Click column header to sort
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Core Hours-8-4; Location-LX; Front Office Exec. support Sr. Mgrs; Support approx. 30 in office; Calendar Mgmt.; Proficient w/Microsoft office products; Very strong/polished; Ability to work with Sr. Mgmt; Update/create processes; Order/track supplies/equipment.; Answer inquiries; Access requests; Pass/receive clearances; Back up for other AAs; Excellent understanding of d/bases to assist with accesses and troubleshooting.
This position is not yet funded:
An Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) includes skill requirements from a security or Office Security Program Office for all information technology issues such as malicious code eradication, configuration management, assessment and authorization of current and future systems. ISSOs shall know how to implement common information system security practices, policies, and technologies. Additionally, ISSOs demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, sound judgement, effective interpersonal skills, team building skills, and effective communication skills.
The Level 3 ISSO position is a senior level or subject matter expert (SME) information system security professional who provides advice and assistance to the Government regarding secure configuration and operation of Agency IT assets. Level-III ISSOs apply extensive knowledge and experience of a variety of information system security concepts, practices, and procedures.
Participates in special projects as required
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Core hours 0800-1630 flexibility in schedule as some tasks may require working until 1700. Correspondence regularly with students, instructors, program managers and other training administrators. Participate in meetings, coordinate tasks, review project status updates, and share best practices. Effective written/oral communications. Spend 50% of time doing Registrar duties. Set up course offerings, reserve classroom space, order materials, apply course credit, edit course information, send surveys. Track supply inventory, manage classroom supplies, coordinate with IT support for assistance with classroom IT. Assist with providing metrics reports and assist in schedule of classroom spaces and collect and distribute mail. Process visitor access requests and provide back-up escort support when required.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Engineer, Network – Network Engineer (L2)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Engineer:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Designs and performs integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manages the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Assist with research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with network infrastructure and/or components
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment Certification: CCNA
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
GDIT is seeking a Telecommunications Technician to work at a site on Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. A strong work ethic and flexible attitude are critical for success in this role.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
This Technician will be responsible for:
- Fiber Optic structured cable distribution system installation
- Ability to terminate all forms of fiber by various methods
- Familiarity with fiber connector types and manufacturers
- Experience testing single-mode and multi-mode fiber installations
- Experience with OTDR testing and fiber optic troubleshooting
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards
- Installing, terminating, and testing all forms of copper and fiber cabling
- Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures.
- Attending training and safety meetings, and working safely at all times
- Directly related experience (cabling, construction trades)
- Proven experience as a fiber optic specialist
- BICSI Installer/Technician certification highly desired
- Reliable daily travel to work-sites
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety
Must be capable of physical activity, including maneuvering around the building including comms closets, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting of 50lbs +.
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain Poly.
Sr. Configuration Analyst
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Sr Configuration Manager – please continue to read below!
1. Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
2. Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
3. Performs various audits and documents results.
4. Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
5. Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
6. Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
7. Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
8. Assists Software Asset Manager with software licensing.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Provides direct administrative support to a member of the ELT or senior customer executive.
**High Priority** As a critical member of the Front Office, candidate will provide comprehensive support to the Director and Deputy Director, both executive level officers, and will provide assistance to other officers if necessary. Will provide primary calendar management support, and will screen emails, phone calls, and visitors, and will resolve conflicts with discretion, forethought, and tactfulness. Track and monitor ongoing projects and initiatives, and develop and maintain records management systems. Assemble briefing packages, consolidate reference material and/or develop high level summaries of meetings or actions to be taken using inputs from leadership. Research and prepare background information and/or talking points as needed on meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for meetings. Summarize lengthy correspondence - highlighting key issues, topics, or sentences - and provide follow-up to ensure proper and timely action is taken. Must be comfortable with rolling and changing priorities that occasionally deem that meeting be rescheduled. Flag important tasks for action and keep executives aware of highly sensitive requests. Know or quickly become knowledgeable with the Sponsor's travel system to set up travel itineraries for domestic and foreign travel for the Director, Deputy Director, as well as Front Office staff, if assistance is needed. Process all travel arrangements, vouchers, and POV reimbursements without supervision. Order office supplies and computer accessories, and arrange repairs for office equipment and facilities as needed. Prepare for visitors by initiating or passing any needed security clearances and escort visitors as needed. Must have excellent communications and writing skills to compose correspondence on behalf of senior executives. This is a high tempo/high volume office environment. Core hours: 9:00-6:00.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks associated with drafting and design.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and associated AutoDesk products. Must be able to read and develop shipboard installation drawings and understand the Navy SHIPMAIN process.
