Click column header to sort
Sr Configuration Manager
Top Secret Clearance
Manages configuration and change management activities.
The contractor shall perform configuration management and procurement support for software and system baselines according to industry best practices and network specific guidelines, including hardware, software, and networks with online tools. The contractor shallprovide a structured process to manage the baseline configurations and all IT assets owned by the organization using MS Systems Configuration Manager, and coordinate with other entities to ensure all configuration requirements are met. The contractor shall: Provide written documentation of technical work; participate in design reviews, maintain and report inventory, and manage change requests; manage life-cycle replacement costs; monitor changes and create “roll back” plans; maintain/update inventory and configuration date in the automate configuration management databases; provide procurement and logistics management services for the systems and equipment; and manage the procurement/maintenance of required software licenses;
Configuration Management : The Contractor shall:
- perform configuration management and Procurement support for software and system baselines according to industry best practices and network specific guidelines
- provide a structured process to manage the baseline configurations and all IT assets owned by the organization
- provide configuration management of hardware, software, networks with online tools
- coordinate with other entities within the section and staff to ensure all configuration requirements are met and updated as necessary
- provide written documentation detailing specifics of projects and any other technical work
- participate in design reviews, maintain and report, inventory and manage Change Requests
- provide status and technical assistance for Configuration Control Board meetings and system fieldings
- manage the life cycle replacement process
- monitor changes and create "roll back" plans
- maintain and update the inventory and configuration data contained within the automated configuration management databases
- provide procurement and logistics management services for the systems, equipment as required for the sustainment life cycle.
- manage the procurement and maintenance of required software licensing
- possess considerable knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
System Admin: The Contractor shall:
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develop and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Must be able to work independently or part of a team
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Will be required to submit a TESA application for approval to work in the country.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer MIOBC student personnel:
1. assist in the training, administration and development of the MIOBC. This will include, (but may not be limited to) Subcontract employees developing, updating, and maintaining lesson plans, pertinent training materials, tests, student handouts, critical task lists, ASAT input, schedule development, test TSP, incorporation of lessons learned into POI, and POI improvement recommendations based on approved Government doctrine, tactics, techniques, and procedures
2. maintain and update courseware as needed to ensure accuracy and relevancy of course material.
3. receive and grade student briefs using government furnished grading rubrics.
4. instruct course POI or modifications to the POI as directed by the course Cadre.
5. incorporate a wide array of real world oriented training scenarios and exercises to support the various modules of the MIOBC. Scenarios and exercises must be designed to maximize student participation and be directly linked to evolving course material. Scenarios and exercises must stress a variety of analytical methodologies including analysis of competing hypothesis, evidentiary inferential analysis, link analysis, and time/event analysis
IT Support / Help Desk / Service Desk Specialist (L2)
Fort Bragg, NC
GDIT is seeking several Help Desk or IT Support candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Service Desk Specialist:
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Requried Computing Env:MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require occassional travel
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Contract is I2TS 3
- Travel may be required to support the mission
#DPOST #cjpost #dpost
GDIT is seeking a Tax Associate Intern in Herndon, VA for summer 2019. Our business intern program is designed with you in mind. You will be part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our client’s most complex issues. Throughout the summer, you will work on innovative projects that touch areas such as Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Proposal Writing, Consulting, and other related areas depending on your background and interest. Our interns have real responsibilities and work alongside experienced leaders and other smart, motivated people. It will help you to develop best in class skills that you can take back to the class room.
The Tax Associate Intern will perform the following duties:
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare indirect tax returns
- Reconcile and prepare journal entries of tax accounting records including income, indirect and international
- Participate in tax forecasts including liability, cash tax and effective tax rate
- Support CHQ in IRS audit inquiries
- Support Segment specialist and CHQ in international compliance
- Research jurisdictional tax law
- Participate/Assist in business unit tax and financial statement audits
- Identify/Support tax saving or risk mitigating opportunities
Personnel will provide Full Spectrum Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) Level C Instruction and instructional support services at Fort Rucker, AL. The mission of the United States Army Full Spectrum SERE Level C Course is to ensure each student graduates with the confidence and appropriate proficiency level to employ SERE and individual Personnel Recovery (PR) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) necessary to survive and return with honor regardless of the circumstances of isolation. This is a very demanding environment, with academic instruction, small group hands-on field training, practical application laboratory instruction, and operational performance exercise phases of training. The course length coupled with the OPTEMPO will require that multiple classes run simultaneously with some overlap, hours worked will depend on class scheduling and will encompass some Weekends and Holidays.
