Click column header to sort
With a wide range of knowledge; evaluates; designs; documents; installs; implements; tests; and performs problem isolation and resolution. Monitors; tunes and sets standards. Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems. Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities. Plans and coordinates computer network initiatives. Researches; evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies. Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Provides internal consulting; technical guidance; information and support to application developers; computer operations; workstation support; company management and departmental clients. Works with other network professionals as directed; to coordinate efforts; resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
Program Director – Deputy Program Manager
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Program Director joining our team to support Government activities at various Northern Virginia locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Program Director, Deputy Program Manager supporting the customer, you will be trusted to lead and manage. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Will work in partner with the PM in all areas of the program. The program currently has over 700 employees with annual revenues of over $140 million and requires a Senior Deputy who has experience managing large IT teams (150+ FTE).
- The DPM will assist the PM ensuring the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program areas including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
- The DPM is also responsible for the following:
a. Maximizing/improving program performance as evidenced by high/improved award fee scores
b. Predicting, identifying, and minimizing risk areas to the program and implement mitigation plans
c. Ensuring a high level of customer relationships with over 80+ customer entities
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues of $25M and above
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 12-15 years of related program management experience
• Technical Skills: Background in IT-related field
• Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
• Preferred Qualifications: Professional certification (PMP)
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
General Dynamics Health Solutions is actively looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to help lead the transformation of existing applications and design new apps for a cloud based, modern architecture. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically but isn’t afraid to dig down into the code once in a while, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
Designs and defines enterprise, primarily cloud based, for applications and infrastructure. This individual will work closely with the Cloud Architect to design Cloud solutions including public cloud (i.e. AWS) and private cloud offerings. Work with the Cloud Operations Manager, Cloud Architect, Software Architects, Software Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, and Security Analysts to design cloud architectures for complex, large-scale applications. Ensure cloud and application architectures are appropriate for cloud hosting and be the trusted advisor of the software development and cloud infrastructure teams. Work to ensure cloud and application architectures embrace the DevOps and Agile philosophies and ensure solutions allow for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and delivery of software, continuous integration/deployment, automation of tasks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
- Support the definition and implementation of Cloud Architecture for both pure and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Be the go to person for Cloud Implementations and DevOps strategies. Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them to design solutions for complex business problems.
- Work with Security teams to ensure solutions comply with FISMA controls and Federal security policies.
- Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
- Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
- Be a trusted advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective and relent ideas, insights and guidance.
- Plan, organize, and execute multiple responsibilities to achieve project goals and provide technical leadership to move projects to completion.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time and of high-quality.
- Work with teams to practice continuous improvement in processes and tooling. Develop and manage KPIs to measure performance and alignment with business objectives.
- Designs and develops enterprise architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements
- Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
- Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced IT staff and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
GDIT is seeking an experienced Technology Transfer Specialist to support the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) Department of Research Programs (DRP). The DRP supports WRNMMC by providing world-class support for research development, protocol review, and project oversight for military and civilian staff. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of technology transfer, working knowledge of Federal technology transfer legislation and policies.
- Process, negotiate, execute and revise agreements in support of WRNMMC investigator's collaborations with parties outside the Federal government.
- Be a point of contact for incoming request forms for agreements including CRADAs, MTAs, Collaborative agreements, SLAs, IAAs and others.
- Maintain records including adding information in databases and tracking them for future reference.
- Identify external entities with interest in faculty research area(s), and developing research partnerships.
- Assist with outreach to potential partners by assisting scientists in developing statements of work, directing them to in-house personnel for budget development and assuring that they follow all in house policies for establishing agreements with potential partners.
- Review and evaluate intellectual property (IP) held by partner as well as in-house IP to determine the possibility of new IP and value of the collaboration.
- Help inventors with their invention disclosures and assist with other laboratory or outreach projects as needed. This includes working with other members on special projects and assignments.
- Manage the development of and implementation of technology transfer initiatives, oversees the organization of strategic partnerships and alliances, and maintains knowledge of relevant scientific activities at WRNMMC, other Federal agencies, non-Federal government organizations, and non-government organizations. When called upon, participate in the development of new policies regarding the technology transfer.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Participates in the analysis, administration and maintenance of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Assists in managing the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Participates in desktop communication devices to include; HP & Dell workstations, VoIP and video conferencing equipment
- Participates in network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems.
- Develops current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
See SCA Directory of Occupations.
