Click column header to sort
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
We are seeking a SHAREPOINT ADMINISTRATOR– please continue to read below!
- Experience with SharePoint 2013
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Designer Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem - Manages the functionality and efficiency of a SharePoint Farm, site collection, and assists Content Managers.
- Installing, upgrading, and patching multi-server SharePoint farms
- Configuring and troubleshooting SharePoint service
- Configuring and troubleshooting SharePoint security groups, permissions, and settings
- Working with Database Administrators to configure and monitor SharePoint database servers
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, DNS, Active Directory, and Load Balancing
- Designing, implementing, and testing effective SharePoint farm backup and recovery processes - Automating installation, maintenance, monitoring, and operations activities through PowerShell scripting
- Solid understanding of KM processes and procedures
- Experience in C# and Java Script coding a plus
- Participates in special projects as required
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization.
Manages multiple calendars.
Limited travel coordination, mostly local travel.
Coordination of Taskers.
GDIT is seeking an Associate Systems Administrator to join our dynamic team!
A driven and self-starter individual who will primarily work with the System Administrator and GDIT end users to run and maintain the Enterprise Workflow system.
Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain and create system technical documents
- Generate and answer IT service desk tickets from users
- Troubleshoot application, server, desktop, and network issues
- Respond, resolve and escalate system alerts
- Assist and assume the role to update and maintain the Windows and Linux servers
- On the job training of the company’s Workflow tool in order to support and maintain the platform as the primary Administrator’s backup.
- Ability to work flexible working hours as some evening/weekend work required
- Work with the development team to ensure system is operational and current for their process development requirements, such as ensuring all connections are working to enterprise systems
- At least 1 year experience with Microsoft Office
- 1 year experience with Linux operating system
- 1 year experience scripting in BASH (Unix Shell), SQL (Relational Database), or PowerShell
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache Web server software, GitHub (version control system)
- Knowledge of the Appian BPM product, a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA or other DevOps tools
- Ability to communication and work well with end users, vendors and enterprise IT teams.
- Possess problem-solving skills, and willingness to learn new technologies
Description: The applications developed aid analysis in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission applications and lead small project teams. The candidate would have the opportunity to develop applications with varying degrees of scale, risk, and complexity. Developer duties may include serving as the technical lead for the design, testing and implementation of complex applications, complex web application layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The develop consults with clients to develop user requirements
Translates user requirements from a formal requirements document into an application and/or database design
Writes interfaces to companion applications or database
Writes necessary code
Ensuring interoperability with other applications
Provides extensive technical advice and guidance to applications developers and other members of the team
Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed
Oversees unit/functional testing and transitioning the complex application and/or database to production
Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with full life-cycle application software development, of which a minimum of four have been specialized. Specialized experience includes: “hands on” involvement in all aspects of the application software development life-cycle, (from requirements analysis through design, programming, testing and deployment).
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with legacy application conversion (redeployment to alternative platforms and languages) and technology assessment.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Ruby
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with GitHub
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle including maintenance of production systems
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting customer service skills
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in a team environment exhibiting problem solving skills
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the customer’s Ruby on Rails platform
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the customer or partner’s current technology issues
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting written skills to include technical documentation regarding Sun, Solaris, and Linux.
6. Demonstrated experience deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
This is the Desktop Systems Engineer position on our Client Engineering team for a federal government contract. Its primary responsibilities are packaging, testing, and deploying various Microsoft Windows applications for Windows 7 / 10 and maintain Windows OS desktop images.
- Designing, testing, integrating, upgrading, and support of Microsoft Windows Desktop applications and package engineering of MS Windows 7, Windows 10, and related third party applications.
- Utilizing Wise Package Studio (or similar) and SCCM for UAT validation and deployment of upgrade /security updates /hotfixes to applications
- Maintaining desktop/laptop Windows OS images
- Utilizing SCCM and WSUS for Microsoft security patches, hotfixes
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply systems analysis and engineering techniques and combine software, hardware standards in the development of standard desktop systems
- Lead packages through the process, ensure standard processes are followed and documented, conduct validation and testing, and troubleshoot issues with the packaging process
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Develop and update processes and procedures related to desktop management and administration.
- Coordinate updates to images with desktop support teams and change management organization.
- Ensure all work is supported by appropriate documentation (incident, problem, service request or project tickets)
- Follow structured process for desktop image development for desktop environments
- Ensure proper solutions and knowledge management best practices are followed, and integrate Continual Service Improvement processes to continually refine and improve image management
- Facilitate meetings with clients to gather requirements and set expectations.
- Facilitate the implementation of ITIL standards
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 / 2010
- Creating software packages in SCCM
- Creating desktop/laptop Windows images
- MS Windows scripting, VB and/or VBA coding experience
Certifications Required (at least one of the following):
- CompTIA A+
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
- Replacing cut or damaged copper or fiber optic cables to include excavation of buried cables
- knowledge of a fiber splicing
- site surveys
- interacting with commercial communications providers
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
The candidate will serve as a member of the Enterprise Service Desk providing support to the Army Research Laboratory. In addition, they will possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7/10 mixed environment. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, WIM, McAfee products, PKI, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software. Basic networking knowledge and static TCP/IP configurations is helpful. Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and ACD systems is a plus, but not mandatory. Experience with desktop virtualization using VMWare is a plus.
The candidate must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must!
