Click column header to sort
GDIT is seeking a Systems Engineer to assist with operations, security, development, and lifecycle sustainment for a federal customer’s Warehouse Execution System (WES) supporting Automated Material Handling Equipment (AMHE) solutions. The selected candidate will perform activities to maintain the existing AMHE solution and assist in the development and implementation of new solutions. Experience maintaining or developing Operational Technology systems is a plus.
The selected candidate will:
- Be responsible for effective provisioning, operation, installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware/software/related infrastructure.
- Provide technical support, guidance and hands-on delivery in the planning, implementation and ongoing operation of databases.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and regulatory requirements.
- Document specifications, project plans, configurations, test plans and results.
- Depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences.
- Communicate project objectives, scope and status to project teams.
Work will be performed from a customer facility during normal duty hours, and daily interaction with customers and contract team members is expected. Occasional telework is permitted, but work must be performed from the assigned area (Tracy, CA or New Cumberland, PA).
San Jose, CA
New Cumberland, PA
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients' functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Develops research & development plans.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task lead.
8. Makes changes to methods, design or equipment where necessary.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
*Note this req is not yet funded. Position expected to be funded in January 2020.
GDIT is looking for a Senior SharePoint Developer in San Mateo (CA) to join our team supporting the USPS.
Responsibilities and duties are listed but not limited to below:
- Developed SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 WebParts, Features, Event Handlers, and Search Methods in C# .NET
- Developed with SharePoint WSS 3.0
- Developed with MOSS functionality
- Proficient at using HTML in SharePoint Designer 2010 through SharePoint 2019
- Proficient at using ASP.NET in SharePoint Designer 2010 through SharePoint 2019
- Create and update SQL in SQL Server 2014 and 2016 database
- Experience with 2012, 2014, 2016 SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services
- Development and Adaptation of technical solutions to complex business situations and strategies
- Translation of requirements into technical design documents, and ability to model application architecture within the environment
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
Seeking an individual to fill a position as a System and Application monitoring analyst on our team. Individual will utilize knowledge and experience to monitor systems and applications, tune monitoring tools, deploy new technologies as well as design, install, configuring, maintain and perform system integration testing and troubleshooting of server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. Individual will monitor system activities and fine tune system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems. They perform capacity analysis, monitor and control usage of disk space.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage monitoring systems to include HP OMi, HP SA, HP NNM, MS SCOM
- Produce metric reports and capacity planning reports as needed to support the Windows environments
- Perform regular system tuning and performance monitoring
- Assist with security architecture and monitoring
- Evaluate and recommend new technology upgrades; evaluate new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software/hardware
- Ensure all Windows based servers are adhering to change control and standard policies
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents
- Maintaining documentation and diagrams regarding the Windows environments
- Assist in planning/implementing installation and Disaster Recovery for hosted applications
- Coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server and core infrastructure services environment
- Participate in root cause analysis efforts and problem investigation, as required
- Manage and maintain MS Server environments 2008/2012/2016 including enterprise directory services, DNS, IIS, MS Communicator and Lync/ SKYPE.
- Occasionally leads technical teams as needed toward meeting project objectives
- Works closely with key project team members such as; project managers, business analyst, technical leads, and business users
- Identify potential trends in performance gaps and recommend modifications to the standardized work documents by using process improvement principles
- Design and implement system resource plans for upcoming applications
- Exercises independent judgement and decision making.
- Participates in special projects as required
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on All-Source Analysts joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Tampa, FL
All-Source Analyst duties:
- Ability to conduct functional and all-source analysis geographically within Northeast Africa, Middle East, and/or Central and South Asia.
- Gather and analyze information; present assessments to senior decision makers as needed
- Provide all-source analysis of information gathered
- Conduct Analysis, Production, Application, and Dissemination with minimal production edits in any of the following areas:
- Current and Term analysis
- Current Intelligence Support
- Political-Military analysis
- Human Terrain / Socio-culture
- Geospatial Intelligence
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Ballistic Missiles
- Open Source
- Order of Battle
- Target Intelligence, Target Materials, and / or Target Discovery Analysis
- In some cases, 24/7 shift work may be required for situational awareness and warning
- Potential for deployment
- Participates in special projects as required
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Responsible for developing and implementing security engineering processes and procedures in cloud architectures. Familiar with continuous security monitoring and tools.
