Click column header to sort
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Has experince in reading blueprint drawings.
10. This is a 1st Shift position working in the Fabrication Shop.
Help Desk Specialist/Technician
El Segundo, CA
General Dynamics is seeking a Help Desk Specialist/Technician for our Air Force customer in El Segundo, CA. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
Help Desk Specialist/Technician
Screens; refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software.
Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate causes; and recommend solutions.
Provides troubleshooting and support.
Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology, systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Our company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
We have an immediate need for an Systems Engineer to assist in implementing new features and services through assessing and testing new techniques and support processes. Of particular importance is the ability of the resources to understand and operate within an Active Directory environment.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Maintain infrastructure with latest updates and patching
- Deployments to distributed systems
- Research, design, and recommend solutions to meet requirements
- Develop and test automated scripts and processes for software deployment and data gathering
- Provide support and troubleshoot issues quickly
- Develop and document processes and procedures
We can only accept Green Card Holders or US Citizens for this program.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Unix and Windows Hardware support
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, etc..
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
- Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT has an immediate opening for an on-site Senior Systems Administrator supporting the Combat Arms Center (CAC) G6 Mission Data Center (MDC) on a US Army contract at Fort Leavenworth, KS. This is the start of a three (3) year IT services contract managing a SharePoint Server Enterprise. The candidate must have experience configuring and administering Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server, and SharePoint Server 2013 – 2016. Must have experience with VMware 6.0, and practical experience to perform VMware server farms contingency operations, disaster recovery, business continuity, COOP, and contingency processes.
This is a senior systems administrator position and must have five years practical experience in the following:
- VMware ESXi, vRealize Operations (vROps), and vCloud.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Administration
- EMC VNX SAN and Fibre Channel switches
- MS SQL database (SQL 2014 with always on availability cluster)
- MS IIS and related services
- MS SharePoint Server 2013/2016
Primary responsibility is management of the RMF process as required and within the context of the contracted services, including review and update of all necessary documentation; coordinating responses to customer questions; and participating in code and system security reviews. In addition; the security engineer will regularly review system scans; Test & Patch up to 70 physical and virtual devices including ACAS and BURP scans; provide timely responses to IAVA; IAVB; ALERACTS; MILPERS; WARNORDS; OPORDS; and other vulnerability alerts. Participate in threat monitoring and provide remediation and remediation guidance for common software and web application vulnerabilities; and monitor system classification guides to ensure that documentation and other program artifacts are appropriately marked and stored.
Be able to install; customize; configure; optimize and trouble-shoot hardware and software on new and existing physical and virtual computer systems. Design and administer; manage & monitor a VMware and Microsoft Azure clouds cluster; administer and manage a virtualized Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012 network environment supporting a Microsoft Web Development. Components include Windows Server 2012; SQL 2014 w/Reporting Services; IIS 8.5; SharePoint 2013. Manage; monitor and test backup/restore process. Be able to perform daily user administrative tasks and log and system monitoring. Recommend lab reconfiguration and upgrades in support of rapidly changing development and test environments within DoD environment and remotely support deployed applications; track and configure all assets
Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave's information assurance program
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing FOUO and classified information
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation
- Provide, Integrity and deployment of multiple types of information security products across the CAC enterprise SharePoint Portals
- Utilize PowerShell within the Windows Server operating environment.
- Develop and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users & Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Review Change Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan and Patch Management Plan
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Performs routine tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Participates in the maintenance of telecommunications equipment and the installation, rearrangement, and removal of equipment and associated wiring.
3. Participates in the testing, location, and repair of equipment problems associated with trouble calls and performs routine maintenance.
4. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
5. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Job Satisfaction, Professional Growth, Excellent Salary, Bonuses, and all around Cool Job!
This ARMA Network / Systems Administrator position is a full time opportunity for candidates who are looking for a Challenge in a fast paced energetic environment. This opportunity is perfect for experienced Administrators who are comfortable with both Network and Systems Administration domains that wants to work with the latest technologies and be a part of a team that truly makes a difference supporting Unique customers.
This position typically provides in-garrison support but also provides local exercise support and may be subject to provide deployed OCONUS IT Support as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.