13. Maintain configuration control of technical documentation.
14. Develop and submit Liaison Action Records (LARs) and Ship Change Documents (SCDs) as required.
15. Complete knowledge with Government and Commercial Design and Drafting requirements including Drawing Format, Weight Group assignment, General Specifications for Overhaul of Surface Ships and Submarines, Fleet Modernization Program Manual, ANSI/ASME, etc.
16. Prepare and submit estimates for projects requested by Program Managers.
17. Maintain and market department to ensure stability and growth.
Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges.
We were recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer.
The duties include:
- Adapts functional business requirements and processes to technical solutions based upon comprehensive enterprise application solution sets. Enterprise resource planning and management processes, including but not limited to: knowledge management, investment analysis, data warehousing, e-commerce, return on investment analysis, human resource analysis, material management and logistics, supply chain management, procurement, ordering, manufacturing, decision support, and information dissemination. Assists in the upkeep, maintenance, and security of networks.
- Analyzes the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective and determines immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements.
- Executes complex tasks and integrates, plans, coordinates, and facilitates information system related activities such as upgrade of hardware and software, program and system design development of computer networks, and implementation of internet and intranet sites.
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and fit with company/customer system architecture standards
Ticket Managers support the overall program’s requirement to effectively provide data center services through timely and efficient resolution of customer requests via the agency’s ticketing system.
- Manage tickets and ensure adequate workflow through ticket lifecycle.
- Identify gaps in ticket workflow processes.
- Develop and implement effective ticket management and lifecycle processes.
- Ensure proper ticket assignment to support groups for triage, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Assist with ticket quality, proper routing and assignment, documentation, and trend analysis.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of customer requests.
- Review customer requirements and oversee implementation of standard changes.
- Enhance tracking and management of standard changes expenditures.
- Create, develop, and maintain system knowledge articles and documentation.
- Provide ticketing system training as required.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge of ticket status and identify workflow gaps.
- Perform data analysis and provide metrics and statistical data as required.
- Develop and run various reports and queries on all types of tickets in various statuses for the entire program.
- Assist in continuous improvements by providing recommendations to assist program in enhancement of exceptional delivery of data center services.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Ticket Managers (TM) work as part of an elite and agile team responsible for maintaining and improving program responsibilities through efficient ticket management processes. The TM will be expected to proactively interact with customers and engineers in an effort to assist with expeditious responses and resolution of customer incident tickets and change requests. TMs are expected to oversee multiple queues and ensure tickets are properly assigned to groups and technicians when applicable allowing for timely triage, troubleshooting, and resolution. TMs are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills. TMs will assist with capacity tracking, incident and change management, proper ticket routing and assignment, and metric analysis and presentation.
Candidate will be expected to coordinate the change process with the government customer and act as a liaison to ensure that DCS Engineers and Technicians follow established processes. Candidate will be able to guide modifications to the change process and document adherence to the process. Candidate must demonstrate sufficient IT technical knowledge to provide advice and guidance to fellow contractors and government customers. Candidate will be expected to attend and occasionally brief and lead meetings utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Remedy and Analytics Reports, and Visualization Software both to contractor and government personnel. Candidate must be able to explain not only the process but the underlying reasoning for the process to assist others in complying with it.
Candidate must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills as they will frequently interact with end customers and government leadership personnel. Candidate must have knowledge and experience necessary to apply logical precedent to handle one-off and unusual situations.
This position will provide assistance with Incident, Change, Problem Tickets, and Knowledge Management Articles for the Data Center Services (DCS) Contractor managers and the DCS Program Management Office supporting NGA. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Act as the interface/liaison between customers, engineers, and the government.
- Oversee support group queues and tickets for the program.
- Monitor and enhance ticket workflow.
- Assist program with obtaining required information necessary to fulfill and implement fixes and changes.
- Create and analyze reports and data visualizations to monitor program performance with regards to ticket resolutions and closures.
- Interpret and validate customer requirements and manage implementation of standard change requests.
- Maintain knowledge of catalog offerings and track standard change capacity expenditures
- Maintain a working knowledge of program teams, roles and responsibilities, and programmatic business changes.
*** Candidate will be expected to support a flexible 6 am to 6pm work schedule. ***
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.