Click column header to sort
General Dynamics IT is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering and Operations team. We are an Amazon Managed Service Partner (MSP) providing full-scope cloud engineering, operations, and development services to multiple government and commercial customers. We are looking for someone who can help extend and improve our processes, evangelize the DevOps culture, and can work with us to improve our infrastructure automation to move our customers forward. If you are passionate about teaching, learning, and automating and working in a highly collaborative environment, we want to hear from you.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Provisioning, maintaining and improving our existing cloud infrastructure.
- Researching, designing, developing and/or modifying enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Confluence, and Git to improve and speed delivery of our products and services.
- Extending and maintaining automation frameworks in the areas of infrastructure as code and CI/CD.
- Work with other developers and operations to perform DevOps processes.
- Troubleshooting problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Helps maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Coordinates hardware and software installation and provides backup recovery.
- Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Participates in systems testing and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
RQ-4 Sensor Operator Subject Matter Expert
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide direct support to the Air Combat Command Requirements Directorate
· Command and Control
· Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division developing Global Hawk weapon system
· Testing aircrew training and operational requirements
· Provide technical and analytical support to the HQ ACC/A5IQ in the development and integration of requirements into existing RQ-4, and/or planned RPA.
· Assist in planning documents and activities to include, but not limited to O&M, various acquisition activities, requirements development and developmental planning.
· Provide technical and analytical assistance including evaluating operational capabilities and addressing operational needs, especially as pertains to logistics and supply chain.
· Provide development, analysis, and process assistance in all Program Objective Memorandum and Amended Program Objective Memorandum activities.
· Assist in the development, validation, and coordination of varied requirements documents including AF Forms 1067, Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), and Capstone Requirements Documents (CRD).
· Assist in investment strategy planning.
· Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
Location: Herndon; Hours: Core; Function: Implements machine learning tools in cloud onto current office Ruby applications.
Description: The applications developed aid analysts in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission applications and lead small projects. The candidate would have the opportunity to develop applications with varying degrees of scale, risk, and complexity. Developer duties may include serving as the technical lead for the design, testing, and implementation of complex applications, complex web application layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The develop consults with clients to develop complex AI/ML requirements.
- Translates user requirements from a formal requirements documents into an AI/ML capabilities within the current application.
- Builds and maintains AI/ML architecture ensuring operability within applications.
- Design AI/ML capabilities addressing how its’ used, how it scales, and how it breaks.
- Influence design and configure of AI/ML policies, governance and access.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, security, scale/performance and operability in mind.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with full life-cycle application software development with specialized experience to include hands on involvement in all aspects of the applications software development life-cycle (requirements analysis, design, programming, testing, and deployment as well as troubleshooting).
- Understand cost and benefits of deploying algorithms in production environments. The types of algorithmic solutions should span across different types of data ranging from numeric, images, video, and textual (structured or unstructured) collected from domains such as autonomy, data analytics, design, platform performance and operations, and services.
- Experience with modern standards and architectures (node.js, lambda, microservices, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL/Postgres, Cassandra/ElasticSearch).
- Familiarity with some AI services/platforms (such as Google ML, Vision API/Rekognition, Sagemaker, etc).
- Familiarity with some distributed frameworks and architectures (Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Cassandra, Kafka, or Storm, etc)
- Knowledge and hands on experience on implementation of Chatbot using Microsoft Bot Framework and/or API.AI
- Demonstrated on-the job experience exhibiting customer service skills.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience working in a team environment exhibiting problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with the Sponsor’s development platform (RAILS is the preferred technology).
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with the Sponsor’s partners and their current technology issues.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience exhibiting written skills to include technical documentation.
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure using AWS.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, and using industry standard tools (GIT, JIRA).
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a SalesForce Engineer with specific knowledge, ability of creation, development, design, and maintenance of SalesForce applications to support existing and future information technology activities relating to software development and other projects as they are identified.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, development, and testing of complex solutions consisting of SalesForce services (Service Cloud, Analytics, Field Service, Einstein Analytics, Community Portal, Cognitive Services, AppExchange vendor solutions), mobile applications, data persistence, and integrated using middleware or API technologies
- Generate Reports, Dashboards, customized reports and analyzing data
- Unit / Regression testing and release management of modifications / updates between environment instances using Force.com IDE or other automated solution
- Data Migration using different data tools - Apex Data Loader, Excel Connector, Import Wizard, SFDC Data Export, Mass Delete etc.
