Click column header to sort
The APHC’s mission is to promote health and prevent disease, injury, and disability of Soldiers and military retirees, their families, and the Department of the Army civilian employees; and assure effective execution of full spectrum veterinary service for Army and Department of Defense Veterinary missions. GDIT is seeking an Equipment Repairer. He/She will serve under the guidance of the Medical Maintenance Officer from whom assignments are received in the form of Work Orders, verbal direction, rough sketch or blueprint. He/She will have full responsibility for independently performing technical phases of the work and for carrying assignments through to completion.
Find out more here
Join our TalentNetwork
Serves under the guidance of the Medical Maintenance Officer from whom assignments are received in the form of Work Orders, verbal direction, rough sketch or blueprint. Has full responsibility for independently performing technical phases of the work and for carrying assignments through to completion.
The Medical Equipment Repairer provides for the safe and reliable operation of laboratory equipment and systems. As a Medical equipment repairer the employee will inspect, install, troubleshoot, maintain, test, calibrate, adjust, and repair a wide variety of medical and laboratory equipment. Typical examples of equipment serviced include ultracentrifuges, ultrasonic equipment, , labware washers, necropsy equipment, temperature sensitive monitoring devices, laboratory refrigerator and freezers. They maintain and repair chemical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, suction and pressure systems which may include water, steam, air, gas under pressure, and piped gas lines associated with equipment serviced. Medical equipment repairers determine nature and extent of repairs required by checking equipment for malfunctions, requiring the tracing of wiring, broken or worn parts, leaks, feedback, and interference. They check voltage tolerances, amperage, power supplies, wave shape, frequency resonance, deflection time, decay curve, gain, balance, and signal sensitivity against prescribed tolerances and specifications. The repairers plan and carry out work assignments using blueprints, schematic drawings, technical manuals, wiring diagrams, liquid and air flow sheets, and other specifications. Medical equipment repairers test equipment after repair and also new equipment to assure proper functioning; conduct preventive maintenance inspection of equipment; performs acceptance inspections for new equipment; performs technical inspections for classification of equipment identified for turn in; performs periodic checks to insure that using personnel are following proper preventive maintenance procedures. Use the Defense Medical Logistics Supply Support (DMLSS) system to manage and record all equipment maintenance requirements and actions. Contractor is NOT expected to perform any proprietary maintenance required by the equipment’s manufacturer, nor to have any manufacturer-specific expertise.
Receives work assignments orally or through work orders. Independently determines the nature of trouble and extent of repairs required and completes repairs following established trade practices and procedures, using technical manuals, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams, liquid and air flow sheets, and other specifications. Performs operational tests after repairs have been completed or when new equipment is received to assure that equipment is operating within prescribed limits so that lives are not endangered. Completed work is reviewed for adherence to specification and accepted trade practices. Maintains records of work through the use of established automated systems.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software using PL/SQL in Oracle 11g/12c.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Develops and implements quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization. Develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for an experienced System administrator. This position is based in Frederick, MD and will support the Department of the Army. The support for this position includes the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for the technical design, planning, and implementation of mission critical server systems.
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for VMware and Windows operating systems. Perform all facets of systems administration within server environment using VMware and Microsoft Windows based servers.
- Hardens all facets of the server environment in accordance with government security requirements (STIG’s). This includes, server operating systems, storage, and backup systems.
- Helps develop SOP’s, work instructions, and procedures related to the management of the enclave.
- Manages day to day operations of servers by monitoring performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
- Designs, plans, and implements server components in accordance with customer requirements.
- Completes routine maintenance updates on systems and works with vendors as required.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for installation and management of host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries, and other components.
- Develops documentation and work instructions related to procedures and processes within the work environment.
- Stays current with technological developments in system administration technology and recommends ways for customer to take advantage of new technology.
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is currently seeking a Senior Proposal Writer / Technical Editor to join our team! This position can sit in either our Falls Church, VA or Chantilly, VA offices. In this role you will be responsible for the development, planning, and writing of compliant and compelling proposal content. As a key member of the proposal team, you will support GDIT Capture Managers and Proposal Managers in the planning and development of proposal win themes, and identification of discriminators, benefits, and key features of technical and management solutions on proposals across the entire enterprise.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a strategic role as we work together to create the Next GDIT and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to critical technology and mission challenges. The extent of our portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands. The responsibility for determining our customers’ needs and priorities and helping to shape customer acquisitions to position GDIT to win makes this both a challenging and rewarding opportunity!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Volume Lead and/or Lead Writer for Technical and Management Sections of proposals ranging in value from $100M to $1B+. Expert knowledge and hands-on experience using Microsoft Project to develop program and transition schedules is a key requirement for this position.