- Minimum Education Requirement: Associate degree. Two years’ instructor experience may substitute for academic degree.
- Special Skills/Qualifications Required: In-depth knowledge of real world Mission Command Information Systems, interfaces, and communications. In-depth knowledge of interoperability relationships that exist between systems to system. In-depth knowledge of the process of exchanging information between interfaces, communications and real world Mission Command Information Systems. Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office. Ability to describe the Command & Control environment and the Army Battle Command System network architecture. Ability to develop and instruct architecture laydown for a Mission Command Information System event. Exceptional communication and instructional skills. Able to pass on one’s information systems expertise to others. Organized, patient, and accomplished problem-solver.
- Minimal Background/Experience Required: Two years of experience teaching or demonstrating job skills.
- Additional Desired Qualifications/Experience: Have an understanding of Army training and doctrine policies and issues.
- Security Clearance: Secret clearance.
GDIT is seeking a Senior Program Oversight Specialist in support of the Animal Care and Use Review Office (ACURO). ACURO is part of the Office of Research Protections (ORP) in Headquarters, US Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC). ACURO is responsible for reviewing and approving all animal research protocols sponsored by USAMRDC and other DoD components. Responsibilities of the Senior Program Oversight Specialist include:
- Conduct independent expert review of animal use protocols to ensure compliance with federal and DOD regulations and guidelines. Evaluate protocols to determine appropriate IACUC review, adherence to requirements, and to ensure that pain and distress issues are adequately addressed. Ensure the use of animals is scientifically justified, appropriately documented, and performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Interact professionally with investigators via telephone and email to answer animal care and use questions, clarify information required, and to obtain required information to secure approval. Document oral conversations with written correspondence to confirm conversation points.
- Regularly interact with contracting personnel to discuss proposal/protocol status, review challenges, and to obtain or provide information on status and other animal use related issues.
- Present and discuss protocol details with ACURO veterinarians to ensure that all regulatory considerations are appropriately addressed. Discuss complex issues with senior staff to coordinate office positions and responses.
- Utilize Electronic Grants System (EGS) as applicable to conduct protocol review and processing.
- Review lifecycle actions, including amendments, adverse event reports, noncompliance issues, etc., to ensure that all issues pertaining to animal care and use procedures are appropriately addressed. Advise PIs and other protocol contacts on need for lifecycle actions as well as reporting requirements.
- Issue reminder notices to correspondents at appropriate intervals in accordance with office policy.
- Conduct compliance inspections, site visits, and staff assistance visits for the purpose of evaluating animal care and use programs to ensure facilities performing DOD sponsored/funded animal research are in compliance with applicable Federal and DOD regulations and guidelines.
- Conduct interviews with facility personnel to obtain additional information as needed to complete program assessment. Collect additional documentation for review as needed to complete program assessment. .
- Independently develop and present site visit findings to senior level personnel such as Institutional Officials, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Chairs, scientists, and veterinarians as well as animal program support staff. Communicate accomplishments, commendations, suggestions for improvement, and deficiencies as well as possible methods to mitigate negative findings and challenges the institution may be facing.
- Conduct onsite training sessions during compliance inspections, providing regulatory guidance and information as well as answering any questions raised by site staff members.
- Maintain currency on current issues and trends in animal care and use programs. Obtain current information from other regulatory agencies regarding policy changes and updates in interpretation of regulations pertaining to animal use in RDT&E.
- Prepare briefings on conferences attended and provide training to other ACURO staff.
- Travel requirements for this position may include up to three trips per year. Additional travel may be required.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Systems Administrator (Systems Administrator Level 2)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices,
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software
- High School Diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: MCSA Windows Server 2012 or 2016
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel maybe required to support the mission
- Assisting the Theater Asset Visibility Chief, Sustainment Operations Division Chief (SOD) and NCOIC.
- Occasional travel throughout the CENTCOM AOR and attend Working Groups in CONUS.
- Associate Task Organization Table (TOT) with GCSS-A consolidated Property Listing and exporting the combined data into a Microsoft Access database.
- Serve as the USARCENT Property Accountability Research Cell for the CENTCOM AOR.
- Provide sourcing solutions for Operational Needs Statements (ONS) to all units within the CENTCOM AOR.
- Update the Equipment Common Operating Picture (ECOP).
- Producing a monthly Super Cop report containing all equipment recorded in GCSS-A by units within the CENTCOM AOR.
