Click column header to sort
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Network Administrator that is able to work independently and provide routine desktop support – please read below!
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Is part of a team with personnel located throughout the Southwest Asia (SWA). Will be required to support customers at local and remote sites.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required / Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCND) preferred.
- Will occasionally be required to perform desktop support, support systems, information assurance and logistics duties.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
This position is not yet funded.
- Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program
This position is not funded.
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned project. Supervises up to 15 employees
- Plan, execute, and close projects that meet or exceed customer objectives
- Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality
- Develop the overall project plan and manage project operations
- Manage the project stakeholders, project team, project risk, project schedule, project budget, and project conflicts
- Ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members
- Ensure production schedules are met and system resources are used effectively
- Coordinate resolution of production-related problems
- Ensures proper relationships are established between
Provide technical support for the following equipment:
Surface Search – Navigation Radar Systems:
- AN/SPS-67(V) Series Radar
- AN/SPS-73(V) Series Radar
- RADAR Display & Distribution System (RADDS) AN/SPQ-14 / AN/SPQ-15
- AN/SPA-25G / AN/SPA-25H Radar Console
- Bridge Master E (BME)
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
This position is not yet funded.
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and fit with company/customer system architecture standards
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. Experienced with LINUX
Four years of full-time professional experience in developing Navy training and training equipment programs, plans, curriculum, documentation, and materials for complex electronic systems and equipment. This experience shall include analyzing program specifications and developing program manpower, personnel, and training requirements using standard DoD and / or Navy algorithms and processes
GDIT has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer, who will thrive in a cyber training academy setting. The successful candidate should have a strong background with VMware, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco ASAs, Cisco Firepower, and Cisco ISE. The candidate must have the desire to expand their knowledge and skills in a flexible environment. The candidate must be able to not only work through a task, but ensure assigned tasks are completed on schedule and to mission requirements. This position requires a Secret clearance.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, install, and life cycle network equipment as needed for several DoD information systems servicing over 1000 students and internal staff
- Provide planning, design, and solutions for the completion of more complex tasks and projects
- Provide guidance, instruction and direction to less experienced network engineers to facilitate successful outcomes
- Assist other teams to help with the resolution of various issues as they occur that affect our students or internal staff
- Create and update network diagrams and documentation for internal tracking and submission of DoD accreditation packages
- Collaborate with all teams to smoothly and rapidly implement new system features
- Collaborate with Security team to quickly remediate any network device vulnerability identified via network scans or through IAVMs.
- Maintain security posture of network devices per best practices in DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8500.01
This position is not yet funded.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.