Click column header to sort
GDIT is Hiring a Health Informatics Statistician/ Program Analyst to support the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) located in Silver Spring, MD. As the traumatic brain injury (TBI) Pathway of Care manager within the Military Health System (MHS), the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) promotes state-of-the-science care from point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans, and their families to prevent and mitigate consequences of mild to severe TBI.
Learn More About DVBIC HERE
The Health Informatics Statistician/ Program Analyst will povide overall support for the Outcomes Data Manager and Biostatistician. S/he will assist in the collection and organization of TBI outcomes data from DVBIC Network Sites and other MHS sites as directed by the government
- Assists Outcomes leadership with all department responsibilities.
- Collects and organizes TBI outcomes data from established data sources and other governmental agencies.
- Ensures data quality and statistic management of data.
- Performs literature review.
- Maintains and updates various internal databases as required.
- Performs quality checks on outcomes data
Non Primary Responsibilities:
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
This is a challenging position for a Database Administrator (DBA) to work on a new, high-profile, large scale application with users in 50+ organizations across the Sponsor. This candidate will work with a team of software developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with input from multiple stakeholders. The candidate will use flexibility and technical skills. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders. The resource will communicate with team leads and senior leadership and rapidly adjust direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. This effort will include a variety of activities, including, but not limited to:
•Assisting in designing, developing, testing and deploying data models and databases for the end-state system
•Assisting in architecting, developing and maintaining databases for development, test, training and production environments across multiple classification fabrics for the final enterprise system
•Working with development team and enterprise service provider partners to implement security features such as access control, role separation, audit and logging, and system monitoring
•Participating in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements
•Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into a data model and corresponding database(s)
•Working with other enterprise data service programs to leverage their capabilities in the final system implementation
•Developing technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management; Providing demonstrations and detailed walk-throughs of data model and repository features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
•Working with rapid prototyping to refine requirements and design.
•Work within an Oracle and PostGRES database environment.
Our team seeks a Senior Software Engineer/Developer to aid in - monitoring and troubleshooting issues with the customer’s system-to-system messaging architecture; planning and executing reengineering efforts for the modernization of legacy systems; and, development of new front-end and middleware solutions. The developer will write code and scripts to repair or refine issues as identified, with the ultimate goal of automating our processes and integrating them into our Cloud environment. The developer will interface with external customers and participate in entire software development life-cycle including unit testing, regression testing and automation. The developer must have a willingness to learn new technologies and work on multiple project teams.
1. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for Custom, GOTS and/or COTS application issues.
2. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new applications, or makes significant enhancements to existing applications.
3. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
4. Resolves software compatibility and interface design considerations.
5. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
6. Synthesis system performance metrics to identify potential issues.
7. Researches emerging or planned expansion technologies to determine integration needs and impact on existing application execution.
8. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
9. Advises system engineers on environmental characteristics that affect systems, such as storage capacity, processing needs, network, and system security requirements.
10. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
11. Prepares reports on system performance and usage metrics.
12. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
- Designs and codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools
- Maintains and modifies existing software applications.
- Analyzes detailed systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, software requirements, and alternative methods of problem resolution.
- Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
- Participates in code reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to standards and specifications.
- Writes or revises program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in accordance with standards.
- Expertise at configuring AWS/C2S Cloud environments following best practices.
- Assemble and integrate cloud operating platforms using open source & partner tools.
- Integrate infrastructure builds with continuous code deployment processes.
- Build automated deployments using configuration management playbooks and recipes.
- Ensure the performance, reliability, security and ease of maintenance for deployments.
- Full lifecycle application development experience
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with middleware products such as Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, ASG, RDS, DynamoDB, EMR
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful patterns
- Experience with unit testing, code reviews, merge requests, and continuous integration
- Experience with DevOps/CI tools such as Git Hub, CloudFormation and Jenkins
- Implementing build pipelines with Git commit hooks (Code Commit/Code Deloy), Jenkins plug-ins, configuration management and AMI builders.
- Creating automation scripts with Python, bash (Cloud Formation, Cloud Init)
- Exposure to Agile/SCRUM methodologies, iterative development
- UI Development Experience
- Experience with both the operation of and interfacing with search engines such as Solr/Elasticsearch
- Understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and tools such as Cloudera
Functions as a ScrumMaster for a software development.
- Works in an agile environment and is able to follow Lean and SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Manages requirements and creates user stories with input from the Project Manager, Technical Lead, Development Lead, and the customer as well as other teams within the contract.
- Works in conjunction with the Project Manager, team leads, and customer to prioritize work for each sprint
- Ensures the Project Manager stays informed of the status of the many ongoing activities and coordinates with teams to get the information needed.
- Raises any issues or impediments to development progress and escalates them to the Project Manager and/or Technical Lead, along with recommendations for resolution.
- Provides metrics on the current systems and the status of ongoing development metrics.
- Conducts outreach and coordination with stakeholders, and acts as liaison between stakeholders, Government and Contractor Management, and the team.
- Monitors status of team and helps where necessary.
- Keeps user stories updated in the requirements tool and on the scrum board
- Enters new user stories into the requirements toolWorks with team to groom the backlog in preparation of sprints
- Runs the daily scrums, sprint planning sessions and sprint review meetings
- Creates sprint review slides
- Manages the change management / SPOT reporting process
- Creates the weekly report
- Requests system accesses for team members
- Updates documentation and wiki
- Schedules meetings, TEMS, and conference rooms
- Attends meetings and takes meeting minutes
- Assists Project Manager with creating briefings
- ScrumMaster Experience (Required)
- Experience working on an Enterprise Agile software development team (Required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Required)
Performs a variety of general administrative and operational tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group, or customer.
Core Hours - 10:00 - 12:00 - Review Sponsor Internal Communications daily to ID actions that officers have taken which need to be audited; Compare this data to what is entered in sponsor's database per a checklist; Equipment research from internet and enter into database; Track audit status in SharePoint; Validate data in SharePoint against other internal tracking databases; Send out email reminders to Officers with actions needed to update database; Lots of data entry and repetitive, routine work.
Applicant will provide Tier 3 level technical support for resolution of the most complex technical problems with JEXC2 networks. May input, monitor and track trouble tickets through resolution. The issues that the applicant will be charged with resolving will often be unique and very complex.
Ideal applicant should have the ability to work autonomously using independent judgment based on training and experience to resolve technical issues that have not been previously observed. Many JEXC2 technical issues encountered will be unique and there may not be applicable resolutions in the Remedy database. In those cases the applicant will use all available resources including IETMs and job aids, readme files, vendor technical literature, and industry forums to run each issue aground.
Applicant will perform network maintenance including IA, patches, upgrades, and other routine maintenance of NIPRnet and SIPRnet systems especially including routers, switches and other network appliances. Network status will be communicated to other personnel for input into VRAM as required.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize requirements.
Applicant will be familiar with DoD 8570.01-M & DODD 8570.01 and will ensure that compliance with those requirements are met.
Applicant will mentor new hires by assisting them with problems outside their skillset. May require some work outside normal hours. CONUS or OCONUS Deployments may be required.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for several candidates to provide Windows System administration for a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) network supporting a US Government customer. These candidates will primarily be responsible for customer service, providing the following support:
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with hardware and software
- Patching computer systems
- Application of STIGs to desktops
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe products
- Familiarity with group policy
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.