Click column header to sort
Senior Network Administrator
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
- Analyzes voice, video, and data communications networks, including troubleshooting, configuring, upgrading, planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting.
- Plans network layouts and configures IP encryptors, VoIP, routers, and switch systems in enterprise environments.
- Draw network topologies as required for configuration management, engineering, and operations support documentation.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Will provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Will perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- May serve as NOC analyst monitoring systems and networks; reporting to stake holders; managing IR queues; and tracking tasks and progress.
- May serve as NOC networks analyst handling first level support/triage for significant support problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Cisco and/or Juniper route/switch knowledge is preferred.
- Participates in special projects as required.
The Senior Security Engineer is an integral part of the network security program in the ongoing design, testing, and implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure. This role provides technical support in the hardening of routers and switches, security response actions, security compliance reporting, and best practices across world-wide networks.
Major Duties (including but not limited to any combination of the following):
- Perform technical duties in support of the in-house Information Systems Security program
- Participate in the selection, evaluation, implementation, and security of network infrastructure and support systems/applications.
- Perform system security hardening of network infrastructure and support systems
- Design and implement scripts (Python, Perl, Shell, or other) to automate security hardening and assist in compliance reporting
- Provide technical support and response to security requests from the local Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP)
- Provide technical support for responding to and implementing mitigation(s) across the networks and support systems, in support of Red/Blue Team assessments and other inspections
- Provide technical guidance on best practices and assist network engineers in the development of User Guides, Standard Operating Procedures, and Policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of security functions
The Contract Field Specialist (CFS) assists with monitoring the implementation of a government program with respect to the care and placement of participants in a network of grant funded care provider programs. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to local federal field staff, including tracking of cases, scheduling conference calls, taking minutes, data entry of cases, entering updates into agency system, and coordinating with various government agencies as requested.
- Become familiar with, and advise grantee programs on related policies, processes and procedures.
- Conduct monitoring and provide technical assistance to programs.
- Attend program staffings periodically or as requested to observe and monitor team functionality, organization, communications, effectiveness, and adherence to policies and procedures. Provide feedback to the Supervisory federal field staff on observations during staffings and make recommendations on additional training and technical assistance for program team personnel. Immediately report urgent issues, especially those related to the safety and welfare of program participants.
- Review documentation of a random sampling of closed case files from each of a care provider's Case Workers or Clinicians. CFS will review the status of the case by using a checklist during the monitoring period to ensure that all documents contained in the checklist are 1) in the participant’s case file 2) complete/incomplete and, 3) accurate. The CFS will ensure that Case Workers working on or gathering necessary documents are following policies and procedures, and relevant guidance.
- As requested, meet with a random sampling of program participants as part of the site monitoring process using a pre-determined questionnaire.
- Monitor database data entries by program staff for quality, completeness, and timeliness of data. Check and validate daily program census.
- As requested, provide other training and technical assistance to Case Workers. CFS will continually assist Case Workers on applying current policy and will provide guidance on an as needed basis. Management will determine what policies and guidance the CFS can assist Case Worker staff with.
- Reporting: CFS will report findings, including deficiencies, case management and clinical efficiencies encountered during routine onsite monitoring of case files. The CFS may be asked to take part in a corrective action plan, which will be done on a case-by-case basis.
- Tracks specific case types (such as cases with Significant Incident Reports; long length of stay, or other complex cases etc.).
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- This position requires a Public Trust Clearance (or the ability to obtain it).
- This is a remote (telework) position based in the New York City area.
- Travel to program locations and facilities in New York City and other parts of the state and the east coast is required, and will be reimbursed per Federal travel regulations. Some long distance travel may be required.
- Flexible work schedule including weekend and weeknight coverage.
Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems encountered on various computer systems, printers, websites, and desktop applications. Provide technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware and software. Install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems. Serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems. Identify/Install new releases, updates, or other changes to software and hardware. Provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. Ability to work under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Screens and manages trouble tickets based on SLA priorities
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Will create new user accounts, issue the accounts, and maintain the accounts.
- Participates in special projects as required.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.
Core Hours 0830-1500. Participate in branch/division level meetings and act as a program representative. Provide office leadership with program status briefings working from a template/sample and will provide pre/post deployment briefings to deployment personnel. Generate training requests for over 80 staff and independent contractor personnel. Generate visitor requests and escort visitors, guests, and uncleared personnel. Generate access requests. Maintain calendar for their assigned contractors pre/post travel office visits. Process passport, visa and common access card applications, training requests, and craft complex travel itineraries. Responsible for tracking hiring initiatives, passports, visas, training records, and travel expenses. Inform leadership on all programmatic matters to ensure efficiency and program goals and requirements are met. Create and maintain office database and other software programs required for program progression. Create correspondence, create metrics, create PowerPoint presentations and briefings.
Help Desk Technician
- Respond, track and follow-up to telephone, email and team member requests for support
- The GDIT technician will begin each workday with a review of all open service requests and prioritize based on DoDDS-E mission requirements and Educational Technician feedback.
- These informal meetings will take place on a daily basis to identify open action items, set work priorities, and ensure that the GDIT Team’s immediate goals align with DoDDS-E objectives.
- GDIT Team members will coordinate with staff at the earliest possible time to schedule all future action items. Scheduled outages, system preventative maintenance or any item that requires future coordination will be scheduled in accordance with DoDDS-E mission requirements to ensure disruption of educational activities.