Evasion Instructors shall perform Evasion Movement training, Escapes training, Barriers to Evasion, Evasion FTX duties, and participate in debriefing of evasion training phase IAW SERE Level-C POI and U.S. Army SERE School SOP
The Instructor shall conduct classroom instruction, evasion training, and SERE technical training IAW all applicable documents, publications. Personnel shall be trained and proficient in all aspects of evasion tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and training methodologies (i.e., personal protection, building shelters and fires, preserving food and water, plant and wildlife, sanitation and hygiene practices, hide and hole-up site operations, incidental contact and personnel recovery tactics techniques and procedures). Personnel shall be proficient in the use of maps, compasses, and GPS, CSEL radio operations and have a working knowledge in the use of PR unique communications, signaling, and recovery devices. Contractor personnel shall be physically capable of operating in austere field conditions. The Instructor shall provide the Government training manager with recommendations for validating training, syllabi and instructor guides for academic and SERE operations training aids and presentations for instructors. The Instructor shall manage, train, and conduct instructor certification during on-post laboratory and field training operations. The Instructor shall track, maintain, and update training logs, student hand-outs, and note taking guides. Will as required serve as opposing force (OPFOR) for the duration of all Evasion Scenarios to include the Urban Evasion exercise.
Instructors shall function as the Officer in Charge (OIC)/ Range Safety Officer (RSO) and be physically capable to instruct and demonstrate SRM, urban and rural evasion movement principles, as well as barriers to evasion. Instructors shall be familiar with the basic fundamentals of shooting small caliber weapons (M9 pistol, M4 rifle and AK47 rifle) as well as the characteristics of these weapons to include loading, clearing and proper handling of malfunctions. The instructor shall as required be responsible for ammunition handling, loading of magazines, and distribution of ammunition during all range operations. Instructors shall be required to physically run with Students during the break contact range and successfully negotiate the barriers to evasion. Instructors shall be required to become familiar with Army Regulations, DA Pamphlets, SOPs, and risk mitigation as it pertains to their section.
Short Range Marksmanship (SRM)/Break Contact Range Instructor. Personnel shall be of adequate physical fitness to perform SRM Instruction (up to 20 lanes at a time), and accompany students on the live-fire Break Contact lanes (3 lanes at a time, 2 students per lane), every class cycle, regardless of temperature or weather.
Additional Duties: When instructors are not actively engaged in the implementation and/or execution of student training, the Contractor shall provide support for the following SERE course and administrative activities:
- Conduct the In-Service Training Program for military cadre and Contractor instructor staff.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and implementation of new SERE training schedules.
- Research, design, develop, and recommend new SERE training doctrine relative to SERE Level-C Full Spectrum training requirements integration.
- In coordination with the SERE Course Manager, suggest modifications to SERE training curriculum to ensure currency and relevance to the Personnel Recovery, DOD, and JPRA SERE programs. Any changes or modification are subject to approval by the SERE Course Manager.
- Design, develop, and execute a continuous improvement process allowing for the improvement and implementation of internal and external logistical support requirements necessary to support the SERE training program, the U.S. Army SERE School, and Fort Rucker;
- Maintain SERE training facilities, and as required, SERE support facilities in clean and serviceable state; report facility issues to applicable government section personnel for submission of work orders, as appropriate.
- Perform supply and logistics maintenance and re-stock activities of required SERE issue items, training supplies, and necessary administrative support supplies and stocks.
- Support range operations by assisting with ammunition handling, loading, unloading, and clean-up.