- Cyber Security/Computer and Network Defense Expert
- Concentrates on overall technical and operational effectiveness of capabilities
- Provides recommendation on continuous improvement of the processes and architecture supporting the overall Cyber Defense operational activities including, but not limited to, analysis, incident handling and reporting products, and the reporting lifecycle
- Ensures effective operation of IT systems and network defenses
- Provides effective incident response capabilities, usable and effective reports that address overall situational awareness
- Maximizes the use of tools to correlate information and synthesize data into usable and actionable events
- Identifies and provides an agile approach to the automation of any manual or inefficient processes that exist across the cyber defense program
- Recommends and implements technical solutions designed to return time to mission
- Determines application and infrastructure security requirements by evaluating business strategies and system requirements; conducts system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studies application architecture platforms to identify potential integration issues
- Recommends security standards and ensures compliance through system monitoring, audits, and implementing compensating controls where appropriate
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to safeguard internal systems, network, and applications
- Monitors, evaluates, and continuously improves the organization by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver.
- Implements continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process
- Reports, investigates and resolves security incidents in conjunction with global security operations
We are currently seeking an IT Systems Engineer to add to our team to support. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in implementing and maintaining a number of networks with varying needs and levels of complexity, to include user facing networks and a multiple DEV/TEST lab environment. The ideal candidate will have prior systems or network administration experience, and be able work effectively with a team.
- Help plan, implement and maintain the IT infrastructure and systems for multiple networks
- Perform the implementation, configuration, and administrations of:
- Windows Server
- RedHat/Centos Linux servers
- Microsoft Exchange
- VMware products
- Security Appliances
- Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- Common business applications
- Perform remote and on-site support for IT
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to build necessary lab environments supporting Windows, Linux, Citrix, VMware, AWS, Cisco and Avaya systems
- Exercises independent judgement and decision making.
- Participates in special projects as assigned
Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Manage Foreign Military Sales (FMS) policy issues for countries in portfolio, to advise and provide staff assistance to the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Defense Exports and Cooperation (DASA DE&C) on significant security assistance matters pertaining to the release and sale Army systems to countries who request them.
- Monitor, review, analyze, and coordinate security assistance issues with Army stakeholders, DoD and non-DoD agencies to ensure compliance with established policies, to include: the Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM), the National Disclosure Policy (NDP), the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), the Foreign Assistance Act, the Arms Export Control Act, and other regulations and legislation.
- Coordinate and develop the Army position on security assistance policy, FMS/transfers and technology release issues for Letters of Request (LORs). Understand, review, analyze, and coordinate country requests for FMS, diversions, drawdowns, IMET, leases, cases, and co-production, to ensure that they can be fulfilled with Army systems, services, training, and assets.
- Review, analyze and coordinate requests for Exceptions to the National Disclosure Policy and Excess Defense Articles. Develop priorities and Army position on Presidential Drawdowns.
- Consult with and provide advice to US industry, country teams, DoD, State, and MILDEP counterparts on the implementation of security cooperation programs for assigned countries. Participate in Security Assistance Reviews and Unified Command (CENTCOM, PACOM, EUCOM) Conferences.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an HPC (High Performance Computing) Computational Scientist / Engineer you will be trusted to support our HPC PET program with locations across the USA.
The Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Productivity Enhancement and Training (PET) initiative. PET enhances the capability and productivity of the HPCMP community through training, collaboration, tool and software development, technology transfer, and outreach.
We currently have a position in Huntsville, AL (could be remote) for an HPC Programmer
You will join teams of computational experts representing a critical mass of expertise in key areas of support for the HPCMP.
Key Computational Functional Areas that may be supported include:
- Computational Biology, Chemistry, and Materials Science (CCM),
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Computational Electronics, Networking and Systems/C4I (ENS)
- Computational Structural Mechanics (CSM)
- Climate/Weather/Ocean Modeling and Simulation (CWO)
- Data and Decision Analytics (DDA).
- Environmental Quality Modeling and Simulation (EQM)
- Forces Modeling and Simulation (FMS)
- Integrated Modeling and Test Environments (IMT)
- Space and Astrophysical Sciences (SAS)
- Signal/Image Processing (SIP)
- Computational Electromagnetics and Acoustics (CEA)
Duties may include the following;
- Software Refactoring to Optimize Performance for Emerging Architectures
- High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA): Technical support for customer projects that span the range of computational disciplines that require data analytical tools and methods.
- Emerging Hardware (HW) Exploration: Supporting the evaluation of emerging hardware for potential deployment
Technical Skills should include the following:
- Expertise in the use of various programming languages used in scientific high-performance computing (FORTRAN, C/C++, Perl, Python), scientific visualization software (e.g., EnSite), and mesh generation software (e.g. Pointwise, GRIDGEN) is also preferred.
- Experience with Linux on large scale systems.
- Extensive knowledge of HPC and parallel programming techniques (e.g. MPI, OpenMP), in multiple physical science domains.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.