Click column header to sort
As a Desktop Support Administrator you will provide Tier 2 level user and hardware support of Windows based network systems. Responsibilities included installing and configuring computers; and monitoring network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers; scanners; and related hardware. Configuring CISCO switch ports; additionally pulls cables and rewires; or guides the work of others in the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration. Troubleshoots computer hardware and software issues including; e-mail; network and peripheral equipment; and makes repairs and corrections where required. Coordinates priorities with numerous functional areas to ensure timely completion; acts as a primary interface for both internal and external customers. Must be self-motivated and have a capacity to determine the correct course of action on their own; as well as work through issues with minimal help from others.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Provides technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to existing information technology infrastructure. Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction on projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Development of Intranet sites built on SharePoint 2013/2016
- Support, configure, and develop SharePoint sites, pages, webparts, which include the organization’s main intranet portal
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows and forms
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections
- Test emerging SharePoint and application development software products
- Experience with form and workflow development within SharePoint
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security.
- Understanding of SharePoint administration including management of service applications, web applications, site collection administration and solution deployment
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions.
We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Project Server SME will be required to plan and manage various Project Server projects and will work closely with the Program's Project Portfolio Manager and government client to develop project estimates (schedules, cost estimates, materials, services, etc.) to meet the client's requirement.
- The Project Server SME will be internal-facing and required to deliver projects on time and within budget. Projects will vary in scope and size depending on the nature of the requirement
- A range of projects may be assigned at a time which may include coordination with various engineering teams, vendors and other non GDIT contract personnel.
- Projects may consists of large OS migrations, physical IT hardware relocations, standing up new locations with all of the required IT infrastructure and user facing devices, life-cycle and device recap projects, etc.
- The Project Server SME will facilitate, manage and execute project activities from large or complex tasks that may include enterprise systems integration, data maintenance and migration, and other analysis of projects.
GDIT is seeking a Systems Architect to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Architect Level 3 (Systems Engineer Senior):
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Supports the development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures
- Designs system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces
- Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Performs evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs
Skills / Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architectural principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Required Security Environment Certification: CASP, CISSP, or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: MCSA Server 2012 or 2016, test one in the series to start and within 180 days will require MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel maybe required in support of customer's mission requirements
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Network Specialist, System Administrator.
Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange.
- Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- May design embedded systems software.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Provide technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business.
- Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS.
- Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with OCS 2007 R2, 2010, 2013. Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
- Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems.
- Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access.
- Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
- Responds to computer security breaches and viruses.
The Army Public Health Command’s (APHC) mission is to promote health and prevent disease, injury, and disability of Soldiers and military retirees, their families, and the Department of the Army civilian employees; and assure effective execution of full spectrum veterinary service for Army and Department of Defense Veterinary missions. GDIT is seeking a Biostatistician/Epidemiologist to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provides statistical guidance and provides recommendations for study design and statistical analysis.
- Writes or reviews statistical section of protocols, prepares analysis plans, and writes detailed specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures. Interprets analyses and writes statistical sections of study reports.
- Communicates with data managers, study personnel, and other clients regarding statistical design, programming, and analysis.
- Develops and updates appropriate statistical documentation, stores documents and data, and performs all functions in accordance with applicable regulations, guidance, and procedures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, regulations, standards, practices, and procedures.
- Analyzes health-related data. Works semi-independently to perform the functions of the job, using knowledge, experience, professional judgment, and input of project and organizational leaders to plan and accomplish goals.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an IT Engineer with Microsoft Enterprise Systems Administrator experience to join our team in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the IT Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include providing Tier 2 support of maintaining multiple large Enterprise environment that spans CONUS and OCONUS boundaries. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environments.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
System Administrative duties to include management of Windows and Linux workstations on EVDI and physical
- Troubleshooting application functionality, crash and performance
- Investigate user performance and work with external teams to improve user experience
- Assist customers with Tier 2 incident resolution for Linux and windows applications.
- Provide remote end user desktop support
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system incidents with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions. Responds to escalated service desk/team requests.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Willingness to provide initial triage, response, and notifications for incidents
- Participates in special projects as required.
Customer Services and Information Technology Officer
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Customer Services and Information Technology Officer joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Customer Services and Information Technology Officer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT issues while delivering outstanding customer service. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Working on a team comprised of a wide variety of experienced personnel that provide coverage from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Resolving technical problems and answering queries by telephone or self-service that involve computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Providing basic user training in support of off the shelf applications and office products.
- Performing remote desktop triage and system repair using remote tools.
- Maintaining and updating records and tracking databases
- Managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Experience using domain admin, experience utilizing Lotus Notes/Domino and Active Directory
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
Our client’s vision is to be the central epidemiological resource and a global health surveillance proponent for the U.S. Armed Forces. The Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center provides timely, relevant, actionable, and comprehensive health surveillance information in order to promote, maintain, and enhance the health of military and military-associated populations.
We are seeking a Program Scientist to aid in that mission.
- Assist in supporting an effective AFHSC biosurveillance program and operational mission.
- Effectively liaise with AFHSC internally and with external USG and non-USG partner leading to the successful establishment of collaborations and/or partnerships.
- Assist in meeting information requirements of Combatant Commands (CCMDs) and other military and civilian programs and projects.
- Coordinate the gathering and assembly of data related to specific projects and perform detailed scientific analysis.
- Support collaborations across the AFHSC to develop and enhance AFHSC biosurveillance information products integrating data and information from various sources.
- Support the Innovation and Evaluation team as the point of contact and coordination for the Division of Integrated Biosurveillance
- Prepare and present formal and informal presentations to military, other government and civilian publications, and provide mentoring and informal and formal teaching to the staff.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.