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service; handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 3500
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits
- Configuring and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, lab equipment, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, email configuration, CAC setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Windows Imaging software
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco AnyConnect
- Assist in the tracking of various projects and assignments
- Updating work orders in ticketing system (Currently CA Service Desk), Excel spreadsheets, and various databases (data input)
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) Level C Instruction and instructional support services at Fort Rucker, AL.
The mission of the United States Army Full Spectrum SERE Level C Course is to ensure each student graduates with the confidence and appropriate proficiency level to employ SERE and individual Personnel Recovery (PR) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) necessary to survive and return with honor regardless of the circumstances of isolation. This is a very demanding environment, with academic instruction, small group hands-on field training, practical application laboratory instruction, and operational performance exercise phases of training. The course length coupled with the OPTEMPO will require that multiple classes run simultaneously with some overlap, hours worked will depend on class scheduling and will encompass some Weekends and Holidays.
Evasion Instructors shall perform Evasion Movement training, Escapes training, Barriers to Evasion, Evasion FTX duties, and participate in debriefing of evasion training phase IAW SERE Level-C POI and U.S. Army SERE School SOP
The Instructor shall conduct classroom instruction, evasion training, and SERE technical training IAW all applicable documents, publications. Personnel shall be trained and proficient in all aspects of evasion tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and training methodologies (i.e., personal protection, building shelters and fires, preserving food and water, plant and wildlife, sanitation and hygiene practices, hide and hole-up site operations, incidental contact and personnel recovery tactics techniques and procedures). Personnel shall be proficient in the use of maps, compasses, and GPS, CSEL radio operations and have a working knowledge in the use of PR unique communications, signaling, and recovery devices. Contractor personnel shall be physically capable of operating in austere field conditions. The Instructor shall provide the Government training manager with recommendations for validating training, syllabi and instructor guides for academic and SERE operations training aids and presentations for instructors. The Instructor shall manage, train, and conduct instructor certification during on-post laboratory and field training operations. The Instructor shall track, maintain, and update training logs, student hand-outs, and note taking guides. Will as required serve as opposing force (OPFOR) for the duration of all Evasion Scenarios to include the Urban Evasion exercise.
Instructors shall function as the Officer in Charge (OIC)/ Range Safety Officer (RSO) and be physically capable to instruct and demonstrate SRM, urban and rural evasion movement principles, as well as barriers to evasion. Instructors shall be familiar with the basic fundamentals of shooting small caliber weapons (M9 pistol, M4 rifle and AK47 rifle) as well as the characteristics of these weapons to include loading, clearing and proper handling of malfunctions. The instructor shall as required be responsible for ammunition handling, loading of magazines, and distribution of ammunition during all range operations. Instructors shall be required to physically run with Students during the break contact range and successfully negotiate the barriers to evasion. Instructors shall be required to become familiar with Army Regulations, DA Pamphlets, SOPs, and risk mitigation as it pertains to their section.
Short Range Marksmanship (SRM)/Break Contact Range Instructor. Personnel shall be of adequate physical fitness to perform SRM Instruction (up to 20 lanes at a time), and accompany students on the live-fire Break Contact lanes (3 lanes at a time, 2 students per lane), every class cycle, regardless of temperature or weather.
Additional Duties: When instructors are not actively engaged in the implementation and/or execution of student training, the Contractor shall provide support for the following SERE course and administrative activities:
- Conduct the In-Service Training Program for military cadre and Contractor instructor staff.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and implementation of new SERE training schedules.
- Research, design, develop, and recommend new SERE training doctrine relative to SERE Level-C Full Spectrum training requirements integration.
- In coordination with the SERE Course Manager, suggest modifications to SERE training curriculum to ensure currency and relevance to the Personnel Recovery, DOD, and JPRA SERE programs. Any changes or modification are subject to approval by the SERE Course Manager.
- Design, develop, and execute a continuous improvement process allowing for the improvement and implementation of internal and external logistical support requirements necessary to support the SERE training program, the U.S. Army SERE School, and Fort Rucker;
- Maintain SERE training facilities, and as required, SERE support facilities in clean and serviceable state; report facility issues to applicable government section personnel for submission of work orders, as appropriate.
- Perform supply and logistics maintenance and re-stock activities of required SERE issue items, training supplies, and necessary administrative support supplies and stocks.
- Support range operations by assisting with ammunition handling, loading, unloading, and clean-up.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
The ARMA Global Summer Internship program enables STEM focused candidates enrolled in a college or university degree program to begin applying skills acquired during study in a professional setting while gaining important real-world exposure and experience to related fields.
- Adhere to DevOps practices, using a suite of standard tools.
- Collaborate with fellow teammates on problems, and assist in implementing improvements.
- Assist in deconstruction, definition, and interpretation of requirements supporting projects.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Be awesome to work with!
- Have a desire to work in the public sector.
- Be available for up to 32 hours per week at the ARMA offices in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
- Enjoy making use of skills learned in their academic program, but also developing new ones.
- Relish diving deep into the details surrounding a challenge- possibly writing code- and generally doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Be willing to express speaking and presentation skills in both formal settings, as well as white-boarding sessions with other seasoned practitioners.
Summary: Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Supports the GEFS3 by configuring, maintaining, and managing the virtualized infrastructure.
- Provide Tier 1, 2 support to the GEFS3 platform.
- Support and troubleshoot NSX.
- Manage and support the VMware environment.
- Manage, support, and troubleshoot CISCO FlexPod, including NETApp Storage.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.