Click column header to sort
Network Administrator Level 2
Fort Meade, Maryland
GDIT is seeking Network Administrator to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Administrator:
- Performs administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware
- Must have firm grasp and knowledge of fiber and copper-based Ethernet technologies, capabilities and cabling and their connectivity to local and wide area networks
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Installs and configures network hardware and software
- Provides network troubleshooting and support
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Administers network security
- Backs up file server data/disks
- Provides complex server maintenance
- Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with network infrastructure and/or components
Skills / Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment (CE) certification: CCNA
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require occassional travel
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
JOC Systems Engineer
US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the warfighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
1. Perform systems administration of physical and virtual server systems in various environments
2. Provide implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WSUS and file sharing
3. Manage IT system infrastructure, processes, and develop new procedures as changes are integrated into the Windows Network.
4. Provide Tier III problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of unique enterprise environment issues
5. Support the project team to engineer server solutions supporting open and closed network environments and all required services based off project goals
6. Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills to support Host Based Security System (HBSS)
7. Individually evaluate and prep software for automated deployment/updates through SCCM
8. Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
9. Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
10. Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
11. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
12. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
13. May program in an administrative language.
14. Provides advice and training to end-users.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
16. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
17. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
18. Participates in special projects as required.
Senior Network Administrator
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Network Administrator that is able to work independently and provide routine desktop support – please read below!
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Is part of a team with personnel located throughout the Southwest Asia (SWA). Will be required to support customers at local and remote sites.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Will occasionally be required to perform desktop support, support systems, information assurance and logistics duties.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
The Information Technology (IT) Modernisation (ITM) project will transform the way IT services are provided to users across the NATO enterprise, including the NATO Command Structure (NCS), the NATO Headquarters (NHQ), elements of the NATO Force Structure and NATO agencies. This will be achieved by modernizing, consolidating, and centralizing the infrastructure and service management, and by pooling and abstracting resources. In turn, this will allow an enterprise perspective to be taken, and services to be delivered according to standard and measureable service level agreements, offering a higher quality, more flexible, resilient, and secure set of services at significantly lower costs to the user community.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Provides customer system engineering support in defining and implementing the necessary solutions to customer problems with work-processes and tools which address those problems.
- Provides direction in the development of solutions to both technical and human-centered disciplines such as control engineering and process management.
- Responsibilities also include the capacity to progressively link, test, and modify as necessary the customer’s system and service components that interface with the equipment and services and support systems provided by contractors and other customers and merge their respective functional characteristics into comprehensive, interoperable systems.
- Provides senior leadership for large projects or a significant segment of a large project.
- Translates customer requirements into formal agreements and plans that culminate in customer acceptance of results while meeting business objectives.
- Oversees the development of the proposed solution.
- Performs as the project lead in initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing tasks of a project or a segment of a project to produce an acceptable solution.
- Analyzes new and complex project-related problems and creates innovative solutions to the customer’s requirements.
- Creates technical drawings for the purpose of visually and concisely defining a technical requirement or specification.
- Practical experience and management in large scale data center design, build-out, migration, and operations.
- Hands on experience with data center infrastructure to include: virtualization, storage, transport
- Hands on experience firewall and security appliances
Performs administrative duties in support of a department or customer. Works on a short-term, seasonal basis. Develp program budget, prepare customer financial deliverables and other duties as assigned.
General Dynamics has an opening for a Operations Trainer in a 24x7x365 Operational environment. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This is primarily a day-shift position, Monday - Friday. Shift may need to be altered to accommodate training operational crew or to occasionally cover operator shifts.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Designs and develops technical training curriculum and products by using the Analysis, Designs, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) methodology
- Ensures training courses address multiple levels of Operator and Customer experience.
- Designs course outlines, gathering supporting technical documentation and developing course workbooks and trainer notes
- Provides feedback, inputs and helps craft technical documentation to assist other employees
- Interfaces with engineering to develop specifications for course content
- Assesses customer and Operator needs for future course development; creates course of action to update Operator training records and implement new training.
- Tracks Operator training metrics, and provides analysis of training metrics to Operation management as needed
- Conducts Operator training, as needed.
- Responsible for the onsite Logistics Program; Coordinating with Factory Logistician to disposition components, maintaining the onsite logistics database, and tracking the availability of key components
- Serves as a member of the site Process Improvement Team by assisting the Configuration Manager with analyzing, running, tracking, and providing metrics for the process to improve operational excellence; assists with providing an analysis of those metrics to Operations Manager
- Assist with covering operator shifts as needed
- Participates in special projects as required
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel
GD has an immediate opening for a Mission Planner Operator to join our Operations team at an undisclosed location. The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge equipment and systems that support some of our nation's fundamental defense services.
