Click column header to sort
GDIT is seeking a Technical Writer Intern in Herndon, VA for summer 2019. Our business intern program is designed with you in mind. You will be part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our client’s most complex issues. Throughout the summer, you will work on innovative projects that touch areas such as Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Proposal Writing, Consulting, and other related areas depending on your background and interest. Our interns have real responsibilities and work alongside experienced leaders and other smart, motivated people. It will help you to develop best in class skills that you can take back to the class room.
The Technical Writer Intern will perform the following duties:
- Provide structured writing, editing and formatting for all documentation.
- Identify, plan, and create content required to meet documentation needs
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and web-based documents for non-technical and technical audiences.
- Interface with engineering, SME, operations and other experts and relevant personnel to complete document deliverables.
- Adhere to established documentation standards and styles.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of production documentation and company quality standards.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Demonstrated experience and ability to lead or direct a team of specialists in the implementation and operation of various types of fully integrated computer-based systems. Demonstrated experience and ability to test and operate all phases of the system cycle. Ability to operate all system components as defined in the TO to include hardware, software, and mass storage devices. Ability to operate communications-computer systems, and install, implement, maintain and tune operating systems, disk and tape management systems, and computer operations automation software.
General Dynamics Information Technology is currently seeking a highly skilled Executive Administrator who will be able to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of our Customer.
Coordinates the overall workflow and coordination of activities associated with the Senior Executive’s (SE’s) responsibilities and serves as the liaison between the component and the
Intelligence Community (IC). The nature of this position demands exercising wide autonomy, latitude, and discretion regarding workflow, priorities, and methods to accomplish work in accordance with established policies and procedures. The position requires an extensive knowledge of executive level administrative processes and procedures in the IC, and an in-depth knowledge of the various executive styles, methods of operation, relationships, and authorities
The candidate will perform; but will not be limited to; the following responsibilities:
Position requires active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Serves as primary Point of Contact (POC) for the office and provides administrative support to 1-2 designated SEs by performing a variety of complex and routine administrative duties in compliance with written and oral guidance and policies.
- Interacts with high-ranking officials within the agency and throughout the IC, the Congress, the White House, and the private sector.
- Prepares, contributes and/or provides substantive review of an extensive volume of written and oral materials.
- Performs multiple critical and time-sensitive tasks simultaneously.
- Coordinates with component divisions to assure alignment with key component priorities within ODNI and the IC.
- Oversees and coordinates with component staff the development of read-ahead materials and briefing books to prepare senior executives for meetings, conferences, and other public events.
- Plans, develops, and provides substantive briefings, presentations, reports, and other materials to inform senior leadership and other stakeholders on topics of interest.
- Vets incoming correspondence, summarizes/highlights key issues or topics, and follows up to ensure proper and timely response.
- Maintains a schedule of appointments that involves determining the importance of issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting principals.
- Assists with timekeeping and updating HR systems by serving as element Timekeeper.
- Prepares regular (e.g., weekly) status reports to keep the SE apprised of important issues.
- Prepare meeting agendas, record meeting minutes, noting those actions that require follow-up, and disseminate to element staff, attendees/participants and other recipients for awareness and/or action.
- Track incoming tasks actions and update element task action tracking systems.
- Arrange domestic and foreign travel, compose travel cables and assist with processing travel vouchers.
- Assist in coordinating project/events, including planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing team events.
- Prepare to host visitors, coordinate parking, pass security clearances and escort uncleared visitors.
- Update and maintain records, files and other documents/materials (electronic or in hard copy).
General Dynamics Information Technology is currently seeking a highly skilled Sr. Business Administrator who will be able to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of our Customer. The candidate will perform; but will not be limited to; the following responsibilities:
-Serve as the primary liaison between the designated Senior Executive manager; other Senior Executive managers; other managers; and staff.
-Manage the workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously adapting scheduling for the assigned Senior Executive; cognitive of the criticality; sensitivity; and confidentiality of the issues both internally and externally within the customer's organization; Congress; other Intelligence Community organizations; and the private sector.
-Maintains an awareness of internal structural levels and hierarchy within the organization by being cognizant of internal and external executive interrelationships; styles and methods of operations.
-Performs a comprehensive range of direct executive office support for a designated Senior Executive.
-Maintains a schedule of appointments that involves determining the importance of the issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting principals.
-Anticipates and researches topics that are of interest to the Senior Executive and prepare background books and/or talking points papers; as needed.
-Monitors and coordinates systemic impacts of email for action items and gleans items from staffing meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
-Assists and relieves the assigned Senior Executive of a variety of complex executive office support functions involving contact and exposure to highly critical; sensitive; and confidential information.
