Click column header to sort
Under general supervision, responsible for providing second level telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions and/or issues. Troubleshoots determine problems for operating systems, applications and remote access, email and telephone and wireless issues. Responsible for network and email account provisioning and management, as well as, wireless mobility problems, issues or request. Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user the technician escalates problem to the appropriate team. Responsible for opening, tracking and closing trouble tickets. Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Tracks activities of field engineers to who tickets were assigned. Must possess an advanced technical skill and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites. Requires experience and knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers. Must have basic knowledge of help desk call tracking management systems. Requires strong communication and excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a good working knowledge of applications software, hardware, operating system software, networking and systems documentation support issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interpret user comments, identify problems and provide timely resolution, often on complex technical issues
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Required skills/experience: Network engineering and design, including network and information security requirements; working knowledge of policies and procedures related to designing, upgrading, and maintaining enterprise networks; Firewall and F5 experience is required, high level knowledge of cloud computing
Desired skills/experience: Working knowledge of theory and practice underlying satellite and LAN/WAN network operations; strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus with team members and customer stakeholders, working knowledge of VMware Virtualization Solutions, Virtual PC (VPC), and Virtual Device Contexts (VDC)
Desired Certifications: CCIE or other networking certification
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
GDIT is currently seeking a Subcontracts Administrator Advisor to join our team. In this role you will conducts negotiation and administration of government subcontracts.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, negotiates and administers assigned NDAs, TAs, Subcontracts, and other related agreements in accordance with client requirements and GDIT policies and procedures.
- Leads the subcontract capture process which includes pricing and scheduling strategy, communicating with the subcontractor teammates regarding data calls, assessing the responses received, and co-ordinating communications between subcontract stakeholders.
- Ensures timely processing of subcontract negotiations for fair and reasonable pricing as well as terms and conditions with assistance from management and input from relevant stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains compliant audit files in accordance with customer requirements and GDIT policies and procedures.
- Participates in problem resolution related to subcontract requirements by providing advice based on subcontract interpretation.
- Serves as liaison and facilitator between the relevant subcontract stakeholders.
- Coordinates with program managers and all matrixed organizations to ensure subcontract requirements are fulfilled.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced subcontract administrators, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Creates and reviews subcontract team files for audit compliance with customer and corporate policies.
- Maintains heightened knowledge of relevant subcontract procedures and practices.
- Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy
- Initiates and maintains an extensive network of communication with industry peers.
- Manages special projects as required.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- May issues PKI tokens as a Trusted Agent/Enhanced Trusted Agent
- May configures Smartphones and provisions cellular service
GDIT is looking for a leader with the ideas, experience, and knowledge to transform the way our HR records are managed. We are a top-tier contractor with 35K+ active employees, so experience with large-scale records operations is important. Our company has grown through acquisition, so the ability to integrate records from multiple systems, formats, and platforms is essential. We are seeking someone who can provide the vision and expertise to unify these diverse legacy records groups into a common system.
Our records management solution will be IT-based, so the leader will need to have solid understanding of data management and the ability to collaborate with IT professionals. In addition to technical knowledge, we seek a true team leader who can guide our team of six members through organizational growth and change. The position requires a person who can provide the full range of leadership: large-scale vision and execution, mid-range project management, and daily team workflow.
Lead the Team:
- Provide leadership, talent development, and daily guidance for six team members who support Records Management processes.
Maintain the records:
- Responsible for management, inventory, maintenance, and retention of personnel records of 35000+ active employees as well as retention of personnel files of former employees.
- Manage the Human Resources records retention program and all associated policy and process components, including record hold orders.
- Manage offsite records storage inventory and processes.
Integrate the records:
- Develop solutions and strategies to secure, inventory and archive the records from acquired companies that exist on diverse platforms and formats.
- Evaluate and recommend a document management solution to integrate high volume, multi-format legacy employee records. Responsible for implementing and managing the recommended solution in partnership with IT.
Manage records systems:
- Manage content on an HR SharePoint site and internally-developed processes to support records administration on this site. Work with IT partners to manage system and address any technical performance issues.
- Manage content resident on other legacy records repositories, HRIS, and ATS systems to ensure continued access during integration.
Manage customer support:
- External customers: Manage HR records compliance-related functions such as employment verifications, external audit responses, and records review for security clearance investigations.
- Internal customers: Manage processes related to providing records for HR Business Professionals; Legal department; internal audits; employee file review; and other stakeholders.
- Manage vendor relationships and associated contracts.
Lead Record Privacy Initiatives:
- Develop and implement strategies for ensuring highest-level data privacy for HR records and data, including communication, monitoring, and incident investigation processes.
- Lead ongoing efforts for EU General Data Protection Regulation compliance.
Improve and Document Processes:
- Streamline and standardize existing life cycle processes. Update internal process documents and workflows.
- Write policy and guidelines in support of records-related functions.
GDIT is looking for a candidate to support Linux servers and Windows 10 clients on both classified and unclassified networks supporting a U.S. Government Customer. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for administration of a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment maintaining user accounts, operating system patching, security scanning, and troubleshooting hardware failures.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage Linux Servers and Windows 10 clients supporting the HPC
• Hardening of Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu) machines in accordance with DISA STIGs and regulations
• Manage backup system configuration and operation (SAN or NAS)
• Resolution of hardware/software interoperability problems
• Assisting end users with issues from account maintenance to software configuration and access.
• Streamlining and enhancing distributed/shared processors
• Basic knowledge of switching and networking
• Perform the duties of the Data Transfer Agent for the customer
Performs a variety of general administrative and operational tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group, or customer
ARMA Global is seeking a self-starter that performs work in a small team capacity and can support a dynamic customer responsible for the following:
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes enhancements to existing items
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities
- Resolves hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Participates in highly complex projects with customers, managers, end-users
- Performs system/software requirement gathering and analysis using different methodologies (i.e., agile approaches and techniques; waterfall approaches and techniques; etc.)
Experience with DoD level policy in regards to handling sensitive information handling, processes and procedures required. Must be able to work in a cross functional team with other departments and agencies and coordinate across military services and DoD organizations to evaluate and understand initiatives and gaps. Maintain references, record documents and information from a variety of sources related to providing support. If you have a passion for assisting in the execution of a Special Operations classified contract environment and looking for an exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Satisfaction, Professional Growth, Excellent Salary, Bonuses, and all around Cool Job!
This ARMA Network / Systems Administrator position is a full time opportunity for candidates who are looking for a Challenge in a fast paced energetic environment. This opportunity is perfect for experienced Administrators who are comfortable with both Network and Systems Administration domains that wants to work with the latest technologies and be a part of a team that truly makes a difference supporting Unique customers.
This position typically provides in-garrison support but may be subject to provide offsite IT Support as required.
Go home at the end of every day knowing your job really matters.
Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems. Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions. Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems. Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment. Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints. Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Supervises complex operations that involve two or more
additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems. Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.