Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate requirement for an Agile Coach to support ongoing efforts to implement and the USPS Agile Scrum Software Development Methodology across all projects within the CIO. These resources will increase the organization’s utilization and skills in agile methodology and agile development best practices and provide hands on assistance to project teams on setting up development projects using our customer’s standard toolsets (for example, VersionOne and the HP ALM tool suite). Additionally the Scrum Masters will be responsible for mentoring the organization on agile methodology (Scrum, SAFE, and others as defined) and standard toolset. These resources will also be used to help monitor the use of Agile in the various projects at each Solution Center to ensure consistency amongst the centers and to promote value driven development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support an Agile “Center of Excellence” within each of the four Solution Centers
- Coach and mentor Solution Center development teams practicing agile methods with state of the art engineering practices and continuous integration tools to improve software quality and minimize defects
- Work with Solution Centers scrum teams to prepare and groom backlogs
- Provide experienced senior leadership for USPS IT implementation of the enterprise Agile program
- Provide Agile metric progress reporting, Agile project report cards, training progress and set up processes to measure ROI
- Assist with updating USPS process (i.e. TSLC/SDLC), policies, standards, etc.
- Assist with identifying Agile projects and develop project plans to ready systems
- Prepare Communications for IT Management
- Provide guidance to Solution Centers scrum teams on Scrum processes, deliverables, and project status
- Work with Solution Centers scrum teams to use VersionOne Agile tool and HP ALM tool suite. The coaches must have expert knowledge of how to use these tools
- Work with the Requirements and Test Planning team to raise issues, identify benefits, and promote successes
- Provide leadership and guidance to Solution Center BPLs on project status and visibility, including problem solving that may arise during an Agile project
- Coach and assist Solution Center development teams implementing Agile engineering practices and continuous integration to improve processes and procedures
- Audit teams artifacts & Agile process documents for improvements
Please Note: We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for more than 180 cumulative days.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of computer networks (LAN/WAN). Monitors data traffic/network performance and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission. Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware, including voice, video and/or data communication networks. Troubleshoots and resolves problems.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems, utilizing a variety of hardware and software tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures application software and related hardware such as desktops, servers and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware.
- Provides software and system troubleshooting support.
- Provides network troubleshooting and support.
- May administer network security.
- Backs up file server data/disks.
- Provides minor server maintenance.
- Provides technical and software support to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Python Application Developer joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA
Performs data analysis, interpretation, and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
Develop and maintain a Python-based data warehouse processing system running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Analyze system performance and design improvements. Perform troubleshooting and perfective maintenance to improve performance and reliability. Work closely with ETL engineers, database administrators and business intelligence specialists to incorporate new features and scale the application. Utilize best practices for source control, testing, and deployment of software changes.
- Coordinate with the database administrator to implement and maintain ingest of data ensuring integration with data warehouse structure
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional assessments of project tasks
GDIT is hiring a Project Manager who will work within a collaborative team to define, design, and implement customer requirements.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Primary point of contact and point of escalation for assigned project.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Responsible for scope, schedule and budget management.
- Maintain project documentation and ensure status, risks and issues are kept up to date for project. Pro-actively keep assigned government project manager informed.
- Provides input to and maintains the project scope, schedule, and budget for customer requirements
- Oversees all work and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure success of assigned tasks.
- May serve as technical lead for assigned tasks or customer portfolio.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned project staff.
- Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- May also perform high-level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison for project execution.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is currently identifying qualified candidates for a Sr. Desktop Support Technician located in Richmond, VA.
- Ability to operate all system components as defined in the TO to include hardware, software, and mass storage devices.
- Ability to operate communications-computer systems, and install, implement, maintain and tune operating systems, disk and tape management systems, and computer operations automation software.
Provides full lifecycle database design and software development to include the requirements gathering; design; development; testing; documentation; supporting technical writers and testers; configuration; and maintenance of developed software projects. Maintains existing custom-developed software; and supports COTS/GOTS software products as needed.
