Click column header to sort
GDIT is currently seeking a Senior Proposal Manager in Falls Church, VA to join our team. In this role you will manage enterprise, complex, multi-billion dollar proposals and other large proposals including technical, cost, and other proposal volumes for Defense and Other Federal customers by developing and ensuring the timely submission of high quality, RFP-compliant and compelling proposals that can win in collaboration with large capture and proposal teams.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a strategic role as we work together to create the Next GDIT and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to critical technology and mission challenges. The extent of our portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands. The responsibility for determining our customers’ needs and priorities and helping to shape customer acquisitions to position GDIT to win makes this both a challenging and rewarding opportunity!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of complex, voluminous proposals for Enterprise, multi-billion dollar and other large opportunities in collaboration with the Capture Manager and a team of experts in diverse areas.
- Interact effectively, both verbally and in writing, with senior leadership and staff including the capture manager, program/project manager, account manager, and others throughout the development of the proposal, both Pre-RFP and Post RFP.
- Develop a proposal strategy that results in a high quality, compliant and compelling proposal that will score high have the optimal win probability.
- Manage and be accountable for compliance and the timely submission of the proposal by managing and controlling all proposal activities against the proposal schedule and the RFP’s requirements within GDIT’s complex business environment.
- Lead the development of storyboards, proposal mock-ups and iterations of the proposal (across all proposal volumes including the cost volume) through a final version for submission to the Government.
- Develop and conduct, structured and organized proposal kick-off meetings that establishes the plan to develop the proposal and the responsibilities and expectations of all proposal authors/writers and contributors.
- Conduct proposal color reviews and/or collaborate with the assigned color review lead or chair in the conduct of color reviews that effectively achieve useful, actionable comments and recommendations from the review teams.
- Effectively communicate and lead technical experts and proposal center staff (e.g., desktop publishing, production, graphics) to achieve the objectives of the proposal effort. The position requires the ability to coach subject matter experts and other contributors in persuasive writing.
- Effectively communicate with GDIT leadership as required including the CEO during reviews and presentations to GDIT leadership about the proposal effort.
- Work under pressure -- This is a highly collaborative position that requires ability to work under pressure and under challenging deadlines of proposals that have GDIT CEO visibility.
- Coach the selected team in RFP-required oral presentations to the Government customer through rehearsals and other methods to ensure the presentation meets timelines specified in the RFP.
- For oral presentations required by the RFP, ensure compliance, develop outline and structure of presentation, and collaborate with team to establish clear, relevant messages.
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Systems Administrator – please continue to read below!
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes procurement recommendations, coordinates installation & provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Performs proactive system monitoring a remediation utilizing monitoring tools.
- Accomplishes forensic actions to resolve CND related events specific to system server applications.
- May perform patching and updating of servers and services as directed by system engineer managers.
**Shift work required**
Provide end-to-end expertise of software applications; from an understanding of how software is employed at the user level; new software requirements; test case development; testing procedures; conducting Post Test Reviews (PTR); attending and providing analysis at User Acceptance Meetings; After Action Reviews (AAR) and submittal of final reports. Develops test cases and tests the performance of new and existing; enhanced software. Establishes and maintains suites of computers to support various test conditions. Develops/updates test plans and publishes written test results. Test and debugs development team's deliverables. Updates and maintains Configuration Management documents. Performs test case analysis and is responsible for timely release of all test deliverables.
Testing plays an important role in software development. Our SCRUM team is looking for someone who is not afraid to ‘break’ software. You will develop, review and execute test suites, report any defects and help in planning of regression testing, as well contribute to test automation. Use existing testing tools to assist with test design and validation of test data. Provide recommendations to improve the development process. Support legacy and maintenance testing.
Full Time Position- 40 Hours Per Week
Provide military identification cards and Common Access Cards (CAC) issuance services using Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and Real Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) based on verification of customer eligibility in accordance with all DoD and Army policies, directives and regulations. Account for, control, verify, and issue military identification cards and CACs for Active Duty military, National Guard and Reserve members, military retirees, family members/dependents, and other eligible recipients. Register, process and maintain DEERS information as part of a Verifying Official's responsibilities. Perform all ID Card and CAC issuance related tasks to include review, research and verification of source documents, verifying eligibility, and discussing entitlements. Perform operator level maintenance on RAPIDS System in order to maintain proper operation.
Specific Skill Requirements and essential Job Functions:
Must be a US Citizen.
Must pass a pre-employment background check
Must pass National Agency Check with Inquires (NACI) Investigation
Must be able to obtain and maintain post access
GDIT is seeking a Technical Editor/Analyst to support a large technical team in Chantilly, VA. The Technical Editor/Analyst will review materials for clarity, punctuation, grammar, format, and content. The position also requires some developing or writing of materials, technical architecture diagrams, user guides, workflows, and maintaining document repositories. Secondary responsibilities will be to provide assistance with requirements management, Configuration Management, and software testing.