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, diagnostic devices and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
6. Constructs components or sub-assemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test methods.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
In search of experienced Laptop/Desktop Support Specialist for a tech refresh project (expected to end in July) to image, install, and deploy new Windows 10 laptops to government customers with minimal technical escalations. The Laptop/Desktop Support Specialist will also be required to remove existing desktop PC from user’s desks and process its return to inventory.
- 10 days of basic tool training before the deployment to allow for training in Footprints, Asset Management tool, and our expectations for communications to schedule the customers’ deployment, how to deploy the customers’ computer equipment in our environment, access to rename the object in AD when deployed, physically remove the desktop, update Asset Management tool.
- Install computer Images including Bit-Locker / unbox new laptop / sign out from storage/ complete/ sign back to secure area with lead signature
- Schedule coordination, deploy laptop, docking station, review differences and locations of personal files, install printers and other peripherals, and update ticket for refresh and Asset Management tool for deployment asset. Remove Existing Desktop, place into secure location, update Asset Management tool with the location, status and ticket number for the removed asset.
- Clean-up / Wiping of Hard Drives / Equipment surplus
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal of any equipment or component and report to the project manager daily on results of deployments (issues, feedback, etc.)
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service
- Assist the client in solving laptop workstation and networking issues
- Enter / track activity / user / asset information accurately within trouble ticketing system and Asset Management tool.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to established processes, procedures and guidelines
- Recommend improved procedures
- Inform and educate clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager) Systems Administrator– Systems Administrator (L3)
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager) Systems Administrator will:
- Build application packages into SCCM and deploy onto servers and workstations
- Provides application/Windows OS installation/configuration/patching as well as data reporting (application install status, client health, etc.) leveraging Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Create and maintain workstation images and build new systems using a standard imaging process
- Create, update, and maintain automated application deployment packages
- Develop software installation scripts for software installations
- Develop/implement operating systems’ downloads for supported workstations
- Assist in software installation package distribution and troubleshooting
- Design, implement and configure the COTS/GOTS software needed to support enterprise infrastructure
- Provide user support and guidance
- Research, evaluate, and remain current on emerging tools, techniques, and IT technologies
- Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Maintain and update Server STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements to comply with DISA standards
- Coordinates with Information Assurance team to remediate workstation security issues found during routine checks.
- Provides Tier-3 support for Enterprise level issues
- Relevant and working knowledge of the administration of computer Active Directory (AD) accounts, Organizational Units (OU), Users & Groups, etc in support of System Center Configuration Manager functions
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- SCCM experience on Windows Server 2012 platforms
- Unix operating experience
- Powershell scripting
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- MCSA Server 2012 must take test one 70-410 prior to starting and must obtain MCSA Server 2012 within 180 days from their start date. If you elect to take the server 2016, you will start with test 70-740 and must obtain MCSA Server 2016 within 180 days from their start date.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
#DPOST #cjpost #dpost
Writes technical copy for various operation and maintenance manuals and prepares related technical documentation.
1. Researches and compiles technical data for use in various operation and maintenance manuals, training materials, installation guides,
and other technical documentation.
2. Obtains data from review of documentation, drawings, schematics, and reports, interviews with technical staff, and the study of
3. Prepares written text and coordinates layout and organization of materials according to prepared outlines and specifications.
4. Proofreads material prepared by other technical writers.
5. May provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical writers.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required
Under general supervision, responsible for providing second level telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions and/or issues. Troubleshoots determine problems for operating systems, applications and remote access, email and telephone and wireless issues. Responsible for network and email account provisioning and management, as well as, wireless mobility problems, issues or request. Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user the technician escalates problem to the appropriate team. Responsible for opening, tracking and closing trouble tickets. Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Tracks activities of field engineers to who tickets were assigned. Must possess an advanced technical skill and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites. Requires experience and knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers. Must have basic knowledge of help desk call tracking management systems. Requires strong communication and excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a good working knowledge of applications software, hardware, operating system software, networking and systems documentation support issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interpret user comments, identify problems and provide timely resolution, often on complex technical issues
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.