Click column header to sort
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
This position is not yet funded.
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and fit with company/customer system architecture standards
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. Experienced with LINUX
Four years of full-time professional experience in developing Navy training and training equipment programs, plans, curriculum, documentation, and materials for complex electronic systems and equipment. This experience shall include analyzing program specifications and developing program manpower, personnel, and training requirements using standard DoD and / or Navy algorithms and processes
GDIT has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer, who will thrive in a cyber training academy setting. The successful candidate should have a strong background with VMware, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco ASAs, Cisco Firepower, and Cisco ISE. The candidate must have the desire to expand their knowledge and skills in a flexible environment. The candidate must be able to not only work through a task, but ensure assigned tasks are completed on schedule and to mission requirements. This position requires a Secret clearance.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, install, and life cycle network equipment as needed for several DoD information systems servicing over 1000 students and internal staff
- Provide planning, design, and solutions for the completion of more complex tasks and projects
- Provide guidance, instruction and direction to less experienced network engineers to facilitate successful outcomes
- Assist other teams to help with the resolution of various issues as they occur that affect our students or internal staff
- Create and update network diagrams and documentation for internal tracking and submission of DoD accreditation packages
- Collaborate with all teams to smoothly and rapidly implement new system features
- Collaborate with Security team to quickly remediate any network device vulnerability identified via network scans or through IAVMs.
- Maintain security posture of network devices per best practices in DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8500.01
This position is not yet funded.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques. Professional Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required to meet DoD Approved RMF Baseline Certifications. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures. Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration. Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies. IAT/M baseline certified
2) Principle Duties and Responsibilities: (application of General Summary attributes)
a) Leadership - Not generally a supervisory position. May be tasked to temporarily supervise certain functions as needed.
b) System Tasks –
Must be well-versed in general system administration principles including operating system configuration for Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Server with emphasis on Army Gold Master versions of those operating systems, and Linux systems.
Must be experienced with analyzing network security architectures and network design diagrams that provide port, protocol, and service details. Experience with DoD and US Army IAVM tracking and reporting, and with implementing Cybersecurity Best Practices and formulating remediation guidance for supported platforms is also required.
Must have a basic understanding of Army staff procedures regarding TOC operations and individual C4I data threads and how they are managed to ultimately form the Common Operating Picture (COP).
The ISSO shall be the overall implementer for the MTC’s RMF program. The ISSO coordinates directly with the Government ISSM and is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained and documented for MTC information systems. The position is responsible for defining & implementing standard operating procedures, implementing DoD, Army, & MTC policies, and creating & implementing plans of action and milestones
(POA&M) in response to vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, & inspections. Acts as auditor for Cross-Domain solutions; Assures successful implementation and functionality of security requirements and appropriate IT policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization's mission and goals. This position requires a Secret Security Clearance and the appropriate DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications as an IAMII.
The RMF ISSO will be the primary network administrator responsible for the configuration and management of the Mission Training Complex (MTC) Boundary Defense Systems to ensure the security of MTC network enclave. Additionally, the RMF ISSO will also be the primary network administrator responsible for applying Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGS to the many routers and switches that form the MTC network enclave. The RMF Analyst shall possess the general knowledge and diagnostic abilities to solve complex technical problems associated with maintaining local and wide area networks in a training and simulation environment. Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Analyze local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media such as Cisco integrated services routers, Cisco model 6500 and 4500 series network backbone switches, Cisco model 5500 series security appliances, Cisco model 3500 and 3700 series level-2 and level-3 switches, and other devices.
Establish and maintain Ethernet networking and configuration of associated hardware devices and the various protocols employed in networked data communications at various levels of the protocol stack.
Employ configuration guidance based on (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG). An in-depth knowledge of Cisco integrated operating systems and experience with network management systems such as Solarwinds network management suite or Ipswitch What’s Up Gold is essential to performing this task.
c) Network Management (Non-Exercise Support) - Setup and maintain the physical network security for the site enclave. Maintain knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assess and Authorize (A&A) process.
Perform and/or evaluate vulnerability scans on production and integration systems utilizing approved network scanning tools and appropriate government provided software such as Retina, DISA Gold Disk, and UNIX and Oracle SRR scripts. Experience performing security test and evaluation, directing remediation efforts, building residual risk reports and tracking POA&M as well as experience performing privacy impact assessments and knowledge of best practices protecting sensitive Information is essential to performing this task.
Establish internal procedures for review of system logs, event files, and critical systems file management in order to assess system network systems and network support systems integrity.