- Proofread, format, analyze, edit, and when necessary, write or rewrite a variety of documents
- Verify research, check facts, and organize materials to improve content and style
- Create and revise engineering and architectural flow charts and diagrams
- Familiarity with managing documents written for multiple versions of hardware and software products
- Have the ability to multitask on more than one project at a time
- Ability to work with a group or independently and be able to complete assigned tasks within the required deadlines
- When necessary, assist with identifying and decomposing project requirements
- When needed, perform system functional testing and identify potential software errors and bugs
- Participate in special projects as necessary
- Assist with general project coordination and project management activities
- Generate briefings, reports, and other documents
Researches, prepares and edits technical documents.
1. Researches, prepares and edits complex technical documents for publication, including user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
2. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
3. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
4. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
5. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
6. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical documentation staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs/leads technical tasks towards fabrication of structures and foundations.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of considerable complexity.
6. Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
8. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Manages the day to day operations of the capability
- Arranges/attends/and conducts meetings and briefings to coordinate GEFS3 efforts with NECS, ARCYBER, and supported commands
- Coordinates, executes, and tracks shipments
- Creates documentation, briefings, and project plans necessary to support GEFS3.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Serves as a Collective Training Specialist for the United States Army Reserve Command's Collective Training Division of the G37. Responsible for coordinating and assisting units with developing training and exercise plans that adhere to established requirements. Coordinates with units to ensure that training and exercise requirements and standards are understood. Provides expert-level analytical and technical support to staff projects involving training & exercise requirements, and those systems impacting such training.
Provides input to staff on training management. Assists units in planning and organizing their training for ARFORGEN training rotations at Functional, Warrior and/or CSTX exercises; Combat Training Centers (CTC); Overseas Deployment Training (ODT) missions; etc. Coordinates training and readiness matters with other training affiliates as appropriate.
Analyzes apportioned and allocated unit readiness data to provide training management advice on issues of manning or equipping and their impact on both pre-mobilization and/or pre-deployment training.
As necessary: Manages and maintains allocated unit rosters; provides updates to training staff members on changes to deployment requirements; analyzes changes and/or problems with training plans and recommends solutions to management. Conducts in-depth research on theater specific operations, lessons learned and newly developed tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used in the development and management of pre- and post-mobilization training plans. Works with allocated units on theater mission analysis, adjustment of their METL or supporting tasks to match their future assigned mission and pre-deployment training execution. Maintains knowledge of unit training readiness and advises AR Staff on solutions to improve readiness posture. Conducts liaison with Mobilization Training Center (MTC) and/or Combat Training Center (CTC) staffs, as appropriate; Provides training updates and advises the USARC staff on MTC training matters and recommends solutions to issues. Works with O&F Commands and other outside agencies to ensure taskings and/or training support plans and products will meet USAR units training demands. Coordinates with subordinate units and higher headquarters for tasking and/or training support. Works with O&F Commands and other outside agencies to ensure training related taskings and/or training support will meet USAR units training demands. Conducts coordination with center/post/site training managers and agencies to ensure agencies are aware of training exercise requirements and assist in resolving any conflicts identified, prior to exercise execution. Participates, as directed, in Notification of Sourcing (NOS), Joint Assessment, CTC scheduling, and Initial Planning Conferences, Mid Planning Conferences to assist in production or validation of training plans. Prepares briefings and other required materials as directed.
Knowledge includes an understanding of military training, doctrine, planning and, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and force structure in order to doctrinally incorporate training units into exercises or Culminating Training Events (CTE).
Serves as the technical advisor to the government in assigned subject areas, recommending changes and identifying areas for further review. Writes and updates training and exercise related documentation including presentations, operations orders and training plans. Prepares briefings and staff actions for the G37 and Chief of Collective Training for directed CTC requirements and taskings.
Works in a highly intense information technology (IT) environment required to maximize the use of military systems, programs and databases of record, DAMPS, DTMS, UTS, mission specific digital systems/tools, and other available IT assets in the conduct of mission support.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Engineer, Software – Software Engineer (L3)
Location: Ft Meade, MD
As an intermediate systems engineer, performs design of server and application architectures. Performs the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes practices and procedures, monitors usage statistics and logs, monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Software Engineer:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Possesses knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in web software development and design
- Familiar with Agile-Scrum methodology and practices
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Env: MCSE Server 2012 must take test one 70-410 prior to starting and must obtain MCSE Server 2012 within 180 days from their start date. If you elect to take the server 2016, you will start with test 70-740 and must obtain MCSE Server 2016 within 180 days from their start date.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
NAVAL PROPULSION CONTROLS TECHNICIAN
Provides engineering, logistics and technical support to Southeast Region Maintenance Center (SERMC) at US Naval Station Mayport, FL in the assessment and oversight of repair of US Navy ship's propulsion control systems. Experience required is a combination of mechanical, electronic, and electrical disciplines but is primarily electronic in nature.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.