-Drafts and prepares non-routine letters; memos; documents; and various reports requiring comprehensive knowledge of customer's methods; policies; regulations; procedures; and organization for the Senior Executive's signature. -Answers phones; places; screens; and refers calls to appropriate resources; takes messages and follows-up accordingly to ensure adequate resolution of issues and concerns. -Prepares for visitors by initiating or passing any needed security clearances and escorts visitors as needed. -Researches and prepares background information and/or talking points papers; as needed on the meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for the meeting.
-Disseminates the executive's schedule to appropriate staff and acts as liaison between the Senior Executive and others.
-Receives; sorts; and screens incoming mail; categorizes and prioritizes response needed. Uses initiative to prepare responses for signature and to assemble background information from a variety of sources.
-Summarizes lengthy correspondence; highlighting keys issues; topics or sentences; follows up to ensure proper and timely action taken as needed.
-Develops and maintains accurate records and file management systems.
-Makes appointments; travel arrangements; and itineraries; assembles or ensures that packets of information or briefing materials are prepared. Accurately prepares expense statements. Assists and informs Senior Executive of problems that arise during absences.
-Maintains an efficient office environment; may include assisting in the ordering of supplies; arranging for the repair of office equipment; initiating the installation of new software; or participating in the planning and implementation of office renovation projects.
Position requires active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
The candidate will be a member of the Windows Server / SAN Team responsible for the Windows enterprise server environment consisting of physical and virtual servers. The team provides common level services including file and print sharing, Active Directory account management, hosting software on Windows servers, and patch management of all Windows devices. #ISDCJ #DPOST #SC3 #DPOST
The IOM provides technical expertise, research, evaluation, and staff support for SOF identity operations at supported TSOC, interagency partner, and COCOM. Support includes preparing host organization standard draft identity operations staff documentation (White / information Papers, Briefings, routing / staffing documents, agendas, timelines, trip reports etc.).
Provide lesson’s learned technical expertise, identify common operational requirements and develop biometric, forensic, and DOMEX processes to support the unique needs of each theater, supported agency, and commander.
Draft and coordinate identity related plans, policy documentation, partner nation or interagency MOA/MOUs, CONOPS, orders and/or supporting identity operations Annexes/ Appendixes to address SOF equities world-wide that lead to global access and operational authorities.
De-conflict, synchronize, and coordinate biometric, forensic, and DOMEX issues to achieve USG, DoD, and partner nation consensus in support of SOF identity operations.
Review identity operations capabilities, tactics, techniques and procedures to synchronize and report best practices across SOF missions and operations.
Support planning and coordinating USSOCOM Tactical Evaluation event activities.
Advise Commanders in biometric, DOD biometric, forensic, and DOMEX capabilities and operations, and document identity operational requirements in support of TSOC, interagency partner, and COCOM missions.
Remain current on emerging identity related technologies in the areas of live / latent fingerprint collection, iris scans, facial recognition, voice pattern analysis, DNA, hand geometry and behavioral patterns.
Leverage DOD biometrics enabled watch list process (BEWL) to support IOM missions.
Support, develop, plan, evaluate and recommend capabilities to meet requirements of current and future COCOM/TSOC identity operations. Includes recommending process change decisions, applying deployed force lessons learned, and improving DOD biometrics architecture requirements to support commander’s unique regional requirements.
Coordinate or participate in tactical biometric, forensic, or document and media (DOMEX) exploitation studies, evaluations, testing, and / or provide Subject Matter Expertize to assist in the development of effective remedies.
GDIT is seeking a Cloud Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the cost optimization efforts of multiple development teams migrating their applications to various cloud environments. The Cloud Analyst will support the Cloud Economics team in delivering highly communicative and economic support to their customers as they embark on their cloud journey. In this role you will measure, monitor, and analyze the usage of our Cloud customers and make recommendations for cost optimization. Successful candidates are experienced economists or analysts with technical depth and expertise, along with strong customer engagement and communications skills.
- Responsible for complex tasks in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various Cloud sources.
- Perform technical and financial analysis to help Business Owners determine the impact of cloud adoption.
- Define the total cost of ownership and business value for moving to the Cloud.
- Creates, maintains, updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Analyzes assigned business owner account, cloud usage, and capacity requirements.
- Supports assigned Cost Account Managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Makes recommendations to Cost Account Manager to improve the cost optimization of the account.
- Develops plans for assigned accounts and tracks performance to plan.
- Assists in the development of cost optimization policies and guidelines.
- Conducts audits and analysis of their account’s optimization efforts, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that new resources are approved, allowable, and in the best interest of the Business Owner.