- Enter support requests in tracking system, triage request and coordinate with appropriate Tier 2 support personnel
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues
- Assist users with all system capabilities such as: office programs, scanning, printing, digital rights management, file recovery,
- Document and track user account creation, termination requests, reset requests, etc
- Assist users with system policies such as: session timeouts, password complexity, and mandatory change policies
Are you a Recruiter who wants to hire for more than just jobs, but instead to hire for careers that make an impact? Join the General Dynamics Information Technology's Federal Health team, where we hire for programs that support IT Software Development and Infrastructure services for some of the largest government agencies; Traumatic Brain Injury research for active military and veterans; Global Public Health programs with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; elimination of fraud, waste, and abuse in Medicare and Medicaid services; Bioinformatics and Technology support for the National Institutes of Health, and more.
Our team recruits for a wide range of careers from professional health services like IT professionals such as Software Developers, Systems Engineers, Desktop Support Specialist, Database Administrators; to Clinical Research Associates, Doctors, Nurses, Epidemiologists, Bioinformaticians, Statisticians and more.
We're seeking someone who prides themselves in their customer service skills and abilities to partner with hiring managers to really understand the needs of the program and scope of the job. This position can be 100% homebased or in one of our many offices nationwide. Ability to travel as needed, approximately 1-4 times a year is preferred.
- Consults with hiring managers to understand and then post requisitions that accurately reflect the duties, responsibilities, education, training, certifications, experience and security classifications required for the positions.
- Interviews, screens and evaluates external and internal candidates for job openings to identify applicants who fully meet the position requirements of posted requisitions and refers them to the hiring manager for consideration.
- Coordinates and actively participates in the selection of the final candidates.
- Research new careers, technologies, and/or alternate sources (Associations, niche job boards, MeetUps, LinkedIn groups, etc) and sources job boards to find candidates with unique or cutting edge experience.
- Makes employment recommendations based on information developed through prescreens, interviews, reference checks, applications, and resumes, insuring the compensation offer is competitive, internally equitable, and affordable.
- Performs compensation analysis and evaluates offers with hiring managers. Then negotiates and extends offers to candidates on behalf of GDIT.
- Completes or coordinates all on-boarding processes.
- Ensures all phases of the recruiting process are conducted in accordance with General Dynamics and GDIT's Ethics, Legal and Human Resources policies.
- Ensures that GDIT's internal applicant tracking system is maintained and completed; applicants are dispositioned according to OFCCP guidelines; internal candidates are dispositioned and contacted appropriately; and, interview reports are completed accurately.
- Works with marketing or other teams to create and place employment ads in newspapers, trade magazines, websites, etc.
- Runs queries of automated systems and provides information to management as requested.
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition team to brainstorm on hard to fill positions, pitch in on surge, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in job fairs as needed.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all tasks.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with departments throughout GDIT and its clients to ensure that fair employment practices are followed
- Serves as an internal consultant to the business regarding staffing needs and projections, and advises on the best course of action to fill open positions.
- Conducts regular follow-up with GDIT and Clients' personnel to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Recruiters.
- Participates in special projects as required
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
The NOC is currently seeking a talented Tier III VoIP/DVTC Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide maintenance and advanced troubleshooting support of all voice over IP networks and the desktop VTC network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Tier III level resolution and customer support to all VoIP and DVTC issues across the enterprise. The candidate will also be responsible to provide outage documentation utilizing customer provided Incident Tracking software. Tools utilized will include Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Tandberg Management Suite (TMS), and other tools as necessary.
-Experience maintaining/deploying analog gateways
-Proficient in the IOS environment for maintaining voice gateways
-Familiar with the deployment/maintenance of server based dial plans and router based dial plans.
-Familiar with the deployment and the management of the following Cisco Servers (VM and traditional platform)
-Unified Communications Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connection, and Unified Presence.
-Ability to troubleshoot common VoIP issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles.
-Understanding of the Tandberg Management System -Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC)
-Familiar with the VC Web Wizard scheduling interface -Proficient with managing conferences through the MCU/MCS
-Ability to troubleshoot common VTC issues to include the identification of failed endpoints, bandwidth saturation, or mis-configured conferences.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems
- Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the policies and procedures as they pertain to the network environment.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches along with VTC network hardware and software tools listed above.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment.
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by GDIT management.
- Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
- Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by GDIT Management.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to lower tier employees
- Good understanding of system networking over diverse topologies and environments to understand the limitations and advantages of different network/system architectures. Participates in engineering projects/efforts as tasked by GDIT management.
Key Competencies: Interpersonal Skills Communication skills - verbal and written.
Listening skills Problem analysis and problem solving.
Attention to detail and accuracy Customer Service orientation.
Adaptability Ability to work independently within a Team Concept. Ability to multitask in a stressful environment Shift Work is required (work center is 24/7)
Position requires the candidate to pass the CI Poly
Certifications: IAT II (required) CCNA (desired) Network+CE (desired) ITIL Foundations (desired)
Help Desk Technician
Fort Belvoir, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers operational readiness by integrating and maintaining Logistics and Business software.
GDIT PC/LAN Management Analysts (internal title) will provide support to the INSCOM C2IO program, installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains technology and telecommunications equipment. Provides reports, completes requests for new service, determines methodology for installing PC’s/LAN connectivity, telephone service, determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications, call switches, test trunks, test links and installs communication circuits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, maintain and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Maintain technology/telecommunication equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
- Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Test, locate, and repair equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the technologies, tools, and equipment used in technology/telecommunications systems support.
*** All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance. ***
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.