Web development using C# and ASP.NET
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/12/13
- SharePoint 2010/13 custom application development with experience in SharePoint web service and SharePoint object model (server and client side) programming
- Desktop application development using Windows Forms or WPF-based platforms
- Microsoft CRM development experience
- Knowledge of one or more Java Script frameworks; e.g. jQuery; AngularJS; Backbone.js
- Windows Service / WCF development (i.e. SOA background)
- PowerShell scripting
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Good written and business communication skills
- Must be able to interpret specifications; troubleshoot and create software solutions
- Requires a good working knowledge of integrating web applications
With minimal supervision, this deployed Systems Administrator works as part of a large enterprise team to provide Tier I support on multiple Department of Defense (DoD) networks and enclaves. Performs regular hardware and software updates, and provides troubleshooting and technical support services, maintains and utilizes build guides to support standards for servers. Provides technical support and troubleshooting, performs installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of DeskTop machines, printers, and related software. Deliver technical support to the USSOCOM and its Enterprise components, over the phone or on site, as required. Reads, understands and applies complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships. Interacts with other Tier 1, 2 and/or 3 teams or contractors to restore service and/or identify core problems. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner to end users and customers. Participates in new application and hardware rollouts, testing, and special projects as needed. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Provides additional systems administrative support as required in additional areas such as file servers, print servers, network access, mobile devices, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Information Security, and virus protection.
- Develops, organizes and conducts classroom and lab training for Fleet SPY technicians on Baselines 3,5,6,7,9A,9A2A,9C and BMD supporting maintenance and operation of the SPY Radar System.
- Develops, tests, maintains and delivers training programs and related materials in support of Center for Surface Combat Systems training objectives.
- Teaches approved course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress and program effectiveness.
- Supports updates of course curriculum on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
The AEDS Systems Architect generates solutions to address and meet various program requirements to provide the “Big Picture” plan for current system updates, future upgrades, and how to get there. . In this role, the Systems Architect supports a variety of projects playing a key role in overseeing that end results are designed according to the relevant predicted patterns and analyses. The Systems Architect provides overall technical leadership and consultation to the customer, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Federal Student Aid (FSA). A strong understanding of FSA’s business strategy is required for identifying and defining information technology (IT) system architectures to support that strategy and engineering the software to support the stability of the infrastructure across FSA’s enterprise.This position is responsible for the engineering architecture of the overall technical solution for FSA and serves as the primary technical interface with the customer. Additional duties include providing support for proposals, change requests, and other new business opportunities.
- Comprehend business strategies and requirements to design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Design networking and computer systems, including hardware, software, web portals, mobile apps, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products, custom software, internet and intranet connections, firewalls, servers, and security, that enables enterprise solutions to solve business problems considering the size, resources, data needs, desired user experience, and budget to determine its computing needs.
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software
- Lead customer discussions on technical architecture/solutions
- Assess customer initiated and internally initiated changes for impact to the overall program’s technical solution and the integration points with external systems.
- Lead the program’s architecture team – establish goals and provide leadership/direction so that the goals are successfully completed
- Evaluate technology for a new system or additions to an existing system (Windows, Mainframe, and Cloud).
- Select technology taking into account all factors while managing risk or reducing risk where there is high complexity or uncertainty and introducing risk where there are benefits to be gained.
- Ensure architecture satisfies the non-functional requirements, solves the underlying business problem, and provides the necessary foundation for the code base.
- Work with the internal and external stakeholders to disseminate the application architecture and explain how the application fits into the environment.
- Lead the Architect Team and work closely with other architects to define the overall system architecture and ensure consistency with the architecture of the individual system components.
- Mentor team members to enhance their skills in architecture and design.
- Oversee implementation of technology and architectural changes through the entirety of the software development lifecycle to ensure successful implementation.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Work with the security team to ensure that security is considered and standards are followed during solution design through implementation.
- Support new business initiatives with systems design, proposal writing, and development of basis of estimates for pricing.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.