- May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant Cloud optimization, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Ideal candidate is a self starter who is able to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision. Should be able to work well under pressure, show initiative and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Should have the ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making as well as discretion and effective written and oral communication skills is required. Will perform registrar function, provide administrative support in training environment. Assist in distributing course materials and creating and processing course credits for all students. Will provide VIP visitor support. Proven ability to focus on detail and respond quickly/accurately to requests and changing requirements. Experience with and considerable knowledge of Word, Excel and customer training, supply and communication systems.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) Level C Instruction and instructional support services at Fort Rucker, AL.
The mission of the United States Army Full Spectrum SERE Level C Course is to ensure each student graduates with the confidence and appropriate proficiency level to employ SERE and individual Personnel Recovery (PR) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) necessary to survive and return with honor regardless of the circumstances of isolation. This is a very demanding environment, with academic instruction, small group hands-on field training, practical application laboratory instruction, and operational performance exercise phases of training. The course length coupled with the OPTEMPO will require that multiple classes run simultaneously with some overlap, hours worked will depend on class scheduling and will encompass some Weekends and Holidays.
Evasion Instructors shall perform Evasion Movement training, Escapes training, Barriers to Evasion, Evasion FTX duties, and participate in debriefing of evasion training phase IAW SERE Level-C POI and U.S. Army SERE School SOP
The Instructor shall conduct classroom instruction, evasion training, and SERE technical training IAW all applicable documents, publications. Personnel shall be trained and proficient in all aspects of evasion tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and training methodologies (i.e., personal protection, building shelters and fires, preserving food and water, plant and wildlife, sanitation and hygiene practices, hide and hole-up site operations, incidental contact and personnel recovery tactics techniques and procedures). Personnel shall be proficient in the use of maps, compasses, and GPS, CSEL radio operations and have a working knowledge in the use of PR unique communications, signaling, and recovery devices. Contractor personnel shall be physically capable of operating in austere field conditions. The Instructor shall provide the Government training manager with recommendations for validating training, syllabi and instructor guides for academic and SERE operations training aids and presentations for instructors. The Instructor shall manage, train, and conduct instructor certification during on-post laboratory and field training operations. The Instructor shall track, maintain, and update training logs, student hand-outs, and note taking guides. Will as required serve as opposing force (OPFOR) for the duration of all Evasion Scenarios to include the Urban Evasion exercise.
Instructors shall function as the Officer in Charge (OIC)/ Range Safety Officer (RSO) and be physically capable to instruct and demonstrate SRM, urban and rural evasion movement principles, as well as barriers to evasion. Instructors shall be familiar with the basic fundamentals of shooting small caliber weapons (M9 pistol, M4 rifle and AK47 rifle) as well as the characteristics of these weapons to include loading, clearing and proper handling of malfunctions. The instructor shall as required be responsible for ammunition handling, loading of magazines, and distribution of ammunition during all range operations. Instructors shall be required to physically run with Students during the break contact range and successfully negotiate the barriers to evasion. Instructors shall be required to become familiar with Army Regulations, DA Pamphlets, SOPs, and risk mitigation as it pertains to their section.
Short Range Marksmanship (SRM)/Break Contact Range Instructor. Personnel shall be of adequate physical fitness to perform SRM Instruction (up to 20 lanes at a time), and accompany students on the live-fire Break Contact lanes (3 lanes at a time, 2 students per lane), every class cycle, regardless of temperature or weather.
Additional Duties: When instructors are not actively engaged in the implementation and/or execution of student training, the Contractor shall provide support for the following SERE course and administrative activities:
- Conduct the In-Service Training Program for military cadre and Contractor instructor staff.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and implementation of new SERE training schedules.
- Research, design, develop, and recommend new SERE training doctrine relative to SERE Level-C Full Spectrum training requirements integration.
- In coordination with the SERE Course Manager, suggest modifications to SERE training curriculum to ensure currency and relevance to the Personnel Recovery, DOD, and JPRA SERE programs. Any changes or modification are subject to approval by the SERE Course Manager.
- Design, develop, and execute a continuous improvement process allowing for the improvement and implementation of internal and external logistical support requirements necessary to support the SERE training program, the U.S. Army SERE School, and Fort Rucker;
- Maintain SERE training facilities, and as required, SERE support facilities in clean and serviceable state; report facility issues to applicable government section personnel for submission of work orders, as appropriate.
- Perform supply and logistics maintenance and re-stock activities of required SERE issue items, training supplies, and necessary administrative support supplies and stocks.
- Support range operations by assisting with ammunition handling, loading, unloading, and clean-up.
GDIT will conduct experiment and development activities to enhance multiple cyber platforms in the area of command and control, planning, generation, execution, analysis, reporting, visualization and services to support the cyber mission of the U.S. Air Force.
The Ideal candidate will be supporting Cryptologic Cyber Systems Divison in an Agile Software Development environment. Developing and enhancing the cyber posture for AF weapons systems. SW Tool creation and platform integration.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.