- Attend video Tele- conferences with CENTCOM CCJ5 ISO Coalition Operational Needs Statements. Provide recommendations for approval/disapproval based on theater requirements.
- Attend video Tele- conferences with FORSCOM, HQDA, tasked to provide status updates on open ONS requests for the CENTCON AOR.
- Produce customer specialized reports requests daily.
- Research and verify Equipment-Table of Distribution and Allowances (ETDA) equipment information ISO OEF.
- Research and verify Foreign Excess Personal Property (FEPP) packages.
- Field questions and provide assistance to PBOs on current HQDA, USARCENT G4 and AMC policy and procedures.
- Assist all external/internal customers with property accountability questions.
- Identify changing trends in property accountability and asset visibility, and reporting trends back to Theater Property Book Officer (TPBO) for resolution
- Assist with vetting Theater Provided Equipment (TPE) that has been entered into the TPE Planner.
- Research and validate Unit Exception to Policy (ETP) requests.
- Ensures tasks assigned to the section are completed in a timely manner, and within acceptable military standards.
- Attends section meetings when needed by the military.
- Receive Task Organization updates from PBOs within Theater. Maintain the Task Organization Table. Identify all the units that are in Theater. Identify all the UICs and DUICs units. Identify the command relationships of all units. Identify the Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) on which each of the UICs and DUICs are located.
- Utilize the Mobilization Deployment Information System (MDIS), CENTCOM UNIT PATCH CHARTS to track unit command structure and deployment information.
- Assist with researching Unit Exception to Policy (ETP) requests for approval recommendations.
- The Contractor will provide the required resources and qualified personnel, subject to Government approval, to accomplish the functional tasks listed below. While these tasks or requirements are not inclusive, they comprise the majority of tasks that will be performed in the accomplishment of the overall requirement for (ISO) Operation Freedom Sentinel (OFS), Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR), and Operation Spartan Shield (OSS) Kuwait.
- Provides asset visibility for CENTCOM AOR. Assist in the compliance of the Commander's MTOE and TPE Supply Discipline Programs in accordance with applicable Army regulations. Specifically, enforces the posting of lateral transfer, reporting of battle losses, reporting of receipt of battle loss replacement to higher headquarters, and the accountability of unit's monthly inventories.
- Provides expert analysis, assessments debriefs and property book research support to the Senior Commander, key leaders, and staff sections as required. Contractor shall ensure compliance with all required property accountability steps necessary to maintain property inventory accountability and control. Shall create and maintain a common operating picture (Super COP). Provide reports as directed. Assist customers with requests for information. Assist in the preparation of report, including analysis, slide preparation and meeting attendance. Attend meetings as directed. Assist with HQDA AR2B preparation and analysis. Conduct briefings as required, including pre-deployment site survey (PDSS) in briefs.
- Assists units with Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (FLIPL) as needed.
- Analyzes and assesses property discrepancies that are in need of fixing to facilitate the coordination and arrangement of supporting fielding all units’ shortage and is the lead technical expert on property book systems, to include the unit GCSS-A.
- Shall assist with day-to-day property book activities at the unit level through GCSS-A. Conducts periodic reviewing of unit's MTOE authorizations, requirements, and on hand (OH) statuses of all FRAGO lateral transfer requirements and fielding distribution.
- REPORTS & FEEDBACK. Provide the following reports, studies, or assessments related to the conduct of property book regulations and policy procedures, to include, but not be limited to the areas of TPE management, Organizational Property Book (OPB), and trends in the increase or decrease of compliance.
- Provide input and participate in pertinent planning working groups.
- As the MPD Programs Lead, prepare and route administrative matters to the appropriate staff elements for all related matters pertaining to the following command interest programs: Blended Retirement System (BRS, Integrated Personnel and Pay System (IPPS-A), etc…
- Assist with administrative functions as needed.
- Monitor and track completion of suspense actions and ensure compliance with regulatory guidance.
- Recommend and assist with the development of policy updates as regulatory changes occur to ensure all regulations and new guidance pertaining to Human Resources are complied with.
- Prepare a variety of command reports relating to personnel operations, and develop and present information to high level management officials and other authorities.
- Provide relevant information and participate in the collaboration of the command talent management program.
- Occasional travel is required and authorized. Refer to paragraphs 10.0 through 10.3 for further guidance.
- Monitor daily the publications of HRC MILPER messages and HQDA All Army Activities messages (ALARACT) and provide guidance in their implementation.
- Prepare and conduct training related to Army human resources programs and initiatives
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.