Click column header to sort
See SCA Directory of Occupatios
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
- Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
- Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
- Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for welding and assembly.
- Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
- Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must be able to read and demonstrate proficiency in interpretation and understanding of NAVSEA drawings and production documents.
- Have the ability to efficiently use oxygen/acetylene torches and Plasma machines for cutting metal from raw plate.
- Have the ability to become OSHA Certified, Fire Watch Certified and Respirator Qualified
- Able to measure and transfer dimensions from drawings to onsite Ship's conditions and configurations.
- Possess and display the knowledge and ability to be able to find centerline onboard Navy vessels.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to verify prefabricated material against NAVSEA drawings for correctness.
- Knowledge of Naval Ships framing and spacing, as well as, Ship Compartment designations.
- Able to operate metal shaping electrical tools.
- Able to set up welding machines for different welding processes, utilize safety equipment and perform work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- VT Level II certification as a Weld Inspector is desired
- Willing to travel. Some durations may be four to six months long.
- Willing to work overtime on an as needed basis.
- Possess the attitude and ability to work in a team environment and as a team player.
- MUST have own local transportation.
Customer prefers 630-7 am start, Will repair electric forklift/chargers, electric utility vehicles/charges, electric pallet jacks, diesel engine drive forklifts, gasoline engine driven tug, and electric man lifts. Use various scanners and other tools to diagnose and repair vehicles. Possess mechanic skills to perform indecently and without any immediate supervision. Tests vehicles after all repairs are completed to verify that the repair was successful. Inform parts department which parts are required to perform repairs. Advise management on equipment availability, repair, and office coverage. Interact directly with machine operators to discuss maintenance issues and with vendors to order parts. Maintain soft/hard repair history as well as preventative maintenance performed. Physical copy will be stored in maintenance shop and stored electronically in Excel and Access. Basic spreadsheet manipulation and key-stroking is required. Receives and stores materials in a warehouse or storage facility.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Mechanics alternate these schedules: 0600-1430, 0700-1530, 0700-1800 (core hours at 0700-1530). Holiday and Weekend work for emergencies. On call mechanic rotation duties are required 0700-1830. Talk to customer about specific schedule. Mechanics use diagnostics, skill, and knowledge to detect issues with a vehicle. Repairs assigned vehicles in a safe and secure state. Disassemble and reassemble engines as necessary. Use snap on scanner, hand held diagnostic scanner, tire pressure monitor scanner and dial calipers used to check disc brake rotor thickness. Inform parts department which parts are required to perform repairs. Respond to roadside assistance calls. Perform road test after all repairs. Call maintenance supervisor if there is an issue that can not resolve. Perform Safety and emmission inspections.
Supports PMA-226 Egyptian SH-2G program, as the in-country Weapons System Liaison Officer (WSLO). Responsible for the program coordination and liaison between Naval Air Systems Command and the Egyptian Air Force (EAF). Provides communication interface with various program supporting offices and commands. Ensures that the Program Manager (PM) and Deputy Assistant Program Manager for Logistics (DAPML) are kept fully aware of all program issues.
Provides expert analytical and technical support to involve training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise. Coordinate the support equipment and spares shipments for EAF. Assist with coordination and warehousing on the arrival of repair of repairables, spare parts, calibration equipment and support equipment. Provides supply and technical recommendations to the EAF in maintaining levels of equipment at the highest level of readiness.
Plans, directs and coordinates a broad variety of administrative, technical and operational functions and maintenance of the aircraft. Prepares briefs to TAF leadership as required. Interprets policy and guidelines pertaining to supportability of the SH-2 Program. Conduct status meeting with EAF personnel.
Participate in and provide technical support and analysis during LCPD/Site Survey.
Assist and train to improve performance and efficiency of the in-county WEBROR. Identify problematic areas of the supply system and advice on the necessary procedural changes to be incorporated to improve the ROR process. Assist the EAF to manage and ship RoR components.
