented and corrupted data from digital media of all types. Ensures chain of custody and control procedures, documents procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports. May be required to testify in court as expert witnesses.
Performs web-based application programming and development activities. Conducts technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Supports and maintains the systems/network equipment to meet the operational goals and objectives. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
As senior operations subject matter expert, designs and plans systems/network equipment to meet the mission objectives. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Join a team that leads in cyber with the top technical cyber talent, range of customer experience, and emerging technology to address tomorrow’s cyber threats. Our service model approach to secure, operate, and defend is predicated on ensuring the skill-set of our staff remains on the cutting edge of technology through our virtual training platform and Cyber Range.
Seeking candidates with experience using cyber tools such as: Splunk, ArcSight, Fidelis, or FireEye.
Functional duties consist of:
- Comprehensive monitoring of cyber tools, reviewing system and application logs, intrusion detection alerts for indication unauthorized activity, insider threat, or criminal behavior punishable by law, code or statue.
- Discover, identify, mitigate and report intentional or unintentional unauthorized use of customer information and information systems.
- Monitor for fraud, waste and abuse, including content inappropriate to the workplace, Illegal Activity, Productivity Loss and Non-Compliant Activity and provide support to Threat Mitigation Cell, Law Enforcement, General Counsel, Inspector General, customer privacy Office, and the customer Operations Security (OPSEC) Office through investigative research, forensic examination, internet monitoring and formal reporting.
- Identity Leakage (PII) Related, DoD Directive 54000.1, Privacy Program, which constitutes detection of SSN#s, Credit card information and other Personally Identifiable information.
- Determine if information constitutes a violation of Personally Identifiable information especially when the information is sent outside Government network, Information does not belong to person sending it, information is not encrypted or password protected.
- Produces case evidence and reports.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that is important.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cannot turn into opportunity. Our work depends on a Social Science Research Analyst joining our team to support our contract with HHS’ Office of Childcare (OCC).
As a Social Science Research Analyst, you will be trusted to evaluate and maintain data submitted by various agencies to ensure accuracy and consistency with specified government regulations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducts first level QA review of all incoming data, with ability to identify problems and make effective use of available resources for solutions
- Assists in tracking and recording project activities and information
- Provides ongoing technical assistance (TA) and training to data-submitting agencies via phone, fax, e-mail, and in-person
- Maintains meticulous electronic records of all communications with customers/clients
- Assists in preparation of data summaries/reports (graphic and tabular) for written and oral presentation, and makes in-person presentations to both large and small groups
- Assists or takes the lead in developing TA documents that provide guidance for reporting requirements
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.