- Lead a team of technical/management writers to harmonize proposal writing across the volume and to ensure one voice in presenting proposal content.
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts and operations staff to collect data required for technical proposal development.
- Write, edit, and revise technical materials and coordinates with technical personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze RFP requirements, and participates in color team reviews.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and work leadership to less experienced Proposals Writers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Participate in the continuing quality improvement initiatives.
Directly supports the Public Affairs Director to assist in advising commanders at all levels. Assists in developing PA plans and programs. Assists the Director in formulating and releasing command messages to the RS PAO. Serves as liaison between the PA director, commander and all units. Provides coordination and representation in planning and operations as needed. Prepares, produces, and distributes printed and electronic information to down trace units and RS PAO. Assists in the development and acquisition of print and visual information products in support of command programs used in installation command communication channels. Assists the director in advising the commander on audience attitudes and perceptions of policies, programs, and information needs. Conducts regular assistance visits to command units to assess their PA programs and determine the commander’s needs for support. Assists in the accomplishment of campaign plan specific goals as specified by the COR. Does not speak or release information on behalf of the U.S. Government.
GDIT has an opportunity for a Sr. Virtualization Engineer, who will thrive in a cyber-training academy setting. The successful candidate should have a strong technical background and have the ability to analyze local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices. Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms, including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, and teleconferencing. Configure systems to the user environment. Candidate must be self-directed, quick learner who can translate internal and external requests into a functioning, efficiently designed, virtual infrastructure that enables next-gen cyber exercises. This position requires an individual to possess a minimum Secret clearance.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Provides expert level technical support for the core components of the infrastructure environment, including client, server and enterprise software services
- Designs, implements, validates and supports standard qualified infrastructure systems based on innovative, industry-standard solutions.
- Isolates and resolves system problems, analyzes support patterns to proactively prevent issues, researches and develops new support processes, and assists with strategic planning of shared computing services.
- Continuous education is required to maintain competency in a fast changing technical environment
- Support today's technology while researching and understanding tomorrows
Provides database development and support for full lifecycle software development to include the requirements gathering, design, development, testing, documentation, configuration, and maintenance of developed databases, stored procedures, functions and reports. Maintains existing data structures and elements. Familiarity with C#, MVC and web based application development a plus.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a detail oriented, personable, multi-tasking Program Analyst with Technology Transfer. This position is based in Fort Detrick, MD and will support the Department of the Army. The support for this position includes the following tasks:
- Coordinate all work efforts with the Chief Office of Research Technology Applications (ORTA) Officer in order to provide support to all Divisions and Product Management Organizations (PMOs) with USAMMDA.
- Draft agreements in accordance with agreement templates and ORTA Office processes and procedures.
- Track agreements, complete agreement filing and recording of agreements into LiveLink and into the Army Tech Transfer database in compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. Assist with all types of Technology Transfer and Interagency Agreements, including Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs), Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs), and Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs), all of which are legally binding and may contain proprietary information.
- Attend product meetings on behalf of ORTA and have an understanding Army protocol, acronyms, and procedures.
- Prepare, review, and staff correspondence consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Utilize various Microsoft Office Suite applications including using Microsoft Access.
- Provide Data Entry in existing databases.
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT’s Sailor 2025 program will have a growing need for Instructional Developers in the coming months at varying levels. Both Junior and Senior Instructional Developer candidates will be considered for new positions within the program.
Insructional Developers will provide guidance and feedback to teams on a wide variety of training products, to include analysis documentation, storyboards, lesson plans, trainee guides, interactive computer courseware, and mobile applications.
Sailor 2025 is a program focused on three core pillars – Personnel System Modernization; Ready, Relevant Learning (RRL); and Career Readiness. The second pillar, Ready, Relevant Learning (RRL) deals primarily with doing away with the old way of brick and mortar schoolhouses, or industrial age training, and replacing the curriculum with career-long learning continuums where training is delivered by modern methods to enable faster learning, better knowledge retention, and delivery at the right time and in the right way for our Sailors. This job opportunity’s objective is the creation and delivery of products in support of the Sailor 2025 (S2025) Ready Relevant Learning (RRL) Content Conversion Wave 1 effort.
- Develops Levels 1 and 2 student evaluation for the piloting of computer-assisted instruction or classroom-based training program, including internet/intranet/extranet emerging technologies.
- Provide guidance and feedback to Instructional Design teams on a wide variety of training products, to include analysis documentation, storyboards, lesson plans, trainee guides, interactive computer courseware, and mobile applications.
- Interviews subject matter experts to collect information.
- Develops relevant and measurable assessment criteria and standards.
- Designs reliable and valid assessment materials.
- Gathers data and compiles information into documents related to assessment.
- Interacts with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of assessment instruments.
- Develops and applies quality standards in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Coordinates with the Program/Project Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.