Perform backup and storage of critical files and logs on monthly basis. Employ network intrusion detection systems such as Snort as well as intrusion prevention systems and anti-virus deployment systems such as Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) utilizing McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
d) Network Management (Exercise Support) - Work directly with internal and external customers to develop and report present network activity and status.
Work with MTC staff and supported units to provide the network capabilities required to pass tactical data from the simulation interfaces to tactical systems in support of exercises.
Work with remote locations to enable wide area network connectivity to MTC assets.
Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms utilizing various data exchange and file transfer methods.
Configure systems to meet user requirements. Perform various tests to analyze network performance and document results. Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users. Maintain current knowledge of relevant computer hardware/software applications.
e) Risk Management Framework (RMF) – For the MTC network enclaves, prepare and maintain accreditation documentation and artifacts in accordance with RMF policy for US Army and/or DoD programs on behalf of the MTC Information Assurance Security Officer (IASO).
Assist the MTC IASO performing Cybersecurity vulnerability alert monitoring issue resolution. Analyze the impact of potential vulnerabilities to MTC network enclaves, and ensure MTC conformance with network security architecture and NIPRNET/SIPRNET policy.
Assist MTC IASO in coordination with Network Enterprise Centers (NEC), Network Command (NETCOM), and DISA staff to ensure that Connection Approval Process (CAP) requirements are met and connection waivers are accurate and submitted in accordance with DoD and Army policy.
f) Security Requirements:
i) Complies with MTC security requirements. Performs physical security, classified information security, and information assurance security tasks in order to safeguard classified information/equipment and high value government purchased and owned equipment and software.
ii) Ensures that data security, including data retrieval, transmission, and storage is conducted IAW applicable government standards to ensure that data transmission and storage are secure and free from unauthorized access IAW AR 380-5 and AR 25-2.
iii) Under the guidance of the Information Assurance Manager (IAM) shall ensure RMF/DIACAP accredited database and network security measures remain in place to protect information and systems from unauthorized access IAW AR 25-2 and all RMF regulations.
iv) Picks up, handles, transports, installs, inventories, stores, and destroys COMSEC equipment, devices, and keying material IAW all DA and National Security Agency (NSA) procedures and regulations when required.
3) Job Qualification
a) Expert understanding of NIST, DoD, & Army Cybersecurity & Risk Management Framework policies, directives, instructions, manuals, and best business practices. Knowledge of current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating IT security assessment, monitoring, detection and remediation tools and procedures utilizing standards-based concepts and capabilities. Knowledge of disaster recovery continuity of operations plans. Knowledge of enterprise incident response program, roles, and responsibilities. Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of Defense-in-Depth). Knowledge of known vulnerabilities from alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins. Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability. Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools. Knowledge of server administration and systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods. Knowledge of systems lifecycle management principles, including software security and usability. Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
General Dynamics Federal Health Sector is actively seeking a Program Manager to manage technical/analytic programs, contracts, and subcontracts, as well as provide project management support. This position will oversee all project related disciplines required for the successful and timely completion of the project, including administrative contract tasks and budget management. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on projects that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically but operate tactically, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues up to $25M.
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external customers and work collaboratively with all entities involved in the program.
- Serve as a liaison between project leadership, multidisciplinary team members, customers and contract partners, and other contract vendors, providing continual status reports and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage administrative contract tasks, subcontracts, and consulting agreements, timelines, budgets, and deliverables for contracts/projects. Manages the scope of projects to ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner according to the customer’s and Company’s requirements. Perform actual to plan comparisons, identify deviations from the initial plans, and ensure contracts/projects are meeting client expectations.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently involving coordination of resources and tasks across multiple contracts. Identify barriers and risk factors that may inhibit or impede the project and define mitigation strategies.
- Actively engage in change management with stakeholders to ensure successful acceptance and readiness of delivered solution.
- Manage customer expectations with regard to projects and works with the customer to turn ideas into future business opportunities; assist with new business development and project proposals.
- Prepare reports, charts, tables, and other visual analytics to assist customers in understanding analytic results.
- Assist in the design and implementation of data processes, which use advanced programming in SAS and other programming languages, to manage and analyze large data sources.
This position is not yet funded.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Supports the development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures
- Designs system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces
- Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Performs evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs
Provide technical support for the following equipment:
Data Links, Battle Force Tactical Trainer(BFTT) and Co-Operability Engagement Capability. (CEC) On Site Support
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.