The Mission Planner is part of a 24X7 crew, operator, help desk, position that monitors services scheduled by users within an automated planning and scheduling system and serves as the first line of support to our system users. Tasks include monitoring status of initiated services, rescheduling as necessary for interrupted services, and assisting with service setup and execution. The Mission Operator performs the following duties to support successful mission operations to customers:
Situational Awareness and Monitoring:
- Monitor space-ground communications, status of system resources, schedules, tasks, and activities to enable informed operational decision making
- Follow approved operational procedures to take action in response to non-nominal conditions
- Identify, track, report, and coordinate internal and external outages
- Maintain awareness of planned outages and maintenance activities, account for these in scheduling, provide reporting as required, and coordinate with customers to create mitigation strategies
- Track and coordinate planned outages or maintenance activities
- Monitor communications and database updates from external segments related to planned outages
- Evaluate and assess impacts, coordinate with external segments, compile event data and impacts into tool, and follow procedures to notify customers
- Coordinate with external segments and customers to minimize operational impacts and ensure customer awareness of pending outages and key activities
- Follow approved procedures to mitigate and resolve issues
- Assess and evaluate impact of outages to customers
- Log and support reporting of outages to management and customers
- Support creation of a daily Morning Report following approved operational procedures
- Perform remote diagnostic monitoring of systems
- Support 24x7x365 mission operations in coordination with others including anomaly resolution
Mission Planning and Scheduling:
- Plan, schedule, and manage mission operations to satisfy mission requirements
- Support users with resource allocation analysis and service plan de-confliction in order to optimize mission
- Conduct analysis trending, and reporting following operational procedures
- Develop procedural workarounds to achieve full or partial restoration of operational capability in accordance with established and pre-coordinated plans, procedures, and/or tools
- Support contingency Operations Planning to support routine and contingency operations (e.g., space vehicle and ground anomalies and COOP)
- Follow procedures to notify customers as needed
- Monitor and perform actions related to mission processing
- Support requests for re-processing and/or playback, requests for lab analysis, and feedback to customers on results of each lab analysis and playback
Command and Control:
- Monitor payload telemetry and perform payload command and control
- Support payload operations in coordination with others
Customer/User Outreach and Support:
- Provide mission support to users following operational procedures
- Log problems reported by customers/users and track them to resolution
- Log mission-related communications with Ops floor including phone calls to/from users and external system segments
- Gather feedback on customer/user satisfaction and identify areas for improvement
- Support customer/user test needs to include system validation and customer/user field tests
- Perform periodic system end-to-end testing
- Support payload operations in coordination with others
- Participates in special projects as required
Duties and Tasks:
- Perform planning, scheduling, and reporting of services with the goal of providing prompt customer service to system users.
- Support overall operational crew activities for larger system
- Support system testing after upgrades and during maintenance activities
- Monitor system performance to be able to respond to anomaly event notifications and determine courses of action
- Coordinating with other crew members to maintain system state of health
- Report discrepancies concisely as they occur
- Investigate and rectify procedural discrepancies
- Identify areas of process improvement
- Coordinate with subsystem engineering subject matter experts to implement configuration changes and other maintenance activities on the network in accordance with operational procedures
- Providing daily system reports to customers.
- Able to do shift work.
Conducts strategic, operational, and/or tactical intelligence collection/collection management in one or more collection disciplines
GDIT is hiring a Clinical Healthcare Education Facilitator to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA)'s J7 Continuing Education Program Office located in Silver Spring, MD. The Continuing Education Program Office provides instruments of knowledge translation to facilitate the execution of continuing education events focusing on best practices relevant to health care professionals treating military and veteran populations, as well as their families, and other deployment-related issues that are credible, promising and evidence-based.
Learn More about J7 HERE
The ideal person must be familiar with continuing education (CE) accreditation processes. This position will regularly interact with the team and customers to ensure learning conforms to customer requirements and provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees. The Education Facilitator supports the development of quarterly reports to document results of customer feedback regarding various hosted events.
- Recruit presenters and work with them on content requirements, expectations, and CE process.
- Review CE event after action reports and develop them as necessary.
- Oversee event promotion activities, target audience identification and the outreach plan.
- Develop post-test questions for learners to earn continuing education credit.
- Support execution of CE event and live activities as needed; local travel from regular jobsite required on occasion.
- Make recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive scientific activities of the organization.