Provides support to the EAF in their decision making process for additional procurements and equipment upgrades to the system. Maintain awareness of all problematic issues related to the EAF program support and investigate as directed by the Program Office.
Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
Address maintenance concepts and procedures, training, training equipment, support and test equipment, transportation and other program areas as required. Assist customer with out of production ILS issues.
Supports the Program Offices interactions with the Egyptian Air Force (EAF). Tasking will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Initiate action items as requested by EAF personnel for resolution by the Program Office.
- Provide program record management for historical records and documentation.
- Program Office meetings to include management of facilities and development of meeting minutes.
- Provide technical and research assistance. Researching action items initiated by the Program Office and developing a resolution for presentation to EAF as directed.
- Developing briefing material in support of program meetings with EAF.
- Facilitate Program Office meetings and training events held in country.
- Special projects as assigned.
This position is in support of the 24/7 NOSC team based here in Tampa.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. Performs monitoring functions utilizing SPLUNK and SolarWinds.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users, co-workers, leadership and evaluates vendor products. Provides documented updates, fix actions or escalates issues as needed.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users. Acts as backup to the Consolidated Service Desk.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Shift work required.
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance and system security standards, procedures and documentation.
- Develops and ensure controls and processes are in place and working effectively to maintain a strong system security posture.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Designs, develops, engineers, recommends and implements solutions that meet customer security requirements.
- Integrates and implements enterprise and cybersecurity solutions.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates enterprise security projects and initiatives.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for complex and diverse computer systems and platforms.
- Leads and performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A).
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Supports and embraces the identification and adoption of emerging technologies and the development of technology roadmaps.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Defense Division is currently looking for an experienced Back-End Developer to join our team. The position will support our client in San Diego.
The back-end Developer researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Work will be on an application for mission planning and command and control (C2) systems for unmanned subsurface and small air vehicles.
On-site representative responsible for communicating directly with civil engineering, communications squadrons, base support as an interface back to our team at Tyndall. The single site representative who operates and sustains local equipment, coordinates with field install teams, liaises with base support personnel. Performs OM&S of network, systems, IA controls, cyber ops, reporting support. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Additional tasks include;
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Passports are required to support on-site staffing and travel requirements.
- There will be CONUS and OCONUS travel for assessments, installations, and to support on-site sustainment.
- Cyber security certification by position are required (IAT III/IAM III).
- DoD SECRET clearance required.
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security highly desired but not required.
- Familiarity with USAF EITDR and DoD eMASS desired but not required.
- Knowledge of DOD and Air Force DIACAP, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Assurance, and NETOPS is a plus.
- Familiarity with NIST 800 series desired but not required.
- Experience with DoD and US Air Force (USAF) desired but not required.
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Regional Cyber Center – Europe. The USARCC-E’s mission is to operate, manage and defend the European and African portion of the Army’s NIPRnet and SIPRnet. The RCC-E provides Information Technology (IT) services and network operations to the Joint Information Environment (JIE), insuring the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information and systems used in planning, coordinating, directing, controlling, and sustaining military forces. This contract supports USAREUR, USARAF, USEUCOM, and USAFRICOM missions with robust, reliable and secure information systems support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The RCC-E Database Administration Support Analyst:
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
- Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the high availability of all Army databases in Europe
- Is responsible for managing varied databases on standalone servers and clusters and supporting a variety of applications and system.
- Supports database on unclassified NIPRnet, and classified SIPRnet networks including Microsoft SQL 2012/2014.
- Serves as a liaison with customers to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Oversees the quality of the work product performed by eDiscovery Case Managers.
- Drives quality and process improvement.
- Monitors QA processes throughout all phases of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Write lifecycle documentation, including eDiscovery compliance requirements related to electronic searches via an email archive tool, process specifications, and production deliverables.
- Support administrative tasks for eDiscovery.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.