Click column header to sort
Performs a variety of general administrative and operational tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group, or customer.
Core Hours - 10:00 - 12:00 - Review Sponsor Internal Communications daily to ID actions that officers have taken which need to be audited; Compare this data to what is entered in sponsor's database per a checklist; Equipment research from internet and enter into database; Track audit status in SharePoint; Validate data in SharePoint against other internal tracking databases; Send out email reminders to Officers with actions needed to update database; Lots of data entry and repetitive, routine work.
Applicant will provide Tier 3 level technical support for resolution of the most complex technical problems with JEXC2 networks. May input, monitor and track trouble tickets through resolution. The issues that the applicant will be charged with resolving will often be unique and very complex.
Ideal applicant should have the ability to work autonomously using independent judgment based on training and experience to resolve technical issues that have not been previously observed. Many JEXC2 technical issues encountered will be unique and there may not be applicable resolutions in the Remedy database. In those cases the applicant will use all available resources including IETMs and job aids, readme files, vendor technical literature, and industry forums to run each issue aground.
Applicant will perform network maintenance including IA, patches, upgrades, and other routine maintenance of NIPRnet and SIPRnet systems especially including routers, switches and other network appliances. Network status will be communicated to other personnel for input into VRAM as required.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize requirements.
Applicant will be familiar with DoD 8570.01-M & DODD 8570.01 and will ensure that compliance with those requirements are met.
Applicant will mentor new hires by assisting them with problems outside their skillset. May require some work outside normal hours. CONUS or OCONUS Deployments may be required.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for several candidates to provide Windows System administration for a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) network supporting a US Government customer. These candidates will primarily be responsible for customer service, providing the following support:
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with hardware and software
- Patching computer systems
- Application of STIGs to desktops
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe products
- Familiarity with group policy
Candidate Requirements (Essential skills/experiences required for the job):
• 2-4 years experience in the design and development of content for computer-based and/or web-based instruction using the instructional systems development (ISD) process.
• Ability to translate written concepts into visual representations.
• Provide support to visual communication needs and services
• Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent. Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, Flash, and Fireworks. Must be able to convert Flash to HTML5. We are specifically looking for use of these tools in online courseware development.
• Knowledge of SCORM requirements, standards and of DoD Web Policy, Mobile Code Policy, and Section 508.Experience in web page design and graphical user interfaces graphic design and creating imagery.
• Identifying imagery and developing storyboards for web based interactive courseware and other instructional materials
• Experience in training military & civilian personnel via computer-based and web-based applications.
• Create graphic design according to the guidelines in order to achieve the desired results
• Analyze and plan the framework of design according to the laid out concept and established specifications
• Create visual solutions through the use of specialized techniques within various forms of media, from website design to corporate branding
Designs and develops graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, marketing material, and other visual communications media
Looking for an Applications O&M SME (KP), self-motivated, innovative, with great hands-on applications O&M and leadership experience, who will lead a team that O&M’s various WHY and 4th estate applications and tools, on an Engineering program for JSP. JSP EDE will execute modernization efforts for a large enterprise, multi-tenant environment covering various technologies and initiatives including Applications, VDI, Wireless, Network, Computer, Systems, Software, and more.
The Applications O&M Subject Matter Expert will:
- The JSP Applications Operations & Management SME shall serve as the knowledge expert to ensure availability, performance and security of all applications within the JSP application portfolio
- Lead a team supporting various mission critical applications that are on-going in the Gov't Agency Engineering/Operations Division
- Regularly interface with senior government officials that are GS-14 and GS-15, and brief weekly, bi-weekly, monthly
- Enterprise environment is large, multi-classification and complex, supporting a large DoD customer base and supporting critical MISSION
- May support special projects as assigned
- Note: this position is KEY PERSONNEL
This is a unique opportunity to join an Engineering program supporting a large IT Enterprise.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a .NET Developer to analyze, evaluate and develop new and existing web/database applications; working under limited supervision; performing additional duties as assigned.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes enhancements to existing items.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Participates in highly complex projects with customers, managers, end-users.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
GDIT is seeking an experienced, senior-level, graphic designer in Chantilly, VA to join our team. In this role candidate will produce effective, clean and creative materials, in a supportive role for the proposal team. The senior-level graphic designer is responsible for delivering creative and adaptive concepts from conceptualization through final product for a multitude of products and audiences, including proposal graphics and corporate projects. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround work environment and have the ability to handle multiple projects—meeting deadlines with a high level of skill, utilizing a broad range of design tools.
- Experience working as a senior-level graphic designer creating high end, compelling proposal graphics
- Ability to turn around graphics and execute concepts quickly
- Creative, contemporary, and innovative design thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills—both written and verbal
- The desire to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment and demonstrate resiliency
- A collaborative approach to working within the team
IBM Spectrum Protect (formerly Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)), IBM Protect TIER VTLs, IBM tape Libraries, IBM Cloud Object Storage and other related backup and recovery infrastructure components
Add-remove of appropriate backup data agents for Exchange, SQL, etc. as needed
Configuration of Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments (VE)
Respond to incidents, customer service requests, working with vendors as needed, and update Remedy as to events and status.
Develop and implement change requests using the ITIL-based change management process.
Perform application and application host OS security patching and software upgrades
Conduct customer training
Assist with customer data restoration
Participate in quality control effort
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering
Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs
Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems
Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
Serves as a technical team or task lead
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility
Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
Participates in special projects as required
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience using IBM Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments
- Familiarity with AIX and TSM/Spectrum protect running on AIX
- Experience supporting Data Domain Storage appliances, IBM Protect TIER VTLs, IBM tape Libraries, and other related backup and recovery infrastructure
- MA or MS degree preferred
- Experience in environments with multiple networks and multiple security domains
- Experience with developing strategic plans
- Experience with business requirements gathering and analysis
- Experience with systems design and development
- Experience with project planning and management
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and constantly changing environment
- Possession of excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- ITIL Certification
- IBM Certified - Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
- VMware VCP
- Nutanix Platform professional
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.