Click column header to sort
Information security support officers are security principal agents who enforce DoD policy compliance within their area of responsibility. Assist in the preparation, distribution, coordination and maintenance of plans, instructions, policies, guidance and standard operating procedures necessary for implementation of the organization’s IA program, and serve as the subject matter focal point. Responsible for the planning, staffing, leading, communicating, monitoring and maintaining the organization’s Information Assurance IT enterprise policies. IA technician shall maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, certification and accreditation of all UNIT systems and data in accordance with Federal DoD laws, regulations, guidance, and standards. In addition, enforce the organization’s information security program based on DoD best business practices (BBPs) and make recommendation.
The ISSO will report non-compliance to the supported Information Assurance Manager (lAM) per established organizational policy and procedures. Assist the IAM in Certification and Accreditation package is prepared and maintained in accordance with (lAW) Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIST RMF). Maintain a mobile data-at-rest management program and automation inventory program of all area of responsibility (AOR) automation equipment. ISSO shall administer proper security labeling, classification, creation, destruction, and inventory asset management of all information system devices and media within area of responsibility. Contractor shall build, install, maintain, and assist with disposal of UNIT IT systems IAW applicable regulations and policies. Utilize portal or knowledge management repositories to provide relevant cyber security information for end-users. Administer all UNIT cross domain transfers and systems authorization and Access Requests. Manage an efficient and effective security, education, training, awareness (SETA) program and ensuring appropriate account level access. ISSO’s will utilize Defense Ready (Automation Tool) to review, manage, & track cyber challenge end-user training & privilege user 8570.01m certification requirements. In coordination with the computer network defense team, ISSO will support incident handler efforts for all cyber security event remediation and/or computer forensics requirements. Advisor to IAM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Excellent briefing/presentation skills for large audiences
- Knowledgeable in DoD cyber security guidance and regulations of ICD 503, DCID 6/3, DoD 8500.2, AR 25-2, CNSS, NIST 800 Series, and insider threat management program
- Ability to maintain a Positive and Professional Attitude towards directed management initiatives and under stress
- Can effectively provide direction, guidance and leadership to less experienced information security professionals
- Ability to provide security policy recommendations or revisions to resolve security flaws or security service management processes
- Takes initiative, strategic thinker and highly supports cyber security program initiatives and vision
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems security and ensure accuracy of work
- Ability to review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications
- Possesses deep understanding on DoD 8570.1m requirement and administration of DoD/NIST RMF program
- Experience with Incident Response Handling and Cyber Security Anomaly Detection using cyber security tools such as but not limited to Encase, Flying Squirrel, SANS SIFT Kit, Event tracker, ArcSight & Splunk
- Experience in using service ticket administration tools and personal management tools such as Service Now, Remedy, DFR, etc.
- Knowledgeable on IT Department Service Management processes and procedures based off of ITIL framework
- Knowledgeable with Defense Ready System
- Knowledgeable with MS Sharepoint 2010 Portal
Must have a Top Secret-SCI security clearance
Lift over 35 LBS
The work is performed in an office setting. Occasional and intermittent travel for official purposes is required.
ARMA Global/GDIT is seeking a well-qualified, experienced and talented SharePoint Engineer to join our Business Application Team. The SharePoint Engineer will play a central role in the infrastructure and solution lifecycle including: establishing new and maintaining existing multi-farm SharePoint environments, responding to feature and configuration requests, designing solutions and envisioning follow up work. The SharePoint Engineer will also play an integral role in the design, development, customization and integration efforts of solutions involving Collaboration Portals, Content Management and Business Process improvements where SharePoint is the designated solution.
The SharePoint Engineer's core responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint farms, architecture, deployment, monitoring and overall daily administration
- Execution of SharePoint service delivery with stability and high availability to ensure it is a robust and reliable Enterprise collaboration solution
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design, with a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration including the use of business process and forms, business intelligence, collaboration services, collaborative document management, and portal interaction
- Create partnerships with all areas in the service delivery chain and understand their processes and guidelines for delivery
- Support the implementation of custom SharePoint-based solutions and 3rd party tool integration
- Design and configure federated enterprise search-driven application solutions using managed metadata, content type hub and custom refiners
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SharePoint best practices
- Provide 3rd tier support to all areas of the business and will mentor, train and foster lower support tiers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years hands-on experience installing, configuring and maintaining large SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 multi-farm topologies
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery infrastructure design and implementation in a multi-farm shared services SharePoint environment
- Working knowledge of following related technologies: SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancing and Windows Server 2012 and above
- Experience establishing federated SharePoint search incorporating managed metadata
- Proficiency in the following is a plus: Social Collaboration platforms, Exchange/Lync Integration, mobile integration, performance tuning, Nintex workflows, SharePoint On-Premise and SharePoint On Line/Office 365 integration
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively between organizations at all levels
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and management of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 /2012 and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2008R2 /2012 . Monitor and optimize the performance of the production SQL databases. Provide support to development team throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Implement and troubleshoot triggers, views, stored procedures and data integrity constraints. Ability to implement, maintain and troubleshoot SQL Server HA and database monitoring. Identify and troubleshoot database issues and the ability to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions. Perform scheduled and nonscheduled database backups and recovery with Microsoft SQL Server SSMS, or SQL CMD.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of database schema object management, data modeling and architecture
- Expert understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Experience with SQL clustered environments
- Exposure to Resource Governor, Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler and Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor
- Experience with applying DISA SQL 2012 STIGs
- Experience with virtual environments (VMware/Hyper-V)
- Solid understanding of Windows AD, DNS and Group Policy
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience-base
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making capabilities, including troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving project issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement and understanding user requirements
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 10-15 years of related software development experience
- Hands-on development experience with C# and ASP.Net
- Hands-on experience with data formats including XML, PCAP, images, and media
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
Systems Administrator / Programmer - Powershell & SQL
Lackland AFB, TX
Minimum Secret Clearance
GDIT is currently seeking a Sys Admin / Programmer - Powershell & SQL at Lackland AFB to support the IAFNOS contract, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
This position is responsible for:
- Administering and managing automated change and incident management tools.