- Participate in annual, fiscal year CE event planning for themes, speakers, and topics. Provide clinical expertise as a Clinical Healthcare Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this area.
- Engage with Defense Health Agency Points of Contact (POCs) to identify qualified presenters and moderators.
- Send presenter invitation packages as needed (to include logistical instructions, time-lines, and expectations).
- Develop with Defense Health Agency POC, a cogent event title, summary information, and measurable learning objectives.
- Collect and review presenter submissions curriculum vitae’s, applicable disclosures, and other agreements.
- Facilitate finalization and approval of continuing education event descriptions and slides through Public Affairs Officers as necessary.
- Provide quality check point on deliverables, other written document, and technical requirements.
- Proficient in data analysis, Microsoft Excel or similar software.
- Proficient in writing data reports and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data.
- Provide general support and participate in cross training to support the entire Continuing Education Program Office to ensure the success of the contract. All team members support all areas.
- Familiar with continuing education accreditation standards (Joint Accreditation, AOTA, NBCC, ProCert, etc)
- One day of telework per week will be considered after one year of successful employment.
DVBIC SUMMARY: As a leader in traumatic brain injury research, the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 23 Army, Navy and Veterans Affairs medical treatment centers. General Dynamics Health Solutions’ researchers and healthcare professionals treat and track more than 8,500 TBI patients a year to measure the impact of care on long term health and occupational outcomes. Conducting 72 different clinical research studies – to include a 15-year congressional directed study – our experts educate political leaders, caregivers, clinicians, and the general public to provide and improve evidence-based, best practice TBI care for service members, veterans and their families
Find Out More About DVBIC HERE
The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with the performance of clinical investigation projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects, collection and organization of data, scheduling patients for follow up appointments.
- Performs data entry for clinical investigation projects and maintains databases.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintains study related documents and supplies in the investigator’s office; secures, organizes and documents as required following all federal/ state regulations.
- Creates, collects, disseminates, maintains appropriate files of study data, and assists with review and completion of study manuals and and SOPs.
- Screens consents and/or schedules potential research participants for testing or evaluation. Facilitates follow-up assessment reminders and scheduling.
- Extracts data from patient medical records; transcribes and resolves data queries in case report forms (hardcopy or electronic); prepares documents, under direction of project leaders; reports statistical analyses and descriptive data from patient's study books to be used in research/clinical investigations/studies reports.
- Maintains awareness and compliance of research regulatory issues.
- Communicates regularly with study team, under direction of project leaders, via email and conference calling as needed.
Sr. Systems Administrator / LINUX/SAN
General Dynamics is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator / LINUX/SAN for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will be involved in operating system and application maintenance and configuration, from acquisition to maintenance intervals and upgrades, to end of life planning. You will be responsible for security and configuration compliance and will work with other members of the IT System Administration Team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners and other teams associated with the division. As part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data and information.
The Sr. System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements. Provide data and assistance on audits. Document processes and follow documented procedures. Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
Responsible for maintaining an effective, efficient authentication and data storage system, works to ensure that the storage area network provides several expected benefits: Storage and restore operations must appropriately store information for later retrieval and keep such information appropriately secured. Additionally, system authentication protocols must be established, updated, and analyzed; the systems also must be optimized and waste minimal resources.
Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed. Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
- Install and administer hardware, Linux operating systems and software applications. Including system fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Install, configure, support and maintain storage area networks and associated technology.
- Administer networks, servers and associated schedules.
- Manage computer and user accounts, privileges and system access.
- Manage system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recovery.
- Manage, transform and provide user access to large datasets.
- Performs troubleshooting, analysis of alerts and repairs on systems.
- Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation.
- Implement security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements.
- Provide IT support for workstations, scanners and servers to ensure that operability requirements are up to date with latest patches and firmware and that the hardware is configured properly.
- Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies.
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify issues or inconsistencies; obtains relevant information, relates and compares data from different sources and identifies alternative solutions.
- Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
GDIT is currently seeking a part time/on call Proposal Writer / Technical Editor to join our team. In this role you will administer and coordinate the writing, research, design, development, and revision of proposals.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a strategic role as we work together to create the Next GDIT and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to critical technology and mission challenges. The extent of our portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands. The responsibility for determining our customers’ needs and priorities and helping to shape customer acquisitions to position GDIT to win makes this both a challenging and rewarding opportunity!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administer and coordinate the writing, research, design, development, and revision of proposals, with focus areas to include proposal editing and resume writing.
- Analyze RFP requirements, and develops compliant and compelling proposal content.
- Use the GDIT proposal Writing Style Guide to edit proposals.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.