Click column header to sort
******* Work location for this position is Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO ***********
General Dynamics IT is hiring at Schriever AFB, CO, supporting Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) for Air Force Space Command (AFSPC). We seek to hire talented and motivated individuals who want to become part of a stable, growth oriented company and a dedicated team. This position supports Computer Network Defense (CND) and DCO operations for several AFPSC programs as Cyber Incident Responders.
Conducts 24/7 Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) support activities on Air Force Space Control Network (AFSCN) mission system, Geosynchronous Space Situational Awareness Program (GSSAP) mission system or Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) mission systems. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Typical tasks include perform monitoring operations; report cyber security events and anomalies; provide analysis and recommendations, Vulnerability Management (VM) and Malware Protection / Vulnerability Assessment and Analysis (VAA), Intrusion Analysis and Correlation Information, incident handling, mission operations transfer, exercise and assessment support.
Sr. Project Manager
Top Secret Clearance
US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the warfighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
1. The IT Project Manager will be required to plan and manage various customer facing IT Projects.
2. The Project Manager will work closely with the Program's Project Portfolio Manager and government client to develop project estimates (schedules, cost estimates, materials, services, etc.) to meet the client's requirement.
3. The IT Project Manager will be client-facing and required to deliver projects on time and within budget. Projects will vary in scope and size depending on the nature of the requirement.
4. A range of projects may be assigned at a time which may include coordination with various engineering teams, vendors and other non GDIT contract personnel.
5. Projects may consists of large OS migrations, physical IT hardware relocations, standing up new locations with all of the required IT infrastructure and user facing devices, life-cycle and device recap projects, etc.
6. The project manager will facilitate, manage and execute project activities from large or complex tasks that may include enterprise systems integration, data maintenance and migration, and other analysis of projects.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges.
We were recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
The main responsibility of a Lync/ Skype for Business Engineer is to:
- Support and troubleshoot the Unified Communications products (OCS, Lync Server, Skype for Business) in both small and large environments.
- Design and deploy Skype for Business server infrastructure, including integrations and/or configurations of the following: Audio/Video/Web Conferencing, Session Border Controllers/Gateways, Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, SIP Trunk Configuration, Call Admission Control and Quality of Service, High Availability and Disaster Recovery, Federation, Polycom integration, Reverse Proxy, Persistent Chat, Office Web Apps, Firewall Rules, and Monitoring/Reporting.
- Perform migrations from Lync 2010 to Skype for Business. Configure mobile access for Skype for Business.
The area of expertise includes: MS Windows Server, Network, VOIP and MS Unified Communications solutions (Office Communications Server, Lync Server, Skype for Business, Office 365). This position is part of a Tier 3 team responsible for the overall design, administration and support of Exchange and other system application interfaces. The individual will be responsible for the organizations messaging and applications that interface with them, as well as system updates, security compliance, patch deployment, and monitoring the overall health of the messaging environment. This individual will also create documentation and will instruct staff on the proper use of these systems and their functions. Some other responsibilities include:
- Diagnosis of incidents, problems and change implementation.
- Maintenance and development of Lync Server/ Skype for Business/ Office 365 platforms.
- Management of server and application environment, system performance, service capacity and quality
- Deployment and migration of Lync Server/ Skype for Business Server/ Office 365 solutions.
- Participation in projects and transitions of new services.
- Cooperation and consulting with experts in other technical areas
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
1. Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
2. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
3. Lays out and marks points on parts or sub-assemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
7. May serve as a team leader.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, monitors, and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
1. Performs expert level development and delivery of highly complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives
2. Must have instructional, and operational experience with the customer
3. Must have a strong technical background, and field experience
4. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives
5. Is recognized as a subject matter expert in the field in which he/she is training
6. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
7. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness
8. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance
9. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead
11. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies
12. Provides analysis and research for national security, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability
13. Prepares assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information
14. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success
15. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas
17. Participates in special projects as required
Sustains Navy enterprise business operation application.
1. Provides application maintenance and technical support for customer websites.
2. Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics.
3. Provides technical consultation for upgrades and enhancements of existing systems.
4. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents updates for application programs.
5. Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
6. Plans, schedules and conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action.
7. May prepare technical user guides.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Member of the system administration team for a major DOD enterprise network. Actively monitors operational condition of all systems. Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
- The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
- Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.