- Perform ongoing SalesForce administration activities (accounts, profiles, roles, fields, layouts, data security)
- Development of workflow rules with time triggered tasks, email alerts, email templates, field updates
- Created and managed User Roles, Profiles, Permissions, and Role Hierarchies, Public Groups, Security Controls, and Shared Settings
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and delivery break / fix for applications
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, business analysts and developers to build best in class solutions
- Development of technical design documentation based on functional and stakeholders requirements
- Management of the testing process for SalesForce solutions which includes developing test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments
- Collaborate with project management team to ensure alignment and communication of project status or issues
- Integrated the Web Services for extracting the data from external systems
- Deployed Apex using Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool and Web Services API
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
GDIT is seeking an Information Assurance Security Specialist to support our Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. You would provide knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO).
The F-35 Lightning II Program is the Department of Defense's focal point for defining affordable next generation strike aircraft weapon systems for the Navy, Air Force, Marines, and our allies. The F-35 will bring cutting-edge technologies to the battlespace of the future. The JSFs advanced airframe, autonomic logistics, avionics, propulsion systems, stealth, and firepower will ensure that the F-35 is the most affordable, lethal, supportable and survivable aircraft ever to be used by so many warfighters across the globe.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Determine enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develop and implement information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs.
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identify, report, and resolve security violations.
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Apply know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyze and define security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers. Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Understand the OSI model and TCP/IP networking, and basic knowledge of network and host exploitation techniques.
- Understand systems configuration and management of firewalls, IDS, servers, and work stations.
- Collect data and reports results.
- Handle and escalate security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Provide incident response capabilities to isolate and mitigate threats to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability for protected data. Supports external investigations.
- Implement and uses Cisco Intrusion Prevention System.
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Testing Analyst to develop and execute exploratory, as well as, automated tests in order to ensure software product quality. The Testing Analyst responsibilities include estimating, planning and coordinating testing activities. The Testing Analyst will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked and resolved.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Catalog and maintain test scenario library
- Present testing results and progress to management team
- Perform all other duties as required
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
**This position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position will perform a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer Directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic entry level administrative processes.
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files.
- Identify records via electronic/hardcopy resources to be processed, locate records on shelves and move boxes/containers of records to/from each DCC process step.
- Prepare all document pages for scanning by removing bindings such as staples, rubber bands and paperclips.
- Separate pages from all types of bindings - 3-ring binders, GBC-type bindings, softcover, hardcover bindings, etc. Operate a paper cutter when necessary to remove bindings.
- Insert a variety of bar-coded separator and tracking sheets into each batch of records to distinguish documents and folders during the digitization process.
- Perform quality control reviews by comparing the digitized document images with the original source material to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100%verification of each scanned page image to ascertain image quality. Images which fail the review will be identified and marked for rescanning.
Maintain, update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets.
- Record manually or via a barcode scanner pertinent data describing archived files received for processing, including but not limited to the date of receipt, number of physical items, name of receiver, process step and container barcode/tracking number.
- Perform document/folder metadata entry in IMSO electronic databases/hardcopy files which will support the archiving of files.
- Input job/box data to support the tracking of archived files while in the DCC workflow.
- Capture and record associated document-level metadata. Examples of document metadata include title/subject, publication date, document type, classification, etc. Personnel shall enter metadata into the project specific database for each document as required. The number of metadata elements required will vary according to record type.
This position may require standing for long periods of time.
Participates in special projects as required.
Manage, build and troubleshoot servers using UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems as well as the Windows OS. Maintain and build RED HAT and other Linux servers. Perform administrative operations and maintenance functions of server hardware and software using the Microsoft Windows OS. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The candidate must be experienced in UNIX Server administration, to include RED HAT and Linux
- Has experience with Storage, Virtualization, Windows, Unix, and McAfee
- Have a competent knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Maintains the ICP Litigation Hold Log application.
- Performs scheduled maintenance as required.
- Makes required enhancements to the Litigation Hold Log application.
- Writes scripts.
- Performs data retention and disposal CAT testing.
- Occasionally performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
1. Performs Cybersecurity activities (formally known as IA - Information Assurance) for a large Program; coordinates with government Program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures.
2. Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture.
3. Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems.
4. Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution.
5. Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats.
6. Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoD 8510 to ascertain information systems' security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing.
7. Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems.
8. Coordinates with OUSDI, USAF, DISA, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI.
9. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
10. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
11. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
12. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
13. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.