- Updating content and configurations to support automated change and incident management workflow accomplishment.
- Updating tool configurations and providing informative content to enable AFIN users and operators to resolve changes and incidents at the lowest possible tier. The content shall presented through the automated management tools and/or Tier 0 Self-help websites. Information content shall include frequently asked questions and standard solutions for the resolution of issues on the AFIN.
- Analyzing customer feedback from automated change and incident management tools to identify service improvements (includes analyzing feedback received from customers about automated tools providing a summary in the MAR and providing a Technical Report when improvements are gleaned from the analysis
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Directory Services, Exchange, and also experience with Air Force Cloud Hosted Enterprise Services (CHES)
- Perform Active Directory (AD) queries to determine issues with account processing through automated tools.
- Create and use PowerShell Scripts to support AD queries and analyze broad account configuration issues.
- Create and use PowerShell Scripts to analyze issues with Cloud Mailbox actions.
- Monitor SQL databases for issues with automated and manually processed requests.
- Determine cause of Tier O account management request failures.
- Create SQL queries within Microsoft Access to standardize data reviews and updates.
- Resolve issues with failed account transaction requests in SQL tables.
- Develop recommendations for solutions to Active Directory housekeeping practices that are affecting Tier 0 automated tools.
- Coordinate solutions for user network and exchange accounts with COS/NOS Directory Service and Exchange technicians.
- Investigate network account actions to determine if issues are being caused by automated or native tools and where the issues originated.
- Create design/requirement documents for improvements, new capabilities, and bug repairs for the automated Tier 0 tools.
- Perform pre-release debugging of new coding based on design/requirement documents.
- Conduct debugging of issues discovered within current Tier 0 tools.
As an analyst supporting the Policy Team at a government agency in Washington, DC, the candidate will provide research, writing, editorial, and technical assistance with respect to development of procedures and responses to outside inquiries. Duties include:
- Draft and edit procedures and program guidance
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and training on agreements, policies, and procedures to care provider staff, field staff and other stakeholders
- Provide research and editorial support to the policy team on relevant issues including child welfare systems, foster care, child abuse and neglect child and adolescent mental health, family reunification, etc.
- Assist in response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, congressional inquiries, inquiries and questions from other stakeholders
- Coordinate internal and external reviews and compile recommendations to the policy team based on feedback received
- Conduct research to inform the development of talking points, memorandums, reports, briefings, analyses, and other materials provided to interested parties
- Engage non-governmental stakeholders to obtain expert input to advance the mission of the program
- Support inter-agency and intra-agency coordination of program functions
- Support development and review of content for meeting agendas, reports, and responses to executive and Congressional inquiries
- Support special projects as needed
This position is based in Washington, DC, and requires a Public Trust clearance, or the ability to obtain it.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a candidate to provide Network and Systems Engineering support on a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) network supporting a US Government customer. The selected candidate will work as on local network of workstations and servers consisting of approximately 240 assets consisting of 80% Windows and 10% Linux and Macintosh operating systems running on VMWare. The underlying network infrastructure is primarily Cisco devices.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Configuration and maintenance of the VMware infrastructure
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of network devices – firewalls, routers, and switches
- Installing and configuring workstations and servers
- Installing required applications on hosts and servers
- Performing required IA scanning and applying STIGS as required
- Patching and troubleshooting hosts
- Maintenance of routers, switches, and firewalls
- Tier I/II end user support for those working on the project network
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities.
Core Hours: 9-3. Most staff works 6:30-3. Create, submit, and oversee a high volume of email and verbal requests through Sponsor-specific databases. Required to multitask and operate without specific direction. Required to work both independently and in a team environment. Must be able to quickly learn the most effective and efficient transportation methods. Serve as stakeholders and customers main POC and required to conduct follow-up inquires with shipping partners and return status updates to customers within 24-48 hrs. Must be willing to acquire delivery method proficiency across a variety of defined transportation schedules. Expected to apply basic planning and project management principles to develop a delivery schedule. Will coordinate with Sponsor counterparts, develop and submit electronic spreadsheets/manifest to outline and track movement and delivery of material worldwide. Manually check inventory of boxes to verify accuracy; execute correct wrapping and documentation according to method of shipment. Must be able willing to use forklift on a daily basis. Must be detail oriented and able to resolve discrepancies between delivery reports. Proactively upload documents into Sponsor specific websites for reference. Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word. Prior Customer experience is desired but not mandatory. Experience with Sponsor's travel application is desired but Customer is willing to provide training.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.